Crystal Liu: “I Never Thought I Was Pure”

By on September 16, 2012 in Movies, NEWS

Many once regarded 25-year-old actress, Crystal Liu (刘亦菲), to be China’s “Jade Girl.” Known for her innocent and pure roles, such as portraying “Wang Yuyan” in Demi-Gods and Semi-Devil’s <天龙八部> and “Little Dragon Girl” in The Return of the Condor Heroes <神雕侠侣>, Crystal’s beauty embodied purity.

After accepting her role in The Assassins <铜雀台>, Crystal was said to be prepared to have her image changed from an innocent “Jade Girl” to a mature woman. In the film, Crystal will have a long, passionate sex scene – also her first – with heartthrob, Hiroshi Tamaki (玉木宏), and will share an ambiguous romantic relationship with Chow Yun Fat (周潤發).

In a recent press conference for a jewelry line in Shenzhen, Crystal expressed that she is not changing her image, nor is she attempting to change her image. She responded, “A person should always strive for improvement; an image is all-inclusive. I will not easily change myself. Of course, this does not mean I will not change forever.” She later added, “I actually never thought I was that pure to begin with.”

Chow Yun Fat and Crystal’s May-December romance became a hot topic to discuss at The Assassins’ promotional events. Did Crystal fear Chow Yun Fat? The actress smiled, “I am a grown up individual now. I also did not treat him as Chow Yun Fat. I treated him like he was the character in the movie.” Crystal also did not find it odd for sharing a May-December romance with the international actor.

Source: Sina.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

18 comments to Crystal Liu: “I Never Thought I Was Pure”

1. Nikki says:

What is a ‘May-December romance’ ? o_o

Login or Register before you can reply to Nikki
    • Lily replied:

May December romance is a romantic relationship between two people who have a considerable age difference. It’s typically a younger female and an older man (hence the December since that signifies the end of the year/end of life while May – Spring when the person is still young).

Login or Register before you can reply to Lily
      • Josie replied:

Haha… I thought it meant a romance that u don’t expect to last beyond several months. Like a may to December fling. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Josie
      • Lee replied:

LOL @ Josie. I never thought about it that way.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lee
  2. dude says:

She is hot isn’t her name Liu yi fei

Login or Register before you can reply to dude

Interesting that one should go over to mature roles by steamy sex scenes. No other way?

• No Balls replied:

That’s the easiest option.

No-brainer, sex sells.

Lousy actresses usually choose this option.

Login or Register before you can reply to No Balls
    • Tegan replied:

It seems to be a strategy employed by actresses who have a pure, wholesome image and want to break out of being typecast; Anne Hathaway seems to be one of the successful examples. She had a wholesome Disney girl image when she first rose to prominence in The Princess Diaries, and then did a couple of movies with nudity, then successfully transitioned to critically acclaimed dramatic actress.

Dunno how well it’ll work for Liu Yifei, though.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tegan
      • Rambling Mind replied:

Sorry, don’t really care much for her acting. I actually prefer Jiang Yiyan.

Login or Register before you can reply to Rambling Mind
  4. Hannah says:

She’s mediocre at best.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
    • Yuyu replied:

She has a very complete look when doing ancient roles and dressed in white. For an actress she’s okay acting and okay looking.

Login or Register before you can reply to Yuyu
  5. Lee says:

Tamaki Hiroshi, sigh… some people have all the luck 😉

Login or Register before you can reply to Lee
  6. Selena says:

she’s not pretty.

Login or Register before you can reply to Selena
  7. sky says:

w/e to her now? she used to be super hot…now it just a normal asian girl for me

Login or Register before you can reply to sky
    • Lee replied:

It’s just the styling for her role. I’ve always found her to be jaw droppingly gorgeous but a real bore both on and off screen.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lee
  8. Flower says:

She is not as pretty because most stars has work done and among them the normal pretty suddenly is not so pretty anymore. I still find her very beautiful…

Login or Register before you can reply to Flower
    • Cloud replied:

Agreed. Crystal is still beautiful to me. It’s just that there are so many actresses and models who underwent plastic surgery, and now they make her look like an average Asian girl.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cloud
  9. Jack says:

She is pretty but I don’t find her convincing when she tries to play the more seductive type of roles. She doesn’t come off as being particularly sensual…. But who knows, this might change over time.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jack