JayneStars.com logo

Synopsis of “Divas in Distress” Starring Liza Wang and Gigi Wong

By on August 8, 2012

Synopsis of “Divas in Distress” Starring Liza Wang and Gigi Wong thumbnail

Previously claimed to be the sequel to 2009 TVB time traveling comedy, A Chip Off the Old Block <巴不得爸爸…>, Divas in Distress <巴不得媽媽…> features an entirely different cast and premise. Produced by A Chip Off the Old Block producer, Poon Ka Tak (潘嘉德), Divas in Distress brings back two of TVB’s top fadans of the 1970s, Liza Wang (汪明荃) and Gigi Wong (黃淑儀), to star in the 22-episode drama!

Also starring are veteran actors, Chung King Fai (鍾景輝), Chin Kar Lok (錢嘉樂), Mimi Choo (朱咪咪), popular duo Him Law (羅仲謙) and Mandy Wong (黃智雯), and newcomer, Eliza Sam (岑麗香).

Retired television actresses, Sheung Yeung Hung (Liza Wang) and Miu Sing Ho (Gigi Wong) can never seem to get away from each other. From competing for #1 sister thirty years ago, to being in-law families thirty years later, Hung and Ho are always trying to find ways to step onto each other’s shoes.

If it were not for the respect of their sifu, Fung Han Man (Chung King Fai), Hung and Ho would never cross paths again.

Ho’s son, Chong Ka Long (Chin Kar Lok) is Hung’s son-in-law. After her daughter died from childbirth, Hung always held a prejudice against Long.  When Long begins to develop feelings for the wealthy news reporter Heung Nai Hing (Eliza Sam), his mother tried to convince Long to remarry, but the jealous Hung sabotaged their relationship.

On the other hand, Hung’s youngest son, interior designer Chak Yau Sing (Him Law), falls in love with Ho’s construction worker niece, Kwai Yi Hei (Mandy Wong). Not wanting her daughter’s tragedy to be repeated, Hung comes with ways to wreck their relationship, angering Ho once again.

Hung and Ho’s feuds are making things difficult for their sons and daughters, but what can they really do?

Divas in Distress is slated to premiere on Monday, August 27th in Hong Kong.

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

• “Divas in Distress” Cast Holds Celebration Party(28)
  • Review: "Divas in Distress" (By Funn)(87)
  • “Divas in Distress” Ending Spoilers Revealed!(73)
  • Liza Wang and Gigi Wong Overshadowed by Supporting Actors in “Divas in Distress”(29)
  • Him Law and Mandy Wong Share Bed Scene in "Divas in Distress"(59)
  • Him Law and Mandy Wong to Star in Drama With Liza Wang(86)
  • 2012 TVB Anniversary Awards: Wayne Lai and Tavia Yeung Win Top Honors(438)
  • Him Law and Mandy Wong's "Puppy Love" Relationship(122)
  • Mandy Wong: "Him Law is Not My Cup of Tea!"(27)
  • Liza Wang, Gigi Wong, Him Law, and Mandy Wong at "Mother to Mother" Costume Fitting(55)

• Readers' Comments (12)

1. sandcherry says:

Liza Wang and Gigi Wong both looked quite old in this drama series.

I liked to watch Gigi Wong when she was young, but not any more, and I never liked Liza Wang any way.

I don’t think I will watch this drama series though the veterans may show off their good acting.

2. Hannahh says:

oh can’t wait!

3. elin says:

i seriously thought it would be a sequel… am so disappointed..

4. YQ says:

I’ve watched the first 2 episodes and I say…I NEED TO FAST FORWARD ALL LIZA WANG AND ELIZA SAM SCENES!!!

Great story, horrible cast.

• Anon says:

I think Eliza Sam has a charm and is not bad in her first big role. She carries herself and her pairing with Chin Ka Lok well :D

• sure-lee says:

Eliza Sam is my friend’s parent’s friend’s daughter, LOLOL. She just told me this yesterday, and I was quite surprised. I didn’t really watch her dramas yet, but will watch Divas in Distress to support her.

• Nicole says:

I think she’s terrible, and her voice is quite annoying.

5. M says:

I noticed in the first 2 episodes, Gigi wong’s husband got hair, then in episode 3, at the fast food restaurant, he is half bald! I wonder if this is tvb mistake.

6. M says:

Why can’t Liza Wang play poor character? She and Gigi should swap. Eliza is pretty, but her acting is still very much below par. Still got lots of room for improvement

7. j says:

I do not get why this series even got made in the first place. Concurrently I am watching Come Home Love and Divas in Distress; thus I am leaning towards Come Home Love more than Divas in Distress. they could have extended Ghetto Justice 2 longer rather than rush the ending to air Divas. However it is not a lost cause Him Law and Mandy do make a cute couple.

8. j says:

I totally agree with all the post in regards to divas in distress . For some reason Liza annoys me the most; but I am only watching because of him law and Mandy. The story line is mediocre t best.

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription

Never miss any of JayneStars' hottest entertainment news!

Enter your email address: