By on May 9, 2018 in Movies, NEWS

Us and Them <後來的我們>, the directorial debut of Taiwanese singer and actress Rene Liu (劉若英) is on track to win big audiences. The romantic drama film, which opened in Mainland China on April 28, has already grossed 120 million yuan in the Chinese box office, putting Rene on the market as one of Asia’s highest-grossing female directors.

The film stars Zhou Dongyu (周冬雨) and Jing Boran (井柏然) as star-crossed lovers from a small village in China. After going separate ways to pursue their dreams, they meet again years later during a flight back home.

Hebe Tien (田馥甄) provides the voice for the film’s sub-theme “Friends Who Have Been in Love for a Long Time” <愛了很久的朋友>, while Eason Chan (陳奕迅) sings the theme song “Us” <我們>.According to The Hollywood Reporter, Netflix has already purchased the rights to distribute the film internationally, reaching 190 countries.

Check out the trailer below!

Source: HK01.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?

• No Related Posts.

• 7 comments to Netflix Buys International Distribution Rights for Rene Liu’s Directorial Debut “Us and Them”

1. tiffany says:

I find her boring in TV dramas lol

Login or Register before you can reply to tiffany
      • wm2017 replied:

@tiffany I know, her face is boring alone. haha lol….

Login or Register before you can reply to wm2017
      • littlefish replied:

@tiffany as much as I love ZDY, I found she interesting in movies, I tried her tv drama and I was like meh lol. I think with movies, her roles are always so versatile, and it’s not cookie cutter, whereas TV drama always the same heroine. And yea, she is not pretty lawl! Love her but I cringe at her tv commercial lawl!

Login or Register before you can reply to littlefish
        • tiffany replied:

@littlefish She’s one of the few artists who are better in movies than dramas. Same way I feel about Nic Tse.

Login or Register before you can reply to tiffany
        • msxie0714 replied:

@littlefish
          Some of the world’s most acclaimed actresses are not conventionally pretty. Too many critical fans misplace beauty contest standards as a substitute for good acting skills.

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie0714
        • littlefish replied:

@msxie0714 I know, however some of the acclaimed actors and actress also couldn’t capture my attention either? Like it’s not their acting, it just I don’t feel drawn in. But some can pull you in, like ZDY and Tavia Yeung lol! I never think of Tavia as pretty either when I first saw her, but something about the way her voice broke when she does crying scenes, her eyes, how she looks at you, it just break you! Over time she just won me over, same with ZDY.

Login or Register before you can reply to littlefish
    2. m0m0 says:

i like 井柏然 and the plot is somewhat similar to if love

Login or Register before you can reply to m0m0