Selena Li Denies Plastic Surgery Rumors

By on May 29, 2013 in NEWS

TVB’s summer romance drama Slow Boat Home <情越海岸線> is sailing smoothly. The drama has earned generally positive reviews and favorable ratings. Monday night’s episode even peaked at 30 points, making it one of TVB’s more successful series in recent months. Yesterday, cast members Raymond Wong (黃浩然), Selena Li (李詩韻), Oceane Zhu (朱璇), and Elaine Yiu (姚子羚) attended a promotional event at a seafood restaurant in Sai Kung. Dressed in fun summer outfits, the cast played games with live seafood and posed for group photos. When speaking to the press, Selena Li denied recent plastic surgery reports, and revealed her close friendship with rumored love rival Kayi Cheung (張嘉兒).

Since breaking up with former flame Patrick Tang (鄧健泓) in 2010, Selena has poured all of her energy into her career and her beauty school. During an earlier interview, Selena shared that she was in an underground relationship with an unnamed man for a year but the two ultimately parted ways due to personality differences.

Recently, the media dug up old photos and claimed that Selena has performed nose surgery in order to improve her love life and attract wealthy bachelors. According to Chinese fortune-tellers, a woman with a high, plump nose will bring her husband prosperity. When asked to address the rumors, Selena calmly explained that she has not received any cosmetic surgery and advised the public to take the report with a grain of salt. “Those photos are from a few years ago… my family and I all have high noses… When I was a teenager I broke my nose while playing basketball and didn’t get treatment. My doctor did advise me to have my nose fixed, but I am really afraid of pain. I also didn’t find it necessary; I was afraid that if anything goes wrong I would have to live with the mistake for the rest of my life. Honestly everyone has flaws; nobody is perfect. I have not had anything done to any part of my body.”

Selena then jokingly thanked the tabloids for pointing out that she looks more beautiful than ever. She added that the paparazzi followed her several times last month but were only able to catch her exercising with friend Kayi Cheung. Since Kayi is a rumored girlfriend of Selena’s former love Patrick Tang, reporters questioned Selena about their friendship. Selena replied with confidence, “I am certain that she is not dating Patrick Tang.”

Source: Ming Pao; Apple Daily

This article is written by Katrine for JayneStars.com.

32 comments to Selena Li Denies Plastic Surgery Rumors

1. pandamao says:

she looks the same to me … not sure what the media is digging up.

her first series, the medicine drama w/ frankie lam showed the same selena.

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
  2. Hannahh says:

Selena look the same to me

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  3. Chloe says:

she looks wonderful and pretty as always.
    and no, she didnt have plastic surgery. it could be the makeup tips she’s using.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chloe
  4. 939393 says:

watched the playback of The Last Breakthrough just a few days ago where Selina portrays a nurse and she still looks the same to me.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
  5. Puff says:

Echoing other comments, she looks the same to me.

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
  6. rebecca fanbase says:

Selena is the most beautiful actress among all TVB stars.

Move aside, Tavia, Kate tsui, Fala chen, Aimee chan, Myolie wu,… Only Joey meng can compare close to Selina.

If you look at her old photos, she is just as pretty, certainly no nose job done.

And Patrick tang doesn’t match up, he’s like a lowdown loser and cannot act!

Login or Register before you can reply to rebecca fanbase
    • Hannahh replied:

Patrick tang doesn’t match up, he’s like a lowdown loser and cannot act!

TOTALLY AGREED!

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    • Jessica replied:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I find Fala and Aimee much more stunning while Selena has the girl-next-door type of look.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jessica
    • Victoria replied:

Selena is pretty but I wouldn’t say that she could top over Fala Chen and Aimee Chan. All three are equally gorgeous in their own ways in my opinion.

Login or Register before you can reply to Victoria
  7. MW says:

Plastic surgery?!?!? Well, this is out of left field. I saw her on an interview the other day and she looks the same as ever.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
  8. dude says:

I dont think she had plastic surgery either.She indeed is very pretty!

Login or Register before you can reply to dude
  9. sushiroll says:

Lolz it’s probably not plastic surgery but meticulously applied makeup. She has a makeup school and what not. Eyelid sticky tape, whitening treatments and contouring make a huge difference.

Login or Register before you can reply to sushiroll
  10. TVBFanatic says:

I don’t see a difference at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
  11. shoe says:

After analysing her nose, chin, cheek & jaw, I can 1000% confirm she has done at least 10x plastic surgeries & pumping in 1 or another way….

In 10 yrs time, her face will be edging closer to the stage of irene wan. Quite stiff and increasingly unnatural.

Login or Register before you can reply to shoe
    • allie replied:

lol at you.

Login or Register before you can reply to allie
    • yeung4life replied:

hahaha funny-i like your comment

Login or Register before you can reply to yeung4life
  12. Daisy says:

I don’t really see a difference…

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
  13. Angela says:

Yeah, I agree. Selena looks pretty much the same as when she debuted…

Login or Register before you can reply to Angela
  14. pinkie says:

she looks the same to me, as beautiful as ever 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to pinkie
  15. nyny says:

She looks just the same as before. She’s always looked this pretty, from when she first competed in Ms. HK til now.

By the way,I hate it when celebrities deny that they have plastic surgery, its always so damn obvious.

Login or Register before you can reply to nyny
  16. Larry 3 says:

botox

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
    • Akira replied:

she didn’t.. She said that she is scared of pain. :3

Login or Register before you can reply to Akira
      • Larry 3 replied:

she scared of you.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
      • Rosy replied:

@Larry3–> that’s irrevelant to Akira’s comment.
        if you search on youtube, Selena has a youtube account where she teaches people some of her beauty tips! 😛

Login or Register before you can reply to Rosy
      • Shirley replied:

Agree with Akira.
        Moreover, Botox is “most acutely toxic substance known, with an estimated human median lethal dose of 1.3–2.1 ng/kg intravenously or intramuscularly and 10–13 ng/kg when inhaled”

If I were Selena, I wouldn’t risk it!

Login or Register before you can reply to Shirley
      • sel_fi_wu replied:

selena got her looks from natural genes and her makeup skills. she didn’t do plastic surgery, her face still looks the same

Login or Register before you can reply to sel_fi_wu
      • Larry 3 replied:

its botox.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
    • huongg replied:

agree 100%

Login or Register before you can reply to huongg
  17. HeTieShou says:

Even IF she did get something done, she will not openly admit it just like everyone else.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • huongg replied:

YES, exactly!

Login or Register before you can reply to huongg
  18. anonymous says:

Login or Register before you can reply to anonymous