Deric Wan to Become a Father in 2012

By on January 20, 2012 in Baby Scoop, NEWS

Since breaking up with Sonija Kwok (郭羨妮) in 2004, Deric Wan (溫兆倫) focused his career in mainland China, while keeping a low profile in his love life. Eight years after Deric and Sonija broke up, the pair coincidentally will become parents this year! Yesterday, a netizen revealed that Deric entered his third marriage with mainland actress, Zhao Ting (趙庭); the couple will be expecting their baby’s arrival in August!

Last year, there were rumors that Deric and Zhao Ting had gotten married, although Deric denied such allegations and refused to reveal the identity of “Mrs. Wan.” The press were unable to reach Deric for comment regarding his status as an impending father.

Currently pregnant, Sonija Kwok sent her blessings to former love, Deric. She said, “A happy, happy news! Congratulations! It has been a very long time since we had been in contact.”

Source: Oriental Daily

Jayne: Congratulations to Deric if the news that he is becoming a father turns out to be true. Perhaps artists are ambitious in chasing after the coveted “dragon” baby!

15 comments to Deric Wan to Become a Father in 2012

1. someone says:

An very old man but looks like a 30s one. How HK artists can keep being young?

I do not believe in luck (dragon) but having a baby is a wonderful thing.

Login or Register before you can reply to someone
  2. pandamao says:

he still looks HOT. omg – i am going to rewatch his old series.

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
  3. Michelle says:

Don’t know why I still like Deric and Sonija together. But of course, each is happily married with their love ones and about becomes parents. Congratulations!

Login or Register before you can reply to Michelle
  4. Cloud says:

Hopefully his third marriage will work out. I always say if you have 3 failed marriages, then there’s really something wrong with either your personality or your bad habit of selecting the wrong partners.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cloud
    • P replied:

like ross from friends

Login or Register before you can reply to P
  5. HeTieShou says:

Congrats to Deric if this is true! I have not heard anything about him in a long time. He really reminds me of Sammul Chan in terms of looks. It is great that Sonjia congratulated Deric and I hope that Deric can confirm the news soon. Deric himself is a dragon so it would be great for him to have a dragon baby. Congrats to him and his wife(if he is married)!

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • april replied:

i totally agree with u about Deric and Sammul looking alike

Login or Register before you can reply to april
  6. Munkimui says:

He’s very handsome. Always been trying to hear his latest news. Thanks Jayne!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Munkimui
  7. apple says:

So basically Deric reunited with his second wife.. but that didn’t work out and he is now in his third marriage???

Login or Register before you can reply to apple
  8. sushiroll says:

Honestly i have a feeling that some if not most celebs are deliberately having babies this year because its the year of the dragon. But thats not necessarily a good thing. They get caught up on all this “dragon” hype that they have babies even when they don’t want to. Maybe just to grab a few headlines and a front page tabloid splash for some fast cheap cash. I bet many years later, that they will regret having the baby.

Login or Register before you can reply to sushiroll
    • Annie replied:

lol I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the case! I have a friend whose parents urged her to have a baby this year because it’s the year of the Dragon…

Login or Register before you can reply to Annie
  9. Jack says:

Congratulations Deric!

Login or Register before you can reply to Jack
  10. sandrathuy says:

Hi Deric 哥
    你好,我是越南人.我很喜欢看你演电视与听你唱歌.我是FAN.我念首歌” 永远是你”.
    祝你新年快乐,辛福,工作成功与万事如意.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    CHUC MUNG NAM MOI

我名字:阮如青垂Nguyen Nhu Thanh Thuy.

BEST WISH.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandrathuy
    • HeTieShou replied:

Sorry but I highly doubt that Deric will ever get your message here.I think the only way is if you post it on his weibo account…

Also, I heard that Deric sort of denied these supposed rumours…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  11. P.Tan says:

Heard of the term “third time lucky”? Well, I don’t really believe that in a marriage luck should come in. One has to work very hard to keep it going, really. Anyway, I wish to congratulate Deric re the coming of his dragon baby. I’ve always enjoyed watching his shows and for a long time he seemed to have disappeared from the tvb scene and wondered what had happened to him. I’m so glad to get news of him again. Thanks to you, Jane.

Login or Register before you can reply to P.Tan