Leila Tong Signs With City Telecom; Rewards Herself With New Car

By on January 19, 2012 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

Since last year, City Telecom’s (CTI) Ricky Wong (王維基) has been busily recruiting artists to join the new Hong Kong television station. It was rumored that Ricky offered a vast 7-figure sum to persuade former TVB actress, Leila Tong (唐寧), to join CTI recently. Allegedly, Leila’s filming fee increased by $20,000 to $30,000 HKD per episode.  It was understood that Leila already signed a contract with CTI last month. In high spirits, Leila was interested in purchasing an environmentally friendly car to reward herself.

The day before yesterday, Leila and her manager appeared at a car dealership in the Wan Chai district. Looking through the glass doors for a lengthy amount of time, Leila finally entered the car dealership to ask some questions. The trio chatted for a few minutes, after which Leila left without test driving any vehicles.

In a telephone interview, Leila admitted that she intended to spend $600,000 HKD on a new car. However, the car that she had in mind, a 7-passenger environmentally friendly car, was not launched in Hong Kong yet.

Asked whether she intended to join Ricky Wong’s CTI television station, Leila indicated that she did not wish to respond on the matter at this time.

Source: Oriental Daily

Jayne: I am interesting in seeing Leila again. Perhaps motherhood will add a new dimension and make her performances more mature than the cute roles she had played.

So perhaps CTI’s first two modern dramas may star: Joe Ma, Frankie Lam, Kenix Kwok, and Leila Tong. Interesting line-up.

44 comments to Leila Tong Signs With City Telecom; Rewards Herself With New Car

1. Janelle says:

omg!!! i love her damn lot!!! yes finally she is back!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Janelle
  2. Nicole says:

She looks quite different in the photo.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole

I am already bored with the lineup. Hopefully the stories will be fresh.

I don’t see how this company can maintain itself with high salaries to everyone. The danger is after a while they can’t cope and merges with some other company.

• HeTieShou replied:

I agree and really wonder if this company will be able to last if they pay such high salaries to everyone???

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  4. loltvb says:

I really hope this new company will make the effort to hire good script-writers and overall production crew too, maybe they will actually have a chance to take over the long reign tvb had created. Good stars ain’t enough, we need good story good directing etc. Gonna hope for the best, I think hong kong is sick of tvb now anyway

Login or Register before you can reply to loltvb
    • malmal replied:

It will be just another ATV

Login or Register before you can reply to malmal
      • Larry 3 replied:

ATV indeed.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
      • HeTieShou replied:

I also think that it may turn out like ATV,but don’t want to jinx it…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  5. sandcherry says:

I really hope this new company will make the effort to hire good scriptwriters and overall production crew…. Agree!! Good artistes will not be able to act their best without the support of good scripts and good producers.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  6. jayne says:

I have a feeling Producer Jonathan Chik and his favorite scriptwriting partner, Zhou Xuming will be sought out by Ricky Wong’s CTI. Wouldn’t be surprised if Jonathan joins, as he seems ready to leave TVB, hoping to find a place that can suit his higher artistic dreams.

Since CTI indicated interests in going beyond normal TVB caliber and producing high-quality works, this may suit Jonathan’s needs.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
  7. AC says:

So is Joe Ma confirmed to join CTI? I would’ve thought he might not since Virginia Lok helped him out with the Rose Chan scandal.

I’m interested in how they’ll work after the first 2 series they film. Will they keep recycling the same leads how ATV does?

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
    • rain replied:

TVB keeps recycling their “first lines” too…all you see now is raymond, kate, fala, bosco…none of them can act by the way!

Login or Register before you can reply to rain
      • AC replied:

Well, first of all, I do think they can act- especially Raymond and Bosco.

Also, for TVB, they have a lot more leading actors that they actually do rotate when they air. Raymond, Fala, and Bosco were only in 2 series each last year which I don’t think is really that much. When I used to watch ATV series, I would notice that it would always have Pinky Cheung, Gilbert Lam, and a few others whose names I don’t remember, because they didn’t really have that many actors signed to them. That’s why they would always be reusing the same cast and that’s what I’m thinking might happen to CTI.

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
      • Addy replied:

IDK about Fala, but Raymond Lam definitely can act. I don’t know what happened to him now though. He used to be pretty good. Maybe it’s the roles that he’s being given.

And Bosco Wong also can act. Kate Tsui has improved tremendously. As for Fala Chen… lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy
      • someone replied:

Every can act but compared to normal good acting, these not-so-young TVB actors and actresses’s are “like-beyond-heaven.”

Look at Raymond Lam in his two movies, the pearl and the snake one, none of other actors or actresses could beat his acting. I guessed even Jet Li and one of the Twins must have said “a perfection”when mentioning Raymond’s acting skill

Login or Register before you can reply to someone
  8. moses says:

She look more mature now since she become mother,let hope she can start some serial with Felix Wong if Felix join too.

Login or Register before you can reply to moses
    • Janelle replied:

WHO BECOME MOTHER?? YOU MEAN NATALIE??

Login or Register before you can reply to Janelle
      • Janelle replied:

SORRY I MEAN LEILA*

Login or Register before you can reply to Janelle
  9. iciel says:

Wow… they say that woman with 1 child looks smoking hot and I agree. Leila looks so mature and sexy 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to iciel
  10. Larry 3 says:

Good luck to her.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
  11. Larry 3 says:

Can someone confirmed if iCable, NowTV and City Telcom channels can be allow broadcasts in Guangdong province, China and Macau, China? TVB and ATV can….

It may help these tv stations expand their audience viewing area instead of centering in Hong Kong.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
  12. exoidus says:

Another talent goes to CT! Now you get Ruco and Raymond Wong too…

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
    • Fox replied:

Ruco signed 11 years contract. Wait for 11 more years my dear :).

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • Addy replied:

Maybe we’ll make it to seeing both Ruco and Raymond W being the top siu sangs of TVB. I am waiting for that day.

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy
  13. Jadio says:

Can’t wait to see the first series from CTI. Been waiting for Kenix Kwok and Leila Tong to act in series again for a while now!!

In order to survive, I think CTI needs to invest in training people via acting school – like TVB’s acting classes – because that’s where all the true actors lie in my opinion. Also, of course, seeking out talented script writers, producers etc (and not just stealing from TVB, I’m sure there are many talented people in HK)

Login or Register before you can reply to Jadio
    • Addy replied:

Hong Kong has an acting academy/university. That’s where Mandy Wong graduated from. But having your own acting school does help, as it’s much cheaper to afford for the students.

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy
      • lol replied:

Mandy Wong is a perfect example of a very good new actress. She has been good since her first series.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
  14. Fox says:

Look forward to see how CTI work in their first series. If it’s failed, ppl will say wat about CTI, even more curious.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  15. elin says:

great news… luv her

Login or Register before you can reply to elin
  16. iluvchina says:

I could look at that 24/7. Direct TV please pick it up, I want choices.

Login or Register before you can reply to iluvchina
    • Larry 3 replied:

First they need to set up a company in the USA and try to persuasive to Direct Tv
      ____________________________________________
      Say no to SOPA, PIPA!

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
  17. Tracy says:

I’m digging Leila’s new look. She does look mature.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tracy
  18. amy says:

Loveeeee Leila. Didn’t like TVB partially because they didn’t treat her well.
    I think she is more talented than the current fadans. She’s been with TVB since forever (first seen her in 40 Something with Adam Cheng and Amy Chan).
    Now she’s all grown up and a mother. Looking very good! Hope she can shine at CTI.

Login or Register before you can reply to amy
  19. someone says:

3 new stations, even they may not get 10 points rating, they will cause some damage to TVB.

Login or Register before you can reply to someone
  20. sushiroll says:

Whats the reason why TVB never liked Leila? She wasn’t that bad, had the looks and acting chops. So what went wrong?

Login or Register before you can reply to sushiroll
    • Fox replied:

She denied to sign contract with them and showed to the public this. TVB treated Leila not really bad. She had 1st and 2nd leading roles in many series.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • exoidus replied:

Smart move for not selling her soul to the “devil” if not she wouldn’t be able to reach heaven by now, LOL.

Wonder why she married her husband since he is not rich I presume and not good looking. She could’ve done so much better…

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
      • Kidd replied:

@ exoidus

It’s not always look and money. Leila is attracted to men with talent. Her husband is a theater director.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • LeilaFan replied:

Most actresses married rich, but it is not always true.
        Example Korean actress Lee Yoo Ri married to a theology student whom she meet during Bibble studies.
        Pretty average joe guy, even if he graduate being studies theology, can’t make much money anyways.
        Also Korean actress Jang Young Nam, she married a teacher.
        I sure there are other Korean actress who married normal men who not in the circle or rich.

Login or Register before you can reply to LeilaFan
    • lol replied:

Leila doesn’t want to sign with TVB, but I also don’t think TVB treated Leila that bad. Her roles are always pretty big despite never signed.

Login or Register before you can reply to lol

I think she looks fantastic now, and will forever be blessed with youthful looks when during 20s she will find it a curse but as she gets older she will find it a blessing. And I don’t think it is TVB’s loss for her to sign with someone else. I just don’t see her as a mega leading star that those networks need but will be useful as the supporting type. I feel she doesn’t have that charisma and frankly whilst she can act I am bored with her performances most of the time. I feel with or without her won’t be a huge factor.

22. Applelim says:

She had some good roles with TVB. She just sort of disappeared! Now I know into motherhood!! Anyway good to see her again. Like others wonder how CTI can keep offering these high salaries.

Login or Register before you can reply to Applelim
  23. Munkimui says:

Love Leila!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Munkimui
  24. ann says:

I miss Leila!! She looks gorgeous, can’t wait to see her first series with CTI!

Login or Register before you can reply to ann