JayneStars.com logo

Annie Man Gives Birth to 5-Pound Baby Girl

By on August 22, 2012

Annie Man Gives Birth to 5-Pound Baby Girl thumbnail

-year-old Annie Man(文頌嫻) became a proud mother of a beautiful 5-pound dragon girl! On August 20th, Annie Man gave birth by Caesarean section at the Canossa Hospital in Hong Kong. As Annie was down with a cough before delivery, her obstetrician and  anaesthesiologist advised her to opt for a general anesthesia. However, Annie wanted to witness the delivery of her baby girl. Eventually, she chose a regional anesthesia during the childbirth, allowing her to remain awake and witness the miraculous moment.

Annie wrote in her Weibo, “For the one hour surgery, I did not cough at all. I am so blessed! When I saw the baby, I was very touched. I witnessed the birth of a life. Life is so marvelous! ”

Annie’s husband, Jason Lee (李梓慎) was responsible for filming the childbirth process. Although Jason gazed lovingly at the baby even more than Annie, he did not forget to thank her for enduring the hardship of giving birth to their daughter.

Baby Resembles Father

Weighing 5 pounds and 14 oz, baby Jamie was petite like her mother, Annie. When asked who the baby resembled, Jason said, “Like me, Oh dear!”

Jason was also asked if he was afraid while cutting the umbilical cord during childbirth. He replied, “I am not afraid at all. I can’t see anything!”

Annie’s good friend, Angela Tong (湯盈盈) also visited her yesterday. Angela, who is currently pregnant, also revealed that she had no preference whether her baby is a girl or boy. Angela shared that she had already bought a gift for Annie’s baby girl.

Annie also thanked her friends and fans in her Weibo, “I would like to thank everyone for caring and supporting me and the baby. I will do my best to be a good mother!”

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Stella for JayneStars.com.

Tags: ,

• Annie Man’s Daughter Will Have Short Legs(14)
  • Celebrity Weddings: Annie Man and Jason Lee(27)
  • Chin Ka Lok Trades In Sports Cars For Daughter's Sake(4)
  • What to Watch in 2014 Hong Kong Dramas(64)
  • Joyce Tang and Angela Tong Hope for More Career Success(13)
  • Angela Tong Gives Joyce Tang a Birthday Kiss(8)
  • Synopsis of Upcoming TVB Series, “Queen Divas”(31)
  • Gigi Lai Attends "Young and Dangerous" Reunion Concert(30)
  • “Meet the Daughters-In-Law” Holds Costume Fitting(25)
  • Angela Tong Shows Off Post Baby Body(20)

• Readers' Comments (30)

1. sandcherry says:

Congratulations!

Annie looked very cute and pretty in the above photo with (or without) little makeup.

2. ap says:

so cuuute!

3. Linnh says:

She is so cute, her cheeks makes me really want to kiss them.

4. sure-lee says:

I remember watching Annie’s drama when I was a little kid =) Congrats to her!

5. Ice says:

Congrats to the happy family.

6. HeTieShou says:

Read this news at another site and Congrats again to Annie and Jason!!

7. Kidd says:

Congrats to Annie Man. The baby is very cute. Her eyes look so traditional chinese eyes. :D

“Annie Man gave birth by Caesarean section”

I thought mothers only opted for C-section when they have complication during birthing and cannot give birth naturally. But, seems like a lot of stars opted for C-section by choice. I wonder why. Is it because of their age?

• jujubean says:

i think they had fortune tellers picked the date.

• elin says:

it could be due to annies age.. or maybe tht particular day means somethng to her. eithr way she looks great.. n bb cute.. wish i could squeeze those chubby cheeks

• HeTieShou says:

I heard that C sections don’t hurt as much as the natural way, but then again it takes more time to recover than giving natural birth.

Another reason is the choosing of the birthdate which I think is a bit silly… I think if you are born naturally then the date will count, but if you puposely try to pick it then I wonder if it is even valid anymore?? People are letting fortune tellers and feng shui masters get to their head. Sometimes it is due to complications like the positioning of the baby, the age of the mother,etc…

• Gia says:

I chose C-section because i get panicky under stress and heard a lot of
        good experiences from people who’ve gone that route.

But after my C-Section, I’m really scared to go under the knife again.
        But i may need to, if i want a second child because they say is more
        risky to have a natural birth after a c-section.I was awake during the
        surgery, all i can remember is that the surgeon and anaesthetist kept
        tugging at my baby because they say she wouldn’t come out. She was
        only 4lbs and 13ozs, imagine if it was a fat baby !

• KD says:

Wow, I am Asian and I gave birth to my baby girl naturally – she weighted 8 lbs and 12 oz.

I don’t think it’s good to do C-Section unless necessary. My cousin who has 3 kids but the last 2 she had to do C-Section due to complication. She cannot have any more kids. When you have C-Section doctor only allow you to do twice and max is three but no more than that…

8. Michelle says:

How old is Annie? The article at beginning is cut off.

• sandcherry says:

Annie Man just turned 36 in July, not too late to have a child.

• HeTieShou says:

She was born in 1976 so she is a dragon too. I wonder how old Jason is?

• sandcherry says:

In that case, it is good for a dragon mother to have a dragon baby!

• HeTieShou says:

Why is it good to be a dragon mother and have a dragon baby? I think dragons are way overrated…

• sandcherry says:

In Chinese traditions, dragon is the most powerful animal and people who are born in the year of the Dragon will have good fate and prosperity throughout their lives.

• HeTieShou says:

I know that Dragons are held in high regard in not just Chinese but other Asian cultures too. However, it is not true not is it a guarantee that those who are born in year of the dragon will have a great and prosperous life for sure. A good example from the circle is Yammie Lam. She was a dragon as well but look at her life now??? I have an uncle that is a dragon but is now unemployed, is controlled by his wife(who is a goat) and has to rely on his wife
          for everything. Therefore, being is not always all great nor does it guarantee anything..

• Rory H. says:

Annie and Jason are of the same age.

• HeTieShou says:

Ok so they are all dragons.. just like in my friend’s family…

• Gar says:

It is really silly how some Asians think that those born in the dragon year are superior, more powerful, luckier, wealthier than those born under the other 11 zodiac signs. It’s just a zodiac sign for crying out loud. So for all of us non-dragons, are we doomed for life???? Stupid is all I can say.

• HeTieShou says:

@Gar,
          I agree and many hold dragons at such high regard that it gets out of control. I know many non dragons that are better than those soul called dragons. Being a dragon does not guarantee anything but everyone always tries to have a dragon thinking that they ate better and superior to everyone else… They are letting Feng shui take over their minds..

• sandcherry says:

Of course it is not guaranteed. If a person is superstitious, he or she will tend to believe it. Or perhaps the chance is better.

9. blurjen says:

i am sure annie’s baby will be as pretty as the mom.

10. RayIan says:

Is this the same Annie Man who act alongside Chilam in Take My Word For It?

• darren says:

Yes sir,

• KD says:

Is she the same one left TVB and go acting for ATV back then? Her acting is okay not so great…I never like her acting….Surprise I didn’t see her in the movie for a long time.

Congrats to both parent! The baby is cute!!!

11. Gar says:

Congrats to Annie and her husband! Beautiful baby!

12. Stephanie says:

Another breakfast dawn example! Thought she just got married in March this year? Why like that….

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription

Never miss any of JayneStars' hottest entertainment news!

Enter your email address: