Eason Chan and Hilary Tsui Clear Drug Rumors at Press Conference
Rumors that Hilary Tsui (徐濠縈) is a drug addict quickly turned into a divorce drama over the last two weeks.
In a press conference held on December 7, Eason Chan (陳奕迅) and Hilary Tsui presented their loving side and united against a common enemy: Kenny Wee (黃浩). The couple slammed the restaurateur for spreading false rumors that Hilary was one of five celebrities who were taped taking drugs at Kenny’s restaurant. “All the rumors are false,” Eason said sternly.
Hilary produced photos of the party held in October 2011, which included the attendance of Sam Lee (李璨琛) and Grace Ip (葉佩雯). From the photos, it was clear that there were no security cameras set up in the VIP room, which proved Kenny’s claim of the taped drug incident to be a lie.
In the press statement, Hilary denied that she had a habit of taking drugs. Eason and Hilary said they did not have any arguments over the drug scandal, refuting rumors that the couple was on the brink of martial collapse.
Eason and Hilary were extremely angry that the drug scandal implicated their 8-year-old daughter, Constance. The couple was used to the compromise of their own privacy since they were celebrities, but they asked the press to not push boundaries by harassing their family members, especially their young daughter. “This will severely impact a child emotionally and physically.” The paparazzi’s tactics had scared Constance, who had to undergo counseling.
Hilary added, “With the incident blowing up to such proportions, I feel very helpless. Although I did not respond to the fabricated rumors, that does not mean that I have done it!”
Asked why she had to circulate a mocking comment on Kenny Wee as “a human piece of trash” on Instagram, Hilary said, “Why did I post it? Actually it was my friends who posted it. It’s not my fault. And that was my private account. You have to go ask Edison Chen (陳冠希).”
Will Press Charges Against Kenny Wee
After consulting with their lawyer, Eason Chan and Hilary Tsui have issued legal action and filed a complaint at the Press Council of Hong Kong for libel. The couple went to the police station to file the following charges against Kenny Wee:
1) Suspicion that a certain restaurant was guilty of overcharging
2) Suspicion that someone had used so-called “evidence” for extortion.
Eason Chan and Hilary Tsui’s Press Statement:
1. (a) Hilary Tsui never participated in any “psychedelic dinner”. As for the dinner held in October 2011 at Wan chai’s Huadiao Chicken restaurant, she was there to celebrate her friend’s birthday. Virginia Chan (陳維尊) was the organizer of the event, inviting Hilary Tsui, Grace Ip, Sam Lee (李璨琛), Josie Ho (何超儀), Conroy Chan (陳子聰) Kevin Li (李健宏) and others to attend. Many attendees took photos of the event.
(b) Hilary Tsui does not have a habit of taking drugs, and did not take any drugs, hug, nor kiss anyone at the dinner.
2. When the dinner check arrived, Virginia Chan complained to the restaurant about the exorbitant charges. After a round of dispute, the billing issue was not resolved, but the bill was nevertheless paid for and the party left.
3. Hilary Tsui did not contact Kenny Wee directly nor through a third party. Hilary Tsui has not been called by the Hong Kong police to aid the investigation.
4. We did not have any disputes over anything. Until now, our family is still living a normal family life.
5. (a) Eason Chan has never “cursed at Hilary”.
(b) Hilary Tsui did not “run away from home”.
(c) Our daughter, Constance, has never been dissatisfied with us.
Eason and Hilary at News Conference
Note: This article is written for JayneStars.com. DO NOT re-post this article on any other websites. No part of this article may be copied, reproduced, rearranged, redistributed, modified by any means or in any form whatsoever without prior written permission. You may use the content online and for your non-commercial, personal use only. Copying these materials for anything other than your personal use is a violation of copyright laws.
Should you wish to share this article, we recommend that you: (i) link directly to the article at JayneStars.com on your website; or (ii) share this article link via social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.