Fan Bingbing to Make Film Comeback After Tax Evasion Scandal

By on September 26, 2020 in China, NEWS

Fan Bingbing to Make Film Comeback After Tax Evasion Scandal

In 2018, Chinese actress Fan Bingbing‘s (范冰冰) reputation and career took a huge hit due to her tax fraud scandal. After a two-year hiatus, she is now gradually returning to the public eye again and becoming more active on social media. In an interview, she revealed that she is making her comeback soon.

The star shared, “We are in the midst of developing a script. Once the script is complete, there will be a new movie for me to film. I will let all my friends know when the film is ready to start shooting.”

However, this journey for a comeback has not been an easy one, as the road had many obstacles. It is also unclear if Bingbing will succeed since she supposedly starred in seven completed productions, but none of them saw the light of day yet. In August, Wu Xiubo‘s (吳秀波) company also sued Bingbing’s studio for contract related issues.

Seeing that Bingbing suffered a huge blow, the interviewer asked what her biggest regret is, and she answered, “If we are talking about regrets, there are regrets everywhere. If you say life doesn’t have regrets, then regrets would not exist.”

Source: Sing Tao Daily

This article is written by Hailey for JayneStars.com.

8 comments to Fan Bingbing to Make Film Comeback After Tax Evasion Scandal

1. chena says:

It’s such a joke she was singled out for tax fraud when most ccp governments officials are corrupt themselves.

Login or Register before you can reply to chena
  2. jingxi2943 says:

We love you fbibi!

Login or Register before you can reply to jingxi2943
  3. hetieshou says:

I wonder if anyone cares to watch her anymore. She can try but whether she will be successful or not is a different story.

Login or Register before you can reply to hetieshou
  4. funnlim says:

I was quite enjoying Cdrama without her. I find her overrated. She probably works best as talent manager.

Login or Register before you can reply to funnlim
  5. coralie says:

I predicted a while back that she wouldn’t be the type to sit back and do nothing. She has too much ambition to not try again. It’s definitely uncertain whether she will rise up to her previous status, but going by her promotions on just cosmetics alone and the sales she gets, I’m gonna say she has a market. I don’t like her as an actress, but she has lasting power.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
  6. afan202 says:

If the Chinese government is against her, she wouldn’t go too far. Her face is the typical result of excessive plastic surgery. I just can’t even look at her.

Login or Register before you can reply to afan202
    • hetieshou replied:

@afan202
      Very true unless she immigrates elsewhere. Her face is not that plastic. She did have some work done but still overall looks like her old self. You should see her childhood photos. She did not change that much like Viann Zhang for example.

Login or Register before you can reply to hetieshou
  7. tnhb says:

Good acting skill and hope to see her new series.

Login or Register before you can reply to tnhb