“Wonder Women” Heads Toward Finale

By on December 24, 2019 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS, TV Dramas

“Wonder Women” Heads Toward Finale

The following article includes ending spoilers for TVB’s Wonder Women, ending December 27, 2019.

It’s going to be a sad Christmas for the fans of Wonder Women <多功能老婆>.

The TVB romantic comedy has reached its final week, and our favorite characters will be fighting for their happiness and future. Lam Fei (Miriam Yeung 楊千嬅), after years of living in her ex-husband’s shadow, will finally fight for her futures, and while it appears that her destiny with Wing Ho-tin (Pakho Chau 周柏豪) is coming to an end, the two will cross paths again years later. Meanwhile, Joanne (Alice Chan 陳煒) chooses to leave town for a new life after her love, Jonathan (Jonathan Wong 王梓軒) passes away.

In the last three episodes, we learn that Sheung Kim-hung (Raymond Wong 黃浩然) realizes that his ex-wife Lam Fei has no intentions in getting back with him ever again, and chooses to fight for custody. Ho-tin is heartbroken for Lam Fei, but he is helpless himself. With his father’s (Melvin Wong 黃錦燊) blessings, Ho-tin moves overseas to study medicine, but his story with Lam Fei doesn’t end there. They reunite many years later, restarting a possible new journey together.

Joanne and Jonathan’s relationship ends on a tragic yet bittersweet note — Joanne regains her courage in loving someone else after meeting Jonathan, but Jonathan’s adoptive mother (Lily Leung 梁舜燕) does not approve of their relationship. After failing to capture Kim-hung’s heart, Yan Chenggong (Maggie Yu 于淼) falls for Jonathan and tries to rip her apart from Joanne, but fails miserably. Vengeful, Yan Chenggong slips to Lam Fei a dark secret—that Joanne and Sheung Kim-hung had a one night stand many years ago. This puts a thorn in Joanne and Lam Fei’s relationship. Yan Chenggong then attempts to devise another evil plot to separate Joanne and Jonathan, but not only does the plan fail, Jonathan also dies tragically. After his death, Joanne discovers that he had planned on proposing to her. Heartbroken once again, Joanne decides on leaving Hong Kong. Lam Fei rushes to the airport to tell Joanne that she forgives her—though Joanne may have lost her love, her friendship with Lam Fei remains strong and true.

Miriam Yeung Misses “Wonder Women”, Maggie Yu Enjoys Being a Villain

When speaking about the series ending this week, Miriam said, “Time flies by too fast. In the end, it doesn’t matter how much you’ve sacrificed. It’s very satisfying to know that I got a chance to breathe life in Lam Fez’s character, and to be able to release positive energy. I am very happy that I’ve come across this script. Add oil to Hong Kong dramas!”

Miriam is satisfied with the ending, saying, “I’m happy that she gets to restart her life. It’s important to not only find someone to share happiness with, but to also be happy yourself. You must be able to find yourself again.”

As for Maggie Yu, who plays Yan Chenggong, she shared that all characters got their deserved endings. Whether or not Yan Chenggong finds happiness herself, Maggie said, “She’s very ambitious and capricious, but God is fair. Sometimes, there are things that you can’t dictate, and while money can get you a lot, it can’t get you love.”

Source: On.cc

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

• No Related Posts.

• 30 comments to “Wonder Women” Heads Toward Finale

1. applelim says:

Gosh….revealing the details of the finale!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to applelim
    2. ricky721 says:

Geez! What happen to “spoiler alerts” it the past it was noted in the title

Login or Register before you can reply to ricky721
    3. wm2017 says:

Even thou I love Pakho Chau but I couldn’t even pass 2 episodes even for him. I didn’t like it one bit.

Login or Register before you can reply to wm2017
      • tnhb replied:

@wm2017 true…a bit lack somewhere

Login or Register before you can reply to tnhb
    4. aidenchan says:

Thoroughly enjoying this series and the actors so far. Not the typical drama. The character relationships are what keeps it entertaining.

Login or Register before you can reply to aidenchan
    5. emiliachan says:

surprisingly, i quite like this drama! it’s very original and the cast is also fresh with miriam and pakho. however, the later episodes seem to be a bit draggy. but overall, a decent drama for tvb these days.

Login or Register before you can reply to emiliachan
    6. anon says:

Caught bits and pieces while my family was watching it. I don’t know how Miriam ever won Best Actress.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
      • tnhb replied:

@anon she won best actress award 2010 & 2012.

Login or Register before you can reply to tnhb
        • anon replied:

@tnhb

Yeah I know she did, but that doesn’t mean she’s a good actress.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
        • tnhb replied:

@anon lol…. she got an award yesterday from TVB

Login or Register before you can reply to tnhb
    7. jaim3 says:

Can someone tell me how did Jonathan died? Watched the final episode (now re-watching) but cant see how it happened. Did he hit on something?

Login or Register before you can reply to jaim3
      • boomer replied:

@jaim3 Yeah I can’t figure out either. I guessed that maybe 顏成功 shot him underwater, but then she apparently lost a leg too so that doesn’t make sense. It’s annoying that they didn’t even account for how the heck he died when it’s such a major plot point

Login or Register before you can reply to boomer
        • luye replied:

@boomer lol my first thought was they got bit by a shark. Most people say its from the fan blade

Login or Register before you can reply to luye
      • shoortstuff replied:

@jaim3 he died from the fan blade of the boat. If they turned off the engine, that could have saved jonathan

Login or Register before you can reply to shoortstuff
      • luye replied:

@jaim3 Hope that the detail of Jonathan having a twin means there will be a sequel!

Login or Register before you can reply to luye
        • mim168 replied:

@luye
          I was thinking the same thing. But he might be the evil twin??

Login or Register before you can reply to mim168
        • tnhb replied:

@luye yes…hopefully

Login or Register before you can reply to tnhb
      • phildutch replied:

@jaim3 I think maybe her wedding dress got caught in the boat propellor

Login or Register before you can reply to phildutch
    8. nleung12345 says:

Such a beautiful ending, I only wished it was less years later!!

Login or Register before you can reply to nleung12345
    9. tnhb says:

I am no longer watching TVB series as daily routine. This one really not bad. Fresh cast combination and the story is nice. I like Miriam Yeung character and she acted well. She deserves a compliment.

Login or Register before you can reply to tnhb
    10. kokomo says:

I personally really enjoyed this drama. Love the strong friendship between Miriam, Rebecca and Alice’s characters. Miriam’s Lam Fei and Pakho’s Ho Tin has such a cute and sweet relationship even though it’s an older woman and younger man relationship. Same for Fung Wah and Jonathan. Too bad their relationship ended sadly with Jonathan’s death.

Login or Register before you can reply to kokomo
    11. bennyjr says:

One of TVB watchable drama with effort, at least no mediocre acting. Good plot on friendship, love, comedy, family etc.
      Fresh couple pairing for miriam & pakho.. luckily it’s a happy ending.
      Of course my favourite is Pakho (ho tin oppa) didn’t expect he can act & sing

Login or Register before you can reply to bennyjr
    12. chacha890 says:

I gave this a real shot and watched maybe 5 episodes. I like Miriam but the dialogue, plot, humor and the typical wit / cleverness that we find in hk dramas was utterly lacking. I felt like I was watching a China series based in HK. Bland and boring but with a lot of flash.

Did it bother anyone that the kid called Pakho oppa? That’s how girls greet older guys. Boys say hyung. The writers could have done a little research.

The only thing I liked about this was how they kept Raymond’s name as a nod to the 2002 flick he did with Miriam and Daniel Wu.

If HK dramas are like this moving forward, I guess HK culture is really becoming erased and replaced by China.

Login or Register before you can reply to chacha890
      • wm2017 replied:

@chacha890 lol…. at least you were able to go up to 5 I barely made it passed 1 and gave up 1/2 way on epi 2. I love Pakho C and I think he’s cute and all but w/such plots nothing helps. I never care for Miriam Y’s acting period.
        Since I watched the promos on youtube prior to the series I didn’t get the oppa in the series but it did show on the promos. You are 1000% right. Actually, my korean friends & colleagues say oppa is often girls calling their bf or guys that are older than they are. Boys do not call another guy oppa at all. lol….They must thought that it was trendy and funny but it was not. I can’t say the resemblance with China dramas as I only watched a few in completion and I still think it’s a typical HK drama that’s getting worse and worse. The only refreshing plot I would say is the pairing as we often see older dudes/younger actresses and this time it’s the dudes who are YOUNGER than the females.

Login or Register before you can reply to wm2017
      • luye replied:

@chacha890 not sure if “HK culture is becoming erased and replaced by China.” As a company, TVB is trying to improve. We can see that by the new camera quality & filming style.

Login or Register before you can reply to luye
      • aidenchan replied:

@chacha890 in watching the series, my understanding is that the three girls (Miriam, Alice and Rebecca’s characters) were all calling Pakho’s character “Oppa” as a joke (to also be cute) and the little kid ends up hearing and following them in calling him “Oppa” also. I thought it was ok for that reason. And I actually just finished it a few nights ago and the last episode had me in full on waterworks. Haven’t enjoyed too many TVB series lately but this one I really liked. Happy New Year!

Login or Register before you can reply to aidenchan
        • jcc10 replied:

@aidenchan wasn’t it the kid who started calling him oppa?

Login or Register before you can reply to jcc10
    13. jcc10 says:

Surprisingly, I actually quite enjoyed this drama. Never liked Miriam, but stayed for pakho. I really liked the storyline; Pakho + his father as well as Kai Kai.

Login or Register before you can reply to jcc10