JayneStars.com logo

Denise Ho Refuses to Clarify Joey Yung’s Bisexuality Speculations

By on November 13, 2012

Denise Ho Refuses to Clarify Joey Yung’s Bisexuality Speculations thumbnail

Since declaring herself to be a lesbian at a gay pride parade, Denise Ho (何韻詩), has opened up a floodgate of questions over the sexual orientation of rumored past flame, Joey Yung (容祖兒).

Denise’s 5-year romantic relationship with Joey reportedly ended earlier this year. After Joey fell in love with Wilfred Lau (劉浩龍), Denise felt betrayed by her friends’ actions and immediately discontinued following Wilfred in social networks. Complicating the love triangle further, Wilfred was rumored to have pursued Denise years ago.

Although Denise’s disclosure of her sexual orientation was supported by fans and her friends in the industry, the public’s curiosity immediately turned towards Joey. In a radio interview, Denise was asked directly whether Joey is bisexual. “It’s very hard to respond. I am unable to respond.” She also refused to clarify the women she had dated.

Denise revealed that she already was certain of her own sexual orientation before entering the entertainment industry. However, she was romantically linked with Wilfred early in her career. Asked whether Wilfred had pursued her years ago, Denise replied, “Let’s not talk about the past and look towards the future instead.” She admitted that both men and women were interested in her.

Joey Yung and Wilfred Lau reportedly vacationed in South Korea earlier and are expected to return to Hong Kong soon.

Sources: On.cc, On.cc

Tags: , ,

• Joey Yung Pays for Wilfred Lau's Travel Expenses(27)
  • Top Ten Hong Kong Entertainment News of 2012(13)
  • Denise Ho: "I Dated a Boy, But Didn't Like It!"(52)
  • Wilfred Lau Responds on Joey Yung and Denise Ho's Controversy(29)
  • Wilfred Lau Miserable on His Birthday Without Joey Yung(14)
  • Denise Ho Refuses to Forgive Joey Yung and Wilfred Lau’s “Betrayal” (24)
  • Albert Yeung: “Wilfred Lau Is So Stupid!”(9)
  • The Reasons Behind Joey Yung and Denise Ho’s Break Up(31)
  • Denise Ho Has New Girlfriend? Denise Criticized in Acting as Love Victim(36)
  • Joey Yung: "Denise Ho Is A Forever Friend!"(18)

• Readers' Comments (70)

1. sorrow says:

people just love to focus on their relationship more than their career

• Julia says:

yah i agree. what make a good actor is how he/she performs on screen not how and who they’re dating.

• dd says:

You are on the wrong site if you feel strongly about this.

• Chompontvb says:

Hello there? Freedom to surf internet so u cant stop us from feeling strongly and commentin here. Why must we go away just becuz we dont share ur views?

• dd says:

Please highlight to me where I said “don’t go on this site if you don’t like it” or “go away if you don’t like what you see”.

• Chompontvb says:

“You are on the wrong site”- is the evidence. It doesnt take a high lexile score to get ur intended meaning.

• dd says:

Wow you are taking this the wrong way.

Now that I think about this, I remember my girlfriend asking me if she looked good in a blue top she wore in front of me, and I said “it’s OK”, and she replied “OK? What, so you don’t like it?”

PS. “lexile” is not a word, stop trying to use big words to sound smart.

• Chompontvb says:

Hmmm need i inform u that “lexile” is not a word but a literacy test for reading and comprehension ability? Before u try to correct a mistake in my english, please do a quick look up on google. Saves u from embarassment. And fyi, ur example is clearly a false analogy, dont make me explain why

• dd says:

OK hold on, you’re going to use some reading framework localized only to the US hoping that it covers the reading comprehension of everyone who uses this site, even though they might not be from the US?

>false analogy
          What’s a false analogy? Maybe you should explain it to me since you love using widely unknown terms.

2. mei says:

i really like them both, it’s their personal life and no ones business, omg im just waiting for that REIS or IRIS person or whatever you spell it and other dumb ignorant people to comment, like if you dont like gay people! WTF r u reading about their life! I hate ppl.

3. buster says:

Errr… by not clarifying, Denise is already clarifying.

4. pandamao says:

i think she disclosed her sexual orientation a little impulsively b/c of what joey and wilfred did to her :(

5. rei says:

When ppl disagree with you, you’ll call them names as a point sorry insulting is not convincing. It’s a FACT gay and les can’t have baby naturally and one man having sex with another man on the BUTT is not normal…use your common sense. I made my points in previous comments about gays and les. It is loud and clear, it’s a mental disorder…just because you have a few gay friends who are cool doesn’t mean they arent sick. BTW I have not call any of you names…you can disagree make a point but calling names really isn’t classy.

• miriamfanz says:

Is your heterosexual relationship just about sex? If it is, that’s pretty sad for you. Gay/les relationship is not just about sex. It is like a heterosexual relationship, about love, caring for each other, etc.

A question for you: If a gay/les couple does not have sex, then is their relationship okay? What about if a heterosexual couple has anal sex?

Also you talk about not calling people names, but in the last thread you called people who supported homosexuals as BS, not normal and brainwashed. So stop being a hypocrite.

• Nicole says:

So what if gays and lesbians can’t have babies naturally? There are so many abandoned children in the world who needs a family, and these LGBT parents are able to provide them with a family and love.

Instead of focusing on what’s good, you seem to have an obsession with gay sex. In all your posts, you keep focusing on anal penetration. Btw, you keep calling anal sex between males abnormal. Do you even know that it’s common between males in nature? Not only humans, but other species are engaging in homosexual activities. And you call them all abnormal? Well, they aren’t exposed to “brainwashing” like us human beings, yet they are engaging in homosexual behaviours themselves. What does that say about the normality of it?

Frankly, a christian like you who keeps judging other? Stop ignoring your own sins and sticking your nose into someone else’s. If you continue going on with your holier than thou attitude, God will see you at the gates and judge you accordingly. Good luck.

• mei says:

WHY THE FUK R U ON EVERY GAY THEME ARTICLE! how dare you speak like that! like i said! if you don’t like gay people thats your problem! stop enforcing your ignorant views upon those who just want to be happy! why does it matter to you! i hate living in a world with people like you! they are human beings too! you are not better then them! what is normal! anyways! ill go to hell if i have to! i dont care! i support equal rights for anyone! I love my gays! and if heaven don’t allow them in! i dont want to be there anyways then! who cares if they cant have babies the effing worlds over populated! and yes they can! its called a surrogate! and theres nothing you can do to stop them! HA!

• Iris says:

Mei, your response to calling me or Rei “dumb ignorant people” is very unkind. I have never called any gay/lesbian person any bad names even though my views differ from them. I do not agree fully with Rei, with Denise, nor with you…but I respect all of you still. I hope you can respect the rest of us as well.

Why do I read these articles? Because I am interested in the lives of good performers. I am not here to insult anyone…and I hope that you are not as well. If, as you believe, we should not impose our views on other people…then please don’t attack those who don’t agree with your views either. I have never attacked you.

• Nicole says:

It’s quite unfair to lump Iris together with rei.
          Rei is the one calling gays and lesbians a “mental illness”, “disgusting”.

• Iris says:

@Nicole: Thanks. I do appreciate a fair reader when I meet one =) And btw, I do agree there are way too many unloved/abandoned children in this world…and all of us who could really help should be able to =)

• dd says:

rei has a valid point but she’s going about it in a totally wrong way.

The pairing of same sex couples is a violation of nature: Fact. Same sex couples know this to be true.

• miriamfanz says:

Define “violation of nature”. Almost everything humans do is a violation of nature. For example, mother nature didn’t create technology, yet humans still embrace it. Violation of nature does not mean unacceptable.

• Kidd says:

Homosexual behavior also exist in animal kingdom and animals in the wild do everything by instinct. So, what is nature and what is natural?

Lastly, do you consider statutory rape a violation of nature? Do you consider delaying the age of marriage a violation of nature? Most girls reach puberty in mid teens. So, they can reproduce by at 13-15 and some even earlier. So, making these girls delay their reproduction function is a violation of nature too.

• Kidd says:

@ miriamfanz

Large scale agricultural -> Purposely plant certain plants beneficial human in large scale on a land instead of letting the plant native to the land grow by itself -> violation of nature

Cutting down trees to building houses and building -> disrupting the balance of ecology (causing greenhouse effect, extinction of animals) -> violation of nature

Industrial revolution -> polluting the atmosphere (causing acid rain and ozone depletion) -> violation of nature

Staying single and celibate after reaching puberty -> you are supposed to reproduced. Stop shirking your natural duty! -> violation of nature.

:P :P

• dd says:

>But, it’s their nature. They are born this way. By ‘correcting’ them and forcing them to live according to society’s standard of what is natural, isn’t it violating their nature?

Saying people were “born gay” has no substantiatable proof.

>Define “violation of nature”. Almost everything humans do is a violation of nature.
          Haha, no.

• Funn Lim says:

It may be violation of nature for some but frankly are they hurting anyone? Don’t worry, the gays won’t hit on you. You are safe. You’re not their type.

As for same sex couple can’t reproduce, I think non child bearing couples who can’t reproduce could with modern technology.

• dd says:

Furthermore, the “humans are an anomaly by default” argument is redundant.

By this argument, you are saying “humans should be able to do whatever they want to do because we are unnatural and imperfect anyways”.

• Kidd says:

“Let’s not go crazy here. Homosexuality is caused by a combination of genetic composition of your brain AND external stimuli (eg. media, gay friends/influences, etc.)”

Genetic composition of your brain <- isn't that nature?

Saying people were “born gay” has no substantiatable proof.”

Is there concrete substantiated proof that they are not born gay?

• Kidd says:

“If this is the case, both of you should come over to my house naked and drunk so I can do what Justin Lee did. “

No, I won’t come over to your place naked and drunk because I’m not attracted to you.

” It’s only fair right? We’re excused from being wrong.”

Females of some tribe can bare their chest . Some society practice polygyny and polyandry. Are you going to say they are wrong and it’s an excuse?

• Chompontvb says:

^kidd u are the one who reasons most logically here! :) and yes i totally agree with kidd that just because there is insufficient evidence to prove something DOES NOT mean that the theory is rejected. And we dont even know for sure what is intended as natural ( ie. technology and large scale growing of crops are they considered as natural)? Since there is no clear criterion for what is natural, we are unable to claim for sure if being gay is natural or not

• Nicole says:

“If this is the case, both of you should come over to my house naked and drunk so I can do what Justin Lee did. It’s only fair right? We’re excused from being wrong.”
          dd
          you are welcomed to fornicate in lust with any consenting women of your choice. It’s none of our business. Likewise, the world would appreciate if you will extend the same respect and privacy to gays and lesbians. Justin Lee’s partners obviously weren’t willing parties.

• Funn Lim says:

It is a matter of nature and a matter of choice. In search for love and attraction, maybe gender is not an obstacle.

• dd says:

>Well, try explain to those who are born in the 50s and 60s who grow up in an environment where being gay is a taboo/weird/wrong/bad/a sin/disgusting, why they are still only attracted to their member of the same sex. External influence should make them abhor homosexuality.

That’s easy. The stimulus doesn’t have to be an explicit source such as a pic of guy kissing a guy. It may just come from something more general like a mother’s influence. For example, many parents find out their children might be gay by catching them wearing their mother’s clothing. Or maybe, a particular girl’s circle is comprised mainly of guys, and as she grows up with guys doing guy-stuff, she might have a tendency to share the same interests as other guys.

>Genetic composition of your brain <- isn't that nature?
          I'm saying that yes, chemical reactions in our brain do control how we think, but what you're doing is "A is B, therefore C" type of syllogism.

• dd says:

to the ladies who rejected my invitation: why not? Are you saying it’s *wrong*?

• Kidd says:

“For example, many parents find out their children might be gay by catching them wearing their mother’s clothing”

That’s have transvestite tendency. Gay is attraction to the same sex. Love dressing as the opposite sex in transvestite. Identify himself/herself as the opposite sex is transsexual, not gay.

“Or maybe, a particular girl’s circle is comprised mainly of guys, and as she grows up with guys doing guy-stuff, she might have a tendency to share the same interests as other guys”

surrounded by guys will might make the girl like ‘guy-stuff’ like guns and basketball and tree climbing, but, it won’t make them have sexual attraction towards girls.

Do you really equate your loving women to you liking your hobbies?

I’m not saying that all gays are born that way. But, you also cannot deny that some are born that way. Quite a number of homosexuals said they have perfectly healthy traditional family (with dad and mom around and have siblings of both sexes) and still grow up gay.

You said I make the wrong analogy of A is B, therefore C. But, you are doing the same.

Your concept:

Homosexuality is caused by a combination of genetic composition of your brain AND external stimuli = homosexuality is not natural/they are not born that way.

You completely leave out the genetic composition factor (which you agree is nature) in you conclusion that homosexuality is not natural.

This is what you are doing.

C = A + B
          A = D
          B = E
          Thus, C = E, but, C != D.

• dd says:

No Kidd, I’m saying that this idea isn’t as simple as A = B = C.

Nor should it be.

• miriamfanz says:

@dd:

I don’t understand how your argument of what Justin Lee did (rape) can be equated to homosexuality. In one, it is nonconsensual and harms the other person. In the other, it is a relationship of mutual consent and harms neither person nor society.

• dd says:

But miriamfaz, just like how Kidd and co. are saying it’s human nature to be homosexual, it’s human nature for me to drug people and film them while raping them.

What, why are some people allowed to do something because it’s hard-coded in their brains, while I want to do something that’s hard-coded in my brain but I’m not allowed?

• miriamfanz says:

@dd: In a free society, you’re welcome to anything you want EXCEPT actions that harm other people. Both rape and homosexuality may be “hard-coded” into your brain, but as I said before, rape is nonconsensual and harms others. Homosexuality is consensual and does not harm anyone. Thus, people should have the right to have homosexual relationships, but would not have the right to rape others.

• Kidd says:

“to the ladies who rejected my invitation: why not? Are you saying it’s *wrong*?”

I’ve already given my reason. I’m completely totally not attracted to you. Why would I except your invitation?

” just like how Kidd and co. are saying it’s human nature to be homosexual, it’s human nature for me to drug people and film them while raping them.”

The crucial point here is consensual. A consensual homosexual relationship is both consenting adult of the same sex agree to enter into into a relationship. Drugging, raping and filming people without their awareness or consent is obviously not consensual.

Let me explain this further. If a girl accept your invitation with the full awareness that you like to use drugs and film her and she’s ok with it, then, go have all the fun you want. She can even bring a handcuff if you guys are into SM. But, if you drug and rape a woman while she’s unwilling, then, you are harming her. So, it is wrong.

Let use a gay example. If two gay guys love each other and agree together to have a relationship, be it sexual or not, they should have a right to and it’s not wrong. But, if a gay guy drug, rape and film another guy without his consent, then, it’s wrong.

• TVBFanatic says:

Many thing that humans do or share – like religion for example, is not a part of nature.

• skinnymocha says:

Sooo… humans are baby making machines? Sex is purely for reproduction purposes only? I know some people and religions think that way and only missionary style is accepted, but please stop forcing your opinions on others who think otherwise.

A lot of people use sex for pleasure and to satisfy their fetishes. Some engage in BDSM. Some use contraception. Some do anal and pegging. This can happen amongst any couple, whether they be gay or not. If I -as a heterosexual – choose not to bear any children, but still enjoy my fair share of fun, should I be judged as harshly for failing my duties?

• hcfoo says:

There’s a psycho homophobic on the loose

• Magic says:

You know what else isn’t classy? Calling LGBT people mentally ill.

6. mei says:

I LOVE MY GAYS! AND THERES NOTHING YOU CAN REI! NOTHING!

7. JustMi says:

Peace is not about loving everyone. It’s not about making everyone have the same values and believes as ourselves. Peace is about accepting and respecting that other living beings have a right to live (humans and animals) and believe in what they want. If this can be achieved, then no one will want to hurt each other and then there will be world peace. Sounds so simple….yet so difficult. Peace and love to all :)

Sensible reply since it is not for her to reply on behalf of Joey on Joey’s sexual orientation. And if Joey was supposedly straight then lesbian, now obviously she is straight again. I won’t call her bisexual. I will say there was a phase in her life she was confused. Now she is no longer confused.

• Iris says:

This is the most sensible comment of all those on this article so far. I completely agree that Denise handled the situation well. I do commend her for that.

• miriamfanz says:

If she had not dated Joey, why not just say so? By staying silent, she knows there will be speculation. The only reason would be because she does not want to lie, but also does not want to out Joey.

• Funn Lim says:

I think it is open knowledge they dated. She shouldn’t deny something she knows isn’t the truth nor should she represent someone else and claim to know something. She can out herself but let Joey do it her own way.

• Tri says:

Yes, she does not want to lie. She is a devout Christian, Christians don’t lie and yes she is also a virgin like most of the Christians celebs.

• dd says:

Newsflash: Everybody lies. Even Christians.
          Yes they do.

And the “I’m Christian so I won’t have pre-maritial sex/virgin before marriage” thing many singers and actors do. Also a lie.

• sky says:

lol at Tri’s comment…

• hcfoo says:

So does it means that when you’re in love with the same sex you’re giving an excuse that you’re in a confused stage?

• Lee says:

What about the possibility that she wasn’t confused then and is confused now?

• Funn Lim says:

Not really. I think her phase with a woman (and so far only one woman rumoured) is the confusion stage. Don’t take it personally.Anne Heche is an example.

• Lee says:

Hm…why do you think I am taking it personally? How do you know she only has one same-sex relationship? Only one that is rumored publicly–yes. She also only has two opposite relationships that are know publicly. One versus two, barely enough data for us to determine someone’s state of mind. She could be bisexual and chose to pursue a path of least resistance. Only she knows if she is bisexual, gay, or straight. The rest of us can only speculate. Hence, I agree with Denise that is hard to answer and it is not in her place to reply to such question anyway.

9. trini says:

@TRI. Are you for real. How do you know she is a virgin. Maybe she had sex with males earlier in her life and decide she perfers girls. I am a chinese man ,but no fool. I talked to people in life every day, including gays. The gay women penetrate each other with sex toys. Penetration equals no more virgin. That was silly,foolish comment you made. You must be ver, ver, very young.

10. trini says:

yes dd, look no further than Athena Chu. I like her lots, but what you said is so true.

• chantilly says:

Ohh yeah, that girl. she claims she is a devoted christian n crap yeah sure but she was living w/that dude who is now her baby daddy haha…. some virgin she is.

11. Mick says:

I thought Joey’s all female entourage is already indication of her orientation.

12. chantilly says:

but honestly, Joey Yung has always been an OK singer but horrific actress IMO of course and who cares what she prefers. one of my cousin came to US last year and she says HK ppl actually embraces lesbiansim and gays and proud to be on the trend so to speak.

• Larry 3 says:

The Red Chinese and Hong Kong government is another issue that is still not in this gays/lesbians/ marriage thing. Hell, the government is so stupid to not make more money on it!

13. Linnh says:

Well seems like Denise “it’s very hard to response” made Joey cry.

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• Job Opening

JayneStars.com is now hiring an entertainment news writer.

Work from home in our paid part-time position. CLICK HERE for details on how to apply!

• JayneStars News Subscription