Selena Li Admits to Lacking Ambition

By on October 21, 2014 in NEWS

Born in Hong Kong, Selena Li (李詩韻) moved to Toronto, Canada with her family when she was just 6 years old. She later returned to Hong Kong to participate in the 2003 Miss Hong Kong pageant, winning the Miss Photogenic and Miss Talented awards. In a recent interview, Selena speaks about her childhood and how that has shaped her views on love.

Admits to Lacking Ambition

Selena has been touted as one of TVB’s top actresses in her long-running television career, but she admits to not having too much ambition. “In work, I’m not too ambitious. I’ll let things run naturally and it is enough that I tried my best. I’m content with how things currently are.”

While the TVB Anniversary Awards may produce rivalry among the station’s artistes, Selena admitted she did not dwell on the TV Queen title. “Awards are passing. If you place too much emphasis on them, there will just be pressure. Learning how to let go will make you feel more free.”

How Her Parents’ Divorce Shaped Selena

Although Selena’s parents divorced when she was a child, this has not deterred her from marriage. In fact, Selena self-confessed to having a traditional, family-oriented mindset, “I believe that marriage is forever and I don’t believe in divorce.” Selena went on to say, “I definitely want to get married but there is no suitable candidate right now. I’ll just have to see what fate brings. As my husband will become a part of my family and be with me for the rest of my life, I’ll have to choose very carefully.”

Selena revealed the qualities she looked for in a partner. ‘The most important thing is that we have to get along well. He has to have filial piety, stability, thoughtfulness and compassion. He must also look after me and be faithful,” Selena candidly shared, “Unfortunately, I’m not sure if Hong Kong men can fulfill that last condition. Hong Kong is filled with temptation, so faithful men are rare. I will have to be even more prudent in choosing my partner.”

Having said that, Selena added that her family is not worried about her single status, as her elder sister is also unmarried. Emphasizing how much family means to her, Selena said, “Although I wish to continue working after marriage, I would ultimately respect how my partner feels about the issue.”

Selena Hopes to Get Married on the Beach

Influenced by her formative years in Canada, Selena’s enjoys being carefree. She is not a fan of the traditional wedding.

“I like the sea and going diving, so perhaps my future wedding will take place in Hawaii or on a small island off the Spanish coast. I want my guests to be able to relax and bask in the ocean breeze, enjoying every moment of the wedding. There would probably only be my closest friends and family. That would be perfect!” Selena enthused.

However, Selena would prefer a more conventional wedding dress, “I would love to get married in a princess-style gown, a sleeveless dress made of lace…something that looks just like what princesses wear in fairytales!”

Source: weddinghk.hk via kuangaitvb.com

This article is written by Jingles for JayneStars.com.

16 comments to Selena Li Admits to Lacking Ambition

1. Tess says:

A less ambitious woman is loveable. I seriously believe is she wants to find her Mr. Right she should stop searching in HK, she should return to Canada a live a peaceful life there.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tess
    • Alluka replied:

She found her Mr. Right. She is dating a businessman.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alluka
    • HeTieShou replied:

Being overly ambitious is not always necessarily a good thing… She doesn’t sound as independent as I originally thought. I can imagine her just retiring and becoming a housewife if she marries someone well off.. But lets see and good luck to her.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  2. tvbfanatic says:

Nothing wrong with finding a happy place in life and choosing to live there 🙂 You don’t need to always strive for the top, especially if it means sacrificing peace of mind.

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfanatic
  3. bubbles says:

she’s an awesome actress.

Login or Register before you can reply to bubbles
    • anon replied:

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
  4. She is an awesome actress!!!! I really love Selena li!!!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Afterschool17
    • Guest replied:

Login or Register before you can reply to Guest
  5. P. Tan says:

I like Selina’s attitude towards life, she’s such a romantic, unambitious woman taking things in her stride. I also find her views on what the right kind of husband she would like to have very sound.I hope it won’t be long before she finds the man of her choice.

Login or Register before you can reply to P. Tan
  6. coco says:

Looks like Ruco Chan has the qualities she is looking for

Login or Register before you can reply to coco
  7. oscar says:

She’ll hold her wedding in Bali when the time comes.

“Hong Kong is filled with temptation”….
    lol, doesn’t just apply to HK. A man who wants to cheat doesn’t need an excuse.

Login or Register before you can reply to oscar
    • HeTieShou replied:

Not just men, but women cheat as well and yes it applies everywhere and not only to HK.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • oscar replied:

Agree

Login or Register before you can reply to oscar
  8. happybi says:

Always like her.. hope she will find her mr. right and be happy.. especially dating that loser.

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
  9. bloom says:

Temptation or not, it’s also about the person themselves. Anyways these days both sexes cheat. Nothing new.

Login or Register before you can reply to bloom