Ruco Chan Leading the Nominees for the 2015 TVB Star Awards Malaysia

By on November 7, 2015 in NEWS, TV Dramas

Ruco Chan Leading the Nominees for the 2015 TVB Star Awards Malaysia

Ruco Chan (陳展鵬) and his nominated works are very likely to win at least one award in the upcoming TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2015, which will be held on November 28 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The actor is not only a favorite to win TV King, his two dramas, Eye In the Sky <天眼> and Captain of Destiny <張保仔>, are both hot favorites to win My Favorite TVB Drama. His coupling with Grace Chan (陳凱琳) in Captain of Destiny is in the running for My Favorite TVB On-Screen Couple as well.

The annual awards ceremony, which celebrates popular TVB dramas and artistes in Malaysia, released a mobile app last month to ask Malaysian fans to vote for their favorite stars. Each week, the organizers reveal the top three results from the fan voting, and Ruco Chan has been dominating his nominated categories since week one.

According to the top three results of the third week, Ruco Chan, Eye In the Sky’s Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) and Momentary Lapse of Reason’s <收規華> Louis Cheung (張繼聰) are the top three favorites to win My Favorite TVB Actor at this year’s awards ceremony. Limelight Year’s <華麗轉身> Linda Chung (鐘嘉欣) and Ghost of Relativity’s <鬼同你OT> Kristal Tin (田蕊妮) and Nancy Wu (胡定欣) are the top three for My Favorite TVB Actress.

Eye In the Sky, Limelight Years, and Captain of Destiny are top favorites to win My Favorite TVB Drama. Eye In the Sky’s theme song “The Truth” <真相> and Captain of Destiny’s theme song “Sailing” <楊帆> are also winning in the My Favorite TVB Theme Song category. “The Truth” has already won My Favorite TVB Theme Song at the StarHub TVB Awards in Singapore, which were held last month.

Madam Cutie On Duty’s <師奶MADAM> Mandy Wong (黃智雯), Momentary Lapse of Reason’s Rosina Lam (林夏薇), and Raising the Bar’s <四個女仔三個BAR> Elaine Yiu (姚子羚) are the top three favorites to win My Favorite Supporting Actress. Eye In the Sky’s Tony Hung (洪永城), The Fixer’s <拆局專家> Benjamin Yuen (袁偉豪), and Momentary Lapse of Reason’s Mat Yeung (楊明) are favorites to win My Favorite Supporting Actor.

Current Top 3 Nominees for Week 3 (random order)

My Favorite TVB Drama Series

Sunday Songbird

My Favorite TVB Enrichment Program
Wellness On the Go 3
All Things Girl
Not Far But Away

Source: On.cc, tvbstarawardsmy

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Ruco Chan Leading the Nominees for the 2015 TVB Star Awards Malaysia

• [STYLE] 2013 TVB Anniversary Awards(65)
  • Fashion at the 2016 TVB Anniversary Awards(12)
  • 2015 TVB Anniversary Awards: Red Carpet Looks(49)
  • Ruco Chan Crowned Singapore’s TV King a Second Time(46)
  • [STYLE] TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2013(62)
  • Red Carpet Fashion at the TVB’s Jubilee Anniversary Gala(8)
  • 5 Cliques in the HK Entertainment Industry That You May Have Heard About(15)
  • Ruco Chan and Wayne Lai are the TV Kings for the 2016 StarHub TVB Awards(43)
  • 2015 TVB Anniversary Awards: Anthony Wong, Nancy Wu Crowned TV King and Queen(155)
  • Netizens Vote for TV King: Ruco Chan’s Fandom Trumps All(96)

• 28 comments to Ruco Chan Leading the Nominees for the 2015 TVB Star Awards Malaysia

1. sojin000 says:

Ruco did a better job acting!
      He must win this year for sure!

Login or Register before you can reply to sojin000
    2. isay says:

Ruco for the win! Malaysia fans jia you!!! Vote hard! Ruco deserves his long overdue recognition!

Login or Register before you can reply to isay
      • sojin000 replied:

@isay Are you able to vote too? IOS cellphone

Login or Register before you can reply to sojin000
        • isay replied:

@sojin000 Whole family supporting Ruco !

Login or Register before you can reply to isay
        • lml1977 replied:

@isay: I’m from Singapore and has been frantically trying to vote for Ruco since voting began in mid October. But this year’s voting is so damn difficult and everything’s in Chinese. I was able to vote last year but couldn’t vote this year. Do you know if overseas fans can vote? I want to Ruco to win in every category that he’s been nominated, esp Best Actor and Best Drama, Fave Charactor, Fave Couple (even though I don’t quite like Grace) and even Fave Enrichment Program.

Login or Register before you can reply to lml1977
    3. janet72 says:

whether it’s EITS or COD, ruco deserves the Best Actor award.

as for tv actress, I like nancy but not in GOR.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
    4. kidd says:

Why no nomination for ‘Under the Veil’? I greatly enjoyed watch this series. It’s well written and well acted. The pacing of the series is steady and there was no subplot/main plot going off the tangent. It sticks to the series main theme and never go off course.

Not many remake series can match up to its original, but, this one does. I can’t say it is better than the original, since they have different tone. There are parts that I prefer the original version but there are also parts that I prefer the remake version. I especially love the improvement they made on the Cheung Jan’s character (played by Bosco in new version and Kwan Chung in old version). The changes to the plot that the scriptwriters made to suit current viewers’ taste/view were also done appropriately.

Eliza Shum deserves a spot in the Most Improved Actress Category for her portrayal of Yi Yi and Peony in UTV.

Login or Register before you can reply to kidd
      • jaylee replied:

@kidd Eliza has already won the Most Improved award before hence she’s not eligible for that category anymore.

Login or Register before you can reply to jaylee
      • jjwong replied:

@kidd I agree, UtV needs some sort of recognition. It’s much better written than CoD IMO. I never seen the first one, so no comparison. I still enjoyed this series.

Login or Register before you can reply to jjwong
    5. alien says:

My Favorite TVB Most Improved Actor

Owen Cheung

My Favorite TVB Most Improved Actress

Tracy Chu

Login or Register before you can reply to alien
      • alien replied:

@alien it also depends on the attendance of the artist. I know many supports Ruco but Ruco already received the awards in Singapore so it’s unlikely to get it again. However, he does still stand a chance, but maybe Kevin gets the award this time. And maybe in Hong Kong, ruco will get the award again. This list are my prediction and not my preference.

Login or Register before you can reply to alien
        • isay replied:

@alien Ruco will win astro. Everyone thought he wouldn’t win Starhub back to back but he did. Tvb awards will be a bit harder since tvb needs to “give face ” esp to anthony, not that Ruco’s acting is lacking compared to him or Wayne. So ruco may very well win astro sort of to appease his fans if you want to put it that way.

Login or Register before you can reply to isay
        • lml1977 replied:

@isay: Yeah…so proud of Ruco and so proud to be his fan. I actually couldn’t believe he won the Best Actor back-to-back at the Starhub Awards. I was in tears when I heard he won again. No actor has won Best Actor 2 years in a row. I wonder if he’ll win it a 3rd time next year with his new drama “A Fist Within Four Walls”. Hopefully this new drama will be aired sometime in late Sep/early Oct before the Starhub awards so that he can nominated and also as a TVB anniversary drama (like COD).

Login or Register before you can reply to lml1977
        • lam86 replied:

@alien the awards in sg and malaysia means nothing. TVB made those awards ceremony there just to promote tvb. Most important is the tvb anniversary awards. Ruco Chan can never get the awards at least for the next decade. His acting is getting better but still not really likeable and not much fans in hong kong. Wayne lai, anthony acting far more superior in under the veil. Sometimes acting is not everything though.

Login or Register before you can reply to lam86
        • rickypang23 replied:

@lam86

I dont agree that the Starhub and Astro awards mean nothing. The Starhub awards is an award decided by fan votes and is a sign of true recognition from the fans. The fact that Ruco is the only artist to win this back to back is a true testament to his acting ability and his relationship with the fans.

If anything, the present TVB awards are meaningless as the fans have no real say on it and it is mainly about backstage politics.

Ruco has by far given the best acting performance of the year. I found Wayne Lai’s acting in LOS over the top and Anthony Wong has not been as excellent as i hoped he would be.

Login or Register before you can reply to rickypang23
        • isay replied:

@lam86 Every award means something. Of cos some awards carry “more weight” than others. TVB awards are getting more and more meaningless ironically as the awards are not always given to those who truly deserve them but rather, they are often dished out by TVB in exchange for certain favours. Looking at the prelim results of Astro, we can see that Wayne and Anthony are behind Ruco in terms of popularity, at least in Malaysia. Outside of HK, not many people think that highly of Wayne or Anthony. In fact, looking at Astro and Starhub results of the past few years, I don’t think Wayne is very popular in Malaysia or Singapore unlike Ruco.

Login or Register before you can reply to isay
        • alien replied:

@isay @rickypang23 from what I observe, those who attend the award will get the awards.Through, occasionally there will of cause be some exceptional cases… But most of the time,the ones who attended the award ceremony would not go back empty handed. So the winners, will also hugely be based on who is attending. Maybe you are right that Ruco might get the award again, what you said made sense too.

Login or Register before you can reply to alien
        • lml1977 replied:

@alien: of course, the Starhub and Astro awards mean something. These are important overseas markets for TVB to sell their dramas and artists. South East Asia are revenue-generating markets for TVB as their viewership in HK has dipped tremendously over the years. Of course, technology has changed the way viewers watch TV nowadays. Viewers need not sit in front of the telly to watch the drama but can always catch it online later. I read from some forums that many Malaysians susbscribe to Astro to watch Ruco’s dramas. So Ruco winning Starhub’s Best Actor back-to-back does mean something…he is extremely popular in Singapore and no actor was crowned Best Actor 2 years in a row!!! I do feel that Ruco truly deserve winning the Astro Best Actor this year for his portrayal of the 11th Prince in COD!!! He was perfect in this COD. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to lml1977
        • freedalas replied:

@isay I agree. Wayne Lai has not gone any further with his acting since Rosy Business. His popularity has waned quite a lot in HK. Anthony is a different kettle of fish. His acting is beyond anyone in TVB. But having said that, it is not at all fair if TVB award him Best Actor because he has loads and loads of experience with the big screen, and acting on TV is nothing to him. In fact, his acting in LOS is nothing extraordinary for someone who can be considered a superstar. Ruco on the other hand has no such experience but is doing so well in past TVB dramas as compared to anyone else. It will be gross injustice if he doesn’t win.

Login or Register before you can reply to freedalas
        • lml1977 replied:

@freedalas: agree with you re Wayne having stagnated after Chai Gow in Rosy Business. There was no breakthrough his acting after that. In fact, alot of HK netizens feel that his TV King win for The Confidante was so forced upon by TVB mgmt. Most feel that his acting in The Confidante wasn’t worthy of TV King. If Ruco is not crowned TV King & Most Popular for his role as 11th prince, it is indeed a great injustice!! This will make me support Ruco even more!

Login or Register before you can reply to lml1977
        • lam86 replied:

@isay @rickypang23 Nope, should be Astro and starhub awards does not weigh much. TVB just made the awards there to promote tvb drama and thats it. It wont increase the winners market value in reality because those actors mainly working in hong kong/china. Only if you win TVB anniversary award then you really proud and increase your market value. Dont compare malaysia voters with the voters in hongkong. Malaysia or even singapore voters just vote for the sake of voting. There are not professional. Ruco so far achieve nothing in the hong kong or china market. He only do well in the tvb drama and thats it. So what if ruco is popular in malaysia or singapore? Any producers or directors offering him to act there or he can earn significantly there? NOPE! And so far Anthony acting is superb compare with ruco. And problem with ruco is he still dun have that likable look compare with kevin cheng, raymond, or roger kwok. As he gets older, he looks better. During his younger age, his looks even more hated to be looked at. Dont get offended,i am just speaking the fact and truth.

Cheers..

My Favorite TVB Actor in a Supporting Role
      Mat Yeung

My Favorite TVB Actress in a Supporting Role
      Mandy Wong — Madam Cutie On Duty

Login or Register before you can reply to sojin000
      • elayne replied:

@sojin000 This is my prediction too, except Louis Cheung may creep in for Supporting Actor.

Login or Register before you can reply to elayne
    7. sojin000 says:

Ruco has alot of fans in Malaysia.
      We are working hard to support Ruco!
      BY THE WAY! Ruco for sure the WINNER!

Login or Register before you can reply to sojin000
    8. rozrokz says:

I am a Ruco fan and recently he has been quite active on IG which is great. Than I was wondering who he will follow on IG, there were the usual stars but what strike me was a name Raachel 928. The profile photo is the back of a girl with a beach view background looking like New Zealand. There is only one follower of this profile and it is private. Which brings me to the gossip linking Linda Chung and ruco. She was Rachel in brothers keeper and her birthday is on a 9th. Cos she has an official IG acc but he never followed her but they are suppose to be good friends. Anyway, I ship them if it real and hope ruco wins lots of awards.

Login or Register before you can reply to rozrokz
      • lml1977 replied:

@rozrokz: So you suspect this Raachel 928 whom Ruco is following on IG is Linda Chung? I do hope they are dating. Linda seems like a nice girl and of course I will be envious of her for dating Ruco. I am obssesed with Ruco. LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to lml1977
        • rozrokz replied:

@lml1977 yup, I think during the filming in New Zealand something develop but since ruco is just becoming more popular and getting more opportunity they might want to stop gossip. Try zooming in on that IG profile look a lot like Linda from the back and only ruco is the follower. Very suspicious right

Login or Register before you can reply to rozrokz
    9. Support Ruco Chan all the way!

Login or Register before you can reply to yummysukiyaki