The Lawyers of “Awfully Lawful” Work Hard and Play Hard

By on June 11, 2013 in TV Dramas

Next week, Lam Chi Wah’s (林志華) comedy legal drama Awfully Lawful <熟男有惑> will air on TVB Jade. The series stars Roger Kwok (郭晉安), Johnson Lee (李思捷), Pal Sinn (單立文), and Raymond Cho (曹永廉) as four successful middle-aged men with four very different personalities who finds themselves having to choose between a privileged life of singlehood and a life of settlement. The four best friends live by the slogan, “work hard, play hard.”

Lawyer #1: Solo

Portrayed by Roger Kwok, Solo is a self-centered, stubborn, and beguiling lawyer who tends to cross extreme boundaries to win a court case. He denounces any type of networking benefits and prefers to work alone. Whenever a girlfriend mentions having a possible future with him, Solo panics and breaks up with her.

The independent Solo, however, has his unshaken beliefs questioned when he meets law intern Kate (Sharon Chan 陳敏之), a single mother. Solo is in love, but he is not sure if he is ready to start a family.

Lawyer #2: Fish

Portrayed by Johnson Lee, Fish is a sickly village boy who snags a rich wife Elsa (Selena Li 李詩韻). Fish has an impressive talent with languages and is able to communicate with people from all corners of the culturally vibrant Hong Kong. Fish wants to be a father, and tries to come up with excuses to get Elsa to bed. Although Elsa cherishes her husband, she fears that her husband would commit infidelity.

Lawyer #3: Jazz

Portrayed by Pal Sinn, Jazz is a competent solicitor, but truly wishes for a career in entertainment. He has a specialty at winning in lawsuits that deal with divorce or other litigation involving relationships. He is attracted to the sexy Yau Mat (Grace Wong 王君馨), but the physically compatible couple have quite different personalities.

Lawyer #4: Ming Sir

The boss of Shing Lam Law Firms, Ming Sir is portrayed by Raymond Cho. Unlike his three best friends, Ming Sir has a family supported by his loving wife Koo Ka Ting (Joyce Tang 滕麗名) and a young son. Ming Sir is honest, caring, and is devoted to his family. He is gifted with the talent of photographic memory and has a knack at winning in lawsuits dealing with business concerns and operations.

The mature Ming Sir is the base and voice of the group, but when he suddenly goes missing, the core that brings the best friends together also disappears.

Produced at 20 episodes, Awfully Lawful is set to premiere on June 17.

Source: TVB Zone #833 via ihktv.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

25 comments to The Lawyers of “Awfully Lawful” Work Hard and Play Hard

1. Daisy says:

The Johnson and Selena roles sounds just like A Gentlemans Dignity with Jong Hyuk and Jung Nan…

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
    • Hannahh replied:

totally agreed

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  2. 939393 says:

Sound pretty interesting. Looking forward to it.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
  3. sorrow says:

sounds interesting, only 20 episodes

Login or Register before you can reply to sorrow
  4. joojaibao says:

cant wait to watch this I like Roger Kwok and Selena Li but as for Sharon Chan eeessshhh ehhhh not so likey =P

Login or Register before you can reply to joojaibao
    • sophia replied:

haha i am the opposite. I like sharon chan more 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
    • Victoria replied:

Haha I love all of the main cast in the following order too: Roger, Sharon, Selena, and Johnson.

Login or Register before you can reply to Victoria
      • sophia replied:

I feel like Johnson can’t act. I might be wrong. Also I am not a big fan of Moses Chan he is pretty wooden as well but I guess he got promoted big. Yeah I like Roger, good actor.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
      • lol replied:

agree roger a good actor but tvb doesnt promote him these day and he doesnt seem veey popular no more as well

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • llwy12 replied:

I love Roger and will probably tune in to watch this because of him (and Raymond Cho, whom I also adore…lol), but honestly, another comedy?? I miss seeing Roger in a serious, dramatic role…

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
  5. Kelly says:

Interesting roles, can’t wait to watch it

Login or Register before you can reply to Kelly
  6. Primrose says:

Raymond Cho is going to disappear?!? Damn, he is the only reason I want to watch this.

Login or Register before you can reply to Primrose
  7. Conscience says:

looking forward too..

Login or Register before you can reply to Conscience
  8. ha ha idiot says:

stupid movie act by 2 idiots male actor. i not going to watch or even look at johnson that Koung Chou lou’s face,

Login or Register before you can reply to ha ha idiot
    • brucelee decendent replied:

i agreed. hate that koung chou lou johnson.

Login or Register before you can reply to brucelee decendent
      • sophia replied:

haha I dont hate Johnson but unfortunately he cant act : (

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
  9. Magic says:

Looking forward to Selena! The cast seems pretty fresh as well even though I don’t really like Johnson.

Login or Register before you can reply to Magic
  10. Pi says:

I give it 25 points.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pi
  11. zann says:

Looking forward to raymond cho!

Login or Register before you can reply to zann
  12. Kidd says:

The plot sounds interesting. Will watch it. Long time have not seen Pal Sinn in a TV series. I quite like him.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd

I will watch but I wonder will it have…

1. pub scenes
    2. red wine scenes
    3. some english thrown in scenes
    4. some unrealistic court room scenes
    5. big expensive looking condo scenes where in HK no lawyers are ever ever ever poor, not even those working pro bono
    6. expensive looking cars but not sport cars
    7. the “I am better than you because I am a lawyer” sort of angle, even if unintentional

My bet is, at least 6 out of 7 above.

14. sky says:

any rape in this series? lol…since TVB loves to film those kind of genre.

Login or Register before you can reply to sky
    • ha ha idiot replied:

i love rape scenes. i thinks tvb learn from japan av.

Login or Register before you can reply to ha ha idiot
  15. rOgEr KwOk says:

How are the ratings for the first episode anyway? Is it good???? 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to rOgEr KwOk
  16. Evie says:

I got to say, Roger looks fine in the flashback scenes from the beginning episodes! Love his hair brushed all back.

Login or Register before you can reply to Evie