Christine Kuo Dubbed as the New “Boyfriend Stealer”

By on July 31, 2013 in NEWS

Over the past year, Christine Kuo (苟芸慧) has constantly been the subject of dating gossip. Dubbed as the third party in Lynn Hung (熊黛林) and Aaron Kwok’s (郭富城) breakup, she earlier faced enormous pressure. This negativity built up as recent tabloids stated Christine intervened in Oscar Leung (梁烈唯) and his girlfriend’s relationship. Feeling helpless, she allegedly underwent a breakdown that took a toll on her health.

Weighing 115 pounds when she first entered the entertainment industry, Christine was never considered to be skinny by Hong Kong standards. After filming all day and night for TVB, as well as facing media pressure, her weight eventually increased to 150 pounds. Along with this, Christine developed endocrine disorders and suffered from insomnia.

Christine’s career has been affected by her weight gain, as she lost opportunities to film for advertisements. Currently, she is desperately trying to lose weight by going on a diet, working out at the gym, doing yoga, and eating traditional Chinese medicine. Unfortunately, the process of losing weight is slow, and at times, it would even backfire. Christine’s weight still hovers between 130 to 140 pounds.

Support From Colleagues

Oscar Leung told the press that Christine is a happy girl, and showed no signs of depression.  In terms of the rumored intervention between his relationship with girlfriend, Tina, Oscar expressed, “What’s the big deal? It’s best to be rumored with me, because everyone knows it’s false!”

Christine’s good friend, Grace Wong (王君馨), revealed, “I know she has been visiting the doctor to condition her health. Everyone provided her with many suggestions. Some people told her to work out at the gym or get detoxified. The most important thing is to find a suitable way for her body. She has been working very hard to lose weight. I’ve seen her eat very little. However, it’s different for everyone, because some people become fat just by drinking water. I will pray for her.”

Eliza Sam (岑麗香), another one of Christine’s good friends, expressed, “I haven’t seen her in a long time, since I’ve been busy filming Mr. and Mrs. Bean <貓屎媽媽>. But I have been praying for her health.”

Source: 3 Weekly #721 via ihktv.com

This article is written by Shirley for JayneStars.com.

34 comments to Christine Kuo Dubbed as the New “Boyfriend Stealer”

1. Daisy says:

This is what happened to Sonija Kwok before! I guess Christine is the new target now.

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
    • Shrimpboat replied:

That was my first thought too! The media is so evil…

Login or Register before you can reply to Shrimpboat
      • Michael replied:

wait, Sonija Kwok used to be fat?

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael
      • Lily replied:

Sadly, Sonjia was targeted as a husband/boyfriend stealer as well.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lily
    • Coconut replied:

Sonija Did try to steal someone’s husband. Micheal Tao. Christine only rumor, no proof.

Login or Register before you can reply to Coconut
      • sophia replied:

really? what was the proof? I thought it was just rumors.

Login or Register before you can reply to sophia
  2. airtranbay says:

if u work day and night and feeling pressure, do you usually lose weight? how you gain weight instead?

Login or Register before you can reply to airtranbay
    • Coconut replied:

Some eat more when under stress. Binge eating?

Login or Register before you can reply to Coconut
    • Iris replied:

Some of us less fortunate human beings tend to gain weight under pressure. When I’m too busy, I usually lack sleep and use food to supplement energy. I also would have less time to exercise =(

Login or Register before you can reply to Iris
    • YQ replied:

Some researches have shown that lack of sleep tends to give you a few more pounds as opposed to the belief of you shedding it. :/

Either that or Christine may be at her weight from genetics, binge eating or other health reasons.

Login or Register before you can reply to YQ
    • HeTieShou replied:

That’s what I was thinking too. If I get stressed, I eat less and would lose weight. I wonder how people gain weight when they are stressed out??

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  3. Michael says:

Very unprofessional. She is a spokesperson for a diet company but loves her food too much.

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael
    • TVBFanatic replied:

Christine has been the subject of nearly constant attacks from the media, netizens, and people like yourself.

She’s human above all else…. it could be she eats in times of stress. Many people deal with stress in different ways. I prefer to shop, my wife likes to sleep (as an example).

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
  4. TVBFanatic says:

Christine needs to develop a thicker skin and stop reading the press and the internet for awhile. Confidence and a healthy outlook will do her wonders.

Watching calories and exercise are the best ways to loose weight. Skip the fads, medicine, herbal remedies etc.. there isn’t an easy way to do it.

I share Eliza’s sentiment. Be strong!

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
  5. exoidus says:

I can already envision in 6 months time the headline “200lb boyfriend stealer strikes again” LOL

Seems like she has some hormone issues which cause her metabolism to slow down since dieting and/or working out doesn’t seem to work.

I think she needs to step up her intensity while doing cardio i.e interval training in order to jump start her metabolism.

Perhaps start practising the secret art of shaolin 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
    • May replied:

That’s so mean! 😛

It takes a lot of will and dedication. I hope she can prevails.

She needs some total Insanity work out!

Login or Register before you can reply to May
      • exoidus replied:

Haha, im not mean la 😛

She better start doing something soon otherwise it will be even harder. Once she reaches 200lbs she might not even be able to run as it will put too much pressure on her knees.

Yeah it requires extreme willpower to do interval training (esp. when one is out of shape) as shortness of breath isn’t exactly a great feeling…

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
  6. breakfast says:

or she can quit the entertainment industry, there are other means of earning a living, not many can make it ‘rich’ in this world

Login or Register before you can reply to breakfast
  7. bbfanny says:

If Christine can at least act decently in her series, the negative reaction at her won’t be this negative. Does she have fans now that she’s getting fatter and no more sexy curvy Christine?

Login or Register before you can reply to bbfanny
    • YQ replied:

She’s really “wooden” and has horrible spoken Cantonese. Wish she could learn or improvise a little.

Login or Register before you can reply to YQ
  8. aptos says:

Christine should not worry about losing weight but rather be proportional to her height. If she is thick boned, then she will be heavier than someone who is thin boned with the same height. Staying healthy versus staying slim is the ojective. Remember that muscle is heavier than fat so if she works out constantly and looks proportional, I would be satisfied instead of letting others dictate your weight.In the entertainment business, the executives are out to make money off of you and not too concern about your health.

Login or Register before you can reply to aptos
    • Michael replied:

Would you just look at a picture of her at 68kg first before blah blah blah

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael
      • aptos replied:

Sorry, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder so it is my perspective blag to you Michael POS.

Login or Register before you can reply to aptos
      • Michael replied:

You were just talking about how she is just big boned and healthy. And I merely told you to just look at her at 68kg. Anyone seeing the fat squeezing out of her dress would know that is not healthy at all no matter how big or tall you are. Sheesh.

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael
  9. Hope says:

She don’t seem like the boy-friend stealing kind.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hope
  10. picklehead says:

OMG, pray for her? It’s not like she has an eating disorder or a disease. she gained weight, not a big deal. I guess by HK standards of toothpicks sure she seems bigger but big deal.

I really wonder, alot of HK foods in general are high in fat or oil, how do people eat this stuff and remain so skinny, is it high metabolism? DOn’t give me that thing about workng out because imo alot of these actresses don’t have muscle, they are just skinny for the most part.

Login or Register before you can reply to picklehead
    • Michael replied:

I think HK diet companies are on a par with Korean cosmetic surgery companies.

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael
  11. Maria says:

Poor girl.

Login or Register before you can reply to Maria
  12. HeTieShou says:

I wonder how true a lot of things said in this article are?? hm….

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  13. Lam Lam says:

Somehow I thought this news has been repeated over and over again for the past few months.

Really…130-140 pounds fat? Please! She looks healthy!

Login or Register before you can reply to Lam Lam
    • Michael replied:

That’s not the picture of her at 68kg. Google and you will see the truth.

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael
  14. Lily says:

Seriously, she still looks fantastic EVEN if she’s 130, 140, or 150 pounds!

Login or Register before you can reply to Lily
  15. Lin here w/Dwight says:

She goes back to her original weight then goes back to Aaron. Sounds like a movie about to take place.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lin here w/Dwight
  16. Siro123 says:

Rumor, rumor, Rumor. Just rumors to get Christine on screen. Positive of negative. On screen is on screen. Letting more people to know Who she is. I know her: she can’t act and can’t spreak fluently cantonese. Don’t get me wrong. She is beautifull. Maybe billboard or commercials or MV’s. When she will speak fluently cantonese, let het”r play a role then.

Login or Register before you can reply to Siro123