Benny Chan and Wife Lisa Jiang Welcome 8-Pound Son

By on September 24, 2013 in NEWS

Benny Chan (陳浩民) and his wife Lisa Jiang (蔣麗莎) welcomed their second child on September 23. Currently filming in China, Benny requested a month off from his busy schedule to accompany his wife in the delivery room. The second-time father found the birth touching and praised his wife for her strength.

Benny and Lisa scheduled the birth yesterday so that their son will share the same astrological sign with his father. Because the couple had previous experience with Caesarean section during their daughter Elizabeth’s (陳雅薷) birth, Benny was fully prepared this time and calmly sat next to his wife as they chatted throughout the procedure.

Since Hong Kong was greatly affected by super typhoon Usagi over the weekend, some of Benny’s friends jokingly suggested naming the newborn “Tin To”, the Cantonese term for Usagi. Weighing 8.3 pounds, Benny and Lisa’s son was ultimately given the name Chan Ging Hin (陳璟軒). Despite being born under poor weather, little Ging Hin seems ready to enjoy life, smiling soon after entering the world. Regarding his experiences, Benny said, “My wife’s tummy has not completely healed yet after the surgery, and it is still bleeding. I didn’t cut the umbilical cord. After my son was born, he cried a little bit but soon smiled. I was very touched at that moment, and once again felt the greatness of a mother’s love.”

Benny also praised his wife. When asked if Lisa cried after meeting their son, Benny said, “No. She is very strong. She immediately began to breast feed even though her wounds have yet to heal. My wife is the happiest one of all because her wish had come true. She was able to wait until now so that our son can be a Libra. We chose the auspicious date and time to undergo the procedure. We will seek advice from a fortune teller to see if the name we have chosen will be a good fit for our son. I wish him good health. He doesn’t have to accomplish great things, but most importantly he should not become a burden on our society.”

Benny Chan baby  Benny Chan baby 5

Source: Oriental Daily

This article is written by Katrine for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Benny Chan and Wife Lisa Jiang Welcome 8-Pound Son

• Photo of Benny Chan Shaving His Wife Stirs Controversy(31)
  • Benny Chan Welcomes Fourth Baby(10)
  • Benny Chan Enjoys Family Time with Three Kids(2)
  • Benny Chan Confirms Wife's Fourth Pregnancy(4)
  • Benny Chan Shares Family Photos(7)
  • Benny Chan Welcomes Third Child's Arrival(28)
  • Benny Chan And Wife Expecting Third Child(30)
  • Caught Feeding Woman, Benny Chan's Fidelity Towards Wife is Questioned(28)
  • Benny Chan Cherishes Wife, Lisa Chiang(2)
  • EEG Invests $10 Billion in the Chinese Film Industry(3)

• 31 comments to Benny Chan and Wife Lisa Jiang Welcome 8-Pound Son

Eh I thought given birth already a long time ago? Wait! Second time? So soon got another?

• windy replied:

Exactly my thoughts hahaha…All I know of this guy is the porky hand incident n then he had a daughter last year or something. I guess they like the 3 years w/2 kids mode. haha…

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
    2. Ironfingers says:

Congrats to him and his wife, the baby looks cute!

Login or Register before you can reply to Ironfingers
    3. m0m0 says:

very cute baby!

Login or Register before you can reply to m0m0
    4. happybi says:

Congratulations! What a cute baby!

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
    5. holiday says:

the baby is such a cutie!

Login or Register before you can reply to holiday
    6. her says:

Congrats to Benny and wife! Hope he returns to TVB like other vets! :I

Login or Register before you can reply to her
    7. Yum says:

I’m sorry but I had to pinpoint how obvious her nose job was.

Login or Register before you can reply to Yum
      • sophia replied:

Yeah. The baby is cute but he has a big nose like his parents.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
      • HeTieShou replied:

Yea, that is how many of those artists who lie about getting PS will get exposed. When they have kids, their actual and natural looks is what will pass onto their kids. I always saw how unnatural Lisa’s nose was.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • HeTieShou replied:

Did you guys ever read the story about this one husband who divorced his wife after he found out how she really looked?? Basically, they had a kid that looked nothing like the both of them so the husband thought she cheated on him. However, it was because she had PS so she showed him a photo of her before she had PS and he got so scared that he divorced her…

Anyways, Congrats to Benny and Lisa! Their baby is sooooo cute!!

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    8. Chi chi says:

Wah bb looks like his mould.

Login or Register before you can reply to Chi chi
    9. HeTieShou says:

I wonder why people are still trying to pick a certain time and date for the birth of their kids?? I don’t think it is valid anymore. Your birthdate can only be valid if it is natural. However, if you purposely try to pick it, I highly doubt that it will work anymore.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Funn Lim replied:

Still an active practice, like year of the dragon, etc. They don’t care; they just want good fortune. Being born naturally at some certain time not deliberately done to me is also highly doubtful of any good fortune anyway. It is superstition but I suppose try to avoid 1st of January? 1st to get older by 1 year! Or year of the pig?

• HeTieShou replied:

Gosh, do not remind me about the year of the dragon. I got into an argument with one of my former friends about that and we are now no longer friends. I personally do not see what is the big deal of being a dragon or not since it does not guarantee a good and happy life. Yammie Nam is a dragon but look at her life for example. I have never heard of avoiding Jan.1 before. What is wrong with the year of the pig?? My parents told me to avoid the year of the tiger since they have an unstable love life, but I have seen how untrue that is in many cases. People just allow this stuff to get to their heads. My parents really believe in it so it rubbed off on me as well even though I try to fight it.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • LeilaFan replied:

I don’t believe in superstition. I also heard about the year of the Tiger is bad love life for women, but I can prove this not true. I personally know a friend since my college days, she is quite lucky in her love life. She met a neurosurgeon and get married, her husband make very well income as a neurosurgeon, she a stay home mom.

Login or Register before you can reply to LeilaFan
        • HeTieShou replied:

My parents did not say that tigers always have a unlucky love life. They told me that they have an unstable and sometimes sad love life and cannot only have 1 spouse in their lives but must have at least 2. They said that their sign is so strong that their spouse will die before them so they have to remarry. However, I do not believe that but my parents do and my late father told me to never marry one.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
        • Kidd replied:

Wow, HTS. You broke friendship over such trivial reason? It’s just a different opinion on a topic. It’s not even sensitive subject like political or religious belief.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
        • HeTieShou replied:

Actually, it was more than that but that was one of the reasons why.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    10. jc says:

Their baby skin is so smooth feel like biting this cute baby. Congrats.

Login or Register before you can reply to jc
    11. Woooo says:

It felt like it was only recently that Benny chan was involved in the rose chan scandal and his wife was heavily pregnant with their daughter. Now, the family is perfect with a boy and a girl

Login or Register before you can reply to Woooo
    12. jade says:

Oh for crying out loud… don’t judge a baby’s nose so soon. Chinese features take a while to mature so I’ve noticed.

Login or Register before you can reply to jade
    13. scorpio2010 says:

Is this cheap guy still popular? Knew nothing abt him till that molesting incident.

Login or Register before you can reply to scorpio2010
      • lol replied:

His huge in mainland

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
        • lol replied:

Mainland people think its the girl to blame

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
        • kit-kat replied:

Never heard of this dude at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to kit-kat
      • windy replied:

@scorpio2010,

hahhaa U n me both, i know practically nothing about this dude until that porky hand w/the 19 yo incident as well. haha….

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
      • lol replied:

Really u guys never heard of him well his been in a lot of mainland dramas over the years maybe just no articles about him until what happened with that girl

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
        • lol replied:

His last 3 mainland series took his career to a new level and they were a massive hit from what I heard

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    14. KL Lang says:

Baby is super cute 🙂

Btw, I thought one has to wait at least 2yrs after a c-section b4 getting pregnant again???

Amazing how she can 2 babies via csec in such a short time…

Login or Register before you can reply to KL Lang
    15. Kidd says:

The baby looks so much like daddy. He’s sooooo cute. 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd