Tavia Yeung Hopes Linda Chung Wins Best Actress

By on October 6, 2013 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

TVB’s 46th Anniversary Lighting Ceremony was held on October 4. Cast members for this year’s two anniversary series, The Hippocratic Crush 2 <On Call 36小時II> and Will Power <法外風雲>, as well as the currently broadcast Brother’s Keeper <巨輪>, promoted their productions onstage.

With the annual TVB Anniversary Awards coming along in December, the hype over who will win Best Actor and Best Actress has started again. However, the winner of this year’s Best Actress award seems to remain unpredictable at the moment. Linda Chung (鍾嘉欣), who received much attention for her acting skills in the prank show, Office of Practical Jokes <玩嘢王>, expressed she stands a chance but will take things easily. “Daddy Ha Yu <夏雨> has taught me to be confident. Or else why would I be in this industry?”

Tavia Yeung (楊怡), who won Best Actress last year, said she hopes Linda will receive the award and become the new TV Queen. “I want Linda to receive it more than me getting it twice. First of all, she’s my good friend. Secondly, I’ve also been watching Brother’s Keeper, and I think her character is very refreshing. [Her performance] this year is well-rounded.”

Kenneth Ma and Wayne Lai Have No Confidence in Winning?

On the other hand, there is much competition for the TV King title. When asked if Kenneth Ma’s (馬國明) performance in The Hippocratic Crush 2 will win him the award, he admitted, “I don’t think I have a chance this year since there are so many strong contenders. For example, Wayne Lai (黎耀祥), Moses Chan (陳豪), Dayo Wong (黃子華), Francis Ng (吳鎮宇), and Chilam Cheung (張智霖). If I get nominated into top 5, I would feel as if I won!”

Having won TV King for three years, Wayne admitted he does not have much confidence to receive the award a fourth time. Similar to Kenneth, he is satisfied if he is nominated into top 5. “There are Francis and Chilam this year. I also really look forward to Dayo’s performance in My Prime Lady <My盛Lady>. I heard he has a brand new way of acting. He’s also a very strong contender.”

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Shirley for JayneStars.com.

86 comments to Tavia Yeung Hopes Linda Chung Wins Best Actress

1. sandcherry says:

I don’t think Wayne Lai should win the TV King award again this year. No matter how good his acting is, the chance should be given to other actors. TVB does not have only one good actor!

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • mike tan replied:

If a person is excellence in acting and the potential, he/she deserve to win.

Login or Register before you can reply to mike tan
    • Sheldon replied:

agree with @mike
      If a person is excellence in acting , he/she deserve to win. It is not about how many you have won, or that there should be a limit on how many you should get. If this is the case, then this award ceremony is a complete joke.

Login or Register before you can reply to Sheldon
      • elisabella replied:

Totally agree.

Login or Register before you can reply to elisabella
      • Chen replied:

I agree with Mike and Sheldon as well, just that Wayne really didn’t deserve to win last year so I’d hope he doesn’t get it again this year simply because the audience love him.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chen
      • Sheldon replied:

@chen

I didn’t say that Wayne does not deserve the TV King title last year. Wayne is a very talented actor, and he really deserves the awards. Again, he or anyone can get the award if he/she is excellent in acting that year.

Login or Register before you can reply to Sheldon
  2. lol says:

Is dayo Wong drama going to air before anniversary

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • JJJ replied:

No it will not. In fact, the awards will be held even before on call 2 ends.

Login or Register before you can reply to JJJ
      • lol replied:

will it be held before will power ends

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • JJJ replied:

After will power ends. Tvb’s choice for tv king is Moses.

Login or Register before you can reply to JJJ
  3. Conscience says:

i support linda chung also for the TV Queen. Her performance in Brother Keeper is awesome compare to Kate Tsui in SDU

Login or Register before you can reply to Conscience
    • doremi123 replied:

Agree, agree, agree.
      I hope she wins this year

Login or Register before you can reply to doremi123
    • penny replied:

I don’t think her acting is tv queen quality. She still needs alot of improvement. Her role in BK is just not interesting

Login or Register before you can reply to penny
    • John replied:

Although Linda’s acting isn’t tv queen quality but she is te best actress so far this year, if u don’t count tavia from AGWTC2. Tavia’s acting in there was pretty good

Login or Register before you can reply to John
    • Selena replied:

I don’t support her. Terrible series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Selena
  4. Bubblez says:

I haven’t began to watch Brother’s Keeper. And I don’t feel that Wayne Lai’s acting is superior than other siu sangs at TVB.

And as for Kenneth Ma, his acting is okay..

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
    • sandcherry replied:

Personally I don’t think Wayne Lai acted well in every character. He did well in a few, but not in all.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • swtlav3ndar replied:

Which siu sang at TVB is better than Wayne Lai??

Login or Register before you can reply to swtlav3ndar
      • JJJ replied:

I’ll pick Ruco.

Login or Register before you can reply to JJJ
      • lol replied:

ill pick bosco and ruco

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • sandcherry replied:

Not that many, but there should be some.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • Teecee replied:

I don’t know about better since that’s subjective but he definitely is not the best. Out of e younger generation I find Bosco and Ruco quite talented.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teecee
      • sandcherry replied:

Even if Wayne Lai is the best (as per your judgement)actor in TVB, does it mean that he should win TV King award year after year for maybe another 7 or 8 years? It is not fair to other actors!!

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • mike tan replied:

Though there are many good actors/actresses around, they should show proof they are good – he /she is the best among others. May the best excellent actor/ actress win.

Login or Register before you can reply to mike tan
      • jennifer replied:

Ruco! He’s done a good job thus far in brother’s keeper imo

Login or Register before you can reply to jennifer
      • Mt replied:

Since when has TVB been ‘fair’?? Wayne Lai won because he’s a good actor, not because he’s good looking or because he has bigger fan base than the next actor. If he is better than other actors, then he should win, regardless of whether it’s the first time or the hundredth time. And if another actor appears to have acted better in a drama than Wayne, then said actor should have a chance at winning. Sadly, award shows nowadays are not about recognizing talent anymore. It’s just about handing out statues to the most popular fadan or siusung.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mt
      • lol replied:

That’s not true handing out status to the most popular sui sang

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • kolo replied:

i say michael miu is better,he deserve a statue.he plays several memorable characters the last couple of years,its time he gets one.anyway he is one of my favourite actor.

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
  5. Smart Aleck says:

Joey Meng or Esther Kwan deserve Best Actress hands down….
    As for guys, I agree there is a lot more competition

Login or Register before you can reply to Smart Aleck
    • Ling replied:

I agree with you!

Login or Register before you can reply to Ling
    • dora replied:

YES ESTHER KWAN!!! But facing the truth, zero chance :/

Login or Register before you can reply to dora
    • kk replied:

@Smart Aleck: yep, in a fair competition Joey would go against Esther in the battle of best actress, but sadly when is that fair when it comes to tvb…..

Login or Register before you can reply to kk
  6. Teecee says:

So far Linda’s performance in BK is nothing outstanding even Kristal is out shining her and I hope they won’t make the last few episodes dramatic on Linda’s character that can be labeld as BA material, performance is from the beginning to the end. I a,lso don’t see the deal with her “acting” in Office of practical jokes can make so many people want her to win Best Actress this year. It’s like saying those people on Punk’d getting that same compliment.

So far is year none of the younger generation is decent enough to win that award for the females while there is a lot more competition in the males.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teecee
    • penny replied:

Agree. Kristen’s performance is actually better than Linda

Login or Register before you can reply to penny
  7. Holiday says:

Linda Chung is getting ok in acting but fala Chen
    Is not that good but still getting better p…………..

Login or Register before you can reply to Holiday
  8. Holiday says:

Oh really????? I think tavia thinks that Linda will deserve to win best actress I don’t really think so
    I think she might think she might deserve a improved
    Actress award;)

Login or Register before you can reply to Holiday
    • doremi123 replied:

Linda won Most Improved Actress Award in 2006. So far, no actress/actor has won Most Improved Award more than once.

Login or Register before you can reply to doremi123
    • penny replied:

Agree. If acting improved, then they should get most improved award not tv queen. I rather support Tavia as tv queen

Login or Register before you can reply to penny
  9. 5fadans says:

Linda’s acting in Brother Keeper is ok, while Kate’s acting is normal in Snipper Attack. I don’t know why these two are strong for BA award this year from the entertainment news?

In my opinion, Tavia’s acting is great in A Great Way To Care II + we will she her performance in On Call 2. Joey Meng in A Change of Heart is wonderful, and Myolie Wu in TITS2 is also well done. One of them would be good.

Login or Register before you can reply to 5fadans
    • Clementine replied:

Tavia’s acting in Great Way To Care II was so underrated! I was impressed by her performance, and as for Myolie I thought she did a brilliant job in TITS2 as well. But it’s quite obvious tbb is going to either give it to Kate or Linda this year with all the hype going on around these two..

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
    • Mt replied:

I haven’t watched Great Way To Care, but I have watched TITS2 ane Myolie was AWFUL! Like I said before, she looked constipated for the entire series. As for Linda, she didn’t do anything that she hasn’t done before. She’s still playing the girly weakling roles and she’s always so nice. It’s a bit sickening. I thought Kate did a good job with the crying scene (when her father died) in Sniper Attack, but her fake eyelashes are so distracting…so no, she shouldn’t win.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mt
  10. 5fadans says:

For males, I support Chilam, Moses, and Ma Ming.

Login or Register before you can reply to 5fadans
  11. Larry 3 says:

This year is a huge joke.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
    • cloud9 replied:

You mean Prime lady gonna be a huge comedy drama this year ??

Login or Register before you can reply to cloud9
  12. kk says:

well it makes sense if linda chung wins this year. myolie and tavia already got theirs, kate’s dramas this year are just ok nothing special. fala already left. linda got tiger cubs and brother keeper (two “big” tvb dramas this year), even if her acting isn’t good in those two dramas tvb will give the award to her anyway since it’s the right time. plus best actress award lately isn’t really about good acting or talent, so why not give it to her because other girls already had theirs and now it’s her turn.

Login or Register before you can reply to kk
    • 5fadans replied:

I dont think Tiger Cub II will be aired this year tho. That means Linda only has her character in Brother Keeper to compete for BA award.

The TVB awards ceremony will likely be right after Oncall 2. So I think My Prime Lady would included in this year award.

Login or Register before you can reply to 5fadans
    • penny replied:

Then the award ceremony is a joke. This about acting, not about popularity. She really doesn’t deserve the tv queen if she cannot act.

Login or Register before you can reply to penny
    • SW replied:

I completely agree, kk. It is indeed her year.

Login or Register before you can reply to SW
  13. Sophia says:

overrated. her role is nothing refreshing.. a lil similar to moonlight resonance? just that this time she’s dating someone from a diff background.

Login or Register before you can reply to Sophia
  14. Nicholas says:

Her character in BK is just an introduction right now. Just wait till the end when more dramatic things happens to her character and see how her acting is. Just wait. Too early to say her acting is nothing special.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicholas
    • kk replied:

lol a good actor will shine no matter how small his/her role is given in a drama (except in situation when the character is too badly written). you can’t just wait til the role is giving more dramatic scenes in order for your role to shine. for example wayne lai in rosy business and edwin siu in daddy good deeds, and the most recent perfect example is joey meng in ACOH. i’m sure tvb producers or even themselves didn’t expect their characters would become that popular.
      you and other lind chung hard fan don’t need to tried hard to convinced us how wonder linda acting is. since she’s your favorite actress, you will like her acting even if she gives the worse performance. but i understand why you’re biased that way cuz i would too when it comes to my favorite actress lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to kk
      • Nicholas replied:

I’m not trying to change your views on Linda. I know a lot of people don’t like her. That’s fine. But a lot of people also likes Linda. So u can continue to not like her roles and I’ll just continue to love and support her roles.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicholas
    • SW replied:

I agree, Nicolas. I too think that to wait until the end of BK to see how her acting is or will be.

Login or Register before you can reply to SW
  15. windy says:

I don’t like any of the characters in BK besides RUCO and perhaps the mom too. She looks the part of submissive and obedient tolerant wife. All the others are just sidekicks haha LOL…
    Linda Chung – best actress? I don’t really think so not for a while anyway IMO of course. =0)

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
  16. AL says:

neither Linda nor Kenneth act so good to deserve like a king or queen….but seem no other choice….look like it is going to be them! so sad

Login or Register before you can reply to AL
  17. m0m0 says:

oh geez, i hope it won’t happen. if linda does win w/the voting standards, then the ppl have hk must be brainwashed w/ too many bad performances…i mean, why her…?

Login or Register before you can reply to m0m0
    • Sheldon replied:

agree! I truly support Esther, Joey, Sheren, Ada, or even Tavia for TV Queen, but not Linda. Her performance is not good enough to get tv queen.

Login or Register before you can reply to Sheldon
    • jayne replied:

If Linda doesn’t win, Tavia might be crowned again. My feeling is that if “The Hippocratic Crush 2” has reasonably high ratings, Kenneth Ma will get TV King this year. He’s been heavily promoted since last year.

Chilam Cheung might get consolidation prize such as Favorite Male Character award. Francis Ng may get one of those favorite character awards as well.

“Triumph in the Skies 2” was the most popular and widely watched series this year. If Fala had continued her management contract with TVB, she would have been likely hyped up for TV Queen.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • Conscience replied:

Yes, i agree with you and had the same thinking. Kenneth definitely will get TV King this year in his performance in The Hippocratic Crush 2 and as roy in TTIS2. His fan base is also increasing. As for Queen Award this year, Fala stands a high chance if she continues her contract with TVB. Fala is getting very popular after starring in TTIS. Chilam will definitely get my favorite character male awards this year and probably Linda Chung might get my favourite character female awards. For new comer actress, i think eliza sum stands a chance. For most improved male actor, i think edwin siu stands the chance.

Login or Register before you can reply to Conscience
      • bbfanny replied:

Based on popularity of the series this year TITS2 and THC2 takes the cake so I agree that Kenneth might win this. We have to remember that Francis and Chilam aren’t TVB people.

I think either Linda or Kate will get the Best Actress award. If TVB gives it to Tavia, that will only create tension between her status vs Myolie when their abilities are somewhat equal.

Login or Register before you can reply to bbfanny
      • SW replied:

I agree with you when you mentioned that if Fala had stayed with TVB that she would have been likely hyped up for TV queen. It’s too bad that she decided to leave.

Login or Register before you can reply to SW
  18. Nori says:

Looking at this picture, I can see that TVB is lacking and desperately in need of first-line actors. Miss the old TVB!

Login or Register before you can reply to Nori
    • AC replied:

That’s because only the people from the currently airing and anniversary series appeared to promote their shows.

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
  19. AC says:

Is My Prime Lady going to air and be qualified for this year’s awards? If so, they’re probably going to hype it as Kate vs Linda although I definitely think that Linda is going to get the award this year. I want Linda to get the award this year, but her acting in Brother’s Keeper is so unnatural.. Her acting in Missing You is better than this.

Also, I think if Francis or Chilam decides to show up up, they will be getting Best Actor.

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
    • LeUna replied:

It’s almost impossible for Francis or Chilam to win honey. TVB ain’t that kind to give their award to an artist that doesn’t belong under their belt.

Which makes sense because if you think about it… if they give them the award, it really means that TVB has no outstanding actors anymore..

Login or Register before you can reply to LeUna
      • AC replied:

Triumph 2 is the biggest series so far this year, and they’re in the stages of planning a movie around it too. They’re still connected to TVB and they also want Chilam to keep filming for them so it’s not that impossible for them to get the award. The only way that you can tell that tvb would not want them to get the award at all is if they leave them out of the nominations completely like how they did with maggie for Last Steep Ascent last year.

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
  20. LeUna says:

What is this now? It seems like TVB has ran out of good actress/actors and the awards seems to be given to whoever hasn’t got one yet… where’s the standard?

Also, what’s the point of bringing the old actors back and use them as a pillar to bring in good rating yet not giving them the recognition they deserve? Honestly, Kenneth and Wayne knows better it’ll just be a pure battle between them and Moses. Francis, Chilam, and Dayo are all outsiders.. obviously TVB aren’t gonna let them win. Which is ironic because those are the actors that truly shined this year (Francis and Chilam) and stands miles away from Moses, Kenneth and Wayne.

Login or Register before you can reply to LeUna
    • Clementine replied:

The sad thing is, ‘outsider’ actors like Francis, Chilam and Dayo seem like they wouldnt even care less if they are to be nominated or not let alone win because tvb’s award standards have dropped significantly over the years. Winning or not winning Best Actor would be just a shrug of the shoulder for them imo lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
  21. lol says:

Kates a better actress then linda

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • 5fadans replied:

Their performances this year are not as good as last year.

Login or Register before you can reply to 5fadans
  22. Mindy says:

I too think that tavia might grab the ba awards again. If her performance in oc2 is great as well as if oc2 ratings do well.

I love tavia so that would be great if she does! Or else Linda is also ok but her acting def needs some improvements 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to Mindy
    • 5fadans replied:

I like them all. But among the five, Tavia has a better acting this year than the other four fadans. It’s rarely that she will be crowned again.

Login or Register before you can reply to 5fadans
  23. Clementine says:

I feel that both Kate and Linda aren’t up to BA level atm. If tbb really has to promote these two into winning this year’s BA award, I think it’s purely a matter of whose next in line to receive the award. If anything I think other actresses like Esther Kwan or Krystal Tin are better options….Kate and Linda? …I mean they have their own secured place as tbb’s current top fadans, but acting wise, they still have quite a reach for BA potentials IMO.

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
    • Sheldon replied:

can’t agree more

Login or Register before you can reply to Sheldon
    • 5fadans replied:

Getting in line to get the BA award.

Login or Register before you can reply to 5fadans
  24. TN1 says:

Watever! Bet d most recognised thus far shd b EstherK, TaviaY, LindaC n KrystalT n for guys JulianC, RucoC, MosesC FrancisN rite TVB huh!

Login or Register before you can reply to TN1
  25. Grifis says:

Linda Chung for Best Actress? TVB continues to be a joke.

Login or Register before you can reply to Grifis
    • Taviayeung4ever replied:

Totally

Login or Register before you can reply to Taviayeung4ever
  26. Taviayeung4ever says:

Linda Chung doesn’t even deserve it tavia should win it twice 🙁

Login or Register before you can reply to Taviayeung4ever
  27. Kenta says:

among Kate and Linda I don’t think either of them will win Linda is ok but not Kate I think her acting sucks and she’s so vain :p and Linda is too young for it

Login or Register before you can reply to Kenta
  28. Melted says:

I haven’t seen BK but Linda’s character sounds nothing out of the ordinary. have never thought highly of her acting anyway. She’s always mediocre at best if u ask me so no, I honestly don’t think it’s her turn yet. Tiger cub seems more promising as her BA representative work. And are they using the voting system this year?? If tvb does not rig the results, I can almost safely say that tavia has more fans than Linda so tavia getting crowned twice seems like a greater possibility. As for Kate, she probably has no chance over tavia if prime lady doesn’t air judging from then lukewarm response for sniper stand off. She was so hyped up last year and well, I thought the drug queen role was a breakthrough role for her but still she lost to tacia eventually. So yeah if voting is still in place and with thc airing so close to the awards, tavia prolly get the most votes out of all the fadans. But but but veterans like Esther will stand a chance if they are nominated!! Let’s keep our fingers crossed. As forrrr best actor, somehow I feel that Moses stand a highest chance out of all the candidates since 1) Comedy isn’t exactly Wayne’s forte but it is Moses’s. He’s always awesome at this. 2) kenneth has to share the limelight with Lawrence and sequels are usually never as good. 3) tits wasn’t that great,really.

Login or Register before you can reply to Melted
    • Ling replied:

Moses has to prove himself in Willpower in order in get BA award .

Login or Register before you can reply to Ling
  29. sandcherry says:

Kristal Tin acts better than Linda Chung in “Brother’s Keeper”, and her role seems to be heavier than Linda’s up to Ep. # 10.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • Clementine replied:

Agree- Kristal’s character and acting is definitely more three-dimensional than Linda’s. I think she outshines Linda most if not all times in BK. If linda receives BA for her performance in BK,then that’d b a slap across the face for Kristal..lol. I’m do like linda, I’d rather see Linda take home BA for a role where she truly shines and wows the audience wth her performance rather be given it simply bcos she is ‘the nxt in line’.

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
  30. EXO says:

i think that Chilam Cheung should win TV King this year. i loved his acting in Triumph in the Skies 2. As for TV Queen i’m not really sure…. Linda Chung’s acting isnt that good shes still acting those roles where she always cries and stuff. maybe Kate Tsui she was pretty good in Snipper Standoff….. but yea idk

Login or Register before you can reply to EXO
  31. Taviayeung4ever says:

OMG i just heard tavia is acting in a new drama with ruco chan called 天眼 OMG RUTA IS BACK 😀 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Taviayeung4ever