Greg Hsu’s (許光漢) popularity skyrocketed after his performance in Taiwanese drama, Someday or One Day <想見你>, and was dubbed as “National Boyfriend” for his dazzling smile. The 29-year-old actor has already been in the industry for close to ten years. Here are eight things you probably didn’t know about him:
1. Someday or One Day is not Greg’s first appearance as a male lead. He also took part in Malaysia’s Dive in to Love <潛入藍中籃> in 2013. Though he was away from home for over four months, he discovered his passion for acting.
2. Greg originally joined the industry in 2012 as a singer, but due to contract issues, the company froze him for a year. He decided to change fields and entered modelling before making his debut as an actor.
3. Prior to his own debut, he also appeared in Jay Chou’s (周杰倫) music video, “Class 3-2” <三年二班> in 2003. Back then, he was only in the sixth grade and was also a member of the ping-pong team.
4. Throughout his career, Greg has maintained a really positive image. He has only revealed to the public of his relationship with model Cleo Chien (簡婕) who acted in Our Times <我的少女時代> . However, in 2017, the two announced that they have broken up.
5. In the Netflix show Nowhere Man <罪夢者>, Greg plays a gay character and he went fully nude for this role.
6. In Have You Ever Fallen in Love, Miss Jiang? <植劇場—姜老師，妳談過戀愛嗎？>, he excelled in his role as Chen Weizheng, in which he was nominated for Best Supporting Actor in the 52nd Golden Bell Awards. Though he did not win the award, he considered it recognition of his hard work.
7. When he first entered the industry, he went by his stage name,Hsu Rong Dong (許穎東), but after the issues with his contract, he decided to start fresh with his birth name, Hsu Kuang-han.
8. Greg hopes to transition to China for more opportunities. He will be starring in Mainland romance-themed film On Your Wedding Day <你的婚禮> next alongside 23-year-old Chinese actress Zhang Ruonan (章若楠).
This article is written by Hailey for JayneStars.com.