Cecilia Liu, Other Low-Key Actresses Land Rich Husbands

By on March 15, 2016 in NEWS

Cecilia Liu, Other Low-Key Actresses Land Rich Husbands

Mainland Chinese actress Coco Lyu (呂一) recently tied the knot with mainland Chinese actor Benny Qian (錢泳辰), who hails from a prosperous family and owns many restaurants. The news spurred netizens to notice some other notoriously low-key actresses, such as Cecilia Liu (劉詩詩), who have also been fortunate enough to land well-to-do husbands.

Best known for portraying Maertai Ruoxi in the time-traveling drama, Bu Bu Jing Xin <步步驚心>, Cecilia has always been labeled low-profile for such a high-demand actress. She is seldom embroiled in scandals, and she is not the type to overhype herself or her projects. On March 20, she and Taiwanese actor Nicky Wu (吳奇隆), 17 years her senior, will hold their wedding ceremony on Bali Island. Nicky owns six personal companies, two studios, and three patents, but he has admitted that Cecilia is his “big boss.”

Positive news has often followed Taiwanese actress Ariel Lin (林依晨) since her chubby-faced beginnings in Taiwanese idol dramas, causing some netizens to dub her “the goddess of zero negative comments.” In 2014, she announced her marriage to businessman Charles Lin (林于超), whom she had met at a mutual friend’s wedding and whose family property exceeds 100 million RMB.

Rene Liu 3

Love isn’t always smooth sailing for low-key actresses, however, as Taiwanese singer/actress Rene Lin (劉若英) can attest. Known for her sweet-tempered personality and her artistic elegance, Rene experienced many tumults in her love life, having dated singer Bobby Chen (陳升) and director Chen Kuo-fu (陳國富). It wasn’t until Rene was 42 years old that she met her Prince Charming, Zhong Xiaojiang (鍾小江), a member of the banking industry and owner of two companies.

The aforementioned Coco Lyu should not be forgotten. Although she has yet to hit it big with a particular role, the 32-year-old actress has appeared in well-known dramas like Palace <宮鎖心玉> and Xuan Yuan Sword: Scar of the Sky <軒轅劍之天之痕>. Despite having collaborated with Wallace Huo (霍建華) and Hu Ge (胡歌), she has not been dogged by any negative rumors. It was not until 2015 that she revealed she was in a relationship with Benny Qian, who proposed to her on a luxurious yacht with a five-carat diamond ring.

Vivian Chen

Taiwanese singer/actress Vivian Chen (陳德容) is another Chiung Yao favorite who found her Mr. Perfect in real life. Often portraying the pitiful characters in her dramas, Vivian quietly married real estate mogul Austin Wang (王贊策) in 2011. Afterward, she opted to appear in fewer dramas and movies, spending more of her time traveling between America, Taiwan, and Shanghai with her husband.

With her girl-next-door temperament, mainland Chinese actress Jenny Zhang (張嘉倪) became famous overnight when she was handpicked by writer Chiung Yao (瓊瑤) to star in the 2007 drama Dreams Link <又見一簾幽夢>. In spite of her sudden fame, Jenny avoided many of the typical scandals, even after her painful breakup with actor Du Chun (杜淳). In 2015, she accepted a proposal from her boyfriend, who is an executive board member of a production company.

Source: QQ.com

This article is written by Joanna for JayneStars.com.

24 comments to Cecilia Liu, Other Low-Key Actresses Land Rich Husbands

1. happybi says:

well.. the guys also landed themselves some good wife material.. just saying… Can’t just say the girls are the only lucky one here…

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
    • dramas4me replied:

@happybi I agree with you. It’s a good thing that they found each other and if they are both happy (every couples here) then they all should count their blessings. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to dramas4me
  2. elizabeth says:

Wow! Lv Yi is married! She still looks so cute!

Login or Register before you can reply to elizabeth
  3. janet72 says:

LSS is so lucky to land up with nicky wu…one with looks and money. he still looks so young.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
    • replied:

@janet72
      Perhaps I am the only one that feels he does look his age? He was on that Xiao S show and his face is showing almost 50 year old already? Well, as they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Login or Register before you can reply to
      • dramas4me replied:

@kiki Yes. Nicky Wu is aging a little bit faster in the last two years. I think all the years of not getting enough sleep is catching up with him now. Hopefully he is taking better care of himself now that he is married.

Login or Register before you can reply to dramas4me
      • janet72 replied:

@kiki he is earning so much money but not resting enough…age will show even for men who hardly look their age. LSS is lucky to land herself a rich guy.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
    • isay replied:

@janet72 he looks his age to me, not young. Anyone thinks he resembles a certain tvb actor who’s mostly playing bit parts? I don’t know that guy’s name though.

Login or Register before you can reply to isay
  4. Question: why do all if not most females have to be girl-next-door tempered and delicate to marry well-to-do husbands?

Login or Register before you can reply to listeningears
    • listeningears replied:

@listeningears or even marry?

Login or Register before you can reply to listeningears
    • dramas4me replied:

@listeningears I think most men don’t want “high maintenance” personality women. I’m not just talking about material wise only. The girl-next-door tempered women are easier to live with. They fit in with wives material more. If I’m a man I would pick this type also.

Login or Register before you can reply to dramas4me
      • hetieshou replied:

@dramas4me
        Totally agree and I remember some of my friends trying to introduce guys to me and most if not all of the guys wanted girls that were low maintenance. I must say that even if most guys do not say it but they prefer women who are not so materialistic and high maintenance because they are easier to live with and more suitable to be a wife.

Login or Register before you can reply to hetieshou
      • dramas4me replied:

@hetieshou If we really think about it – most of us women don’t want to marry “high maintenance” men either. Men are not dumb; they do know what is best for themselves also.

Login or Register before you can reply to dramas4me
      • isay replied:

@dramas4me if the man has lots of money he wont mind. Besides a wealthy man usually wants a trophy wife that he can show off so she needs to maintain herself well. Plus she needs to do so to keep those honey bees off her man. Of cos not all rich men are like that, just saying that might be the case for some.

Login or Register before you can reply to isay
      • dramas4me replied:

@isay. That’s is true in some cases. Over all most men still do not want “difficult” women/wives.

Login or Register before you can reply to dramas4me
      • hetieshou replied:

@dramas4me
        Yes, that is true but I think high maintenance women are generally more annoying because they expect the guy to provide for them and ask for this and that. Not all men and women know what is best for them which is why there are so many divorces and remarriages these days.

Login or Register before you can reply to hetieshou
  5. isay says:

Er who’s who in the above pics? Captions would be useful Jayne. Thx.

Login or Register before you can reply to isay
    • dramas4me replied:

@isay I was thinking of the same. I think they shouldn’t have assumed that we know all celebrities.

Login or Register before you can reply to dramas4me
    • funnlim replied:

@isay Cecilia and her husband Nicky Wu. Ariel Lin and her husband, unknown.

Login or Register before you can reply to funnlim
      • dramas4me replied:

@funnlim No. I meant the additional four pictures below their pictures. Thanks

Login or Register before you can reply to dramas4me
      • isay replied:

@funnlim see what i mean? Not everyone knows who’s who lol. They’re not famous enough i guess.

Login or Register before you can reply to isay
    • kidd replied:

@isay

Couple wearing sunglasses: Rene Liu & Bobby Chen
      Photogenic couple in white: Coco Lyu & Benny Qian
      Couple holding hands in the park: Vivien Chen & Austin Wang
      Guy proposing to girl: Jenny Zhang & boyfriend

Login or Register before you can reply to kidd
      • isay replied:

@kidd Thx. Couple in white is most matching in terms of looks.

Login or Register before you can reply to isay
  6. dramas4me says:

This is a funny video of LSS & NW’s wedding with Wallace Huo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n9UA0i1GPnQ

Login or Register before you can reply to dramas4me