JayneStars.com logo

Ekin Cheng Announces Plans to Wed Yoyo Mung Next Year

By on August 30, 2012

Ekin Cheng Announces Plans to Wed Yoyo Mung Next Year thumbnail

Ekin Cheng (郑伊健) and Yoyo Mung (蒙嘉慧) are finally taking their 6-year romance to the next stage! At a celebratory event for his Hong Kong concert, Ekin announced that he plans to marry Yoyo next year. Two days ago, Ekin’s concert at Hong Kong Coliseum was attended by many of his celebrity friends, including Jordan Chan (陈小春), Chin Ka Lok (錢嘉樂), Angela Tong (湯 盈盈), Jerry Lamb (林曉峰), Toby Leung (梁靖琪) , Eric Kot (葛民輝) and Niki Chow (周麗淇).

Ekin’s Friends Pressure Him to Get Married

At the concert, Ekin thanked his girlfriend, Yoyo, for constantly reminding him to deliver his best for his concert. The audiences also cheered and shouted, “Get married!” and ”Proposed to her!” However, Ekin chose to not respond to the audiences’ prompts.

After singing a song with his Young and Dangerous <古惑仔> costars and friends, Ekin was grilled on his wedding plans with Yoyo. Chin Ka Lok said, “You promised to talk about it tonight!” Ekin then replied, “Yes, let’s talk about your wedding!”

Jordon then invited Yoyo on stage, in which Ekin turned pale upon hearing it. Ekin had no choice and then said, “Okay, I will talk. It’s a very private matter between my girlfriend and I. We do not like to discuss it openly. I confess that I am a very romantic person, if not how can I sing love songs for everyone to listen?”

At this point, Leo Ku (古巨基) went on stage and exclaimed, “Today, the producer called me and wanted to spring a surprise on Ekin Cheng. He also said you will announce to invite me to your wedding!” Leo then led the audiences to shout, “Ekin and Yoyo, quickly get married!”

Ekin was embarrassed and replied, “If I get married, I will invite you for sure!”

Wedding to Be Held Next Year

At the celebratory event, Ekin highlighted that he would never propose on stage as it was a very private matter between a couple. However, Ekin disclosed that he will get married with Yoyo next year.

Asked when is the exact date of his wedding, Ekin said, “Of course, I won’t say! We have not decided where to hold it yet. We will decide based on our feelings.”

Yoyo was asked if Ekin had proposed to her; she replied, “We have prepared it halfway. We will start planning for it again when we have time.”

Sources: Xinmin.cn, ihktv.com

This article is written by Stella for JayneStars.com.

Tags: ,

• Ekin Cheng Does Not Have Time for Children(22)
  • Gigi Lai Attends "Young and Dangerous" Reunion Concert(30)
  • Yoyo Mung Changes Ekin Cheng to a Better Man(20)
  • Yoyo Mung Reveals Ekin Cheng is a Caring Husband(11)
  • Alex Fong Will Not Sign with HKTV(18)
  • Yoyo Mung: “I Give My Life to Ekin Cheng”(46)
  • "Saving General Yang:" Ekin Cheng Survived Near Death Situation(16)
  • Ekin Cheng Denies Yoyo Mung is Pregnant(5)
  • Inside Scoop of Ekin Cheng and Yoyo Mung's Wedding(18)
  • Yoyo Mung Considers Signing with HKTV(32)

• Readers' Comments (13)

1. sandcherry says:

Congratulations, Yoyo and Ekin.

Eventually you guys have decided to get married. Look forward to hearing your formal announcement.

• yuaida says:

Finally, I am so tired of hearing this “wedding topic” all the time about them……..let’s just get it over with.

2. Veejay says:

Hopefully Ekin will stick with his plan to wed YoYo next year, dont just plan it half day and forget the rest the next year.

3. smile says:

Why did he turn pale?? Does that mean he doesn’t want to get married….just all his friends/audience are forcing him into it. That’s not going to start this marriage on a good note….that’s if it really ever happens.

4. P. Tan says:

6 years is a long time and time enough to announce their plans for marriage, if any, or things can happen like in the case of Boscoe and Myolie if they drag their courtship longer. Congratulations to the happy couple!

5. elin says:

sweet… love ths couple

6. Lee says:

I don’t really know why marriage is necessary between people who don’t want to have kids. Sure, the idea of a committment is nice, but I don’t like the idea of people being pressured into marriage. Ekin seems less than enthusiastic for sure.

7. Yadi says:

According to this info, it all seems like everybody applied lots of pressure to get Ekin and Yoyo married, which in my opinion it is NOT the best way to make them take the next step. Whether a couple should marry it is only a matter of two, not everyone else. I don’t know Ekin and Yoyo, but considering how they work as a couple and if I were them, I would consider this move very offensive to their privacy.

8. AC says:

Congrats to them both!

I don’t think Ekin is hesitant to get married to Yoyo. It’s more that he doesn’t want to make it a public affair.

9. Anna says:

Congrats to them! But notice that Ekin and Yoyo never directly said that he proposed..I feel like it was more pressured than anything.

10. NP says:

It’s weird that there was just an article not too long ago about these two not wanting to take the traditional route and then a few weeks later they’re getting engaged.

Well, whatever that floats your boat. I wish them the best.

11. Canto says:

Feel so happy for Yoyo when I heard this news.

She will make a beautiful bride, wife and eventually mommy! Her kids will be gorgeous

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription

Never miss any of JayneStars' hottest entertainment news!

Enter your email address: