Niki Chow Still Single, But Living a Fulfilling Life

By on March 1, 2013 in NEWS, Star Interviews

When Niki Chow’s (周麗淇) sister Kathy Chow (周汶錡) got married last year, naturally many would wonder when will it Niki’s turn? At 33 years old, even Niki herself admits that she hopes it will be her turn soon.

“When Sammi Cheng (鄭秀文) and I were both single, I always thought I would get married before her. Now that she is happily in a relationship with Andy Hui (許志安), I said to her, ‘Why are you dating and I’m not?’ As long as she’s happy, that’s all that matters. I hope I get lucky this year too,” Niki said optimistically.

Ever since Nikki’s most recent relationship with business heir Eric ended in 2011, she has maintained a single lifestyle, and was called a “Leftover Bachelorette”. Nikki said, “What’s wrong with being single? I don’t mind being called a Leftover Bachelorette. In fact, I am quite used to it – which I’m not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing!”

In January, Niki was photographed with a Caucasian man, whom the press dubbed as Niki’s boyfriend. Niki explained that the man was only a friend.

“I never told the public who I was dating and who I broke up with. All that you read is just speculation! I actually haven’t dated in a few years but I am living a very fulfilling life. Sure, love is important, but I won’t force it. People always say that I shouldn’t need to worry because I’m so pretty, but that just goes to show that looks and dating don’t go hand in hand!”

Niki revealed that there are some romantic prospects in her life, but she is not the type to drag on the relationship if the feeling is not there. “I’m very realistic about dating and I follow my gut feeling on whether or not I like him! I understand that many people are worried for my personal life, but that actually causes me a lot of stress.”

As with many women, Niki valued a quality relationship rather than simply date for the sake of dating. Niki said, “Honestly, there are times when I feel lonely, but then I know that being in a relationship also comes with a lot of headaches sometimes. So at this moment, I am fine being single. I won’t base my judgement just because I want to be in a relationship.”

Source: Oriental Sunday #794 via kuangaitvb.com

This article is written by Natalie for JayneStars.com.

16 comments to Niki Chow Still Single, But Living a Fulfilling Life

1. azndoraemon says:

Yes, there’s nothing wrong with being single and you are pretty but doesn’t mean you can find your other half. It is good to not wanting to be in a relationship b/c of loneliness. Sometimes it’s good to stay single. You have the quality in you.

Login or Register before you can reply to azndoraemon
    • kun replied:

you cannot expect yourself to be rewarded with a happy marriage or find an ideal partner by being too choosy.

Certainly you should be the one to blame when things dont work in your favor.

Login or Register before you can reply to kun
  2. notasaint says:

niki and kevin…… sighhh…. will they ever get back together? =(
    they were really sweet together back in the good old days.

Login or Register before you can reply to notasaint
    • Celin replied:

If they are fated, they will get back together like Sammi and Andy.

Login or Register before you can reply to Celin
      • kun replied:

By being too choosy, dont expect to get a good yuen fen. Even if he’s destined to be yours, he’ll also run away!

Login or Register before you can reply to kun
      • Ling replied:

@kun
        She is pretty . Why cant she be choosy ? Dont tell me that you just want to pick any guy just for the sake of getting marry ?

Login or Register before you can reply to Ling
      • azndoraemon replied:

@ Kun – yeah why? She’s pretty and she has the quality to be with better person. I don’t think Kevin was that good for her, she deserve better. I’m glad she’s taking her time.

Login or Register before you can reply to azndoraemon
    • Rainbow replied:

Were Niki and Kevin together at all? Since she said, all her romantic rumors were just speculation

Login or Register before you can reply to Rainbow
      • Celin replied:

You believe ?

Login or Register before you can reply to Celin
  3. Godon Lim says:

Oh man, she made such a lovely couple with Kevin Cheng. But too bad what goes on on-screen, will only be on-screen, and will rarely ever become reality.

Login or Register before you can reply to Godon Lim
    • Sel_fi_wu replied:

have a feeling niki’s too boring and lacks intelligence. can’t blame kevin for leaving her if she can’t give kevin enough love and affection, and if she can’t fullfill kevin’s miss right qualities. kevin likes intelligent and independent women.

Login or Register before you can reply to Sel_fi_wu
      • sky replied:

Oh I didn’t know we got a Kevin’s friend/relative in the thread.

Login or Register before you can reply to sky
      • Puff replied:

What Niki said in this article sound sensible, not something from an unintelligent or dependent woman?!

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
  4. Nelly says:

When your single people always say, are you lonely? It’s her personal life and if she’s happy being single, why do ppl think its a problem?

Login or Register before you can reply to Nelly
    • kun replied:

When it is your personal life matter, you should keep it within yourself.

Login or Register before you can reply to kun
  5. stars says:

I think her and kevin were true but I don’t think Eric one is true. I think she is trying to hint that one. I think she still has feelings for Kevin but she can’t move on from it yet.

Login or Register before you can reply to stars