“Cold Mountain, Hidden Dragon” Costume Fitting

By on May 23, 2013 in Hot Gossip!, TV Dramas

On May 23, Kenneth Ma (馬國明), Selena Li (李詩韻), Lin Xiawei (林夏薇), and Power Chan (陳國邦) attended the costume fitting for TVB’s new ancient drama, Cold Mountain, Hidden Dragon <寒山潛龍>. After Aimee Chan (陳茵媺) suddenly rejected filming the series, Xiawei was told to take her role as a martial arts master. Xiawei is glad and thankful of the opportunity, since it is her first time filming a historical series.

Rumors speculated as to why Aimee suddenly rejected Cold Mountain, Hidden Dragon. According to Aimee, her mother’s health is unwell, and she needs to fly back to Canada to take care of her. Boyfriend, Moses Chan (陳豪) will also join Aimee in Canada. Allegedly, the couple is planning a secret wedding, and this is a chance for Moses to consult Aimee’s mother. Other tabloids claimed that Aimee may have become pregnant. When questioned about this, Xiawei replied that she does not know anything regarding Aimee’s leave.

Last week, Xiawei, Raymond Lam (林峯), and Karena Ng (吳千語) flew to the United States to attend the graduation ceremony of Raymond’s younger brother at the University of Southern California. Speaking of how Raymond neglected her and directed his full attention at Karena during the trip, Xiawei laughed and said she preferred to carry her own luggage anyway.

Selena Will Consider Kenneth as a Boyfriend?

In the new drama, Kenneth will portray Selena’s husband. He laughed and said he will ask for an intimate bed and kissing scene, in order to better display the couple’s loving relationship. Afraid that Selena will reject the idea, Kenneth said he would try his best to persuade her. Selena expressed that if she is still single five years later, she will consider Kenneth as a boyfriend.

Cold Mountain Hidden Dragon costume fitting 3 pic

Source: Apple Daily via ihktv.com

This article is written by Shirley for JayneStars.com.

78 comments to “Cold Mountain, Hidden Dragon” Costume Fitting

1. Nancy says:

yes!!! Selena and Kenneth!

Login or Register before you can reply to Nancy
    • Kelly replied:

I love those couples too =D
      Although Selena is playing two characters. One is Kenneth’s wife and the other one is a famous courtesan that likes Kenneth.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kelly
      • Nancy replied:

That means they have double the screen time as a couple!! haha 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Nancy
  2. Puff says:

Oh No!!! Why give Kenneth a moustache ham sap lo look…. Oh dear…

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
    • Shrimpboat replied:

Lol, after “Can’t Buy Me Love,” Kenneth with Mustache will always = Hahm Sahp Lo.

Login or Register before you can reply to Shrimpboat
    • 939393 replied:

I dotn think it’s Can’t Buy Me Love. It’s that show with Steven ma. What’s it called again?

But yeah, I agree. I couldn’t take Kenneth seriously with the moustache. He looks villianous and horny

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
      • Shrimpboat replied:

Not sure what the one with Steven is called. I was just recalling that scene where Linda took Fala’s place to “interview” through the Match-making service. Kenneth was undercover as a horny villain… :)

Login or Register before you can reply to Shrimpboat
      • Kelly replied:

It’s called “The Life and Times of a Sentinel” is the one with Kenneth and Steven Ma.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kelly
      • 939393 replied:

Oh I see! I vaguely remember that scene.

And thanks, Kelly! :)

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
      • Kelly replied:

@939393 You’re Welcome 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Kelly
  3. lol says:

was this the drama kevin was meant to film

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • 939393 replied:

Yes. It is

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
      • Kelly replied:

Yeah except Kevin rejected it because Charmaine Sheh is going to be in it, but she ‘s not interested in filming wuxia drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kelly
      • Hailey replied:

@kelly I seen Charmaine Sheh flimed wuxia drama. One is Lethal Weapon of Love and Passion, Crimson Sabre, and the other one is Heaven Sword and the Dragon Sabre 2000, and etc.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hailey
  4. miriamfanz says:

At least the costumes look better than during the sales pres… Lin Xia Wei looks good in ancient.

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
  5. Sunny says:

Kenneth Ma looks weird in that costume. Not fond of his look:3

Login or Register before you can reply to Sunny
  6. Shrimpboat says:

Like Xia Wei’s answer about carrying her own luggage, no need to depend on ties with LF.

I think she has potential to move up; she reminds me of a baby-face Esther Kwan from certain angles.

Login or Register before you can reply to Shrimpboat
    • Autumn replied:

I agree with you Shrimpboat, when i first saw Xia Wei in “Missing You”, she reminded me of Esther Kwan too.

Login or Register before you can reply to Autumn
  7. P. Tan says:

I’m glad Selena has at last got this opportunity to prove herself as a good actor.

Login or Register before you can reply to P. Tan
  8. melted says:

This show looks much more promising now as comapred to when the sales presentation was first released. I guess a good pairing (Kenneth & Selena) makes a great deal of a difference.

Login or Register before you can reply to melted
    • Shrimpboat replied:

Usually, the Sales Presentation is good and the drama ends up being cruddy. Maybe this one will be the opposite?

Login or Register before you can reply to Shrimpboat
      • Larry 3 replied:

The sales presentation will not be 100% equal to the actual series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
    • Kidd replied:

I’m felt the opposite. The clip in the sales presentation might not be very well done, but, it still feels wuxia.

Looking at the costumes of the cast now, I’m afraid it will turn out to be a palace intrigue story with more politics than wuxia.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  9. Kidd says:

No Raymond Wong and Kenny Wong? :(

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  10. Daisy says:

Ahh Kenneth and Selena are sooo cuuute! Can’t wait for this drama!

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
  11. simon says:

Great that Aimee withdrawal from this drama, her acting sucks anyway. This role doesn’t even fit her.

Login or Register before you can reply to simon
  12. Sunny says:

Is Charmaine Li in this series? She’s pretty good (:

Login or Register before you can reply to Sunny
    • Kelly replied:

Yeah Charmaine Li is in it. She’s next to Yoyo Chen and the other girl.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kelly
      • Sunny replied:

thanks. I like her acting as well as Yoyo’s acting ^^

Login or Register before you can reply to Sunny
  13. HeTieShou says:

I can’t believe Selena said that in 5 years if she is still single she will consider Kenneth. Sorry but hopefully by that time, Kenneth is already married. Selena sounds a bit arrogant with that statement.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • AC replied:

Actually, she only said that because they are good friends, and had joked about getting together in 5 years if no one else wants them.

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
    • cc replied:

oh please =.= if you actually followed this news, you will know it’s a “deal” they made as a joke between the BOTH of them, not just selena saying it on her own =.= And if you actually watch the interviews where they both joke about it, you can tell Kenneth is very into this joke and very willing to joke about it.

Login or Register before you can reply to cc
      • HeTieShou replied:

Sorry I don’t follow all of their news or watch their interviews…. Ok, I get the point that it just a joke…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Hippo replied:

Pretty obvious it was a joke, you don’t need to follow ‘all of their news or watch their interviews’ to understand that LOL.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hippo
      • HeTieShou replied:

Not really since I don’t know them personally, who knows if it is a joke or not??? Even people that I know personally, there are times when I am not sure if they are joking or not. But whatever…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Hippo replied:

OK, so you have to know people before you know it’s a joke or not. So you also probably don’t know I am joking right now or not, hahaha.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hippo
  14. Victoria says:

USC? dayummm. great school.

Login or Register before you can reply to Victoria
    • Xi replied:

USC’s not bad but let’s face it, LAM’S FATHER BOUGHT THE DEGREE. His son does not perform well in courses and parties a lot (like many rich 2nd generations).

Login or Register before you can reply to Xi
      • sandcherry replied:

How did you know? Just curious.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • HeTieShou replied:

Which is why they always ask for the transcripts along with your degree these days.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou

Hate the costume then, hate the costume now. It looks messy.

• sandcherry replied:

Don’t like the costumes either. Kenneth looks funny, Selena is not too bad.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • Dynamic replied:

Agree. Selena’s costume looks similar to Sonija’s costume in LOW.

Login or Register before you can reply to Dynamic
    • msxie replied:

Looks way better than ugly Manchu and Republican era costumes for men.

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie
      • Funn Lim replied:

Disagree. It is the quality that matters, not the era.

16. Lilly says:

I really wish Aimee hadn’t dropped out. I like Aimee better than the Xiawei girl

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilly
    • simon replied:

Aimee’s acting is way worst. Hard to understand what’s she speaking.

Login or Register before you can reply to simon
  17. Xi says:

Poor Xin Wei, poor little girl…

Login or Register before you can reply to Xi
    • Jenny replied:

What do you mean poor xia wei? what’s wrong with her?

Login or Register before you can reply to Jenny
  18. Y2 says:

Hello Jayne and everyone ,is this drama a remake of Chow Yun Fatt movie Crouching tiger hidden dragon?
    Is this based on wuxia novel ?
    where is Raymond Wong ?

Login or Register before you can reply to Y2
    • Dynamic replied:

I hope not! And it is a wuxia drama (well that’s what I heard, not too sure)

Login or Register before you can reply to Dynamic
    • Profile photo of jayne jayne replied:

Y2,
      Based on previous news reports, “Cold Mountain, Hidden Dragon” is an original wuxia script by TVB, although it may feature a character named Sai Muen Chui Suet, which is actually a character from Gu Long’s wuxia novels.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • sandcherry replied:

Sai Muen Chui Suet should be a pretty good and smart character in Gu Loong’s wuxia novel. He is both good in martial arts and Chinese literature.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  19. roll says:

cold mountain hidden dragon.. this movie was quite popular many years ago
    can’t tvb so called script writers come up with something new and original?
    thought tvb is a big company but not in talent nor creativity

Login or Register before you can reply to roll
    • Funn Lim replied:

Was there a movie with the same title?

• Dynamic replied:

I think roll may be talking about similar title to crouching tiger hidden dragon.

Login or Register before you can reply to Dynamic
  20. TMD says:

TVB’s wuxia dramas have gone downhills ever since they lost the right to Jin Yong adaptations

Login or Register before you can reply to TMD
    • Puff replied:

Interesting, didn’t realise that TVB lost the right to Jin Yong adaptations. What happened?

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
      • TMD replied:

I’m not too sure either. I just vaguely remember hearing that Jin Yong didn’t like how TVB was changing too many things on his originals. I believe this was quite long ago.

Can anyone else correct or confirm?

Login or Register before you can reply to TMD
      • Puff replied:

Thanks TMD

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
      • sandcherry replied:

What are Jin Yong adaptations? What is it in Cantonese?

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • skinnymocha replied:

@sandcherry: The dramatization of 金庸 novels, such as 射鵰英雄傳, 書劍恩仇錄, 天龍八部, etc. (Is this what you’re looking for?)

—————

Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain (Sunny Chan version) seemed to get a lot of flak. I think Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre (2000) was pretty much the last straw as it deviated too much from the novel. (I’m not sure since I’ve yet to read it and the only other adaptation I’ve seen is the ’86 version. The endings were dramatically different though…) Also, a lot of people thought Lawrence Ng was wrongly cast. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong…

Login or Register before you can reply to skinnymocha
      • Tegan replied:

@sandcherry Jin Yong = Louis Cha

Login or Register before you can reply to Tegan
      • sandcherry replied:

skinnymocha & Tegan:

Thanks! It is 金庸 novels. I love his novels, better than Koo Loong’s.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  21. AL says:

I like Lin Xiawei (林夏薇)…add oil!

Login or Register before you can reply to AL
  22. Jenny says:

I wish Elaine Yiu was in this series =(

Login or Register before you can reply to Jenny
    • H replied:

Agree! ):

Login or Register before you can reply to H
      • Sara replied:

I secondly agree with u D:

Login or Register before you can reply to Sara
  23. BB7 says:

Hmm Kenneth Ma is one busy guy. Him and a few other TVB artists ( Ruco Chan, Sonja Kwok and Linda Chung) just arrived into Vancouver, on Saturday the 25th. It’s for a promo by the local Chinese Tv station. I saw them briefly but way too many people to get closer to them

Login or Register before you can reply to BB7
    • Bubblez replied:

Lucky! And actually, I heard that Linda Chung has arrived way earlier because Lyn from (lindachungthoughts @ blogspot) said that she was on Fairchild Radio earlier around 1ish pm PST. 😛

And I wasn’t able to go sadly.

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
      • H replied:

Linda, Ruco, Kenneth and Sonija are at a mall in my town 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to H
      • Bubblez Ω replied:

I know that! My friend was lucky to meet Linda Chung in 2 days in a row!

I wasn’t able to go but I was able to personalize a message for her which is better than nothing.

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez Ω
  24. BB7 says:

I’m not sure who flew in when. But there was a delay at Aberdeen. They didn’t show up till 11pm. Was told the flight was delayed getting in. Ironically if you check the airlines website it said the flight arrived early.

Login or Register before you can reply to BB7
  25. HeTieShou says:

The costumes are ok and aren’t the worse, since I have seen even worse before. But hey, we all know how cheap TVB is. It is not a wonder that they are so lacking when it comes to ancient/wu xia series lately.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  26. her says:

YEAH! Selena! Kenneth=eh…

Login or Register before you can reply to her
  27. Sara says:

I wish that TVB can make another Wuxia drama.

Login or Register before you can reply to Sara
    • Kelly replied:

Agreeed

Login or Register before you can reply to Kelly
      • Hailey replied:

Yeah TVB should make another wuxia drama. I like watching wuxia series with my brother.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hailey