Kenneth Ma Shines Brightly as TVB’s Hottest Bachelor

By on August 1, 2012 in NEWS, Star Interviews

After appearing in TVB drama, Three Kingdoms RPG <回到三國>, Kenneth Ma (馬國明) ascends to one of TVB’s top siu sangs, even stealing the limelight from his costar, Raymond Lam (林峯). Kenneth’s role of an impulsive and comical slacker is a huge breakthrough for him as compared to his previous refined heartthrob doctor role in The Hippocratic Crush <On Call 36小時>. Kenneth revealed that in order to bring laughter to the audience, he did not mind shedding his clean and gentlemanly image.

Seeking advice from a veteran actor in the past, Kenneth said, “There was once a senior who taught me that there were two kinds of people: the inferior people will uglify others, and the superior people will only uglify himself. As long as we do not hurt people, it will be good if we can make everyone laugh.”

“Sima Shun” is a Major Breakthrough for Kenneth

After the broadcast of Three Kingdoms RPG, Kenneth had been criticized for his exaggerated expressions in the series. Kenneth explained his decision for the over-the-top performance, “When I first received the script, I already thought of acting in an exaggerated way. I did consider that some viewers may not be able to accept it. However, Three Kingdoms RPG is a comedy, and Sima Shun is a fictional character. We can’t uglify the historical figures, or else there will be criticisms. We can only uglify Sima Shun.”

Reflecting on his acting skills, Kenneth said, “After acting for many years, a male actor can’t have too many breakthroughs in his looks. I can’t go for plastic surgery or grow long hair, so the only way is to achieve breakthroughs in acting. That’s why I love my Sima Shun role! I am not a comedic actor, but this time I can express my acting in an exaggerated way and this is considered a small switch of my image in my career.”

Kenneth Ascends to Become TVB’s Hottest Bachelor

TVB siu sangs, Bosco Wong (黃宗澤), Ron Ng (吳卓羲) and Raymond Lam (林峯) have been recently plagued by promiscuous scandals involving busty mainland Chinese actresses. Compared to his scandal-tainted colleagues, Kenneth’s good man and healthy image puts him in a different league, ascending to become TVB’s hottest bachelor.

Kenneth also tries his best to protect people around him. He said he could not understand why his ex-girlfriend Nancy Wu (胡定欣) would be accused of a promiscuous past which involved 7 men. Kenneth said, “Nancy is a good woman and has good character and personality. If the media wants to write, then write about me; do not write about a woman. After all, it is a man’s responsibility to protect a woman. As long as it does not hurt anyone, I will am willing to reveal anything.”

Although willing to speak candidly about his career and romance, he still had the responsibility to protect his family’s privacy. He said, “I am in this line of work, so I can’t avoid it. If there is a need for me to reveal anything, I will reveal it. However, my family is different; I do not want them to be under the public spotlight. I still hope to give my family a comfortable environment.”

Kenneth is indeed a rare gem in the Hong Kong entertainment industry. He exudes his intellectuality from his approach in his career and relationships with family and friends. He always puts others above him. He hopes to delight viewers with his acting and in his private life. He does his utmost best to protect his close ones. It is no wonder that he has quickly ascended to become TVB’s hottest bachelor!

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Stella for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Kenneth Ma Shines Brightly as TVB’s Hottest Bachelor

• Top Ten Nominees for TVB Best Actor and Actress Leaked(219)
  • Kenneth Ma: "I Am Not Like Raymond Lam!"(86)
  • Kenneth Ma Thinks Casual Dating is Impractical(51)
  • Bosco Wong and Ron Ng Deny That Raymond Lam is Getting Married(0)
  • Yoyo Mung, Kenneth Ma Lost Weight for "Flying Tiger 2"(11)
  • Kenneth Ma, Kelly Cheung Join “Flying Tiger 2”(6)
  • “The Four” Reaches its 10th Anniversary, But Where Are “The Four” Now?(13)
  • [STYLE] 2013 TVB Anniversary Awards(65)
  • 16 New Dramas Introduced at 2014 TVB Sales Presentation(135)
  • Apple Daily's "Worst Television Awards" (27)

• 44 comments to Kenneth Ma Shines Brightly as TVB’s Hottest Bachelor

1. Gar says:

Definitely hope that he finds his other half soon. I’ve always enjoyed watching him act. Keep up the great work!

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
    2. Nicole says:

He really needs to do something about his hair. I haven’t seen Kenneth with a nice hairstyle EVER!

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • Gar replied:

I actually really liked his hair in Mysteries Of Love. I think that series is the only exception.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
        • Nicole replied:

Can’t remember how it looks like, but if he only has one good hairstyle in like 2 years.. he needs a hairstylist pronto!
          I can’t decide what his current hairstyle is..

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
        • jayne replied:

Nicole,
          Kenneth’s hair is now like “poodle hair”! I can’t take his hair seriously! I am surprised he went along with the perm idea.
          Taiwanese celebrities have better stylists!

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
        • Funn Lim replied:

“Kenneth had skin clinic sponsor for some time ago. It was reported in news that in his spare time, he would go for facials.”

But his skin can’t stand the test of HD though.

• Gar replied:

He actually looked really hunky in that series IMO, even better than LF who consistently appeared in suits and formal attire.

I do agree that his current hairstyle does not suit him one bit. In fact, men do not look good in permed hair at all, period!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
        • Gar replied:

I think Kenneth has large pores which is probably what he was trying to minimize with the help of facials.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
        • AC replied:

Kenneth’s skin has actually greatly improved due to the skin sponsor. If you don’t think it’s good currently under HD, just imagine how it used to be since it was bad under non-HD.

Login or Register before you can reply to AC

” We can’t uglify the historical figures, or else there will be criticisms. We can only uglify Sima Shun.”

Excuse me, this series already uglified Zhou Yu, Lau Bei and especially ZGL.

And it has stopped being comedy for a very long time.

4. Fox says:

Sorry, I cant feel his efforts to protect the ppl around him. Nancy has never had any link with princess illness until MM presented it to her in a sudden and then this title stuck to her.

Alright, he might be a good guy but he should never protect anyone. Never. He only made the situation worse. Just good to himself is ok.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    5. elin says:

lol. he sounds too good to be true

Login or Register before you can reply to elin
    6. Applelim says:

In have always liked his acting and certainly he is the lead in Three Kingdoms over Raymond!! more air time, I think. He is a gem!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Applelim
    7. dd says:

So I guess the reality is that he’s the hottest TVB bachelor right now because the other TVB dudes can’t keep their pants on.

That’s like winning a swimming race because all the other competitors all got leg cramps.

Login or Register before you can reply to dd
      • Linnh replied:

haha your comment was hilarious. But so true.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
        • none replied:

so funny , the other 3 quit in the race

Login or Register before you can reply to none
      • VCN replied:

Haaahaaaa …. Loved that comment, dd!

Login or Register before you can reply to VCN
    8. ping0 says:

When it comes to Kenneth I always imagine his character in real life is the same as in “A fist full of Stance” =). He is not the most handsome, but a character of a person can add extra points.

Login or Register before you can reply to ping0
    9. Littlegalpal says:

Kenneth Ma at 38 yrs old is a “Hottest Bachelor” Jessica Hsuan at 42 yrs old is a “Leftover Bachelorette” 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Littlegalpal
      • sandcherry replied:

It is quite okay for a guy to remain as a bachelor at the age of 38. As long as his wife is under 40, they still can have children.

Well, if Jessica Hsuan does not plan to have children, she can get married at the age of 60 (like Liza Wang). It will only be a problem if she wants to have kids. And with IVF, she may even be able to have kids now at a later age.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
        • ping0 replied:

Maybe Jessica is already married in secret like Andy lau, it can be possible that she keep her personal life personal heh. Who knows.

Login or Register before you can reply to ping0
      • Hannahh replied:

Kenneth n Jessica should pair up for a series or even dating outside haha

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
        • ping0 replied:

lol that would solve both of their problems lol

Login or Register before you can reply to ping0
        • HeTieShou replied:

That is a good idea, but I am afraid that Jessica’s personality might be too strong for Kenneth.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    10. Hannahh says:

Kenneth FTW!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    11. vivien says:

Jessica is too old and strong for KM. He can do better

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
      • Veejay replied:

LoL, I think KM prefers MILF than a woman with strong calibre sense.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
        • HeTieShou replied:

What is MILF Veejay?

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • Veejay replied:

HTS, i always thought MILF stands for something in a polite way to describe a woman who was in a relationship but not anymore now.. and is currently seeking for love but I was wrong after I googled it and found a rather shocking explanation on MILF lmfao.

Go google it up, u will be surprised.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
        • Littlegalpal replied:

MILF = Mother I like to F***

Login or Register before you can reply to Littlegalpal
        • josie replied:

MILF is f/ “American pie”. Stifler’s mom!

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
    12. vivien says:

I like LF but KM is out shining him in 3K. LF may prove he can get BA by HAL

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
    13. Nicole says:

Wow, new photos and news about “The Three”.

But that dog.. may just be a similar dog. Can’t really see it clearly.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • Fox replied:

The left eye of the Husky dog isn’t same as LF’s dog Mimi’s. The left eye of Mimi is black while the dog in the pic is light:

Can’t be the same dog.

Liu Yuqi disappointed me a lot. She even dun bother to dig the info before opening mouth. It leads to a lot of holes in her storyline. Last time she went to wrong tower, this time she hugged the wrong dog. If she wanna convince ppl, she should put more efforts.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
        • Veejay replied:

Maybe Liu Yuqi was drunk and hugged the wrong guy thinking it’s LF and the guy happen to have a dog too LOL. Poor Liu Yuqi.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
        • Fox replied:

Not Liu Yuqi but her sister with the same manager :). Zheng Yun Cheng is the girl in the pic, she intentionally called the reporters from Next magazine to sell her pic with the wrong dog.

Maybe Liu Yuqi and Zheng Yun Cheng both drunk and hugged the wrong dog :P.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • Fox replied:

Oh sorry, not drama queen Liu Yuqi but her good sister this time – Zheng Yun Cheng.

Such a couple of sister. One went to wrong tower, one hugged wrong dog.

Lolz, poor Mimi btw. Now every Husky named Mimi.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • Fox replied:

Second sorry :P. I read the summary only and had a mistake. Finally read the text.

LMAO~, so it’s Liu Yuqi the one who hugged the wrong dog. Zheng Yun Cheng is the “revealed” party who sent the pic of the wrong dog to Next. And according to Next, the dog is the most important evident to say that Liu Yuqi and LF dated. I LMAO-ed! Have a try but failed. Wrong dog. Next time she should hug a right dog or at least find a dog who look similar.

On the other hand, Karena is also given the same fate with LF when Next said she is a cheater to Derek Wong. Next said that Karena and Derek in love for 1.5 years and met the parents of both. However, after knowing and working with LF, Karena changed heart and dumped Derek.

Haha, now Karena and LF becomes a couple of cheaters. Good! They are perfect to each other.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
        • Nicole replied:

This is stupid. If Liu Yu qi really got into LF’s house, she will take picture of his awards, and stuff, now there’s only a picture of a dog…

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
        • Fox replied:

A wrong dog :P.

So even the dog she can’t snapped.

Liu Yuqi’s story now becomes a mix of PSS and Rose’s. Rose has a pic of his dog and lead Liu Yuqi’s to the idea of the dog. But she didn’t check for how Mimi look, just know that he has a Husky one. Then she hugged a random dog, sent it to Zheng Yun Cheng but didn’t know that the left eyeball of Mimi is grey but the one she hugged is light.

That’s why she is a big failure.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
        • josie replied:

Maybe miss Liu will say mimi the dog got her eyes done.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
        • Fox replied:

Next headline: “Mimi: I don’t have the eye done.”

I’m LMAO~.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    14. Icetea_td says:

I love him so much and I enjoy so much watching his series, now he is the target and I’m sure there will be soon lots of untold stories will be revealed.

Login or Register before you can reply to Icetea_td
    15. bb says:

If he’s as good as what was described, then he should keep it up. But as far as I can see, not many good-looking guys in entertainment circle are clean from scandals. I’ll really salute him if he can keep his love life low profile and simple to the end.

Login or Register before you can reply to bb