Stephanie Ho’s Popularity Increases After “Raising the Bar”

By on February 5, 2015 in TV Dramas

Twenty-two-year-old Stephanie Ho (何雁詩) is gaining wider recognition after her role in TVB legal drama Raising the Bar <四個女仔三個BAR>.

Entering the entertainment industry through her participation in the first season of TVB singing competition The Voice <超級巨聲>, Stephanie’s musical career has not taken off, but her popularity has been on the rise after shifting her focus to acting.

Raising the Bar <四個女仔三個BAR> features Grace Chan (陳凱琳), Jeannie Chan (陳瀅), Moon Lau (劉佩玥) and Stephanie as good friends and trainee lawyers who work in two law firms led by Ben Wong (黃智賢), Ram Chiang (蔣志光), and Elaine Yiu (姚子羚).

Although Stephanie is the only one out of the four women who did not come from a beauty pageant nor modelling background, her bubbly and chirpy personality greatly appeals to viewers. Stephanie’s role in Golden Chopsticks <食為奴> showcased her cute looks, but television forums have been buzzing with activity since Raising the Bar aired.

Many netizens even found Stephanie to be the prettiest among the young actresses in Raising the Bar. There were also other netizens who brought up Stephanie’s past as a competitive golf player, admiring her for being multi-talented. Stephanie had, in fact, represented Hong Kong at the 2010 Asia Games in golf and was ranked 26th out of the 30 shortlisted competitors!

Source: On.cc

This article is written by Jingles for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Stephanie Ho’s Popularity Increases After “Raising the Bar”

• 5 Cliques in the HK Entertainment Industry That You May Have Heard About(15)
  • Grace Chan Doesn’t Want to Be Typecast as Intelligent Beauty(43)
  • “Raising the Bar” Alternate Ending Leaked, TVB Practicing Self-Censorship?(19)
  • The Four Girls of “Raising the Bar” Become Netizen Favorites(67)
  • “Raising the Bar” Aims to Introduce New Stars(69)
  • Grace Chan Leads a New Generation in “Raising the Bar”(60)
  • Stephanie Ho Talks About Extreme Dieting: "I Want to Smack Myself"(4)
  • Grace Chan Holds Baby Shower(2)
  • Stephanie Ho is Seeing Another Man Behind Fred Cheng's Back?(0)
  • Stephanie Ho Sacrifices Music Career for Fred Cheng(11)

• 40 comments to Stephanie Ho’s Popularity Increases After “Raising the Bar”

1. Hannah says:

These newbies are getting younger by days! She’s ok, but easier on the eyes than Grace (her features are sharp!).

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
      • chan replied:

she is ok but not tall enough to become first lead she is only 5.2 feet tall.

Login or Register before you can reply to chan
        • KingMa replied:

does height of a person really matter?

Login or Register before you can reply to KingMa
        • Clementine replied:

As an audience , I don’t care whatsoever about her height, her performance alone is enough to main praises from me compared to the rest of the other young cast members. I really enjoy watching her in this series, however jeannie on the other hand… She has the same facial expression in most scenes, she’s very wooden to me and unnatural at times. Moon comes off as natural but plain and wooden too but it’s he first drama so I didn’t expect too much. Grace is just Grace, she doesn’t stand out to me just yet, she’s suppose to be one of the lead, but she doesn’t give me that vibe at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
        • chan replied:

@kingma of course not its just a siily joke of me,look at wong cho lam he is even shorter and uglier and can be first lead. what really matter is if you really are such a talent that even uglieness and shortness cant hold you back from being a first lead.

Login or Register before you can reply to chan
        • Hannah replied:

Athena Chu, Noel Leung, etc. were on the shorter side, but then they had talent. I think height doesn’t matter that much in comparison to looks. Even better with talent.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
        • Abcisme replied:

SIZE doesn’t always matter. It is about what they can do.

Login or Register before you can reply to Abcisme
        • Far East Movement replied:

In the entertainment industry, it is predominately about looks, so yes, height of a person does matter.

Login or Register before you can reply to Far East Movement
      • MW replied:

“Grace is just Grace, she doesn’t stand out to me just yet, she’s suppose to be one of the lead, but she doesn’t give me that vibe at all.”

Totally agree!!

TVB is heavily promoting Grace Chan/陳凱琳. Why? Because they gave her a contract and the product ain’t selling itself. It’s all hype.

So now, TVB must use Stephanie Ho/何雁詩 to promote the drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
        • Funn Lim replied:

I disagree absolutely. I am thoroughly impressed with Grace in episode 10 (I think, the latest) where her every gesture is so natural and so seamless, doesn’t feel like a newbie. She handled certain scenes with grace and to me she is one of TVB’s best newcomer in years. I hope she keeps improving and the momentum and be as natural as she is in her performance. For those who feels she is hype, I feel perhaps pls rewatch the series. I am very excited about TVB again because for once a newcomer Miss HK who is a natural in front of the TV. Absolutely mesmerising. As for Stephanie, yes she is cute, she is good but that’s the difference. Nothing indepth right now.

2. Mulder99 says:

I’m a fan of Stephanie… She is pretty and talented.
      Just a tad short though so leading roles might be limited.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mulder99
      • HeTieShou replied:

Thank goodness I am not an actress then because I am even shorter than her. I never knew an actrsesses height mattered,but maybe it does nowadays?

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • jennifer replied:

As for me I think height isn’t the problem, because ppular korean actress Song Hye Kyo is also 5’2. Her problem is that she still has a baby face. As for her acting though, I think it’s very natural. Won’t be surprised if she makes it big and hopefully she will!

Login or Register before you can reply to jennifer
        • Kathy replied:

Isn’t Athena Chu, Jolin Tsai, Ariel Lin, 5’2 as well? There are plenty short actresses out there.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kathy
      • sandcherry replied:

Personally I think a good actress for 1st lead roles needs to be at least 5’3″. Lots of girls are over 5’5″ now. Look at those tall ones, such as Myolie Wu, Linda Chung, Leanne Li, etc. Anyone under 5’2″ is considered a bit short to take 1st lead roles, at least in TVB.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
        • Funn Lim replied:

I don’t height should have any bearing whether that person should be lead or not unless role requires a tall or short girl.

• sandcherry replied:

It works on shortie too if she has super good acting, but the chances are not as good.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    3. Daisy says:

Out for the 4 I do like Stephanie the best! She’s so cute & her acting is easy to watch. My least favourite would be Moon Lau her acting is plain & looks wise she’s okay so I’m a bit surprised TVB is choosing to promote her.. But I don’t mind watching her in future dramas!

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
    4. Allie says:

prettiest out of the 4? really?

Login or Register before you can reply to Allie
      • EVOFAn replied:

YES! REALLY! She look the most natural without makeup and when she does put makeup, she look HAWT especially in the voice 4.

Login or Register before you can reply to EVOFAn
    5. Gracekalai says:

Idk my most favorite but my least favorite is Jeanie chan I think she always act like she’s all that. And she’s ugly it’s just annoys me. She’s another wanna be Eliza Sam Trying to act cute and try to make it look like they can act

Login or Register before you can reply to Gracekalai
      • vel replied:

it’s true, Jeanie seems a little stuck up but we can’t judge someone based on one tv drama

Login or Register before you can reply to vel
        • sandcherry replied:

This is not Jeanie’s first TV drama series. She was acting Flora Chan’s young aged character in “Never Dance Alone”.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    6. coralie says:

Her only competition should really be just Grace. Jeannie has an unfortunate b.itch face that makes it very hard to sympathize her and plus her role is not as likeable. Moon is too plain to promote. So that leaves Grace. But I do quite like Stephanie in here – low maintenance, stupidly smart, easy to blend with others and happy/cute all the time.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
    7. Heather says:

I’m really enjoying the drama so far.

Stephanie – She’s fun to watch and her relationship with her mentor (Duncan) is hilarious. She’s cute and she definitely has talent.
      Grace – Her acting is similar to her acting in Overachievers, but she is still so much better than Rebecca Zhu, Oceane Zhu, and Christine Kuo.
      Jeannie – I think she’s the prettiest of the four of them. She definitely has the least likable character however she is able to convince me as a spoiled brat. I would love to see Jeannie in a role of a kind character.
      Moon – I dislike Moon and her character the most. Her acting is the worst of them all and her looks are…plain. I don’t see her lasting long in the acting industry unless she improves in either department, unless she’s Toby Leung who has the connections.

Login or Register before you can reply to Heather
      • Funn Lim replied:

So far I like all of them with grace being mu guilty pleasure. She is an absolute joy to watch. Very natural. Stephanie is cute but cute doesn’t make her a wonderful great or good actress. She is competent. Moon is the gentle girl? I like her. I think she fits her role. I am annoyed with Louise bas skin. He needs treatment pronto.

8. Wow!!! I really love Stephanie’s character in ‘raising the bar’!!!! Keep up the good work Steph!!!!!;)

Login or Register before you can reply to Fredcheng_lover
    9. Melody says:

I like Stephanie, her comedy timings are on point. The girl for sure has a bright future at TVB.

Login or Register before you can reply to Melody
    10. Creamysausage says:

She is so fake can’t stand her trying to act cute all the time. Annoying as hell to watch her, don’t even know why she got the chance to act in a drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to Creamysausage
    11. lawls says:

I also like Stephanie alot, she is definately only one of the few who is refreshung to watch. she is a natural and pretty darn good in acting considering she is only a newbie. She an do well,hope she suceed!

Login or Register before you can reply to lawls
    12. nimrod69 says:

infact she did very well in GLided Chopstick, left a deep impression.

Certainly, one for the future!

Login or Register before you can reply to nimrod69
    13. Abc says:

I laughed so hard about the poker face scene. One of the best moments in this drama!

Login or Register before you can reply to Abc
    14. Hannahh says:

i really like her since that Glidedchopstick with wong cho lam. Glad to hear she getting more popular!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    15. anneyen says:

i also like Stephanie Ho the most among the four main actress (or most probably i think i only like to watch her and none of the other three) … the theme song that she sang also sounds very nice, bubbly and high spirited … love to watch more of her scenes … she is really attractive and outstanding.

Login or Register before you can reply to anneyen
    16. jj says:

I think she has potential. She can be better. I like her character. She’s bubbly, cute, and naive with a heart of gold. I do like how Steph is portraying her. However, she does get OTT sometimes. IDK this character requires too much to portray. It’s pretty similar to the one in Glided Chopsticks. At least she doesn’t shout and scream as much as this one. Add oil!

Login or Register before you can reply to jj
    17. ann says:

i think grace did a great job , even though she has only been in the industry for less than 3 years . her performance has been improving. remember when chermaine sheh fisrt debut people also make bad remarks about her. Look where she is standing now. Everything takes time. TVB is now budding new talents to replace the older generation ones. So lets just support as there are many with talents .

Login or Register before you can reply to ann
    18. Ken Wu says:

Yeah, so far the drama is pretty good, jush wish grace n louis have more screen time, something about grace, she just good to look at.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ken Wu
    19. bubbles says:

I think Jeannie is pretty but unfortunately stuck with the btch role. Moon Lau is forgettable. Grace isn’t that great imo. So, yes, Stephanie Ho is the best atm.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbles
    20. Cin1182 says:

Stephanie was cute and all, but her acting is not there yet. Still have alot of room for improvement and so are the other girls.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cin1182
    21. sandcherry says:

I also think Stephanie Ng is pretty, but is too short. However, she seems to have acting talents! She did well in “Gilded Chopsticks”. It is usually harder to act in ancient drama series than in modern ones. I give her lots of credits in her debut.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry