Former Flight Attendant Airs Owen Cheung’s “Dirty Laundry”

By on January 20, 2021 in NEWS

Former Flight Attendant Airs Owen Cheung’s “Dirty Laundry”

Exciting opportunities abound for Owen Cheung (張振朗) and Katy Kung (龔嘉欣) after winning TVB Most Popular Male Character and Most Popular Female Character awards. While they seem to be everywhere these days, gossip is brewing over what the artistes are really like behind the cameras. A former flight attendant by the name of “Stewardess Sa” went on Youtube to share her impression of the two artistes, including airing Owen’s “dirty laundry.”

Negative Impression of Owen

Familiar with his true personality, Stewardess Sa was taken back when she heard Owen’s acceptance speech about the importance of respecting others and blasted the actor for being fake on stage.

“I felt like exploding. He said it is important to respect others before being respected. Don’t joke around. I have a friend with a good career, but he likes to act. He worked at [TVB] as a temporary actor for many years. When we met up, I asked him who is the most hated actor. He thought for a bit and said Mr. Cheung likes to pretend to be a big shot who treats others differently based on their status, specifically flattering those above him and stepping on those beneath him,” Stewardess Sa said.

Continuing her rant, Stewardess Sa further compared Owen to Wayne Lai  (黎耀祥), who is well respected by all levels of employees at TVB. “Wayne is a good person. When he won the Best Actor, even TVB’s cleaning staff went up to congratulate him. Mr. Cheung should learn from him.  If you want respect, you need to treat everyone equally.”

When reached for comments over the controversy, Owen responded, “I’ve seen the reports, but I won’t respond to matters that are not true. Friends who know me know what type of person I am, so there’s no need for me to explain too much. I’ll just do my best.”

Katy Gave Up Marriage for Her Career?

On the other hand, Stewardess Sa has many praises for Katy Kung, and believes that she deserved the Most Popular Female Character and Malaysia’s Favorite TVB Actress awards due to her diligence.

“I always knew that Katy is a TVB actress, but I didn’t have any [strong] impressions until I watched her act in Death By Zero <殺手>. It was eye-opening, and she acted really well especially since she did a lot of her own stunts. This was her breakthrough drama. I felt her sincerity when she thanked Wayne Lai in her winning speech.”

Stewardess Sa also revealed gossip on Katy and her Malaysian ex-boyfriend, “According to my Malaysian friend who received a wedding invitation, Katy was going to marry into a rich family. However, she gave up being a rich housewife to focus on her career!”

Sources: Ming Pao, HK01

This article is written by Sammi for JayneStars.com.

23 comments to Former Flight Attendant Airs Owen Cheung’s “Dirty Laundry”

1. jingxi2943 says:

Talented actor and actress:)

Login or Register before you can reply to jingxi2943
  2. wm2017 says:

He does have a cocky attitude same as the girl pictured w him up there. lol….Sometimes it shows on the way he acts but TVB probably doesn’t care about such attitudes of people as long as they what obey them? lol….

Login or Register before you can reply to wm2017
  3. summerdale says:

That’s not the first time I’ve heard that said about Owen… There might be some truth in it in that he’s not the ‘nice guy’ that we imagine him to be. Ah well… we are not here to be besties with him, so I don’t really care to be honest!! On a totally separate point, I remember seeing him in person years ago (before he became famous) at a casual ramen restaurant in Soho. He was on his own at that time, he quickly finished up his ramen and left. I was with friends but noticed him. I recognised him although he was only playing itty-bitty roles at that time.

Login or Register before you can reply to summerdale
  4. theyenman says:

Maybe it’s just me, but he’s never given off the impression that he is naturally a nice guy. Whenever I see him, I feel like he’s just faking being a nice guy, and that he’s actually pretty arrogant.

Login or Register before you can reply to theyenman
    • janet72 replied:

@theyenman there is no smoke without fire. I believe the flight attendant has nothing to gain by airing Owen Cheung’s dirty linen if he is ugly behind cameras.
      people are like that…before they gain fame, they are nice…but once they become popular, nose goes up in the air.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
  5. xystus says:

I saw Owen at a grocery store in Apliu Street yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
    He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
    I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
    The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
    When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Login or Register before you can reply to xystus
  6. sherla1019 says:

some ppl show their true side when there’s no camera around or they think no one notice scary aint it

Login or Register before you can reply to sherla1019
  7. m0m0 says:

i heard that there are a few other just like him. i don’t think he’s a unique breed.

Login or Register before you can reply to m0m0
  8. gnomageddon says:

That’s unfortunate if it’s true. I had a nice impression of him onscreen but I guess you just never know. Taking this with a grain of salt but like they say in Chinese, the wind does not come without cause. Hope he realizes that he will get further in life and at work when he learns how to treat everyone, regardless of status, with respect. Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking (like Louis Koo and his charitable acts). And money and fame can buy you a lot of things but not class.

Login or Register before you can reply to gnomageddon
  9. summerdale says:

No wait, I think the above encounter at Apliu Street was not for real as pointed out by someone else above. It was taken off Reddit. But yes, I have head that Owen is not a nice dude

Login or Register before you can reply to summerdale
  10. seahawks48 says:

He’s not even good looking,he should stick with impersonations

Login or Register before you can reply to seahawks48
    • janet72 replied:

@seahawks48 I was impressed with his character in LW3…he was suave in those bespoke suits. to a certain degree, I was even head over heels then.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
  11. jimmyszeto says:

I think we have seen enough of this guy to know he is not lead material. He is sidekick support material at best…

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
  12. lavenderboba says:

On screen he comes off as genuine and down to earth but that speech of a bunch of rambles trying to proof his worth is so overdoing it. I believe the report actually. He is lucky to be where he’s at for looking very much like Bosco but he doesn’t come close.

Login or Register before you can reply to lavenderboba
    • exodus replied:

@lavenderboba Yeah I can see that from him…To me I think Owen is like a Chileum knock off haha.

Login or Register before you can reply to exodus