Raymond Lam Suffers Extreme Back Pain, Unable to Rise From Bed

By on February 18, 2012 in NEWS

The 2011 IFPI Hong Kong Album Sales Awards was held last night. Raymond Lam (林峯) won three awards and Joey Yung (容祖兒) won six awards, becoming the big winners of the night. Suffering from sciatica (pain or numbness produced by an irritation of the nerve roots leading to the sciatic nerve), Raymond bit back his pain to attend the IFPI music awards. While singing two slow songs, Raymond often adjusted his back.

Due to the pain he was experiencing, Raymond was also absent from yesterday’s filming of TVB drama, Fight Crime <雷霆扫毒>. Raymond stated, “My back pain is due to excessive wear and tear of the spine during work. The doctor noted that the affected area is difficult to cure. During the Lunar New Year holiday, the pain was so excruciating I was unable to get up from bed, requiring my younger brother to support my arm. Now, I can only minimize attendance in promotional activities, take pain killers, and use acupuncture to help relieve the pain.”

Asked whether his present condition will affect his fertility, Raymond said, “I do not know, however, it was very difficult when recording a song earlier. I could not sit or stand for long periods. This affected the filming of Fight Crime and my dancing; I can no longer be chok. Fortunately, there are not too many action sequences in Fight Crime.”

“In March, I will be performing a concert in Australia concert. I will need to get an epidural steroid injection to control the pain.” Although Raymond’s parents were deeply worried about him, they did not force him to retire from the entertainment industry.

Excerpt from Ming Pao and Oriental Daily

Jayne: Raymond looks pale and in pain from the above photos. Sounds like a long suffering condition. Only true rest will make him feel better, not stronger pain killers.

181 comments to Raymond Lam Suffers Extreme Back Pain, Unable to Rise From Bed

1. looooo says:

Gosh, this is not good for hk showbiz industry

Login or Register before you can reply to looooo

Back pain affects fertility? I was more concerned with whether it will eventually affect his spine and his mobility!

• simplitee replied:

Stupid reporters are heartless to ask such questions.

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee
    • TVBFanatic replied:

Well, it shouldn’t affect fertility at all, but the act of procreation could be impacted 😛 maybe that’s what they were getting at?

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
      • josie replied:

Yes, the reporters asked Leo the same thing when he injured his waist. At least Leo has a long time gf who will stick by his side. But my LF is still single so it could possibly be a real concern for him. Poor guy.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
  3. NX says:

OK, here come again. He can only stop working after he lose his life.

• NX replied:

Last time when he could not get out of bed he even joked: “Maybe coz I’m too used to not having enough rest that when I get enough sleep the whole body system does not want to work anymore”. Sign….

• looooo replied:

Gosh , have you realise the top three male icon in hk music industry now are injured :-

eason = right kneecap injury (2012)

leo = waist and sciatica injury (2010)

LF = sciatica and neck injury (2012)

To much stress and not enough rest , i guess.

• NX replied:

Well, with LF, it’s not news at all. He has been suffering from various pain caused by heavy workload recent years. He’s a usual friend with the doctor, always asked for quick effect pain killed to get back to work immediately.

• NX replied:

LF will continue to work until he is not able to. Still remember the 2011 HKC concert when he kept dancing and bleeding at them same time; smiled, sang and casted blood all over the place.

• simplitee replied:

So professional! 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee
      • YanYanKong replied:

@looooo
        But why is it only males who has the probs when the female artists are in high high heels all the time? Joey had some prob with her back, but it wasn’t too serious since I think she’s not suffering from it anymore. Funny!

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
    • Funn Lim replied:

“He can only stop working after he lose his life.”

i KNOW HE HAS CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION BUT i AM SURE HERE IS AN ESCAPE CLAUSE IF HE IS SICK OR INJURED. iT IS IN THE END HIS CHOICE.

• NX replied:

There’s still a choice of using strong medicine with serious side effects to “get better and get back to work IMMEDIATELY”.

Last time with his necked injured, he only get 2 days off from work. Such a loooooooong rest.

• loooooo replied:

This song is dedicated to LF(get well soon)

Login or Register before you can reply to loooooo
    • looooo replied:

This is professional slavery.

The truth 😀

• Larry 3 replied:

He’s going to drop dead?

4. Meiyi says:

Yes Raymond needs a long rest not strong pain killers as its not good to depend on them. Better take good care of the back first. Work is never done, so Raymond, health is important.I am sure your Fans out there will understand that you need to have a long rest in order to be back in shape. God Bless You!

Login or Register before you can reply to Meiyi
    • HeTieShou replied:

It is so sad that Raymond has to work so hard… It’s not like he needs the money but I think he just wants to fulfill his work duties. I guess it is good to have work and be in high demand and all. However, if it affects your health this much then I don’t think that it is worth it. Health is everything since you can’t do anything without it. I wonder if Raymond ever thought about his health?? All of the wealth and riches in the world cannot buy back your health!!

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • NX replied:

He’s a perfectionist. A good but a bad characters at the same time.

• HeTieShou replied:

I personally don’t think being a perfectionist is necessary a good trait since NOTHING is perfect. You try your best, but whether it can be perfect or is perfect is a different story. You put stress on yourself and I don’t find that a good thing at all… As long as you try your best, that is the most important thing.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  5. Victoria says:

aww that rly sux for him. i hope he gets better and gets the chance to rest!

Login or Register before you can reply to Victoria
  6. Fox says:

He thinks he is young and strong enough to waste his life, I guess. He is just too reckless to himself.

• NX replied:

Yep, he’s too irresponsible for himself. But that’s his professional, can never talk him out of it. He cares too much for how he will affect others and ill-treated himself. Dummy.

• YanYanKong replied:

Atleast he’s not waisting his life in a bad way like those “Foo Yee Doi” / spoiled kids of rich dad (playboy). He’s actually wasting his life doing something meaningful, omething he’s passionate about and enjoys doing.

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
  7. simplitee says:

This won’t be good in the long term if he continues to not get sufficient rest. :/ This guy needs a break. Seriously.

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee
    • kixbaby replied:

he will have enough money for medical expenses later on in life 😉 no worries. work now and suffer later with money by your side.

Login or Register before you can reply to kixbaby
      • NX replied:

He already has money to support for the rest of his life, not a normal one, but a luxirious one. He doesnt have to work that hard to pay his medicine.

• sandcherry replied:

Money cannot always buy good health. Once his spine is injured, the chances of getting a complete recovery is not high at all.

I think it’s time for him to draw a line ….. risk his life to get fame and money, or take good care of his health first before moving on. Without good health, Raymond will not be able to enjoy his fame and money in future.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • Larry 3 replied:

He could hire a cheap masseuse to $ave money.

• exoidus replied:

LOL, why hire someone? Im sure his fans would do it for free…

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • NX replied:

@Larry, Exoidus: I would not be surprised if you two sing a merry song in someone’s funeral.

?

8. Yee says:

I hope he gets better…maybe after this drama he can have some time off to relax, but I doubt it due to his concert in Australia. But maybe he will, like Fala pulled out of Prominent Family, and took some time off and she looks fine. Everyone needs a break…

Login or Register before you can reply to Yee
    • NX replied:

TVB won’t let him. He did ask for work leave but has never been accepted.

• HeTieShou replied:

How come Fala got a break but he didn’t?? I guess it is because Fala isn’t as popular??

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • lol replied:

I wonder how Fala is able to get a holiday and pull out of series easily too

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • lychii04 replied:

I was wondering the same thing lol. His instance seems even more serious than hers. Maybe cos she’s got “backing” as well as “secretly married” so she doesnt even need to act and not as popular?

Login or Register before you can reply to lychii04
      • lol replied:

That’s it. Why is Fala given privilege to quit a series at the last minute and take a long break when her condition isn’t as serious as Raymond’s?

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • Vivien replied:

Fala got Neway’s heir as her backup ROFL

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
      • Yee replied:

Maybe because the series hasn’t started so Fala backingbout for some rest time was easier. Or because she was in a lot of pain…thought at the awards she looked fine. But since LF just started filming, if he were to pull put TVB would lost money re filming those scenes and finding someone else. Maybe they’ll cut his hours for the meantime. But TVB CAN’T FORCE HIM TO WORK. In the end, it’s his choice…well they cab indirectly force him…maybe I dunno

Login or Register before you can reply to Yee
      • exoidus replied:

In terms of backing he is unsurpassed!

Even though his acting is going downhill he is still much better than Fala. Fala’s acting is not even that good tbh. Her only selling point is her looks and if her face is ruined then it’s like killing the “golden goose” and fans will leave her.

On the contrary his fans are really loyal. Even if he can’t move anymore he can still played roles like “the four” or other characters that don’t require any movements (crime analyst etc.) Even if his face is ruined, die hard fans will still be their for him bc of his “eyes acting” hehe.

No wonder TVB didn’t cast him as a police officer earlier. The guy must be in very physical bad shape. So please TVB cast someone like Ruco, Rayong W. or even Wooden Ron since they will be able to wear the fake gear without getting injured, LOL.

Plese get well soon otherwise your fans will go crazy and hurt innocent people 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • Fox replied:

@exoidus: What you are saying is getting over. It is never a good thing for someone to have accident on work and can’t move anymore. What you are saying above is making yourself look like a very harsh person who is wishing the worst to come to someone.

• exoidus replied:

I was just trying to explain the difference between Fala and him.

Ofcourse I don’t want something bad to happen to him even though im not a fan.

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • Fox replied:

Then you shouldn’t say all the above things. They are harsh and disrespectful.

• NX replied:

@exoidus: Ok, you’ve passed the line. Making fun of others’ illness is not fun at all. Especially to someone who have done no harm to you.

Plese get well soon otherwise your fans will go crazy and hurt innocent people

I think you are the one who should get well soon. There is something called Karma. If you wish someone worst, the worst will come to you. So keep this in mind, it’s for your own good. In fact, I just have the feeling that you’re trying to hard to attack people that you have forgot what is called humanity.

• NX replied:

I was just trying to explain the difference between Fala and him.

You LOL at the news about someone could not get out of bed and suffering from serious pain. That is not a good scene to see at all!

• NX replied:

I was just trying to explain the difference between Fala and him.

Sorry for my double post.

• exoidus replied:

@NX

I was trying to say that he got really loyal fans and was trying to joke about as in the last sentence.

Where did I say that I wish him something bad? Gosh his fans are always so freaking sensitive like noone should never ever joke about him.

It seems that you are proving me last sentence right!

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • NX replied:

@exoidus: Even if you are laughing at a dog’s illness, I would question for your humanity. But oh well, you don’t know what it mean by the way you keep react.

• NX replied:

@Exoidus: If you feel fine with making jokes about other people’s illness then I have no more to say. Enjoy entertaining on others’ pain. Wish you all the best.

• exoidus replied:

@NX Tbh I don’t care if you question my humanity, however seeing the way you react you would probably kill anyone who dares to critize LF.

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • NX replied:

Exoidus: See? What all you care about is attacking other people anywhere, anyplace. You don’t care whether your humanity is questioned, you just care how to make other offense. But sorry, even I criticized LF myself, so you think I would commit suicide? No, thanks, I’m not at the extreme level you are in.

More importantly, criticizing someone and making jokes about one’s illness are two different stories my dear. Don’t mistake them for each other.

• exoidus replied:

NX: Why should I care if you question my humanity it’s not like you can make a verdict anyway.

I will say you are pretty extreme as I already told you that I was just trying to differentiate their respective values and that I don’t mean him any harm.

Maybe you should look more carefully as who is attacking who here…

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • Fox replied:

Here isn’t a matter about the criticism. You can criticize his look, his life style, his personality, his acting, etc. but making joke to anyone’s illness, it’s harsh and disrespectful. Anyone, LF or anyone else. If you say such thing to Linda or Kate or even TY (who I hate), I’ll say the same thing to you, so does other ppl.

• Fox replied:

Critiques may be constructive but making fun over others’ illness is uncompassionate.

• exoidus replied:

Again, I was only differentiate their respective values in a funny way, but I see that people might react and that’s why I said the last sentence.

I don’t want him any harm and sure I couldn’t influence it anyway.

Suppose I should’ve have been more thouhgtful I can see that.

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • Fox replied:

Now you see the problem but you are still not thoughtful enough. Again, you are insulting his fans with the mentioned last sentence. You are assuming you are the innocent ppl who we are bullying? PLEASE! Whoever do anything harm to you or touch to any of your hair? Ridiculous. I tried to let this quote go when you first posted it, but now you mention of it again, I now want to point you how harsh you was.

Your funny way, it isn’t funny at all. And what I and NX tried to tell you were: You should be more thoughtful with wording or you will make yourself look bad. There is a border for anything and don’t pass the line. That’s all.

• NX replied:

A big clap for Fox, what she said is exactly what I mean. Please be more responsible with your word.

• exoidus replied:

I will try to be more thouhgtful next time Fox as I can understand what you are saying.

NX if you had said it like Fox I would have accepted it already.

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • NX replied:

OK, if you have trouble read between the lines then next time I’ll make it less complicated and say it direct to your face: Don’t ever make fun of anyone’s illness, it’s only make you look bad, really bad.

• Hannah replied:

Fala and Raymond are in different situations.

Fala didn’t start filming for PF yet while Raymond is in the middle of filming his new series.

And, Fala didn’t have any other work. Raymond has too many things going on – shooting series, music, etc.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
      • HeTieShou replied:

WOW, you guys must be big fans of Ray to get so mad at Exoidus. I have been talking to Exiodus for awhile and she doesn’t seem like that type of person that has no humanity. I guess you guys are just too sensitive since you like Raymond so much. I read what Exoidus wrote and I don’t think it is as bad as you guys think. I think if you really really like Ray and are a die hard fan then it would offend you more, but if you aren’t and are more neutral then it wouldn’t be as bad…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou

HTS,

I also don’t think Exoidus is that bad too..

and Exoidus is a guy lol not gurl

• HeTieShou replied:

I also want to add that I do agree that it is NOT good to make fun of anyone’s illness or joke about certain things… There are many things that should not be joked about. But anyways, I hope that you guys can all forgive Exoidus and just move on… I am sure that she did not mean it in that way since she doesn’t seem like that type of person…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • HeTieShou replied:

@Veejay,
        Thanks for your post Veejay! Oh sorry, I did not know that Exiodus is a guy. I always thought that he was a girl.. Just like I used to think that you were a guy. Sorry about that…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou

haha, that’s okay. 🙂

I actually feel that they were a little too angry over exoidus, even if Exoidus meant it as joke, I’m sure he doesn’t wants LF to be sick. I guess that’s what they called loyal fans.. (its just too frightening imo)

• HeTieShou replied:

@Veejay,
        Yea, I have seen how big and loyal fans get so I know firsthand how it is. They are extra sensitive compared to others that it gets scary…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Veejay replied:

yup scary is the word hehe

I guess we’ve stop chatting about LF’s loyal fans or else they will hitting on us later 🙂

• NX replied:

I think it’s you guys who are over sensitive when all going around saying that only because I like LF, I react that way. I have said already, even if this is about a dog, I would do the same thing. There is something called “do the right thing at the right place”. If you agree with me this news is not funny at all, then why trying to make jokes out of LFfans again? Be more thoughtful with your word since I know that you all know how to think.

If you feel “scary” and you are smart enough, you should know where to stop. Actually the matters have been over and exoidus knows what we mean, why do you guys have to dig it up and make mean jokes again?

@NX,

ok, I’m not trying to get involve or protect anyone here but judging from Exoidus’ post there, I don’t see any hostility towards LF at all. Exoidus even wishes LF can recover soon etc. Maybe the last sentence of Exoidus’ posting may sounds a bit sarcasm on his fans will hurt the innocents but I’m sure he was just joking with yall. So let’s just forget about this and move on, ok?

• Veejay replied:

And what’s the mean jokes that “WE” made?

• Funn Lim replied:

I don’t think Exoidus need to apologise for what is a small remark blown big by overzealous fans who can’t take any comment except the most sunshine rainbow and apple pie comments about their idol. Some has said worse things abt everybody else. Moreover this is not a Raymond Lam fan club, that would be wrong. This is a common forum. What Exoidus said isn’t too out of way or taboo. It is a statement.

• Nicole replied:

I thought that in his post, Exoidus was very much praising Ray.

Even though his acting is going downhill he is still much better than Fala.

Ray’s acting hasn’t been going well, as we know that he’s overworked and sick. When he’s well rested, he will definitely be able to pull of a worthy performance. yet Exoidus does admit that Ray’s acting is good, and way better than Fala, even when he’s sick. And then he continues to criticise Fala and her “traitor” fans.

Admits that Ray is really popular with fans, and have die hard fans, unlike those of Fala whom he had compared with. And also comes to the consensus that his acting is good enough for just “eyes acting”.

But, there has been quite a bit of bad blood between exoidus and LF fans like Fox and NX.
        @VeeJay, when you said “ok, I’m not trying to get involve or protect anyone here but judging from Exoidus’ post there, I don’t see any hostility towards LF at all.“, this is what I feel.
        The slightest thing may cause them to misunderstand, due to previous “jokes and snark” exoidus has directed towards LF. Thus while the comment may not be the cause, it’s definitely the catalyst.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • Fox replied:

Sorry for the late reply. I’ve busy yesterday.

@HTS, Veejay, Funn: What I tried to point out to Exoidus, I said all above. It isn’t a matter to me if you think this post doesn’t have a problem because I pointed out the matter I saw in his/her post. So what is so wrong in here? You have your view and I also have mind. I said, it isn’t nice to make fun of ANYONE’s illness. That’s ok? If it isn’t LF but anyone else, even a dog like NX said, I’ll also say the same thing.

You can think of me as an overzealous fans, welcome. Not a big deal. You think you guys are not? Also not a big deal. In fact, me, exoidus and NX all let go the problem UNTIL you guys get butt in? So what is the problem in here and why you think we can’t let go? Or you just want to put some oil in a fire?

Here is an open forum, all of us understand. Nobody have any problem with it. So why can’t anyone point out a problem we found in a post? I saw you all do such thing, and so do I. The sameeeeeee.

In the end of the day, I repeat again: No doubt that you guys all can make the criticism to anything about anyone, and so do I. But I believe it isn’t a good thing to make fun of someone’s illness that can affect their life so much. However, if you think it is a good thing to do, go ahead and do so. Your business. But I’ll comment you. Done.

• Funn Lim replied:

Fox, I don’t appreciate your reply and it seems you have double standard. From now on I will not reply to your posts. Any reply will be indirect response to someone else’s. Whatever I want to say you pointed out yourself but it seems when it comes to YOUR opinion you don’t take the same view. So be it.

• Fox replied:

@Funn: If you think so then welcome, I won’t never reply to your post from now on. In this last post to you, I want to point that:

Is also something you did, do and doing.

@Veejay
        And what’s the mean jokes that “WE” made?

This is one:

When did a LF’s loyal fan hit you, hurt you? Who? Or are you accussing them of what they have not done?

For sometimes, I have the feeling that you care about LF than any loyal fans he has. And not only care for LF, you also put great care for his fans. Why do you need to care so much? Are you LFfan’s loyal fans? Its just too frightening imo!

I guess that’s what they called loyal fans.. (its just too frightening imo)

If you called being pissed off by seeing someone making unthoughtful jokes about someone else’s illness is being the later’s loyal fan, then do you mean I am a loyal fan of a dog too? Sorry, if you were being make fun of because of your illness, I’ll react the same way, that does not mean I’m your fan.

I’m not trying to get involve or protect anyone here

Exoidus knows what happen, we have come to a compromise, why do you have to comment? When you comment, you automaticly be involved in. The most funny thing is, the insiders have already solved the problem, then you suddenly appear and give comments to dig up the matter, and then say forget about it and move on. It’s not a drama and you’re not the director. After watching, you jump in make comments, then you say cut? If then, don’t say anything from the begining.

Btw, I have never said you are “protecting” anyone, you are saying out your own thought?

In addition, there’s something I want to make it clear again.

The fact that I like an artist does not mean that I idolize him or her. You go ahead criticize him on whatever you want, have I ever said that: don’t say he looks ugly, don’t say his acting is not good, blah blah blah, ??? I said: don’t make fun of his illness or anyone’s illness.
        He’s nothing angel but he’s human and he need to have least respect that a human should have. I think you have agreed with me on this point.

• akazuki replied:

some has said worse things abt everybody else
        R u talkin’ bout urself?

Login or Register before you can reply to akazuki
      • Funn Lim replied:

akazuki

I have, but not specifically on Raymond

@Nx,

I see you’ve misinterpreted most of my meanings.

1)What I meant by “hitting” doesn’t naturally mean as pyshically hitting or pyschically hurting of any individual. I meant was LF’s fan might get offended and backfires us later as in scolding. mean word is when I curse someone horribly like I wish “so and so” die etc etc.

And like Jayne already mentioned, I was not trying to put fire into oil but i was trying to express my personal view on Exoidus comment and others. That’s not called adding oil to fire.

but when you say exoidus keeps making fun of LF’s illness etc etc..I really don’t see that in his post. I saw he even wish LF to have a speedy recovery and even praised his acting ability..

lastly i really think you’re beyond sensitive when u said “LF’s fans will be hitting on us later” is a mean word..

• Funn Lim replied:

Veejay,

“hitting on us” can mean

1. flirt with us
        2. chasing after us with a spatula and hitting our heads

I wonder, which is which? Depending which is scarier to you, I believe no. 1 is more mean, no. 2 is quite a normal reaction.

@Funn,

thanks I missed that out haha.

but I’m definitely not trying to say LF’s fans will be flirting with us.

I think 1) too is scarier than no. 2) because I don’t expect online ppl to be hitting on me as in flirting with me over some comments. But why is it you think No. 1 is mean? (the one flirting)..

• Funn Lim replied:

Because and this is a joke (need to put disclaimer these days!) whilst they’re doing 1, innately they wanna do 2!!

• exoidus replied:

@HTS, Veejay & Funn

Thanks guys for being understanding with regards to my post, I really appreciate it.

Nicole, im very surprised that you are being so rational and able to see my true intention consindering that you are a fan.

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • HeTieShou replied:

@Fox,
        I agree with Funn and I think that you do have a double standard… It seems like it all comes down to what your opinion is and not anyone else’s. But think what you like and I have seen big fans act the way that you do… They get over emotional when anyone says anything “bad” about their idol, which is why I am not a 1 idol worshipper or worship idols anymore. Even if I did, I am more open about it and can accept what others say about them. I would also accept their good and bad because if you can’t then you are not a true fan but a blind fan…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Fox replied:

@HTS: Since it changed to another topic, I can reply you. LMAO~, yes the way you react toward my words is simply similar to the way I reacted toward yours You don’t find it is a matter, I find. You find mine is a matter, I don’t. This is the resemble points of us and something we agree. So, I guess now you can understand me very well and in the end of the day, it is nothing new. Bonus that if you say he is fugly (for example), I have no problem since beauty is on the eyes of beholder and I also don’t think his look (except his eyes) is anything too special :P.

• NX replied:

Dunno. But he submitted several work leave proposals but end up be denied. He has been asking for a 2 months break since 2010 but never succeeded.

• simplitee replied:

He should scare them by quitting. If they still dont let, then dont even bother working for them (even though i am a fan of Raymond) but knowing LF, he wont do this.

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee
      • kixbaby replied:

really? oh wow, what a messed up company. I guess his popularity’s on the rise so they don’t want to lose money. I thought he was just stupid about his health, but it’s his company ;(

Login or Register before you can reply to kixbaby
      • josie replied:

Well, he does have 2 bosses- tvb and eeg. Maybe each side wants him to take time off on the other company’s time. Like tvb says u can rest after u finish this series. Then eeg says wait til u finish this album and concert.

Anyway, I hope LF gets better soon. Poor baby, I wish he had a nice gf to take care of him or

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
      • looooo replied:

WE all know that LF is tvb ‘s tree of fortune.Need him to maximise hefty of wealth to cultivate’s company’s fortune

He can’t say NO to 620. 😀

• looooo replied:

If 620 love LF, she should allow him to have sufficient rest. He is famous and popular enough to have a decent rest and would not effect his status in this industry

• Larry 3 replied:

620 is an evil witch. A control freak.

• Fox replied:

Wow again @ 620. Other than being very powerful, now she can control the world, LOL. Next time, maybe we will see she flies =)).

• Jayne replied:

It would be great if everyone exercises more thoughtfulnesses into their comments. If you have been offended by others’ comments, we should also examine our own and perhaps whether it has crossed the line or not.

Exoidus has been a long timer on this site and his recent remarks and the reaction it generated naturally aroused people’s concern. Funn, veejay and HeTieShou were only trying to help the situation by offering their perspective and given this is an open type of forum, anyone can jump in and offer their take on matters. Their intention is to offer their help and why should their efforts be criticized and essentially be blasted?

Many long timers here have made their artist likes and dislikes known many times in the past and will no doubt continue to do so. the respect you hope and ask for other people to have towards your favorite artists should be an courtesy that you practice yourself as well. In essence, if you are rude towards other artists and making a concerted effort every chance you get to drag down their reputation (which may border as malicious intent) yet asking for others to respect your favorite artists that is indeed unfair.

We are here because of our love for hk entertainment and while everyone has their preferences, there is no need to jump on each other.

Rather be so ready to criticize others, we should do our own part well. Exercise respect towards others if we wish our own artists and interests to be respected.

Rather than continue to call people out and generate ill feelings, let’ s all drop the issue and move on.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayne
      • Fox replied:

I hope you can see the above matter in other aspect that all of exoidus, me and NX solved the matters between us and all accept to move on before HTS, Veejay and Funn Lim joined. So these actions might have a good intention but a bad timing.

In details, you basically have the same opinion with me about this but I’m more open. I don’t have a matter of criticism and like or dislike or hate someone is the own right of every single person. But I believe that everyone also have own standard and line. This line is supposed to not be passed. If this line is passed, it will come to an ill feeling. However, the standard of each person is different so you can’t define why someone is pissed off at something you find very normal. On the other hand, it seems to be the matter of two sides in a case only, and the involvement of third party, if is not in order to solve it, then shouldn’t appear. Besides, when the case is solved, any involvement, either stay in any side, will just make it worse. In the above case, the issue was already dropped and all moved on, but the involvement of HTS, Veejay, NX and Funn Lim made it again. I don’t deny that I was pissed off, not with exoidus anymore because our problem was solved but with the involvement of them in the very wrong timing. If their intention is help to stop the matter, then what to help in a solved case? That’s why they are being replied. For example, I now say that I see their blasts, is it a view and a help of me? Of course not.

The criticism is nothing wrong because all of us have something we like and something we dislike/hate. Can’t ask us to be hypocrite to praise something we dislike/hate very much. This thing is pretty normal.

Whatever, I’ve said enough. This one will be the very last time I post about the above topic. I don’t want anyone to be out so I hope nobody will continue to call me out. That’s all.

• ladeda replied:

@Fox, I don’t think you understood what Jayne wrote. Or maybe I just don’t understand what you write. I’m glad you’re not responding anymore to this.

Login or Register before you can reply to ladeda
      • josie replied:

@ladeda:

If u don’t want @fox to respond anymore, what was the point of your post?

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
      • Funn Lim replied:

I think she made her point rather clear.

• josie replied:

To take a jab at someone when u know they’re not going to respond?

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
      • Kidd replied:

ladeda just want to make his/her opinion know.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • Funn Lim replied:

Josie,

“To take a jab at someone when u know they’re not going to respond?”

How do you know someone is not going to respond? Ladeda made her opinion clear, whether anyone wants to reply or not it is that person’s choice. No clear rule to say person A says not gonna talk abt it and person B is stopped from saying anything.

• josie replied:

Funn,

B/c Fox already said she won’t post again on this topic and ladeda said “I’m glad you’re not responding anymore to this”.
        So it’s like taking a parting shot at someone b/c u know there will be no response.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
      • Larry 3 replied:

No offense josie, clearly you need to re-read Funn’s response again. ladeda’s point is straight forward. Nothing wrong with it.

• ladeda replied:

Hey josie,

I wasn’t trying to elicit Fox to respond, quite the opposite actually.

I just think she was making a mountain out of a molehill with the whole everyone joining in on a “solved matter” matter, so I’m glad she decided to agree to disagree and move on.

Login or Register before you can reply to ladeda
  9. Rika says:

Poor Raymond, hopes he get better soon 🙁

Login or Register before you can reply to Rika
  10. lol says:

I hope he gets better too. Luckily there’s not many action scenes that he needs to do in FC

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • josie replied:

Yeah, and hopefully Kate is not too rough on him if they have any love scenes.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie

Kate is going to rough Raymond Lam up in no time 😀

• Humour Me replied:

I hope not! That’s sickening.

Login or Register before you can reply to Humour Me
      • Veejay replied:

I think LF needs to wear a pad to cover his “groin” since its Kate who will be doing romantic scene with him (its his type of girl too imo, with those “S” shape and pouty lips)

• Fox replied:

Your humor sense is great, josie. But too bad not everyone can do like you and some is making it gross as a reply to you. What’s a pity to the joke.

• veejay replied:

Ure making Lf like he’s your husband now. Take it easy ok? It was just a joke 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to veejay

lol… funny & right. 🙂

• NX replied:

@Foxie baby: there are some people who try to hard to be funny but end up ridiculous. There are limits to every talents, including making jokes.

Josie: I don’t think Kate have any scene with him recently. He stick with Ella most of the time.

• josie replied:

Veejay,

If LF was Fox’s husband, I would be green w/ envy! 😉

I actually don’t mind your jokes but not sure what’s up w/ that exoidus dude. I call him out on his constant whining over “chok” and he tries to pretend he had altruistic motives. Even try to compare it to corporate fraud and rape. I think that is stooping too low.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
      • Fox replied:

@Veejay: Lol, you must say that I’m making josie like my husband now =)), if he is a guy :P, or wife if she is a girl. I admire her humour sense.

You are making me like your love rival now =)). Take thing easy, ok?

@Josie: Haha, we together can make a team. I dun mind because your great humour sense can make life with full of laugh. Nice life.

• NX replied:

Josie, I’m better than you, I’ll wish Fox the best with LF, haha…

11. ita says:

Health is the most important thing in life, Without health you won’t be able to enjoy all of the hard work and money. Back pain is serious thing. I’m quite surprise that he will take epidural injection. It could paralyze you if something went wrong.

Login or Register before you can reply to ita
    • simplitee replied:

He has no other choice. How is he going to perform in Australia with serious back pain? Not to mention, his LUML concert has a lot of dance moves. 😐 I worry for this guy.

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee

Drugs… problem solved. 😀

• simplitee replied:

Solved for now but not for long.

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee
  12. dragonia says:

Come to Malaysia and visit Dr Pang, a korean who heals all kinds of back pain with his hands only (tuina). His patients come from as far as Japan and New Zealand to seek treatment.
    ” PAIN BEFORE DR PANG
    NO PAIN AFTER DR PANG.” is his famous tagline.

Login or Register before you can reply to dragonia

dragonia,

Does this Dr. Pang charges costly?

Can Dr. pang heals any back pain due to nerve problem and etc?

• Larry 3 replied:

Is it a one day miracle?

13. Jayzemine says:

Wow, first neck injury now back, isn’t he too young to have such poor health! Those epidural steroid might create long term side effect, not a long term solution at all. No matter how professional or perfectionist, health is more important. Hope he gets some rest and recoup himself.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayzemine
    • Larry 3 replied:

He has a history of poor health; widely reported over his career, he can recover … or not.

14. Summer says:

I mean it is hard to have the best of both worlds and let alone the best of three worlds (music, tv, and film). I think he should take a long rest and get his health back. His back pain sounds really serious, it might affect his movement in the future. Fala chen also took a month of rest. Nick Cannon left his radio show to rest after serious health problem. I think LF’s body is telling him it reaches it limits. He can still attend events.

Login or Register before you can reply to Summer
    • looooo replied:

should consider quitting tv series.concentrate movie and music

• Larry 3 replied:

Then TVB is not happy if he quits tv series.

IMO, he should quit while he sucks further.

• Vivien replied:

Can’t help it. LF is too popular and TVB and EEG are milking and slaving him.

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
    • looooo replied:

when a rubber band stretch to hard , it will torn

• kixbaby replied:

i’m sure there will be lotion to moisturize it back into shape again

Login or Register before you can reply to kixbaby
      • looooo replied:

moisturise his back?

• Larry 3 replied:

More like moisturize his bad looking face.

• looooo replied:

His face feature infact look really tired and exhausted.Like he had not sleep for 36 hours

• Larry 3 replied:

Does Raymond Lam have a makeup team 24/7? He sure needs one.

• HeTieShou replied:

I am sure he does have a make up team but maybe he is so busy that he didn’t have time to sit there to have them bundle him up??

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  15. MARS says:

wish the best to fung and hope get better soon.

Login or Register before you can reply to MARS
  16. Vivien says:

Poor LF. TVB and EEG are cruel employers!

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
    • Veejay replied:

I think this is due to extreme pressure because i’ve the same problem too.

• looooo replied:

We all knew that become a famous celebrities have high stress indexs especially hk celebrities.e.g- alan tam refuse to accept JSG award at the age 35 ,leslie cheung quit showbiz at the age 33 before return 4 years later. Leon lai refuse to accept any hk award at the age 32.

• Veejay replied:

pressure can costs anything even incurable illness… I guess we just have to take life easy.

• exoidus replied:

@Veejay, you should try to take it easy then, sure its easier said than done though.

Perhaps you could try some spa treatments if you haven’t already. Yoga and meditation might also be good alternatives as well even though I haven’t tried it myself.

Swimming is supposed to be very good for the back and if you want to stress down my favorite is running 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • looooo replied:

no point winning tv king since LF had won asia pacific most popular hk singer for three consecutive years.

• veejay replied:

Thanks for those suggestions and im actually quite an easy goin person hence my constant jokes that upset some ppl here. I will exercise atleast 20 mins before to bed. Sorry im using mobile to chat, its quite difficult to actually type on a touch screen

Login or Register before you can reply to veejay
      • exoidus replied:

I really appreciate your jokes 🙂 however people are too serious and especially when it comes to their idols.

Well it sounds that you are doing proper exercise already so you certainly don’t need my help la.

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • Fox replied:

@Veejay: If you have back problem, don’t do exercise or you will make it worse. Ppl often think that exercise will help but not really in some cases, especially when it is relating to back.

• corea replied:

you have too much ***, *** less imo 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to corea
      • Fox replied:

@corea: Ok, the problem of pressure affecting back dun relate to sex.

17. ladeda says:

Has anyone been to the HK discussion board? People are implying the back pain is from too much “exercise” in bed. There are so many Raymond haters there. For every one fan he has, there are nine that will happily stab him to death with critism.

Login or Register before you can reply to ladeda
    • kixbaby replied:

well, it’s not illogical. usually the one on top has back pain. lmao.

Login or Register before you can reply to kixbaby
    • sandcherry replied:

Poor Raymond and stupid Raymond. He should never have picked this Mainland China doll to be his girlfriend. She ruined his future. Sorry for him. I think he is quite a nice and innocent guy.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • simplitee replied:

Just as heartless as the reporters..

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee
    • Fox replied:

Make fun of someone’s illness is never a good thing to do. BTW, whatever ppl do, the similar consequences will come. Haizz.

• Funn Lim replied:

Was he trying some kamasutra back flip whatever? Or some really energetic girl on top? It could be, could be. Come on, those aren’t haters. They’re just speculators, gossipers, that sort. Haters are those who says “I wish his spine moves” that sort of thing. Differentiate between pure gossip and malicious gossip.

• Funn Lim replied:

between he does look sick. Again he should take the initiative and just go for a long rest for a while. Like those hollywood stars who can say “I am off work for 2 years” as easily as saying “I will have a burger today”. I bet saying having a burger is more difficult!

• looooo replied:

you mean missionary?

18. Jk says:

A fan or not, should be respectful. Some of the things written only tell ppl that you are very ill-mannered.
    If I think like you ppl, then I would hope the things will come back to you.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jk
  19. Boscolie says:

Hope he get better soon. Wish him all the best in his concert n everything else. TAKE CARE LF

Login or Register before you can reply to Boscolie
  20. P. Tan says:

Raymond’s back problem is really serious and what Jane and some others of you say is true. He should not rely sole on drugs to keep off his pain, which, I hear, can be very excruciating. sounds like President JFK’s back problem and he had to wear a corset for his back most of the time. Raymond needs lots of rest, first of all and I think he should refrain from all strenuous activities which he is doing now while performing. Jumping on especially hard surfaces is bad on the knees and back. Even standing now hurts his back and shows how srious his condition is.

Login or Register before you can reply to P. Tan
    • Veejay replied:

He needs a long vacation and nerve treatment because its really painful which I’m currently encountering. Pressure and poor health management are usually the one that contributed to this problem.

• Funn Lim replied:

Drugs is not a solution. He can get hooked on it. I think his situation sounds like George Clooney’s? He needs surgery and rest. Like I said, I am sure there is an escape clause in his contract. It is whether he is willing to sacrifice his earnings and fame for a year or 2.

• Fox replied:

Hey in this case surgery is very dangerous. 30% to die immeadiately.

21. sandcherry says:

Raymond, you`d better do something to take care of your body. Otherwise, you will regret in future.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry

He did regret it… Mavis Pan

Ha!

22. YanYanKong says:

I dunno if It was a coincidence for me, but nice ad on this page. It’s an ad for curing back pains. Fits right in with this article. Lols.

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
  23. sandcherry says:

“It’s an ad for curing back pains. Fits right in with this article.” ….. Where is the ad? I did not see it!

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • Larry 3 replied:

You can only see the ad when you mention, back pain on the responses.

BACK PAIN!

thanks Google Adsense

• YanYanKong replied:

love your ad!!

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
    • YanYanKong replied:

it’s at the top left, right beside the picture of Raymond. Or maybe not every person who goes on this site can see ads?

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
  24. Kidd says:

“Only true rest will make him feel better, not stronger pain killers.”

I agree with you, Jayne. Raymond need a long good rest. Him working like this will only worsen his condition. It’s not worth it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  25. Mei says:

I’m worried for Raymond, He should see an acupuncturist, it could be his kidneys channels are blocked causing muscle spasm on the back. This is what happens when move stars dont sleep regulary and work too hard. I truly think Raymond is one of the few who are kind and works very hard because they enjoy their work and not all for money.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mei
    • YanYanKong replied:

But how can you enjoy your work when you are in so much pain?

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
      • Fan replied:

Lam Fung, please take good care of yourself. Health is Wealth. Everyday, I will pray for you. God Bless You.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fan