Idy Chan Will Film For TVB Again

By on September 26, 2014 in NEWS

Idy Chan (陳玉蓮) attended an event for the disabled. The ambassador for Hong Kong Rehabilitation Power for several years, Idy would always try to help out in the organization’s events to raise awareness for the disabled’s needs.

“I’m an entertainer after all and my job is to promote it well,” said Idy. “If I come across people who support the organization monetarily, I’ll encourage them!” Finding sponsorships for the organization had been difficult and Idy hopes to spread its cause.

In regards to the ALS ice bucket challenge, an activity that helps bring awareness to a neurodegenerative disorder known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, Idy said she is not familiar with the challenge, expressing that she only recently returned to Hong Kong from China. She rarely gets the opportunity to return to Hong Kong, but fortunately she has had enough time to make it to the organization’s biggest events.

Asked if Idy will return to TVB soon to film dramas, she admitted that has been in discussion with the station all this time. “TVB has treated me well. They are willing to accommodate my schedule. We will be collaborating again. I just don’t know when.” Idy looks forward to filming dramas again.

What about movies? “I have not been in discussion to star in a movie. I’m very passive when it comes to these things. People have to approach me.”

One of her costars in Return of the Condor Heroes <神鵰俠侶>, Kwong Chor Fai (鄺佐輝), has succumbed to cancer. Idy said she rarely keeps in contact with friends in the industry, but she would occasionally see the actor at mutual friends’ gatherings. She hopes he will find a remedy and have a speedy recovery.

Source: On.cc

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

34 comments to Idy Chan Will Film For TVB Again

1. sakura says:

thanks for translating her rare news!

Login or Register before you can reply to sakura
  2. wow! Idy chan has changed a lot from when she filmed the “sliver spoon sterling shackles”!!!!! in 2012!! 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to afterschool17
  3. 楊過 says:

姑姑

Login or Register before you can reply to 楊過
    • kiwi replied:

Yup! 😀 🙁 LOL!

Login or Register before you can reply to kiwi
  4. HeTieShou says:

My mom asked about whether she will be filming again so this is great news! So happy to hear this and thanks for sharing!

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  5. oscar says:

Best to stay away and let people remember her in her past glory. I remember being so disappointed to see her in that drama with Damien and also in SSSS. Just destroyed whatever beautiful memories i had of her. Same wit the other great beauties of her time like Bridgette Lin and Cherie Chung.

Login or Register before you can reply to oscar
    • oscar replied:

hey i just realised both her comeback dramas were with Damien. The first one I’m referring to is that thief drama, forgot the English title.

Login or Register before you can reply to oscar
      • Cm replied:

You are referring to Catch Me Now. She was ok in that, but the role of the scared housewife and mother wasn’t very well written

Login or Register before you can reply to Cm
    • HeTieShou replied:

I do not see anything wrong with seeing them act again in older age. Who does not age? It is great to remember them in the past but is great to see them act as a more mature actress as well. If you just want to remember the past glory then just do not watch the new series.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • oscar replied:

It’s painful to watch them as they’re now mere shadows of their past glory. Anyway I never thought Idy’s a good actress.

Login or Register before you can reply to oscar
      • Hannah replied:

Because her acting has deteriorated. It’s understandable since she’s been in retirement for over a decade. Why not just let the audience remember her glory days as XLN and all those hit roles she had?

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
      • HeTieShou replied:

I do not think that her acting is that bad now. Maybe many are that used to her in playing older roles. Many artists that have been in retirement come back and still act really well. Esther Kwan still acted really well even after being in retirement for a number of years. Once you have a skill like driving for example, you always have it just need to utilize it a bit in order to get it back into working mode again.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • HeTieShou replied:

Why is my comment under moderation?

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Profile photo of jayne jayne replied:

HeTieShou,
        A part of your comment may have triggered some sensitive words on our filter list.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
    • Jane replied:

She was horrible and quite annoying w/ her raspy voice in the thief drama w/ Damian. Didn’t care much for her in SSSS either.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jane
    • kiwi replied:

Coming out from her retirement doing what she loves, rather than sitting at home doing nothing. How many holiday can she take? 😀 🙁 LOL!

Login or Register before you can reply to kiwi
  6. HeTieShou says:

By the way,which character did Kwong Chor Fai play in Return? I do not remember.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • anoninhk replied:

i think he played the taoist who raped little dragon girl.

Login or Register before you can reply to anoninhk
      • HeTieShou replied:

Oh yea, that is him. Thanks for the reminder and it is great to know that they still remember each other and still wish each other well after so many years.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • charbydis replied:

I heard that he has stage four cancer! 🙁

Login or Register before you can reply to charbydis
      • HeTieShou replied:

Really? I hope he is ok but stage 4 cancer is very serious.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • omg replied:

geez, why is my comment under moderation?
        “One of her costars in Return of the Condor Heroes , Kwong Chor Fai (鄺佐輝), has succumbed to cancer.”

…he has d-i-e-d (succumbed), according to this article.

Login or Register before you can reply to omg
  7. anoninhk says:

bloody hell, when it said kwong succumbed to cancer, i thought it meant he’d died already. but he’s fighting it with a positive attitude, so i wouldn’t say he’s succumbed to it.

Login or Register before you can reply to anoninhk
  8. skinnymocha says:

“Succumbed” to cancer sounds a bit misleading. It was only until the final sentence did I realise he’s still alive and kicking.

Anyway, best wishes to Kwong Chor Fai~

Login or Register before you can reply to skinnymocha
  9. Angel says:

I dont really like her acting so plz dont come back and act in tvb dramas. Her acting sucks and so does her voice….

Login or Register before you can reply to Angel
  10. snowcone says:

I actually hope Angie Chiu will come back to film more tvb dramas! I only understand Cantonese so I have don’t understand the dramas where she speaks Mandarin (the ones in China)…
    I STILL REMEMBER HER FROM THE BUND. AWESOME DRAMA.

Login or Register before you can reply to snowcone
    • snowcone replied:

don’t*

Login or Register before you can reply to snowcone
    • HeTieShou replied:

Did you ever see her in White snake? That was one of her most popular Mandarin speaking dramas. Her mandarin dramas are dubbed in Cantonese so you should be able to see them. I also wish and hope that Angie will return to TVB as well. I miss seeing her in Hk dramas. However, I do enjoy the Mainland series that she is in.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • sophia replied:

I love Angie Chiu !!!!! Classic beauty.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
    • Cm replied:

Yeh, Angie is great. Has she filmed anything since The Point of No Return with Damien, Chilam and Charmaine?

Login or Register before you can reply to Cm
      • snowcone replied:

She recently filmed “Master of Destiny” with Liza Wang (<– I don't like watching her)….and it still hasn't aired yet. I think the original language was in Cantonese. BUT TOO BAD SHE PLAYS A MINOR ROLE.

Login or Register before you can reply to snowcone
  11. HW says:

hi oscar, if you do not like someone, do not need to be exposed in public. seems that ur reality live even worse than her

Login or Register before you can reply to HW
    • oscar replied:

Why not? This is a forum for you to voice your thoughts no? Similarly arent you voicing your thoughts now.
      ? Do i have to say only nice things? Or say only things you want to hear?

Login or Register before you can reply to oscar