Wayne Lai Kisses Maggie Shiu in “Overachievers”

By on December 10, 2014 in TV Dramas

*Spoilers*

As TVB anniversary drama Overachievers <名門暗戰> reaches its finale, tensions rise as climactic events continue to unfold.

Main antagonist Chung Hiu Yeung (Raymond Wong 黃浩然) continues to commit villainous acts. Seeing Raymond’s influence in the family business grow, Chiang Sing Tin (Elliot Ngok 岳華) intervenes but finds himself in a corruption scandal. Sing Tin eventually suffers a stroke, giving Hiu Yeung the opportunity to be elected as Board Chairman.

In response, Sing Tin’s wife Lee Chau Ping (Susanna Kwan 關菊英), hires some ruffians to give Hiu Yeung a lesson. Chiang Yuen (Wayne Lai 黎耀祥) also confronts Hiu Yeung, but backs down in the face of Hiu Yeung’s threats.

Apart from Sing Tin’s villainy, another of the drama’s highlights is the romance between Chiang Yuen and Kwan Fai Lai (Maggie Shiu 邵美琪). The couple reunites when Chiang Yuen proposes to Fai Lai in front of a group of friends. When asked about his kissing scene with Maggie, Wayne laughed and said, “The scene can be considered a classic. After returning to TVB for over a decade, it is also the first time I’ve kissed someone on screen! So I gave my first onscreen kiss to Maggie.”

Source: Oriental Daily

This article is written by Jingles for JayneStars.com.

• [Review] "Overachievers" (By MiriamFanz)(48)
  • "Overachievers" Cast Discusses Filming Experience(28)
  • Wayne Lai Wants Myolie Wu to Stay in TVB(24)
  • Raymond Wong is Greedy Villian in "Overachievers"(36)
  • Wayne Lai Values Marriage and Will Not Focus on Mainland Market(18)
  • "Overachievers" Synopsis(46)
  • Fred Cheng Portrays Autistic Role in "Trade Wars"(11)
  • Review: "The Confidant" (By Miriamfanz)(21)
  • “The Confidant" Ending Leaves Questions Unanswered(40)
  • Funn's Thoughts: The Baffling Non-Existent Palace Struggle in "The Confidant"(47)

• 16 comments to Wayne Lai Kisses Maggie Shiu in “Overachievers”

1. choco-bunny says:

I’d rather not watch them kiss, thx.

Login or Register before you can reply to choco-bunny
    2. joojaibao says:

lol agree I mean i do enjoying them playing as a couple but no kissy kissy pls ……

Login or Register before you can reply to joojaibao
      • Queen replied:

It’s just a peck on their lips.

Login or Register before you can reply to Queen

It was a simple kids but they have serious chemistry. Love them. Never knew this was his first kiss on-screen. So far this series is doing great. My fave character apart from the chemistry of the cast and the great Wayne and power Chan whom is sensational is the lawyer ah yip.

• Tiffany replied:

Agree with your cmt. Enjoyed watching this series very much; two thump up for Wayne’s acting.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tiffany
      • KL replied:

Absolutely adore Power Chan and Nancy Wu in this drama! By appearance alone you wouldn’t think they could be a match, but Nancy really excels in her character and was able to connect so well with Power Chan. The development of their relationship became so real and surprisingly touching.

There better be a well-written ending for this couple!!

Another surprise is, Wayne Lai and Maggie actually make a good looking couple. Maggie is mature but not old-looking (ie. Teresa Mo Sun Kwan), and she finally looks pretty again. Would love to see them as a couple again but in a more intense, deeper relationship like Lau Sing’s and Cheng Kau-Mui.

Login or Register before you can reply to KL
        • Kenny replied:

Nancy has really improved alot over the years! Her character is great! 😀 Especially when coupled with Power.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kenny
    4. joojaibao says:

Agree with you Funn i hope Power gets an award this year he deserves it ^^

Login or Register before you can reply to joojaibao
      • hoong replied:

I also hope that Power gets the award this year.

Login or Register before you can reply to hoong
    5. Jake says:

Maggie is such a good actress her acting skills are tv queen material

Login or Register before you can reply to Jake
      • joyce replied:

I vote for her. She has been a long long time actress. I like her more than that “teh pau” snake. Honestly, I don’t find LW a very good drama plus her acting isn’t that outstanding. Carmen act that drama(forgot the name) or even storm in the cocoon are better. Anyway, I haven’t watch Overachievers.

Login or Register before you can reply to joyce
    6. TN1 says:

I like OA, u know bet its gonna b d winner for best drama n RW d BA. Detest CYs hair though!

Login or Register before you can reply to TN1
    7. tvbaddict says:

I really hope TVB will acknowledge Power Chan’s brilliant acting talents by giving him an award this year. He’s one actor who is so underated all these years!

No comments for the OA drama. The weekly TV ratings say it all. TVB has resorted to giving away HK$100,000 cash every night this finale week to entice viewers to stay glued to this anniversary series.

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbaddict
      • passingby replied:

OA is doing terribly for an anniversary series. So is Tiger Cubs 2. Come On cousin fared slightly better but it bucked the trend for the finale week ratings which normally rise; instead, the finale week rating dipped.

Login or Register before you can reply to passingby
    8. Wow!!!! I rather not to watch them kiss!!! LOL#####

Login or Register before you can reply to Afterschool17
    9. ppearl says:

I am liking this series and great cast. While all’s doing great, my fav is Maggie Shui. She delivered her subdue comic lines so subtly that one may miss it.

For me, I like it that Wayne has detached himself from his other roles. I used to see the same Wayne in his various roles but with this character, he seems “new” to me. Power Chan is awesome. In any case, I like the performance of the whole cast. Great job. I hope this series gets some recognition at the TVB awards ceremony. Good luck!

Login or Register before you can reply to ppearl