Yu Zheng’s “Palace 3” to Premiere in April

By on March 22, 2014 in TV Dramas

Yu Zheng (于正) is back in the game with a new installment of his popular idol series Palace, also known as Gong. The Qing Dynasty series’ first installment, the time-traveling romantic comedy Palace: The Locked Heart Jade <宫锁心玉>, was the series that shot both Yang Mi (杨幂) and Feng Shaofeng (冯绍峰) to superstardom back in 2011. The second series, Palace: The Locked Beaded Curtain <宫锁珠帘>, or Palace 2, affirmed Du Chun (杜淳) and Mickey He (何晟铭) as popular actors in Chinese television, and also introduced Yuan Shanshan (袁姗姗) as a rising new star.

In hopes to promote her as the next Yang Mi, Yuan Shanshan returns to star in Palace 3, known as Palace: The Lost Daughter <宫锁连城>. She portrays Song Liancheng, a seemingly ordinary city girl who by chance meets Fuchai Hengtai (Lu Yi 陆毅), the son of a noble. They fall in love, but their fates become divided when it is discovered that Hengtai was adopted, and that Liancheng was actually the true offspring of Fuchai.

It is reported that Palace 3 is set to air sometime in mid-April 2014 on the primetime slot for Hunan TV. Promoted as one of the biggest costume productions of 2014, the series also has elements of fantasy. Recently, new stills of Palace 3 were published online, showing a nude Yuan Shanshan submerged in a clear tub. For the scene, Yuan Shanshan wore a nude-colored leotard and spent several hours in the tub. The producer revealed that the scene depicted in the stills is a turning point for the series.

Palace 3 also stars Gao Yunxiang (高云翔), Shirley Dai (戴娇倩), Yang Rong(杨蓉), and Wang Lin (王琳).

Palace 3 a  Palace 3 c  Palace 3 b

Source: QQ.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

21 comments to Yu Zheng’s “Palace 3” to Premiere in April

1. Bubblez says:

I am also interested in this drama. I really love the first two Palace productions 🙂

I havent watched his remakes because of the negativity.

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
  2. holidayNo.1 says:

me too as well i really like all of the palace
    and i really wanted to see if this drama is
    good or not????

Login or Register before you can reply to holidayNo.1
  3. holidayNo.1 says:

those three photos makes want to
    watch it but what is yu zheng doing
    is she praying to god or what??????
    it looks like she is praying to god!!!!!!!!:)

Login or Register before you can reply to holidayNo.1
  4. L0v3Legend says:

Damnit, Yuzheng musta love Yuan ShanShan so much that she must be in every of his production. There r many more better actress than her. I feel like she doesnt shine at all eventhough shes been in some popular drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to L0v3Legend
  5. JKS eel says:

Contrary to most fans in here, I think YSS is a good actress. Her eyes are real pretty. Can’t wait to see this drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to JKS eel
    • Bubblez replied:

I also like her acting and I agree that her eyes are pretty!

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
  6. Puff says:

Gong 1 was not bad, but 2 was boring. I just watched about 10 episodes of Gong 2 and gave up.

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
    • Funn Lim replied:

Gong 1 was urghhhh. Gong 2 was urghhhh urghhhhh. Gong 3 will be urghhhh urghhhhhh urghhhh. I really don’t like Yuan Shan Shan.

• Minmin00 replied:

Actually I prefer watching gong 1 to bbjx
        But I didn’t watch gong 2

Login or Register before you can reply to Minmin00
      • Little fishy replied:

I love gong 1 🙂 but… Did not bother with gong 2. Don’t like yss anyway, or any of the cast to be bothered with it (watched first episode then gave up lol) not going to care about gong 3 lol! But this time, it is more because I don’t like YZ >_> (sue me if the icon is different lol, obviously my normal iPad is busy ;p)

Login or Register before you can reply to Little fishy
      • Puff replied:

Funn, why gong 1 was urghhh? It’s definitely not great, but not that bad to get an urghhh? Maybe I’m kinder since I watched it a while ago and I was bored because I just moved to a new country and was in need of distraction when I watched that.

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
      • terisa replied:

because funn is picky, judgamental and it doesnt have any artistes she really likes. ehnce downgrades it!

Login or Register before you can reply to terisa
      • Funn Lim replied:

Puff, long story short, I hated it with all my heart and soul and gut. And then came Gong II and I hated that even more. The reason is because that series is the reason why China banned time traveling story and why BBJX is far more superior and why I detest Yu Zheng with the very core of my soul. I hated the story, I hated the actors, I hated the costumes, I hated the producer, I hated the ending and then for Gong 2, the hate times 3. Gong is rubbish, gong 2 is rubbisher. I don’t care you call me picky, prejudice, bias. Gong is the very reason I hate Yu Zheng, and Gong 2 is the very reason why I hate him more and Swordsman is the very reason I hate him most. But Scheme of a Beauty is the reason why I have not vowed to kill him.

• Domonica replied:

Read this be4 saying that it was his fault:

Login or Register before you can reply to Domonica
      • Funn Lim replied:

Gong is still rubbish.

• knobby replied:

your rubbish

Login or Register before you can reply to knobby
      • Funn Lim replied:

Since I don’t want it, yes my rubbish. But rubbish nonetheless.

• Puff replied:

Funn, agree that BBJX is more superior than gong. Swordsman and gong2 are bad, but won’t say gong 1 is rubbish. Scheme of a beauty was good, albeit at times a bit draggy.

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
      • Chloe replied:

bbjx = objective view of the feuds, 4th prince and cecilia
        gong= leaned towards 8th prince and yang mi
        gong2- 4th prince and yss
        gc= leaned towards 4th prince and his unwavering love 4 joey

Login or Register before you can reply to Chloe
  7. Hannahh says:

I liked the 1st installment. havent seen the second one.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  8. tersa says:

someone ban him from producing dramas

Login or Register before you can reply to tersa