Kenneth Ma Confirms Lawrence Ng Will Appear in “The Hippocratic Crush 2”

By on May 31, 2012 in NEWS, TV Dramas

Kenneth Ma (馬國明) and Candy Chang (張慧雯), experienced recent popularity due to their doctor roles in TVB drama, The Hippocratic Crush <On Call 36小時>. The duo appeared in doctor robes to promote “World No Tobacco Day.” At the event, Kenneth Ma confirmed that Lawrence Ng (吳啟華) will be appearing in The Hippocratic Crush 2 at the end of the year.

TVB Urgently Needs Veterans to Anchor Dramas

With the fierce competition between local Hong Kong television stations about to escalate, TVB was not taking any risks. This year’s heavyweight dramas include Triumph in the Skies 2 <衝上雲霄2> and The Hippocratic Crush 2; both sequels hoped to continue the success of their predecessors.

Currently heavily promoted, Kenneth Ma has just completed filming Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles <名媛望族 >, another highly regarded drama. In June and July, Kenneth will film Season of Love <戀愛季節>, followed by Triumph in the Skies 2 afterward. At the end of the year, Kenneth will shoot The Hippocratic Crush 2. Kenneth announced, “Francis Ng and Chilam Cheung have confirmed that they will film Triumph in the Skies 2. Lawrence Ng will appear as a doctor in The Hippocratic Crush 2.”

Kenneth Ma: “I Don’t Smoke!”

Since Kenneth Ma and Candy Chang both do not smoke, they were a perfect fit to promote yesterday’s “World No Tobacco Day,” urging people to stop smoking for health reasons. Kenneth was surrounded by the crowd, asking for autographs at the event in the Causeway Bay district.

Kenneth said, “I do not smoke. It is best if my girlfriend does not smoke either. My entire family does not smoke!”

Candy Chang also wished to date a non-smoker as well. Asked what she would do if she had to film a kissing scene with an actor who was a smoker, Candy replied, “I will ask my costar to eat a piece of candy. I have not filmed a true onscreen kissing scene yet!”

Source: On.cc, On.cc

Jayne: TVB is bringing back its veterans. TVB is preparing for war with CTI! Who has the power to persuade esteemed veterans to film for them?

TVB is looking a lot like Hollywood these days, churning out sequel after sequel, eager to replicate former successes. In addition, large ensemble casts are very common, trying to attract audiences with a star-studded cast.

Lawrence Ng is a very welcome presence in “The Hippocratic Crush 2,” although it is not clear whether his doctor character will be Paul Ching from “Healing Hands.”

41 comments to Kenneth Ma Confirms Lawrence Ng Will Appear in “The Hippocratic Crush 2”

1. Addy says:

The only TVB sequel I have seen that I will consider it to be better than the original is The Criminal Investigator II. That was almost 20 years ago, lol.

The Forensic Heroes sequels were so bad, it just embarrasses the original one.

Beauty at War looks pretty good and different from your usual palace drama, but the cast is much weaker compared to War and Beauty. IDK, maybe they’ll surprise me.

Triumph in the Skies II might be good – but the first one bored me to death. If it wasn’t for the aviation theme or the scenery, I would have given up on it a long time ago. Actually, I don’t even remember if I finished it LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy
    • ace replied:

Some decent sequels in sorta recent times (in my opinion anyways)

Moonlight Resonance
      No Regrets

Although these were not direct sequels and only used the same cast!

Login or Register before you can reply to ace
      • Addy replied:

I forgot about the RB franchise. No Regrets was definitely really good, but I preferred Rosy Business. With that said, I’m excited for RB3. I hope it gets the green light!

I’ve never seen HOG or MR. I know they were popular dramas, but they seem to have such annoying and dumb characters, lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy
      • Tegan replied:

@Addy Same here, I preferred Rosy Business to No Regrets.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tegan
      • Fox replied:

DIF sequels are also ok

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • C replied:

i agree… the war and beauty cast looks super weak… i know they are experienced actors… but no offense… back in those times, the ones who really gained favor in the palace were the young ones.. i think that’s why charmaine, gigi were at least semi-convincing.. and if you watch the dramas from china, where they obviously dont have a shortage of actresses, the girls keep getting younger and prettier….. its so weird for WAB2 to have all of these mid 40 year olds battling it out when they would probably have fallen out of favor already

Login or Register before you can reply to C
      • Addy replied:

I think that is where Beauty at War is different. In a standard palace drama, you have young beautiful concubines trying to win the favor of the emperor by either seducing him (or seducing others), or having cat fights with other concubines. In BAW, the main focus of the show seems to focus more on the psychological aspects of being trapped in a palace. It’s a different kind of struggle. Sheren and Moses also seem to share a relationship that is similar to Sheren and Wayne’s relationship in Rosy Business, but with a more romantic tone.

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy

Kenneth, I don’t smoke!!!

By the way he looks awful in that picture.

Ok back to Lawrence Ng. Is anyone like so excited about Lawrence Ng? Honestly?

I am now waiting whether Tavia will die in the sequel. If there is a new actress announced and is pretty leading type, I believe the answer is yes. Or maybe here is the question that only TVB can answer; who is more important? Tavia or Kenneth? As always I believe the male characters take precedence over female characters. If Lawrence is reprising his famous role, I am afraid Tavia is doomed.

• jayne replied:

Funn,
      I’m excited about Lawrence Ng, although I wish he would take on a villain role instead of playing doctor again. Lawrence has been playing very mellow roles in recent years, in direct contrast to his early acting career in many extreme villain roles.

Timing-wise, I think Tavia should have room in her schedule to film “The Hippocratic Crush 2.” I think she will remain on board, maybe they will find another veteran to pair with Lawrence Ng. Flora Chan is a good choice.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
      • Funn Lim replied:

Villain? I thought Lawrence Ng absolutely refused to play villains after her got famous? So if he does it means he isn’t famous anymore perhaps. I’d rather he reprise his Healing Hands role. But no, no Flora Chan please. Unless she plays someone her age.

• Vivien replied:

@Funn

I dont think Lawrence is famous anymore now. KM should be more famous than him as we speak

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
      • Fox replied:

@Vivien: In TVB world, by now Lawrence might have less fans than MM (I say might because it’s hard to know) but his name is definitely bigger than MM in the view of the audiences.

Lawrence got famous with goodie roles by Paul Ching, now if he wanna make a come back, he won’t take villain risk for this role.

If Lawrence reprises Paul Ching and Flora is there, she’ll reprise her role? And then Bowie joins? Lolz, HH4.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • lilycare replied:

I like Fox’s comment, truly my sentiments!
        In my heart, MM cannot be compared to Lawrence’s Paul as he is already engraved in my mind as the best doctor.

Login or Register before you can reply to lilycare
      • HeTieShou replied:

Great to see Lawrence back again. I have not seen him act for a long time. I remember how he used to play villians all the time and actually did a good job. I actually am still not used to him playing good roles. Maybe his viilian roles are forever engraved in my mind…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • advo replied:

If Tavia dies then where are the romantic couple(s)? Kenneth and Lawrence?

Login or Register before you can reply to advo
      • Funn Lim replied:

If another equally famous or somewhat up and rising fa-dan is introduced then

a. tavia dies
        b. tavia doesn’t die but that girl is meant to cause some serious wreck

• Addy replied:

I wouldn’t mind watching that LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy
      • Fox replied:

It sounds not bad although I don’t think these 2 guys can bring bromance much :). Lawrence + Bowie fans will protest, LMAO~.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • NP replied:

Kenneth does look awful in that picture. He looks greasy!

Login or Register before you can reply to NP
    • Vivien replied:

In THC Km more important. Better this way

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
  3. NP says:

Do we know if THC 2 is going to be a direct or indirect sequel?

I think Files of Justic and Detective Investigation Files had good sequels but that’s also 10+ years ago.

I actually didn’t think Forensic Heroes II was bad. I prefer the first cast but the second one had better cases IMO. The third one was a complete diaster.

Login or Register before you can reply to NP
  4. Fox says:

I hope it isn’t a reprise of Paul Ching.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • Hannahh replied:

me too

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    • Vivien replied:

Why not. Paul Ching can be either KM’s mentor or rival

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
      • Fox replied:

Because I don’t want Paul Ching to be in HH4 or something else like this.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  5. BLAHBLAHBLAH says:

Isnt lawrence Ng the kid ??

Login or Register before you can reply to BLAHBLAHBLAH
    • Addy replied:

There are like three Lawrence Ng’s: the kid, Ng Wai-kwok, and Ng Kai-wah. We’re talking about Ng Kai-wah here.

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy
    • Vivien replied:

Lawrence Ng the Paul Ching

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
  6. Hannahh says:

oh looking forward to see Lawrence again. TVB is taking this like world war 3 hehehe

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  7. Hannah says:

In another news, Kenneth mentioned that Lawrence will reprise Dr. Ching. I’m guessing either introduce another leading actress for Lawrence (Ada!) or it will be a triangle love. If that’s the case, bye bye Tavia. But, Lawrence did say that he doesn’t want to be a third wheel.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
    • josie replied:

If Lawrence reprised Paul ching, then I don’t want Ada to be a Jackie look-alike. That would ruin their original love story. I much rather flora return as Annie and she ends up w/ Paul.

Hopefully tavia will die off-screen, making Kenneth a hot widow. Then he can have his heart healed by Nancy.

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
    • Fox replied:

Poor Paul Ching.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  8. Vivien says:

Lawrence said that he dont want to break KM and TY after many TY fans complain on weibo afraid he will break their beloved pair.

Login or Register before you can reply to Vivien
  9. Grace says:

I think they’ll let him reprise the Paul Ching character, it’s so popular.

Login or Register before you can reply to Grace
  10. Fox says:

Forget to comment: Such a bad pic of Ma Ming. Bad skin, too.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • fez replied:

yeh kenneth has a lot of ‘craters’ on his face. maybe coz his old 38… starting to age. kevin cheng is older but has better skin.

Login or Register before you can reply to fez
      • Veejay replied:

@fez,

Dont forget that artist can get a botox jab easily to maintain youthful.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
      • HeTieShou replied:

It depends on the person.Some people are older but look younger than people who are actually younger than them… it is true that they can use botox, however, wouldn’t people be able to tell since botox causes your skin and face to become stiff?

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  11. fez says:

paul ching coming back would be interesting!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to fez
  12. elin says:

would tune in just to watch lawrence

Login or Register before you can reply to elin
  13. Mandy says:

I’m really hoping they don’t screw up the sequel for hippocratic crush…it’s always a rarity that tvb sequels turn out as equally good or better. Hope they keep the main cast for it too!

Login or Register before you can reply to Mandy