Xiao Zhan Cuddles With Animals On Set “Duoluo Continent”

By on February 16, 2021 in China, NEWS

Xiao Zhan Cuddles With Animals On Set “Duoluo Continent”

Currently starring in Chinese fantasy drama Duoluo Continent <斗羅大陸>, Xiao Zhan (肖戰) plays a soul master given the task of hunting down beasts. After slaying the soul beasts, his own powers would be enhanced. While CGI animation was used for these scenes, many live animals stood in for filming as well.

When the cameras stopped rolling, Xiao Zhan’s animal-loving instincts would emerge. Behind the scenes, Xiao Zhan had many interactions with bunnies, cats, and alpacas. He was often seen playing with the animals, and walking around the set with a cat in his arms as he is a known cat lover. Besides petting them, Xiao Zhan also helped take care of them.

A pair of mother and baby alpacas were the favorite among the cast, who constantly took photos of the animals. The baby alpaca seemed to prefer Xiao Zhan, and would linger beside him when the actor was studying the script during break time.

When photos of Xiao Zhan cuddling the animals circulated on social media, fans praised the actor for his gentle and kind nature.

Source: HK01

This article is written by Su for JayneStars.com.

31 comments to Xiao Zhan Cuddles With Animals On Set “Duoluo Continent”

1. coralie says:

I am really impressed by the graphics, action sequences and CGI in the drama! The storyline isn’t too bad either, at least sometimes it manages to surprise me.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
  2. jingxi2943 says:

Good drama 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to jingxi2943
  3. hayden says:

Xiao Zhan is insanely good looking in this drama. Of course he is also good looking in his actual self. He has a good personality and even treat animals lovingly. Also with great singing and acting talent. Read in one article he can cook and even knit, very unlikely for guys that know how to knit so is really amaze he has that skill. Seems like this guy is flawless as could not find any flaw in him for the time being 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to hayden
    • wm2017 replied:

@hayden lol…Really? I saw clips of him on youtube in the other series called WOLF I think and he is beyond good looking compares to the lead as well. haha. He just stands out.

Login or Register before you can reply to wm2017
      • hayden replied:

@wm2017 IMO the wolf drama i think the main lead stands out more although XZ is also look good in that drama. Waiting for his another drama The Oath of Love where he plays a doctor.

Login or Register before you can reply to hayden
  4. hohliu says:

He has a kind soul..No wonder he is so popular.

Login or Register before you can reply to hohliu
    • msxie0714 replied:

@hohliu So glad he wasn’t defeated by the 10 month long hate campaign waged against him last year by 227.
      It’s a relief he’s back stronger and more popular than ever.

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie0714
      • hohliu replied:

@msxie0714 That was such a stupid campaign…Gosh, he was really in such hot water. He was completely innocent but was smeared so badly…But on the good side. He had a short much needed break…I think during those period, he could find time to rest and breath again.. Yes, he definitely came out stronger. He looked well in the Chinese New Year celebration for Beijing Television.

Login or Register before you can reply to hohliu
    • hetieshou replied:

@hohliu
      He is definitely a nice guy that doesn’t let fame get to his head. He even said it is good to remain humble even when popular as you never know when you will fall to the bottom. He is very wise and realistic.

Login or Register before you can reply to hetieshou
      • hohliu replied:

@hetieshou He situtation he has with his management company is already unfortunate case…They neglect promoting him and even tried to sabotage his success….Nasty management company. Unfortunately, his lawsuit was retracted last year…

Login or Register before you can reply to hohliu
      • hetieshou replied:

@hohliu
        Yes management is so bad. I always hear about Chinese artists getting mistreated in those Kpop groups which is why they must file lawsuits against them. They then must leave and all. Maybe Xiao Zhan needs to do that in order to advance in his career.

Login or Register before you can reply to hetieshou
      • hohliu replied:

Messy industry..

Login or Register before you can reply to hohliu
  5. judy says:

I love Xiao Zhan’s singing in the “My song” competition. That’s where I first pay attention to him. He has great personality & great smile. After that I began to watch Untamed. Love that drama. Since then I have been chasing after his every movements. He has such good characters. He deserves to be popular for he has been working very hard to get there.

Login or Register before you can reply to judy
    • hohliu replied:

@judy I was watching my Zhou Shen more in that competition…but I agree Xiao Zhan was great there too.

Login or Register before you can reply to hohliu
      • hetieshou replied:

@hohliu
        Zhou Shen is already an established singer..

Login or Register before you can reply to hetieshou
      • hohliu replied:

@hetieshou I know but Zhou Shen’s partnership with Hacken Lee really stole the thunder in Our Song 2019 for me…

Login or Register before you can reply to hohliu
      • msxie0714 replied:

@hohliu they were great! Na Ying and Xiao Zhan really rocked the house with the disco number

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie0714
      • hohliu replied:

@msxie0714 Agreed!!

Login or Register before you can reply to hohliu
  6. dramas4me says:

Xiao is such a gentle soul & he has a great personality. He is so talented in acting & singing – so good looking. I’m so happy that things are going well for him now. Looking forward to watch all his works/projects. I’m not surprised that animals love him, too.

Login or Register before you can reply to dramas4me
    • hayden replied:

@dramas4me Hopefully he is also a gentle soul and great personality off-camera in private as well, as many celebrities turns out to be something very opposite from their on-camera image later which is very disappointing.

Login or Register before you can reply to hayden
      • dramas4me replied:

@hayden i know what you mean. I think he is genuinely a nice guy. I watched most of his work and many of his earlier days videos. He often showed a lot of kind & sweetness in those videos. There are things people can fake, but some stuff they can’t.

Login or Register before you can reply to dramas4me
      • hayden replied:

@dramas4me Really hope he is a genuine nice guy with good and proper personality 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to hayden
  7. hetieshou says:

Cannot wait to see this series and Xiao Zhan is so kind. Hope he stays that way always.

Login or Register before you can reply to hetieshou
    • hohliu replied:

@hetieshou It has reached eps35, 5eps more to go…

Login or Register before you can reply to hohliu
      • hetieshou replied:

@hohliu
        They are the far along already? I have a habit of waiting until the series is all out before I watch it as I hate waiting for the coming episodes. It is a pain to watch and then have to wait for new episodes.

Login or Register before you can reply to hetieshou
      • hohliu replied:

@hetieshou Me too!! LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to hohliu
    • msxie0714 replied:

@hetieshou

hope his tormenters get their due justice on the upcoming anniversary

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie0714
      • hetieshou replied:

@msxie0714
        What upcoming anniversary? Who tormented him? Are you referring to real life or in the series? I have not watched the series yet as I want to wait until it all comes out.

Login or Register before you can reply to hetieshou
      • dramas4me replied:

@hetieshou
        @msxie0704
        I think she was talking about the 227 incident. It was an evil thing that they did to Xiao Zhan. It’s great now that he is coming out even stronger. Hopefully those evil people will be heavily punished for the that.

I think it’s stupid that his terrible management company didn’t treat him right. If they just took good care of him & promoted him more then it would have benefited them both. I will always support this talented, sweet and handsome young man. Jiayou!!! 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to dramas4me
  8. minhee says:

Just when I thought Xiao Zhan couldn’t get any lovelier. He’s got the looks, the talents, the kind heart, very rare these days. Usually idols possess just one or the other haha! Wish him all the best success!

Login or Register before you can reply to minhee
  9. hayden says:

Whoever is his future wife will be so lucky to have him. He seems like the type that is loving and caring, when he was describing about Chongqing men in the Marvelous City show as his father is also treating his mother this way.

Login or Register before you can reply to hayden