“Come Home Love” Cast Enjoys Filming

By on September 27, 2013 in TV Dramas

TVB’s Assistant General Manager Au Wai Lam (區偉林) treated the stars of popular sitcom Come Home Love <愛·回家> to a cast dinner last night. The long-running sitcom, which was recently expanded to 500 episodes, is headlined by Lau Dan (劉丹) and costars Tsui Wing (徐榮), Lai Lok Yi (黎諾懿), Florence Kwok (黎諾懿), Yvonne Lam (林漪娸), Carlo Ng (吳家樂), Angel Chiang (蔣家旻), and Joey Law (羅天宇) as members of the Ma family, an extended Chinese family living together in modern-day Hong Kong.

Acclaimed for its relevant storytelling and witty narration, Come Home Love has been one of TVB’s most well-received sitcom in recent years, consistently drawing an average of 24 ratings points per week. To congratulate the cast and crew for their hard work, Mr. Au promised that he would treat the team to big dinners on special holidays.

Joyce Tang (滕麗名), who joined the drama a few months ago, is thankful to have been cast in Come Home Love, expressing that it feels great to be involved in a “stable” series. However, Joyce revealed that she has to request for a temporary break in the series due to the filming of another drama. She said, “The producer and I had a great discussion [about my character] and I will return to the cast once I complete my other drama. I really want my character to have a relationship line, so I’ll have more screen time. Some netizens mentioned that I should be paired up with Joey Law.”

Asked if Joyce finds filming a sitcom to be more comfortable than filming regular dramas, Joyce said, “I’m actually not very used to such a normal lifestyle, because there will always be a lot of traffic in the morning when I go to work. But the cast is very close. We are all like family.”

Oceane Zhu: “My Cantonese Improved”

Recurring cast member Oceane Zhu (朱璇) is happy to hear about the popularity of Come Home Love and is excited about the renewed episodes. As her storyline in the sitcom is finished, Oceane is unsure if she will have the opportunity to appear in future episodes.

“My relationship with [Lai Lok Yi’s character] is over. I really don’t know if I’ll still be in [the future episodes]. Maybe I’ll show up here and there to stir him up, so he will feel bad about the breakup,” Oceane joked.

Oceane likes the steady work style of filming a sitcom, adding that because of her regular work hours, she managed to gain a few pounds. “I almost can’t wear the jeans I used to wear a long time ago. I will work on exercising more. Hopefully I’ll lose another five pounds.”

She also added, “But filming dramas improve my Cantonese. I can hold up more conversations. When I stop work, [my Cantonese] gets worse.”

Sources: On.cc; On.cc

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

24 comments to “Come Home Love” Cast Enjoys Filming

1. Hannah says:

Sitcoms are a good way to introduce and train newbies, or at least that’s how it was back then. It seems like Oceane has improved a bit.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
  2. I LOVE MUSTACHES says:

I like all the eposides with Ma family. It’s funny how Florence and Lau Dan was father and daughter in Kindred Spirit and how they are siblings.

So why did John Ma and Ching Ching broke up?

Login or Register before you can reply to I LOVE MUSTACHES
    • idontknow replied:

because they’re gonna pair up John Ma with Alex

Login or Register before you can reply to idontknow
      • patchy replied:

Yay for Alex!

Login or Register before you can reply to patchy
      • Agnes Tan replied:

I am looking forward to the love story line of John Ma and Alex.

Login or Register before you can reply to Agnes Tan
      • hannahh replied:

Ma Jong and Alex are best couple haha

Login or Register before you can reply to hannahh
      • Puff replied:

Would be good to pair john and alex

Login or Register before you can reply to Puff
  3. windy says:

Actually, I like the boss’ antique shop members the most. If they have more screen time of them will be even be even better but they seem to love the office setting and family members screen time the most. =0(

Login or Register before you can reply to windy
  4. Alana says:

I find that the story line is getting pretty bad. it is becoming illogical.

I like Ching Ching, she is sweet and really does not deserve a bf like Mah Chong. He made her into this obsessive gf.

I also like joyce tang.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alana
    • Yen replied:

AGREED!!
      Hate how they ended the relationship between John Ma and Ching Ching in that way!!
      They should just ended it with Ching Ching finally realised the John Ma she is in love with is no longer the John Ma now.
      Hated how he just let Ching Ching in the rain and especially even after she called to tell him there is a sex maniac beside her.
      And it’s too much that he even cheated her about the wedding date!
      They can just end it that way, at least it will be better for Ching Ching character. To end it with her having a big fuss like a crazy woman certainly BAD!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Yen
  5. AC says:

I’m happy that this series got extended because I enjoy most of the series and storylines, but I hope this doesn’t mean that some of the storylines will keep on getting dragged out! I really like all the family episodes as well as the John Ma and Alex storyline. They just need to speed up their relationship some more!

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
    • Bubblez replied:

I agree with you and I worry the same things as you! I really like Ha Jie and richard’s storyline the most. I am also interested in knowing does Geoffrey Wong and the other actress gets back together at the end xD

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
      • pandamao replied:

Ha Jie and Richard is also the most touching for me as well.

I also like Amanda a lot in the series. She’s doing a pretty good job playing her role.

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
  6. Yum says:

This is the only series I watch religiously! I really want ALEX AND JOHN MA to develop !!

Login or Register before you can reply to Yum
  7. AL says:

I love this drama, or most of the Sitcoms…I can let my kids to watch it…the best way to learn Cantonese in USA…

Login or Register before you can reply to AL
  8. Joanne says:

Good picture of Joyce Tang! Funny this is the one of the sitcoms that I fast lost interest in.

Login or Register before you can reply to Joanne
  9. miss unknown says:

Not gonna lie, but this drama is actually my favorite drama of the year! LOL…the rest are blah…Even the highly anticipated TITS2 didn’t beat it for me.

Login or Register before you can reply to miss unknown
    • Agnes Tan replied:

You are right, I agree with you.
      This is my favourite drama, every night I am looking forward to watch.

Login or Register before you can reply to Agnes Tan
  10. Agnes Tan says:

Joyce Tang is very beautiful. Very sexy

Login or Register before you can reply to Agnes Tan
    • Gale replied:

I agree! Joyce looks so beautiful!

Login or Register before you can reply to Gale
  11. hannahh says:

Love this sitecom!! Come on John Ma and Alex get together already.

Login or Register before you can reply to hannahh
  12. ray says:

great pic of joyce tang

Login or Register before you can reply to ray
    • blurjen replied:

agreed!

Login or Register before you can reply to blurjen
  13. HeTieShou says:

This series is so long but heard it was enjoyable. What do they talk about for so many episodes??? My mom wanted to see it but got freaked out due to the high number of episodes.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou