Gallen Lo Sexually Harasses Subordinates in “Woman’s Weapon”

By on April 1, 2013 in TV Dramas

Acting for 30 years, there are few roles that Gallen Lo (罗嘉良) has not played. In mainland Chinese television serial, Woman’s Weapon <女人的武器>, Gallen portrays an employer who sexually harasses his female employees. He uses his powers to make his subordinates yield to him and even ruthlessly frames them for wrongdoings.

Currently airing to positive reviews on the Hubei Art Channel, Woman’s Weapon, which also stars China actors Hu Bin (胡兵) and Cecilia Han (韩雪), centers on the subject of sexual harassment at the work place. The drama revolves around young women who have just entered the workplace. In the midst of enticements and unspoken rules at the office, they eventually learn to stand up for themselves and safeguard their own interests.

With his mature looks, Gallen looked the part of the hypocritical business tycoon, Yang Xin Jun. At home, Yang Xin Jun is a loving and doting husband to his wife. At the work place, his delusions take over and Yang sexually harasses his female workers. If they do not submit, Yang ensures that life would be difficult for them.

Although Yang continues to bend the rules, he eventually overstepped the bottom line, causing his own downfall.

Playing a complicated character such as Yang Xin Jun proved to be an easy task for Gallen who executed the role superbly, balancing the good and bad sides of his character, leaving the viewers confused about their own feelings for this controversial villain. Gallen said of his role, “I have always loved playing semi good and evil roles such as this. It is a challenge to understand them, and that is a thrill on its own.”

Through the drama, Gallen hopes that female workers will learn to be steadfast in their own values and not compromise them despite work pressures or interests in financial gain.

Source: Hunantv.com

Woman's Weapon Gallen Lo 3  Women's Weapon Gallen Lo 2  Woman's Weapon Gallen Lo 4

This article is written by Karen for JayneStars.com.

18 comments to Gallen Lo Sexually Harasses Subordinates in “Woman’s Weapon”

1. kiki says:

In his last TVB series w/Anita something.
    I already noticed he’s aged a LOT but it seems he still haven’t fixed his cracked lips? haha LOL….
    I think he can portray a pervert well hahaa… Wu Bing is still as hot as ever but his series are usually very very boring.

Login or Register before you can reply to kiki
    • sky replied:

it was always like that…..

Login or Register before you can reply to sky
    • Yen replied:

Gallen looks good in the above picture 🙂
      But the last drama I watched of him in Tvb, the one he acted with Anita Yuen, I just can’t believe my eyes @@!!
      I fell in love with him after watching Cold Blood, Warm Heart.
      His character, and the love triangles between him, Jessica Hsuen and ChiLam – SUPERB!
      But surely, after news of him divorcing his wife and the fact that he doesn’t age too well >.<, just URGH!

Login or Register before you can reply to Yen
      • bloom replied:

I liked him in cold blood, warm heart too. But, the last tvb series he acted with anita yuen was very boring!

Login or Register before you can reply to bloom
      • Yen replied:

Bloom, The drama not just boring but Gallen looks fat in it!
        I was huhhhh?!!! Thats my idol?! Hahas xD
        Lui Leung wai is such a big WOW!!!
        His muscles!!! Wahhhh!! Can’t believe he is so good looking even he is an uncle already ^^v

Login or Register before you can reply to Yen
      • kiki replied:

I know, I felt the same way. I coulnd’t believe my eyes. I don’t think it’s only his face, his cool persona changed I think in that particular series. His lips were always like cracked or something and he kind of looked like a chubby and short. He really looked horrible in that series but that series itself was pure trash I think. None of the characters were worth remembering or likable. However, everyone else looked pretty good on the eyes esp that guy character who was infaithful to his wife and took Kenix Kwok as a mistress? Wow, my mom loves that dude so I am surprised to find @ his age that he does still great. Probably one of the best looking aging well in his generation.

Login or Register before you can reply to kiki
    • Ice replied:

The TVB series was Born Rich…. he is a good actor. Gallen is 50 after all so he can’t look that young anymore. You can’t compare him to Kevin Cheng or so but more to Tony Leung and Andy Lau, Jet Li who are in their 50’s…..

Login or Register before you can reply to Ice
  2. P. Tan says:

But, he’s supposed to be one of ‘greats’?

Login or Register before you can reply to P. Tan
  3. jce says:

I miss Gallen Lo in TVB series…

Login or Register before you can reply to jce
    • miriamfanz replied:

Too bad TVB gives him crap series when he comes back, like Born RIch and that Dog/Cat one

Login or Register before you can reply to miriamfanz
      • milktea replied:

not too fond of GL after watching born rich, maybe because it was a crap series after all

Login or Register before you can reply to milktea
      • HeTieShou replied:

I thought Born Rich was a pretty good series, but that’s just my opinion…

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  4. lingling says:

doesn’t seem to be a “semi good vs. evil” role … sounds all in all pretty evil to me. This is nothing new to Gallen. He played evil roles really well. Done it before at TVB.

Login or Register before you can reply to lingling
  5. Tvb says:

Anyone know where I can watch this series?

Login or Register before you can reply to Tvb
    • WildBerries replied:

YouYube

Login or Register before you can reply to WildBerries
      • WildBerries replied:

YouTube. I think its up to episode 35.

Login or Register before you can reply to WildBerries

Sounds interesting and challenging. Is it good?

7. HeTieShou says:

Glad to see Han Xue and Hu Bing again… I have not seen them act for a very long time.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou