Yoyo Mung, Kenneth Ma Lost Weight for “Flying Tiger 2”

By on November 1, 2018 in NEWS

Yoyo Mung, Kenneth Ma Lost Weight for “Flying Tiger 2”

In addition to starring returning cast members in the second installment of popular web drama Flying Tiger 2 <飛虎之雷霆極戰>, fresh but familiar faces were also brought on. Among them, Kenneth Ma (馬國明) and Yoyo Mung (蒙嘉慧), who was on hiatus from filming dramas, joined the sequel. In fact, the two stars have been very proactive about showcasing their best self for the series.

Yoyo, who said her primary role in Flying Tiger 2 is to be pretty, already shed some pounds. “But I didn’t lose enough yet,” she shared. “The one at home (husband Ekin Cheng (鄭伊健)) is still shaking his head. He thinks I can be even more fit; when I wear elastic waistband skirts, he goes, ‘Actually you can still lose a bit more.’”

The actress said she’ll keep trying although she broke her own rule and ate fast food while she was working last night. “I did not purposely go on a diet,” Yoyo expressed. “But I’m trying to have more control over what I eat. For example, I won’t eat anything after having dinner at 8 p.m. [Ekin and I] stared at the cup of noodle but we both managed to control ourselves and not eat it.”

Also, Yoyo has plans to play soccer with Kenneth, who she said is really good at the sport. Kenneth modestly said, “I’m not. I only like to play soccer.”

However, Yoyo revealed during the time she was on hiatus from filming dramas, she hurt herself from playing ball and skiing and has only gotten better recently. Kenneth also needs to make some adjustments as he began working out after his participation in the drama was confirmed. It wasn’t only until he received the script that he realized his character is physically weak and had a big belly. “I went in the wrong direction, now I need to see how I can fix it,” Kenneth said.

With Flying Tiger 2, Kenneth can finally reunite with good brothers Ron Ng (吳卓羲) and Bosco Wong (黃宗澤) since their last collaboration more than a decade ago. “I realized that everyone did not change nor did we grow up at all,” Kenneth shared. “Once we saw each other, we kept playing tricks on one another. The feeling of filming a drama in the past all came back to me.”

The actor also recently opened a Weibo account to promote his Mainland work.

Source: Oncc

This article is written by MelodyC for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Yoyo Mung, Kenneth Ma Lost Weight for “Flying Tiger 2”

• Kenneth Ma, Kelly Cheung Join “Flying Tiger 2”(6)
  • Bosco Wong and Ron Ng Deny That Raymond Lam is Getting Married(0)
  • Ron Ng Does Not Want to Hurt Himself While Filming “Flying Tiger 2”(1)
  • Bosco Wong Loses Sleep Over “Flying Tiger 2,” Calls Michael Miu to Chat(0)
  • [STYLE] 2013 TVB Anniversary Awards(65)
  • Top Ten Nominees for TVB Best Actor and Actress Leaked(219)
  • Kenneth Ma: "I Am Not Like Raymond Lam!"(86)
  • Kenneth Ma Shines Brightly as TVB's Hottest Bachelor(44)
  • Kenneth Ma Thinks Casual Dating is Impractical(51)
  • Ron Ng Disgruntled At Kenneth Ma For Stealing Limelight? (51)

• 11 comments to Yoyo Mung, Kenneth Ma Lost Weight for “Flying Tiger 2”

1. sherla1019 says:

jesus shed more pounds come on its a action series dont you need to be more masculine build rather then a stick now Kenneth needs to tone it up a bit too skinny for his height

I seriously cant wait for FT2 to come out Ive stopped watching the new series that are comning out from TVB went back watching the older series instead

These three musketeers are back together filiming at last to bad Yoyo is the only female artist i know wish there were some more other then artist from mainland

Login or Register before you can reply to sherla1019
    2. jimmyszeto says:

Off the subject but Ekin and YoYo the worst acting couple in Hong Kong history? Watched ‘Golden Job’ last week, a new movie featuring the full ‘Young and Dangerous’ team. Ekin’s acting was horrendous….

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
      • anon replied:

@jimmyszeto

Ekin was never known for his acting nor singing. He’s simply blessed with great genes. I agree that Ekin and Yoyo are possibly the worst acting couple in the industry.

But again, we are talking TVB and Shaw Brothers here. Pretty much everyone in this drama series can’t act. Michael Miu included (debatable). Kenneth Ma can act…..average at best.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
        • jimmyszeto replied:

@anon
          At the top of the spectrum you have Sean Lau/Amy Kwok and Tony Leung/Carina Lau. At rock bottom there is Ekin/Yoyo with Ekin getting really lucky to star in the Young and Dangerous franchise.

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
        • replied:

@anon Great genes? Is he supposed to be good looking or something? If so, I don’t see it, lol.

At least Jordan Chan has charisma. I simply do not see Ekin’s appeal at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to
        • jimmyszeto replied:

@sugarcane @anon
          I think Ekin’s good ‘gene’ is his looks. Other than that; playing playing computer games,behaving like a child and no charisma. If he wasn’t an actor maybe he would have been working in a lego shop? Should watch that new movie with young and dangerous cast. Jordan -great acting, Michael Tse -average acting, Ekin-zero passion, zero expressions. A miracle he has lasted in the movie industry…

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
        • wm2017 replied:

@sugarcane LMAO hahahha…. I know right? Ekin Cheng good genes? Omgosh…. I thought he was really lucky to have gained fame as he’s unattractive even in his early days. lol….

Login or Register before you can reply to wm2017
    3. hannah says:

i miss her so much! glad to see her again

Login or Register before you can reply to hannah
    4. michelle2805 says:

her acting is so dull and boring … she’s not even average.

Login or Register before you can reply to michelle2805
    5. cutie777 says:

At first I really thought she quit acting glad she’s on screen again.

Login or Register before you can reply to cutie777
    6. flocky1 says:

I miss YoYo!! I loved watching her.

Login or Register before you can reply to flocky1