JayneStars.com logo

Him Law and Mandy Wong’s “Puppy Love” Relationship

By on October 13, 2012

Him Law and Mandy Wong’s “Puppy Love” Relationship thumbnail

Having collaborated five times already, would Him Law (羅仲謙) and Mandy Wong (黃智雯) get sick of working with each other for a sixth time? Him and Mandy immediately replied in unison, “No!”

Twenty-eight-year-old Him Law and 29-year-old Mandy Wong both debuted at around the same time in the industry. In fact, it is perfectly logical to say that they are TVB’s golden twins.  Both Him and Mandy began filming television dramas for TVB in 2008. Both Him and Mandy began to receive notable attention from Hong Kong audiences in 2009 after giving eye-catching performances in D.I.E. Again <古靈精探B> and A Chip Off the Old Block <巴不得爸爸…> respectively. When they starred together in 2010 ’sSuspects in Love <搜下留情>, Him and Mandy received the same amount of attention and popularity from fans.

Since their television debut in 2008, Divas in Distress <巴不得媽媽…>in 2012 was their fifth time collaborating together. Having already appeared in four dramas together, Him and Mandy feared that the audience would perceive them to be a boring and redundant couple. Much to their surprise, not only did the audience not complain, the pairing became even more popular than before.

Him and Mandy expressed that they would not mind working with each other again, but it would be better if they could portray a different relationship next time around. “Maybe siblings, twins, or even sisters!” Mandy said excitedly.

Him added, “Being enemies aren’t bad either… like the kind in which I killed off her entire family,” he joked.

Brotherhood or Sisterhood?

When working in the entertainment industry, it is important to understand that some actors can be very difficult to work with. Some actors demand too much and some actors demand too less. But Him and Mandy never had that problem with each other. They knew each other too well. They are now at the point where they can interpret and read each other’s expressions and movements.

“It’s like my brain stops feeling so heavy when I know I’m working with Mandy,” explained Him. “We know and understand each other’s limits, and we know how to work around them.”

Him said that he takes care of Mandy really well, and compares his attentiveness to that of his character, Vincent, in Divas in Distress. “I’m not gentle on her at all, and I treat her like a man! For example, when I see something wrong with her hair or makeup, I will not help her fix it like what other attentive boyfriends and brothers would do. I will directly say to her that she looks ugly, and I’ll tell her to fix it herself! This is brotherhood!”

So is Him’s relationship with Mandy a kind of brotherhood or sisterhood? Him laughed, “Haha! If you ask this question to Mandy alone, she will definitely say we are sisters. Since you’re asking me, of course I’m going to say that we are brothers!”

Him: “I Have a Very Boring Private Life”

Many Divas in Distress fans found Vincent and Yihei’s relationship to be very romantic, and it has helped Him Law’s female fandom to increase dramatically. Him sighed, “I’m actually not a very romantic person myself. I have a very boring private life. I don’t know how to deal with interpersonal relationships, and I definitely never tried pursuing a girl like how I did in the drama.”

Him continued, “I am actually a pretty talkative person, but somehow whenever I am with a large group of people, I become really quiet. I just don’t know how to socialize!”

Him does not consider himself to be a party animal. He has nowhere else to go after work except going home or going to the gym. When he has free time, he will go out with his friends, but instead of clubbing or drinking, they will go to the beach, take a swim, or walk their dogs.

“Maybe it’s because I live far away, but I really don’t go out very much at night. After work is over at night, all I can think of is to go back home and sleep.”

Him considered moving out from his current home in Tai Po to Kowloon, where it is more convenient for him to get to work. However, after tabloids claimed that Him was in a poor relationship with his family, he decided against it. “I don’t want to fuel the fire. If I really did move out, the tabloids would seize this opportunity to make up more bad things. I do like to view things in an optimistic mindset. I never take these reports seriously. All that matters is that my family understands me. If I do move out, I will definitely leave my keys with them so they can visit me whenever they want.”

Tavia Yeung is Jealous of Mandy Wong?

Him Law and Tavia Yeung (楊怡) reportedly began dating after working together on the set of The Hippocratic Crush <On Call 36小時>. Although both parties denied, Him’s recent “car-shaking” with Tavia has indirectly confirmed that the pair are indeed dating.

Him does not like to talk about his dating life very much. Him believes that the only way a relationship would last is if he complies with fate. He explained that he would only openly admit to a relationship if he gets married.

Mandy, on the other hand, is very open with discussing her relationship with others. Although she is currently single, she hopes that she will be able to find someone who is mature, calm, intelligent, and can give her a sense of security. “I am a very forgetful person, so having someone by my side who can remind me of things is great.”

What about Him? Mandy laughed, “He is too childish and sunny! Our relationship is like a puppy love, a first love.”

Him and Mandy grew a lot closer over the years. Many reports have indicated that because of their close relationship, Tavia has become jealous of Mandy. Him immediately explained, “Nothing like that ever happened, and it won’t happen. Mandy and I technically grew up together.”

TVB’s Most Improved Artists of 2012

In 2012, Him and Mandy appeared in four dramas together – L’Escargot <缺宅男女>, The Hippocratic CrushTiger Cubs <飛虎>, and Divas in Distress. Although the nomination list for 2012’s Most Improved Male and Female Artists are not out yet, it is guaranteed that both Him and Mandy will make it to the top 5 nominations.

Mandy is undoubtedly the strongest and most popular contender for the Most Improved Female Artist award, and she will likely be the one to bring the award home.

However, Him Law is faced with stronger competitors such as Oscar Leung (梁烈唯) and Edwin Siu (蕭正楠). Him is unsure if he will be the ultimate winner, but exclaimed that he has confidence. “When I first joined TVB, I never thought of winning any kind of award. But now, I really want to win one so I can give my family some assurance.”

Source: Oriental Daily via ihktv.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

Tags: , , , , ,

• What to Watch in 2014 Hong Kong Dramas(64)
  • Tavia Yeung and Him Law Teased About Their Plans for the Future(27)
  • [STYLE] 2013 TVB Anniversary Awards(65)
  • [STYLE] TVB Star Awards Malaysia 2013(62)
  • "The Hippocratic Crush 2" Costume Fitting(42)
  • Mandy Wong Brings Good Luck to Oscar Leung(7)
  • Results of "2012 Best of TVB Awards" @ JayneStars.com(78)
  • 2012 Astro Awards: Kenneth Ma and Tavia Yeung Reign as TV King and Queen (337)
  • Kate Tsui and Wayne Lai to Win TV Queen and TV King?(159)
  • “Divas in Distress” Cast Holds Celebration Party(28)

• Readers' Comments (122)

1. aptos says:

Best of luck to both in their love lives and professional lives as well regardless of the tabloid gossips…

2. AL says:

i love to see them together…in drama…or in real life…wish Mandy will find a Mr. Right…if he is not Him!

3. Linnh says:

Sorry to say this, but Him look better with Mandy than with TY. I don’t know but somehow then I find TY to look older than Him (well she is older too) She looks more like a big sister, while Mandy I don’t know they just look good together lol

• AL says:

i think manyXmany agree with you that Him match better with Mandy than TY…sigh!!!it is all the matter of TIMING…Him was so heart breaking with his x-girlfriend when he was filing on-call 36…during that time he meet TY (older sister)…of course…it is yes for Him to fell in love with…sigh…

• Vivien says:

TY gives Himhim motherly and reminds Himhim of his mom. He must be feel secure in TY’s motherly embrace and end up loyal to TY and willing to let her do anything on his lap.

• Josie says:

Haha… So u are saying tavia took advantage of HimHim when he was vulnerable and is now controlling him like his mama?

• Vivien says:

Agreed. Himhim better with Mandy but Goddess TY already got him and car shaking event just proved their relationship.

• Jo says:

Absolutely! Him and Mandy just somehow look perfect together!

• Kristy says:

Yes, that’s true. I hope they will make Diva in distress 2 so they can be a couple again.

• Annabelle Chew says:

agree !!

4. neda says:

They should just DO IT and get it over with.

5. aptos says:

Currently, Mandy’s only shotfall is that she can not play the regal or elegant roles based on her current looks such wearing a long gown/dress. She can however play the sophisticated or hard nose, tough character persona easily such as a lawyer, police detective, etc.

As for Him Law, with his looks today, it is difficult for him to play the intelligent or business professional character versus he would excel in roles as the “young master” who needs to gets his way or rebellious or play the character as a misunderstood young person always chastised by others in society.

• Vivien says:

I never seen Himhim in any other era than modern. Can Himhim play a Qing bald or a 1920′s role? LOL hard to imagine ROFL

6. Vivien says:

Poor Mandy. TY already claim Himhim as her car shaking partner :(

• AL says:

But Him Him only 28….he might change his mind…hopefully…and hope TY will let him goes…set him free…hahaha

• Vivien says:

LOL that we don’t know but now these two are officially well known as the car shaking and lappy couple in HK although they are too thick skinned to admit LOL.

Do you guys know that Himhim made fun of TY lap situation in an interview yesterday LOl.

7. Wilson says:

i think both of their series released too fast this year lol. they are left with little stocks in their hands now.

normally most improved winners of the year are stuck with similar case. So, i am sure these two will win most improved together in the night.

8. Wilson says:

Mandy & Him have the looks, acting and audience fate to become the next dongka fadan and siusang.

• Vivien says:

For that Mandy need to upgrade her looks. Now she can look plain most of the time although her acting can give her great moments like Kwan Yi Soh.

Himhim already has the looks and body now but he needs to upgrade his acting and make it acting more varied.

Both of them also never tried an ancient series yet.

• Vivien says:

Their competitors Edwin, Oscar, Sire Ma, JJ all have experience in modern, premodern and ancient but Himhim and Mandy only limited to modern. They need to show more versatileness LOL

• Vivien says:

Why TVB only give modern series to Himhim and Mandy? The only other era Mandy got was 1960′s in ACOTOB. She was cute in that!

• Fox says:

Mandy dun really have an ancient look. Maybe this is why?

• Vivien says:

Same like Himhim we never see Mandy in ancient so hard to say now. TVB really need to give these two an ancient series to see how they look in those.

• Fox says:

I think there were a sale presentation clip of Mandy in ancient clothes and she dun look ancient to me.

• Vivien says:

If you mean the supposedly lesbian oriented clip with TY, that clip never come out from TVB.

• Vivien says:

Mandy looks plain most of the time anyway so I don’t expect her to look good LOL

• Fox says:

I don’t rmb if there is anymore goddess in this clip, but I rmb I saw Mandy in a clip. She dun look plain to me, just lacks the ancient feel.

• Nicole says:

Btw I don’t think Mandy is plain. She looks pretty in the photo with Him Law. But she doesn’t dress nicely or doll up.
          Remember some actress said she is tomboy and doesn’t wear revealing clothes, then when she gained fame she turn 360 degree, and became the long-nosed goddess of (Wannabe) beauty and money.

• Nicole says:

Hope mandy is not like her.

• Agnes says:

Mandy look more pretty than TY

9. Wilson says:

JJ won’t have chance this year, sad to say, but it’s true. She is not highly favored this year.

News rate, News exposure, public performances, calender arrangement has proven it. This year is Mandy vs Christine kuo for most improved female judging from the promotion level.
      For sire, no need to mention, she has already won last year.

Most improved male – Edwin and Oscar will just jump straight to best supporting. So no competition here either.

• Wilson says:

hopefully next year or 2014 we can see him and mandy trying out on ancient series. I think him will look good in prince roles. What do you think? As for mandy, hmm… i think maid roles or those female fighters will suit her.

• Vivien says:

Christine Kuo winning anything will make the media forgot about BAs and run straight to the accented goddess.

• Fox says:

Christine Kuo can be in top 5 like Aimee last year.

But do you think Aimee will win Best supporting?

• Vivien says:

Aimee has good comments from her TLSA character. LOL she and other supporting casts are pushing Moses and Maggie to background. Poor them.

• Nicole says:

I watched aimee’s rape scene to see if it’s good, and I just LOLEd, she looked ridiculous when she was trying to run, and
          looked like a big head inflatable doll.

Her rape scene FAIL. Hope Kate’s better.

• Vivien says:

I remember Funn said Aimee’s standout scene was the aftermath of the scene and not the rape scene itself. I think it was some crying on a bicycle ride or something.

• Nicole says:

I didn’t watch that. The rape scene was just too ridiculously bad acting that I can’t go on. LOL It was like cartoon.

• Vivien says:

I didn’t watch both but just curious about many people praising Aimee’s crying and emoting skills in TLSA.

• Vivien says:

Since Aimee managed to get praises for acting in TLSA, that means LTS really can create magic and bring out gems from below par actresses.

• Vivien says:

Wait I have a feeling Eliza Sam will be nominated Most Improved but won’t win. She’s a big hit in HK now.

10. Vivien says:

“Many reports have indicated that because of their close relationship, Tavia has become jealous of Mandy”

LOL!

• AL says:

who care if Tavia is jealous! i hope she find someone else and let go Him…sigh

• Josie says:

Since Mandy said their relationship is like puppy love or first love, does that mean they did date?
        No wonder tavia is jealous and need to show him love anywhere and anytime.

11. Fox says:

98% they will win this most improve one respectfully, but there is a chance that Edwin will win because he is the new fave of Catherine Tsang.

• Vivien says:

Means Edwin vs Himhim now. What about Oscar then. No way Oscar getting BS because that would be an obvious award for So Gei and I saw from recent happenings that So Gei is getting attention from 620.

• Fox says:

I guess Oscar will get supporting and So Gei is only in top 5. The future of Oscar is longer than So Gei. Unfortunately, between Oscar and Koo Ming Wah, I choose Koo Ming Wah although I really like Oscar.

• Vivien says:

So Gei not winning will cause a riot and I don’t see TVB giving him Favourite Character because that one seems reserved for siu sangs more LOL

• Fox says:

Laughing dun get Favourite Chac in 09 and there were no riot, so dun be worried.

• Vivien says:

Didn’t Laughing got Best Supporting.

• Larry 3 says:

Not with the lunatic fans out there. So Gei has to win something.

• Fox says:

Yup, but only Best supporting. Most of ppl think he’ll win Most fave chac.

12. Gar says:

How old is the above photo? Him looks so young in the pic and very baby face. On the other hand, Mandy looks great, I still prefer her in long hair versus the shorter hairstyle she has now.

It really makes me wonder what TY sees in Him because Mandy quotes Him as being childish so doesn’t TY feel like she is taking care of a younger brother instead of a boyfriend? Does she date Him to make her feel younger as well?

13. ... says:

i love them together!
      both good at acting

14. Alyssa says:

I don’t care if some people hate on these two , but I believe Mandy and Him will become one of the future Sui Sans and Fadans and I think as a couple they have great chemistry :)

15. CHo says:

At least, Mandy and Him Law’s reaction to collaborating together is better than Kate’s reactions to working with Ron again…she said it was “boring.” at least they are looking at this as an opportunity! Great picture though!

16. momo says:

I never get sick of this pairing! They have great chemistry together :)

17. Jo says:

My most fav pairing ever! Why can’t they be a couple in real life? WHY???

18. Agnes says:

Look like the TY car shaking news badly damaged TY image

• Nicole says:

LOL, I think Tavia’s image has been damaged ever since her nose started getting longer. Her popularity is decreasing by the day.
        Mainly because:
        1. Him’s fans don’t like her.
        2. Her long nose is too ugly and weird.
        3. Acting is stagnant and boring.

• Agnes says:

Tavia’s nose was ok but now too long and weird

• AL says:

I am glad that Mandy will (pretty much for sure) get the prize this year…but kind of worry…not sure what TVB is doing…Mandy is not in any of their new casting drama 2013?! I love to see Mandy have more opportunity..

• Vivien says:

LOL and TY’s chance to get BA also affected.

• Vivien says:

Latest heresay around TVB for awards:LF and Kate are the favourites of senior managements LOL. Poor TY.

據知無綫內部已流傳五強名單,林峯、黎耀祥、鄭嘉穎、馬國明、黃宗澤爭奪視帝;林峯很大機會全民公投下登頂,且《雷霆掃毒》收視口碑不俗,據知高層也屬意他稱帝!徐子珊、胡杏兒、楊怡、鍾嘉欣、米雪將成五角混戰,子珊被睇高一線:

• Vivien says:

Look at their percentages. TY is lower than Kate and Myolie LOL.

• Vivien says:

For BSA, KMW and Aimee are the top.

「最佳男、女配角」大熱】「蘇基」@jj古明華,現時只有《造王者》@張國強kk@敖嘉年、《雷霆》@黃智賢 有機會挑戰,古明華攞獎可謂坐定粒六。女配方面,@陳茵媺Aimee 《天梯》演技甚有突破,熱門人選,@胡定欣nancywu 亦大捧場客,@江美儀 可能陪跑居多:http://t.cn/zlYSuE9

• Vivien says:

Most Improved still not sure if Mandy and Himhim can win together. Mandy almost sure to take it home but Himhim, Edwin and Oscar has strong competition with Edwin now the executives most favourite.

「飛躍進步男、女藝員」大熱】男藝員方面以@蕭正楠Edwin 呼聲較高,已被安排演出重頭劇《巾幗梟雄3》《巨輪》。次熱則是@梁烈唯 及@羅仲謙,鑑於謙仔非「親生仔」,奪獎機會甚微,只餘下蕭正楠及唯唯鬥過!女藝員方面是4劇在手的@黃智雯Mandy 的囊中物:

• Wilson says:

i think edwin should just jump straight to best supporting… his acting level is already near siusangs level. Same goes to Oscar who has been in the industry for so long.

• Wilson says:

Mandy is like a guaranteed to win already. She is theo nly candidate that keeps getting mentioned. Others, no… none at all! they are just being stated as have chances of nominating but not winning.

• lol says:

It’s interesting

Kate: 80%
          Myolie: 75%
          Tavia: 70%
          Linda: 70%
          Michelle: 50%

Raymond: 80%
          Wayne: 70%
          Kevin: 70%
          Bosco: 65%
          Kenneth: 50%

• lol says:

I think Mandy has no rival too. It’s too shocking if suddenly TVB awards someone else.

19. Jo says:

Just realised that they have rather similar facial features…

20. Marie says:

well ah yi just wants to find a guy. him was there and he liked her so she clung on to him, wanting a ring soon. she’ll settle for any guy at this point. but it’s obvious to everyone’s eyes that mandy and him are adorable and belong together. *sigh* i wish they could be together

21. Agnes says:

I hope they can collaborating again soon, looking forward. They have great chemistry together

22. Roxy says:

Am I the only one who doesn’t like this “couple” and they are overrated.

23. hcfoo says:

I would love to see their pairing again!

24. ch says:

omg Him and Mandy so cute in this pic together :3

25. olivia says:

They do have similar features. It would be great to see them act as siblings though. Him and Mandy do seem to have this close brother-sister relationship in real life. We can witness firsthand how they really are, plus they would be very natural.

BUT, I would be ecstatic if they continue to act as lovers. Haha maybe they can switch their characters in suspects in love where Him plays the shy boy having a crush on Mandy. Lol

26. :) says:

Aww, Him and Mandy look so cute together :)
      Hope to see them in more series in the future

27. lol says:

I think both of them will get the Most Improved this year based on their publicity and exposure

28. LamFungFan says:

Him Law is so handsome like. I want DID2

29. GL says:

Mandy still rank #5 at TVB Popularity Ranking (TVB.com)…it is pretty good consider her drama is not in air now…(she was rank #1 last month for many weeks)…really want TVB give her more dramas/shows…want to see her success…love her image…pure, pretty, work hard…

• clamine says:

TVB.com ranking doesn’t mean squat. It is either same group of fans mindlessly, repeatedly clicking or computer generated input. In the years past, for months and months, Yoyo Mung topped the ranking with over 800,000 hits, repeat, 800,000 hits. And the hits for top 10 ranking in those years were always in 10s of thousands, if not 100s of thousands. If anything, the amount of hits just indicates whose fans are most persistent and willing to do mindless clicking for a certain time period.

30. Hannahh says:

Love them both and they do look good onscreen n offscreen as a couple haha! GoodLuck to both! I do hope Oscar win as much as i love Him Him!

31. CocoPanda says:

Nooo….hopefully they will be together in the future. I truly think that they look good together. Oh well hopefully they have more dramas where they’re a couple!

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription

Never miss any of JayneStars' hottest entertainment news!

Enter your email address: