Jessica Hsuan Struggling with “King of Ten Thousand Phoenixes” Script

By on August 23, 2010 in NEWS, TV Dramas

The praying ceremony for TVB series, King of Ten Thousand Phoenixes <萬凰之王>, was held yesterday. Although Jessica Hsuan filmed countless series in the past, she still struggled with the difficulty of the ancient script, which was filled with arcane Chinese idioms. “I am a newcomer to ancient dramas. My head throbs when I see the script! I have to memorize lines which I do not understand the meaning of.” When faced with challenging scenes, Jessica will consult with co-star, Sunny Chan Kam Hung.

In King of Ten Thousand Phoenixes, Myolie Wu Hang Yee, will play an empress who often frames concubine, Jessica Hsuan. Did the script of King of Ten Thousand Phoenixes resemble War and Beauty <金枝慾孽>and Beyond the Realm of Conscience <宮心計>? Myolie said, “For female rivalry topics, the script will usually be written the same way! It will not be any different!”

Myolie will have to practice giving sharp stares for her role. Will Myolie practice with rumored boyfriend, Bosco Wong Chung Chak? Myolie said she will use a mirror to practice her expressions. Asked whether she was worried about comparison with Tavia Yeung Yi’s performance in Beyond the Realm of Conscience, Myolie said there is more progress with a good competitor.

Source: Singtao

Jayne: I am getting a little tired of all the female rivalry series….

12 comments to Jessica Hsuan Struggling with “King of Ten Thousand Phoenixes” Script

1. pandamao says:

i am too but i’m excited to see this new trio.

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
  2. Alec Nguyen says:

hi Jayne, Why don’t you upload new pic for this function? I think this pic in ur translation is too old.

Anyway, I’m waiting for this series because of Jessica. She never films this roloe before.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alec Nguyen
  3. Jayne says:

Alec, when I translaed this article during work hours, the photos for the function were not available yet.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jayne
  4. jayzemine says:

Jayne, I appreciate you taking the time to translate news for us who can’t read chinese but love gossips, so whatever pics you upload works fine for me.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayzemine
  5. LALA says:

Yeah im getting tired of female rivalries too XD

Why do they keep bringing Bosco up to Myolie all the time? its getting annoying -_-

Login or Register before you can reply to LALA
  6. Kidd says:

Hope Jessica will do more than just memorising the script.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  7. Masaharu says:

Hope Jessica will do more than just memorising the script

I don’t know if it’s because of me growing up or if Jessica’s getting tired with acting. I can’t find myself to enjoy her recent performances anymore.

Login or Register before you can reply to Masaharu
  8. Zaff says:

@Kidd

Lol how to act if she just memorises the script? That was taken out of context and was just a remark about the difficulty level of the script.

Login or Register before you can reply to Zaff
  9. clamine says:

“I am a newcomer to ancient dramas. My head throbs when I see the script! I have to memorize lines which I do not understand the meaning of”

@kidd “Hope Jessica will do more than just memorising the script”

******************
    Not talking about Jessica specifically but about artistes in general who can’t read Chinese without the help of pinyin or having someone explain the meaning of the lines to them. The poor understanding of Chinese arcane idioms and classic language is greatly compounded when Chinese illiterate artistes can’t even read their script without the help of pinyin. How can they even begin to deliver their lines when they can’t read,understand or annuciate their lines to start with,much less act.

Ok, I give up, how do I italicise the quotes? Anyone?

Login or Register before you can reply to clamine
  10. michelle says:

please. myolie wu just doesn’t know how to act.

Login or Register before you can reply to michelle
  11. pandamao says:

Myolie has not mastered the arts of acting yet.

Some people are natural at certain things while others are not but I firmly believe through dedication and experience, improvements are possible.

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
  12. Scarlett says:

I cannot believe they’re comparing this with Beyond the Realm of Conscience. Am I the ONLY ONE who thinks BTROC as a crappy drama? Yeah, it got high ratings, but there’s nothing special about the plot. Even worse than the plot were the horribly-written characters. The probably only interesting character was the emperor. Kam-ling’s character annoyed the hell out of me. Kevin Cheng’s character was so boring I even forgot his name. And Sam-ho was also a boring character =| I rant on and on about this drama, but I’ll stop here, lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Scarlett