Raymond Lam Will Only Kiss Kate Tsui in “Fight Crime”

By on February 2, 2012 in NEWS, TV Dramas

Raymond Lam (林峯), Kate Tsui (徐子珊), and Ella Koon (官恩娜) filmed in Sheung Wan for their new TVB drama, Fight Crime <雷霆掃毒>, yesterday. Raymond attracted a large crowd of fans requesting autographs and photos. A bakery proprietress smiled widely upon recognizing Raymond at her store. She offered to treat Raymond to free bread, but he refused, “No, business is still business.” Their disagreement over money went back and forth. Finally, Raymond succeeded in paying for his bread.

After completing their outdoor scene for Fight Crime, Ella and Kate boarded the TVB van to change into another set of costumes. Despite being criticized for his “undeserved” wins of Jade Solid Gold’s “Asia-Pacific Most Popular Male Singer Award” and the JSG “Golden Melody Gold Award” in January, Raymond was surrounded by a large group of fans. Raymond complied with their requests for photos and autographs in a friendly manner. It appeared that his popularity was not impacted his recent negative rumors.

Ella Unafraid of Encountering Ex-Flame Again

Recording for the Jade Solid Gold program earlier, Ella was asked whether she was afraid that she will run into ex-flame, Ron Ng (吳卓羲), at TVB City. Ella immediately changed the topic, “Aside from work, I rarely pay attention to anything else.” (Will you greet Ron Ng?) “I will say hello to everyone I know upon seeing them.”

Despite sharing numerous scenes with Raymond Lam in Fight Crime,  Ella was unafraid of generating romantic rumors. Ella revealed, “In the drama, Raymond will only kiss Kate Tsui and not me!” (Is your boyfriend afraid of you encountering Ron Ng again?) “My actions are upright and I have nothing to be afraid of! My boyfriend will not ask me about my work.”

Source: Oriental Daily

Jayne: Raymond does attract a mob wherever he goes. As I suspected earlier, Raymond and Kate will have kissing scenes. Will he be kissing her while she is pregnant with another man’s baby? Presumably Michael Miu’s baby? I don’t think TVB has filmed any seduction scenes between a pregnant woman with a man who is not the father of her baby. Perhaps this may be the first time, in an attempt to generate some controversy for the series.

116 comments to Raymond Lam Will Only Kiss Kate Tsui in “Fight Crime”

1. Yee says:

Did he cut his hair? It looks weird…

Login or Register before you can reply to Yee
    • Magic replied:

Not as bad as his hair in MOL. 😉

Login or Register before you can reply to Magic
    • Yee replied:

But his bangs are like gone…that’s been his staple for the past like five years…it just seems like a weird length for bangs. But his hair in MOL was not bad…

Login or Register before you can reply to Yee
      • lol replied:

I like this new hair. This hair is suitable because it will be weird for a police officer to have bangs.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • YanYanKong replied:

Ray said in an interview that he cut his hair to suit his role in this drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
      • Yee replied:

But then he said he looked like a teen, so he had to let his mustache grow…lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Yee
  2. Kidd says:

Sigh. Why Kate has to kiss in every series since LOO?

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
    • NX replied:

Coz that’s her selling point. Simple.

• lychii04 replied:

Haha that’s why I thought the title meant “only” kissing scenes with kate, nothing more passionate! Then I realise they mean only with her not Ella.

Login or Register before you can reply to lychii04
      • NX replied:

Yah true, I was looking for a hot bed scene, but seems no. LF never had a proper bedscene.

• lychii04 replied:

He had one with Myolie in Master of Tai Chi. I prefer the way that was implemented rather than BoKa in LOO (where it was more for publicity) because it was part of the storyline (and was emotional hehe)

Login or Register before you can reply to lychii04

Well, but even that I’m not consider as a proper BS ^^

• Funn Lim replied:

The so called hot scene in LOO wasn’t that hot. She looked like a dead corpse underneath bosco and I couldn’t help but thought not sexy at all, as in bosco and her. Kate alone is sexy. Kate and someone else not sexy because the other person no sexy. I still think why the cap? Take off the bloody cap! I could quite imagine a female character kissing and still holding onto her handbag because even when arguing in own home, the woman is still clutching her handbag. I was like drop the darn handbag. Same as men with their jacket.

• lol replied:

because her acting is lacking.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • Larry 3 replied:

Because TVB is Totally Very Bad.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
  3. Hannah says:

looking forward to see this series because Ella hehe

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
  4. Janelle says:

i dun like kate at all..hope ella character will be more outcome than kate..

Login or Register before you can reply to Janelle
  5. wtffan12 says:

wasn’t roger kwok and keving chen supposed to be in this series?

Login or Register before you can reply to wtffan12
  6. MARS says:

Raymond Lam is sexy and hot.

Login or Register before you can reply to MARS
  7. malmal says:

His image is getting more mandom and rugged. Good for him for trying a versatile role

Login or Register before you can reply to malmal
    • Yee replied:

FINALLY.

Login or Register before you can reply to Yee
      • simplitee replied:

FINALLY FINALLY.

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee
    • lol replied:

it’s good to see a more rugged Raymond 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
  8. Vivien says:

LF image for this series look good and new. Good for him.

9. DC says:

I want Ray and Ella =[[
    Love his new look though xD

Login or Register before you can reply to DC
    • Vivien replied:

Ya his new look is more manly. Good job at LF for change his image for the role

• YanYanKong replied:

That’s why he called it the “Man Chok” LOLs

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
  10. anoninhk says:

for a minute there, i thought the guy in the photo was jet li..

Login or Register before you can reply to anoninhk
    • RayIan replied:

Yup,sometimes he also look like Louis Koo or Ekin Cheng

Login or Register before you can reply to RayIan
  11. Marianne says:

I honestly don’t like seeing Kate’s kissing scenes.. she tries too hard to look sexy but she comes across looking ***** and fake.

Login or Register before you can reply to Marianne
  12. josie says:

Oh please, don’t let ray be Kate’s baby daddy!

Hopefully they’ll add a kiss scene w/ ella too. Fans want variety too, ya know!

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
    • malmal replied:

That would be ideal and fair for LF since ron and linda had few kissing scene. LF should kiss ella

Login or Register before you can reply to malmal
    • Vivien replied:

Maybe Kate do it with both LF and Michael and make the two guys don’t know whose baby it is and we get melodrama of LF and the baby

• Vivien replied:

or maybe LF is the dad but to make it dramatic Kate lied to him until near the climax

• Malmal replied:

Then it will be a comedy rather than action pack drama

Login or Register before you can reply to Malmal
      • NX replied:

Was there a news said that LF wasnt K’s baby’s daddy?

@NX

then my 3rd story will.apply that LF still love Kate no matter what

• NX replied:

Don’t make me cry Vivian T_T.

@NX

Why crying? I thought you like Kate? unlike me who think she can’t act and not pretty LOL

• NX replied:

It’s not Kate’s problem. I just don’t want LF to be the “love a girl no matter what”.

• Vivien replied:

Only Kate lucky to get hot kiss with LF because Kate more loved by TVB. Too bad Ella you’re not TVB and 620 daughter

• lol replied:

About Ella and 620 relationship, I remember that 620 had a row with Ella after she blurted out about a married salty actor in RDOV.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • NX replied:

Hope that the kiss is not a gentle polite one!

• NX replied:

The type that LF often have in TVB series. Go Kate, go! Grab the guy!

@NX

ROFL Kate already got the guy LF without trying! Being TVB favourite daughter is good!

• lychii04 replied:

Now I.wonder of that married salty pork is Joe Ma? :/

Login or Register before you can reply to lychii04

@Vivian: I meant physically in the series 🙂 Haha

• YanYanKong replied:

I was thinking that in the drama, Kate’s baby would end up being Rays’. But you never know. They prob don’t even know yet cause the script is still in process of being written.

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
      • simplitee replied:

Maybe she’s faking the pregnancy. Now that’s also a possibility.

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee
  13. Vivien says:

Or maybe LF don’t care who’s the dad and willing to take Kate

• Malmal replied:

That will be damn stupid

Login or Register before you can reply to Malmal

No lame script please T_T

• Yee replied:

That sounds like the Gossip Girl plot…maybe Kate will stay away from Ray due to a promise to God…just like Blair did for Chuck…

Login or Register before you can reply to Yee

@Yee

Kate might love LF but stay away because she know her status as a drug queen and LF is a cop.

• Yee replied:

That would be common sense.

Login or Register before you can reply to Yee
  14. simplitee says:

Gimme some SAUCY LF scene pleaseeeee.

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee
    • simplitee replied:

scenes* … the more, the better. 😉

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee
    • lol replied:

lol. Maybe Raymond can bare off some skin and muscles if there are saucy scenes coming up.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
  15. samatha says:

I do not find Raymond attractive and cannot understand what fans see in him. Some Korean celebrities are like 10 times better looking then he is, eg: Goong Yoo, Kwon Sang Woo,Daniel Henney (Euroasian).

Login or Register before you can reply to samatha
    • Grace replied:

He’s not only known for his looks.
      His acting is very good as well.
      Fans love that!!
      Plus he really has got “background”
      So he’s like a real modern prince charming.
      Love his eyes!

Login or Register before you can reply to Grace
      • YanYanKong replied:

His Eyes!!! I can see wrinkles around them. He no longer has the LF eyes as Wong Jo Lam calls it.

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
    • NX replied:

“…cannot understand what fans see in him.”
      Because u’re not his fans, simple!

• lol replied:

lol it’s actually right. There’s a reason why fans become fans and non fans may not see it.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • NX replied:

If they see it, they may become fans LOL

• Vivien replied:

You don’t like don’t mean other people think the same. Looks and acting are subjective

• Vivien replied:

You don’t like LF don’t mean other people think the same. Looks and acting are subjective

• lol replied:

yes. Someone may be ‘hot’ for some people’s eyes, but not so hot or even ugly in other people’s eyes.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • lol replied:

It’s all depend on taste.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • simplitee replied:

Again, the quote of ‘beauty is in the eye of the beholder’

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee
    • miu_miu replied:

First,I sure that you absolutely not LF’s fans b/c you haven’t known how he dimensions according to fans.He’s friendly,compromise, kind,and so on.
      second,LF really attractive not only his not looking but also his actng and personal character.
      Finally,”Some Korean celebrities are like 10 times better looking then he is, eg: Goong Yoo, Kwon Sang Woo,Daniel Henney (Euroasian).” it’s just your subjective opnion,and i don’t think it’s true.Base on each person,they will have many different kinds of comment,like you and me.

Login or Register before you can reply to miu_miu
    • release replied:

samantha,

you will be impressed with LF when you see this clips .You will know how charming and suave is him along with his impressive vocals and actings.

Login or Register before you can reply to release
    • YanYanKong replied:

I like Ray’s acting and singing, but I don’t get why all these girls are going all crazy about him. I don’t think he’s that good looking. Actually, I think all the siu sangs right now are all not that good looking, but yet girls think they are so handsome and scream at the sight of them. Puke!

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
      • Kidd replied:

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • NX replied:

I even thought he was ugly in the past haha. Even he himself does not think he’s handsome. However now I think he sometimes handsome (yeah sometimes), but most of the time, he more of a cutie pie to me.

And yeah, can never agree more with Kidd.

• simplitee replied:

Why Raymond’s so popular even though he’s not good looking? Simply because they’re not shallow and there’s always a saying that ‘beauty is in the eye of the beholder’. I hate it so much when people compare him with Korean artiste (which i find horribly feminine (guys) and fake (girls) but since this is off topic, i won’t comment much.

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee
      • Grace replied:

Haha… those girlie boys are not everyone’s cup of tea!

Login or Register before you can reply to Grace
      • Ribb replied:

ohh gosh, so right, I dun like men who are prettier than me toooo. … ha ha ha … Pretty korean males … move aside pls .. LOLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Login or Register before you can reply to Ribb
      • Veejay replied:

Have you seen LF crying during the PSS incident? that was pretty girlie too..

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
      • josie replied:

Veejay,

He’s not girly, just sensitive… makes me wanna give him a hug.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
      • Funn Lim replied:

Hug ah? Frankly I would think a slap on the hand is better. You know, like *slap**slap* Next time ah Ray chai, be more careful lar in choosing who you sleep on the bed with!

• josie replied:

Well, I guess slap on the hand is better than slap to the face. But I think I prefer slap to the “pat pat”. The poor boy’s been punished enough.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
      • Funn Lim replied:

Josie, you administering the slap perhaps?!?

• josie replied:

Well, I suggested hug first. U insisted slap so I compromised w/ spank. I suppose I could do it but only b/c I’d be gentle on him.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
      • Fox replied:

@ veejay: have you ever seen?

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • DC replied:

That shows that the fans doesn’t just like him for his looks.

Login or Register before you can reply to DC
    • Nicole replied:

Furthermore, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don’t even find Goong Yoo or Kwong sang Woo good looking. So I think Ray is 10x better looking than them. Ok?

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
      • Yee replied:

True dat!

Login or Register before you can reply to Yee
      • release replied:

My question is how do you know korean artist is good actor if you do not understand korean language just simply referring to subtitles or chinese dubbing? i have seen few french movies in the past. i cannot differentiate how good is their acting skills if they express their line just simply refering on subtitles , only the french directors on their directorial debut, where I can differentiate. LF already consider semi veteren for 12 years in tv industry so i have no doubt on his acting abilities.

Login or Register before you can reply to release
    • lychii04 replied:

Different ideals of beauty. I don’t find Ray super hot but he’s decent. I personally don’t find KSW, GY or Daniel Henney super hot either. I think Dennis Oh is the hotter half Korean.

Login or Register before you can reply to lychii04
    • Fox replied:

May I ask you who is Goong Yoo and Daniel Henney? I only know Kwon Sang Woo :). I see talents in him :), through his eyes.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  16. pretty says:

Yaaaaaaaaaay ! Kate and Raymond !

Login or Register before you can reply to pretty
  17. milo josie says:

Thanks for all the comments. I always have fun reading….i like Raymond, too…

Login or Register before you can reply to milo josie
  18. YanYanKong says:

It’s so funny when I read about Raymond refusing to accept the free bread and the disagreement went back and forth until finally he succeeded in paying for his bread. This is so opposite of what most chinese people do. They usually talk to the person and bargain to lower the cost of something or when they go to the market for groceries, they say all these things to force the person to give them a buch of green onions for free with their purchase.

Login or Register before you can reply to YanYanKong
    • simplitee replied:

It’s the same experience but with related people since i’ve experiences so many times with people pushing back and forth to pay for the bill (like after dinner..etc). As for buying stuff on the streets/shops, then yes.. total opposite.

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee

LF is good person

19. Veejay says:

is it only me or does anyone notice that LF seems have gotten fatter on the jaw part there.. I notice that he has always got a rather round jaw.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
    • simplitee replied:

He did mention that he ate a lot due to CNY.. with all the family reunion dinners and such.

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee
  20. subtleness says:

rumours that he might be one of those moles.. undercover cop? hope to see some breakthrough LF!!

Login or Register before you can reply to subtleness
    • subtleness replied:

btw, so sad how ella only crushes on him!! no sweet couple scenes? 🙁

Login or Register before you can reply to subtleness
    • Yee replied:

Oooo maybe Kates an undercover cop…

Login or Register before you can reply to Yee
    • Vivien replied:

LF undercover cop and fell in love with Kate during his job? this is interesting plot and has plenty character development for LF!

• Addy replied:

So is LF Kevin Cheng or Roger Kwok in the sales presentation trailer? I assumed Ben Wong would be the mole (Roger Kwok), because he mentioned in an interview that his character would dramatically change towards the end. If Michael Miu’s playing himself, lol, then that leaves LF to fill in KC’s spot in the trailer.

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy
      • Addy replied:

Then again, TVB might have completely changed the story line from the trailer LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy
      • Fox replied:

Doesn’t a matter. Trailer is trailer and series is series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  21. someone says:

He should film series like this than film movie.

I saw him in two movies and felt…bad. Comparing him to current level of HK movie actors, he needs lot lot and lot of improvement. Just stick to series and do it good first.

================
    I do no understand Chinese so do not bother listen to his songs but as I read there are levels in HK music industry (just sample):
    Lv1 – Jack Cheung

Lv2 – Eason Chan, Hacken Lee

Lv3 – Raymond Lam

Lv4 – Steven Ma

Lv5 – Kevin Cheng

Lv6 – Ron Ng

I do not know Korean either but I like the dance (SNSD – just seen them on an American Show) . If Raymond wants to go world-wide, he should learn from them.

==================
    People say he is a good/nice or bad person only based on single news: you are right!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to someone
    • subtleness replied:

you should watch the sorcerer and the white snake. it is way better than the other 2 crappy movies.. especially the emerald and the pearl which was wtf, waste of time.

Login or Register before you can reply to subtleness
    • release replied:

LF is already heading in the right track. The first two movie just a low budget movies as a stepping stone from silver screen transit to big screen. I believe LF ‘s target is to become tv king before fully concentrate on movie career

Login or Register before you can reply to release
    • TVBFanatic replied:

if you liked SNSD dancing… you also might like T’ARA

And you know, not just the girls can dance… check out Super Junior… Maybe Raymond can learn from their choreographer.

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
  22. Fox says:

I rmb somewhere say that the tummy of Kate is actually fake.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • DC replied:

Didn’t she say that’s where she put her guns? =b

Login or Register before you can reply to DC
      • Yee replied:

Didn’t she mean that as a joke?

Login or Register before you can reply to Yee
    • simplitee replied:

That was said during the sales presentation.

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee
      • simplitee replied:

I meant costume fitting.

Login or Register before you can reply to simplitee
      • Fox replied:

So actually she isn’t pregnant?

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox