Nancy Wu to Play Ruco Chan’s Bodyguard in “The Alliance”

By on September 7, 2016 in NEWS, TV Dramas

Nancy Wu to Play Ruco Chan’s Bodyguard in “The Alliance”

The team behind TVB’s hit drama A Fist Within Four Walls <城寨英雄> held a 14-table banquet on Tuesday to celebrate the success of its series finale, which aired on Sunday, August 28 to relatively high viewership numbers.

The manhua-inspired kung fu drama, produced by Jazz Boon (文偉鴻), averaged 32.9 points and peaked to 35.2 points in the last 10 minutes of Sunday’s finale, reaching 2.28 million live viewers. It is the highest peak and average for a TVB finale since 2013’s Triumph in the Skies 2 <衝上雲霄II>, which averaged averaged 38 and peaked to 41.

“I really want a film sequel,” said Nancy Wu (胡定欣), who starred in Four Walls as the retired assassin Tiu Lan. “Now that the producer (Jazz Boon) and Catherine Tsang (曾麗珍) are here, I’m going to ask them about it. I really, really want it to happen!”

Ruco Chan (陳展鵬), who starred in the series as Chor Au-kuen, was asked if he too would like to return as the walled city hero in a film sequel. He said simply, “It’s possible. We can.” Nancy nudged him and said, “Don’t say it like that! You don’t sound like you want it enough!”

Ruco and Nancy, who played a couple in Four Walls, will be teaming up again for Jazz Boon’s upcoming action thriller The Alliance <同盟>, which starts production this month. Nancy will be playing Ruco’s bodyguard, a skilled fighter in Krav Maga.

“Our producer considers us all as action actors, so he definitely won’t go easy on us,” said Nancy. “We have looked over the script for our new drama already. There’s going to be fighting in pretty much every episode like Four Walls.”

“It’s very intense,” added Ruco.

In regards to playing Ruco’s bodyguard, Nancy said, “My outfits will be short and tight-fitting. The weather is also getting colder, so I am a bit concerned.” (Worried about injuries?) “I’m okay. As long as we all look cool!”

Ruco, who will start training for his role next week, said, “There’s definitely going to be a lot of fighting for all of us. This is a modern drama, so it should be more flexible than period dramas like Four Walls. Therefore the possibility of it having a sequel or a film version should be bigger. Hopefully our new drama can be like Four Walls, and bring the audiences to a completely different world.”

The Alliance is described as a Mission: Impossible-esque action thriller, and is regarded by the media as a modern version of Four Walls. The drama will also star Film Queen Paw Hee-ching (鮑起静) in her first TVB drama, playing Ruco’s mother.

Describing Paw Hee-ching’s role, Ruco said, “She appears to be affable and kind in the outside, but she is actually someone who has many tricks up her sleeve.”

Source: Oriental Daily, HK01

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

29 comments to Nancy Wu to Play Ruco Chan’s Bodyguard in “The Alliance”

1. snoopy says:

Its the first time I want a different leading actress for a sequeal…

Login or Register before you can reply to snoopy
    • snoopy replied:

*sequel…cant edit

Login or Register before you can reply to snoopy
  2. isay says:

That will be a refreshing change! Looking forward to it.

Login or Register before you can reply to isay
  3. rucofans says:

Yeah….another drama by Ruco. Love it…
    TVB please filming more Ruco’s drama and most important he will be the main roles.
    Looking forward to all Ruco’s new drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to rucofans
  4. happybi says:

I actually like this pairing. Seem like an interesting drama… hopefully won’t disappoint like 4 walls in the middle..

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
  5. dramadrama says:

I loved the paring!!! Just hope tvb give them more screen time. I realised tvb love to cut down their screen time. Why……

Login or Register before you can reply to dramadrama
    • fighter replied:

@dramadrama @happybi @rucofans @snoopy I really feel pity for this pathetic fame seeker. He must be very desperate to hold on to his fame, stardom and wealth, since he feels the need to undergo plastic surgery to maintain his youthful appearance. You can clearly tell from this photo, he face shape looks so different now compared to just a few years ago.

He went from having a round face to a longer, slimmer face and jawline and a big, flat nose to one that is tall, sharp and refined and he can still blatantly deny that he went under the knife. Unbelievable. What’s more unbelievable is that the die hard fans actually believe this BS. There’s no doubt about it that he must have undergone some kind of plastic surgery on his face and nose.

Login or Register before you can reply to fighter
      • joyce replied:

@fighter totally agree, admit that he’s a good (not great) actor but he has cosmetic surgery big time. I said it b4 but all the hardcore fans denied it. His face so stiff.

Login or Register before you can reply to joyce
      • fighter replied:

@joyce I’m sick and tired of hearing about this money grubbing fame seeker on the news all the time. This guy is way overexposed and overrated, he should just look elsewhere to earn a living but not in the entertainment industry.

Login or Register before you can reply to fighter
      • rucofans replied:

if you don’t like Ruco can you please just keep your stinky mouth shut !
        You jealous him becos of too handsome than you?
        why you criticize him. Either he doing any surgery or not its is not related to you at all ya.

Login or Register before you can reply to rucofans
      • charcoalcake replied:

@fighter Save your energy and time fighter, wait you are no fighter, but guarantee a HATER, you don’t need to feel pity for him,he most likely earn more $$$$$$$ than you and definitely has a bigger fan base than you. I saw him in person when he was in Toronto, genuinely super nice guy and handsome as hells *who the hell cares about surgery. I would sure as hell recommending you getting surgery too, not only to your face, but to your brain if possible*. IMO he is great in acting and has a great singing voice. Looking forward to his upcoming new dramas. Well guess what hater, read this, yea right here -read it out loud— RUCO IS THE BEST. bye troll

Login or Register before you can reply to charcoalcake
      • fighters replied:

@charcoalcake I remember in an interview he once said there’s never enough money. Although it’s important to film dramas, but it always dominates over opportunities for concert performances. Really? He earns a million dollars per year and that is still not enough money for him support himself? Fame and wealth really is clouding his mind. I really wonder how much money is considered enough for him to satisfy his greedy desires? The society must be crazy to pay these celebrities such a high salary. We should stop worshipping them and lining their pockets with millions for nothing.

I guess no matter how much fame and money he have,he will still want more. A greedy person like him will never be satisfied despite having everything. These pathetic, money grubbing fame seeker is probably going to spend his the rest of his life chasing after fame, fortune and high status life.

Login or Register before you can reply to fighters
      • isay replied:

@fighters oh shut up fighter, fighters, unknown ,killer, You’re so bitter and jealous becos he’s making lots more money than you, is hotter than you and is more popular than your nameless heroes in TVB? There’s lots more artistes who make lots lots lots more money than Ruco. Go hate on them instead. Plus he has to support his family as he’s the only son. Nothing wrong with wanting to make more money. I’m sure we all aspire to make as much as we can while we can, don’t you? Every dollar he makes is from his blood sweat and tears. If only you’d get off your ass and stop hiding behind the keyboard to attack him, you might be able to make a decent living for yourself.

Login or Register before you can reply to isay
      • rucofans replied:

@isay
        you are absolute rite. Im very support your comments on Ruco.
        Me also think the same.

Login or Register before you can reply to rucofans
      • rucofans replied:

@fighters
        helo….pls keep your mouth shut.
        I belief RUco work so hard is just to want earn more money. I think most of ppl wont say” oh…I got a higher pay today I don’t need anymore money’ or I got enough money now…who cares I need more & more to come.
        You jealous of him??
        You not Ruco how you know he got enough money just to support himself.
        I believe if you are an actor, you even more greedy than him.

Login or Register before you can reply to rucofans
      • rucofans replied:

@fighters
        I think you are too jealous becos of his handsome look.
        Every single dollar and cents Ruco earns is from his own bloods and sweats. He deserve to get more & more pay. Of course, he still needs to earn more money to support his family. I didn’t see anything goes wrong with his this aggressive attitude to make more money as long as he is not stealing or robbing bank.
        he just doing good in his entertainment industry.
        if you not satisfy or jealous him….pls shut up’

Login or Register before you can reply to rucofans
      • isay replied:

@charcoalcake i couldn’t have said it better. Hi 5!

Login or Register before you can reply to isay
  6. angelau2015 says:

like this pair on screen

Login or Register before you can reply to angelau2015
  7. hannah says:

cant wait to see the new show! love this pair!

Login or Register before you can reply to hannah
  8. theyenman says:

I’d be wary of any sequel TVB pumps out. Seems like it’s been a long time since TVB made one that was any good. Sequels to series like Healing Hands, Armed Reaction, and Detective Investigation Files, were just as good, if not better, than the first. Nowadays, TVB produces garbage sequels, and really ruins their series.

Login or Register before you can reply to theyenman
  9. creditor says:

I said it before. Nancy Wu is not pretty enough to be a compatible female lead playing opposite Ruco. TVB should stop this pairing!

Login or Register before you can reply to creditor
    • fighters replied:

@creditor I’m sick and tired of hearing about this money grubbing fame seeker on the news all the time. This guy is way overexposed and overrated, he should just look elsewhere to earn a living but not in entertainment industry.

Login or Register before you can reply to fighters
      • rucofans replied:

@fighters
        Fighter….if you are sick of hearing this grubbing fame…you better go seek treatment or see doctor.
        Else please shut up……and don’t put your comment here.

Login or Register before you can reply to rucofans
      • fighters replied:

@rucofans Hey, you hypocrite if you don’t like Alex man can you please just keep your stinky mouth shut ! You’re jealous of him because he is way more sucessful than you? why you criticize him. Whether he is young or old its is not related to you at all ya.

Login or Register before you can reply to fighters
  10. dramadrama says:

I don’t really care if Ruco had surgeries done or not. If he feels better after surgeries, who are we to comments? I like him because of his fantastic acting skills, and of course he look hot and handsome, regardless of surgeries or not.

Can see from his interview that he is a humble guy. Cool. Even if he earns millions or more, he earned it by hard work. Hope tvb can appreciate him more. Can’t wait to see more of him!!!! And I really had stopped watching BK2 after the grand finale of episode 5. Hehe. Great choice!

Login or Register before you can reply to dramadrama
  11. siro112233 says:

Why this fight about Ruco’s face and money?! It’s the serie we have to focussing on!!

Anway. Jazz Boon is a great producer. Most of his series are turned to super succes.

Bounty Lady was funny. It makes me laugh all the time. Maybe because i am fan from Dayo en Benz.

Line walker was great. Many plots and mysteries. Sammy shum and Patrick Tang was great!! Raymond Charmaine and Benzy were marverlous. I do think that Saam Gor has to winn the best supportactor.

FWFW: great begin. Fresh story. Love the show. Phillip and Moon did a great job as couple. Grace Wong MUST win the most improved actrice. Rucco and Nancywas great. But i don’t feel any romance atmosphere between those two. Au siu wai as main Boss dissapointed me a little. The clash and fighting were great and awesome. But the end was to hurry.

The Aliance: i do think rucco in modern drama is handsomer then ancient.
    In FWFW he really missed his glasses. If it still can change. Let Nancy play Ruco’s long lost sister and place Grace as his bodyguard. Or ask the cool girl Kate Tsui to play the bodyguard with less sentence :p. Haha!!

Login or Register before you can reply to siro112233
  12. llwy12 says:

Ok, I’m probably in the minority here, but I’m actually more excited about seeing Paw Hee Ching onscreen again, as she is an awesome actress!  It will feel a little weird though, since I’m so used to seeing her in ATV series…hopefully she has significant amount of screentime.  The last series I watched of hers was the HKTV series Beyond the Rainbow that she filmed with Ha Yu and Felix Wong, but that was 2-3 years ago.

I’m actually not fond of Jazz Boon’s works (sorry, but compared to the producers TVB had in the past, the current ones just don’t quite cut it), so his name alone is not enough to get me interested in the series.  The plot/story doesn’t sound too appealing either (script supervisor is Ng Lap Kwong, whom I’m also not tremendously fond of) so looks like it will come down to cast — which, from those announced so far, sounds pretty solid from an acting perspective, though no one I’m particularly fond of except maybe Paw Hee Ching (and Ruco to some extent).   I’ll have to wait to see what else comes out on this series…

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
  13. janet72 says:

Ruco reached his present success via a long route. It is very tough to stand out in the entertainment industry. How many actors/actresses have the easy way out? Even Nancy wu took a long time to get her tvb best actress award. Fame is short lived…with age catching up, it is hard to keep up.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
    • fighters replied:

@janet72 I’m sick and tired of hearing about this money grubbing fame seeker on the news all the time. This guy is way overexposed and overrated, he should just look elsewhere to earn a living but not in the entertainment industry.

Login or Register before you can reply to fighters