Will Fred Cheng Be Able to Win “The Voice: Stars’ Legend”?

By on October 13, 2013 in TV Dramas

After a wonderful season of The Voice: Stars’ Legend <星夢傳奇>, the top finalists will compete for the championships on October 13. With Fred Cheng (鄭俊弘) having an early breakout performance on the show and impressing judges with consistent singing abilities, will he emerge as the final winner? Or will there be an upset from another dark horse candidate?

Before heading off to the finals however, there will be one final round of eliminations. This season’s final contestants, Fred Cheng, Corrina Chamberlain (陳明恩), Hoffman Cheng (鄭世豪), Ronald Law (羅鈞滿), and Yao Bin (姚兵), will all choose one song to sing for the judges and the singer with the lowest score will be eliminated – leaving only four to enter the final competitions.

Then on October 13, the final four will sing a song of their choice and the winner of this season will be voted by audience members through the TVB Fun system. The prize for the champion this season is approximately $600,000 HKD! As well, the judges, Eric Moo (巫啟賢), Ruth Chen (曾路得), Maria Cordero, Eric Kwok (郭偉亮), Alan Tam (譚詠麟), Hacken Lee (李克勤), and Dominic Chow (周啟生), will choose who they think gave the best overall performance and present them with the Professional Recommended Performance Award.

The judges will also be collaborating with the finalists in singing numerous songs to lighten up the competition atmosphere. Besides Dominic, Eric, Corrina, Fred, and Grace Wong (王君馨) who will be getting together to perform a medley composed of popular English songs, Alan and Hacken will also be giving viewers a taste of their new numbers.

During the three months of intense training and tough competition, some stars have benefited from greater popularity and gradually discovered their passion for music. On Sunday’s competition, the stars will be giving it their best and final shot in the finale of The Voice: Stars’ Legend.

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Su for JayneStars.com.

51 comments to Will Fred Cheng Be Able to Win “The Voice: Stars’ Legend”?

1. crystal says:

Wow, I’m super excited for the finale. But why is grace getting to sing with the finalists too?

Login or Register before you can reply to crystal
    • AC replied:

I’m thinking it’s because she lasted longer than many of the other finalists.

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
    • llwy12 replied:

Well, Grace has definitely been a team player throughout as well. Even after she was eliminated, she continued to return every episode to support all of the contestants and would sit backstage with them and cheer them on…to her, the Voice of Stars group is family. Based on that, it’s not surprising that she would do a number with them during the finale.

Btw, the semi-final aired tonight and many of the previous contestants who got eliminated also returned to sing as a group and also sit in the first few rows cheering the 5 remaining artists on…

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
    • Michael replied:

She was voted out a few shows ago. And last show, I saw her still in the back stage with the competitors as if she was still in the program. She surely is pulling all her strings to get on camera.

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael
      • Kidd replied:

She was there to support the other contestants. What’s wrong with that? Why think so negatively about her action?

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • yallah replied:

Agree with Michael. Unnecessary for her to be there. Understand if she wants to support her bestie corinna, but doesnt she have any filming schedules?

Login or Register before you can reply to yallah
  2. AC says:

Totally rooting for Fred to win!

Login or Register before you can reply to AC
    • mi replied:

Ditto!
      I’ve liked Fred since that drama, Shine On You.

Login or Register before you can reply to mi
  3. Bubblez says:

I’m hoping for either Corinna or Fred to win! I would be happy with either one of them ^.^

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
  4. pandamao says:

So the voting started on Saturday but they still have one more song to sing as a competition right?

If that is true, then I don’t think it was very fair. Their final performance won’t be factored in ..

sad that ronald got booted. if u look at the clips, he definitely lost a lot of weight .. 🙁

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
    • Alana replied:

yes. he def did lost tons of weight.
      I like Ronald and his performance on that Jacky Cheung’s song was very well done.

Good show.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alana
  5. llwy12 says:

Definitely supporting Fred all the way!! His performance tonight was awesome and pretty much blew everyone else out of the water (the high score of 97 points he got tonight was definitely well-deserved)!! It was also refreshing to see that the other 4 contestants performed well too, though too bad that Ronald Law got eliminated…

Anyway…can’t wait to watch the grand finale tomorrow. Best of luck to the final four!!

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
    • Bubblez replied:

I agree, I personally love most of Ronald Law’s songs and his singing voice!

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
      • llwy12 replied:

Yup! Ronald actually isn’t a bad singer at all, but unfortunately, tonight just wasn’t his night. I think all of the pressure from filming, singing, and working nonstop finally took its toll on him (honestly, Ronald truly did have WAY TOO MUCH on his plate the last few months). The fact that he was able to make it all the way to episode 12 is already a testament to his perseverance! Definitely admire Ronald’s dedication and hope that things work out well for him in the future.

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
      • Bubblez replied:

Yep, I agree with you! (:

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
  6. kolo says:

im corrina fan but i think fred will win.

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
  7. Michael says:

Fred shouldn’t bring his super star friends to perform with him. It makes it feel like he has an unfair star advantage. Even when he sings solo, he used the super star band to play for him. It just doesn’t look good on him to pull those strings.

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael
    • Angeline Chan replied:

Hello Michael,

I do not agree with you at all. I think any competitor could bring the band as long as they need it.

It is not related to fairness. Your thought is strange. Corrina also danced with lots of dancer as she needs them.

Personally, I think Fred looks well in playing the guitar. He could play it very well. He is not pretending to play but plays it seriously with heart.

Login or Register before you can reply to Angeline Chan
      • Kidd replied:

I agree with you. The other contestants all can bring helpers. Corrina has her dance troupe. Yao Bing also has dancers dancing for him to make his performance lively. So,it’s not unfair advantage.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • EK replied:

Fred didn’t bring anyone – just the guitar which he refers to as ‘friend’ and his own guitar in episode 5 which he calls his ‘wife’. The 2 guitarists are fm the live band playing for the show – just that they stand on stage to make the performance look nicer. Fred never even brought his own indie band members on VOS lol! Anyway a deserving winner – true talent, awesome musician and vocalist 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to EK
    • llwy12 replied:

Not sure what “super star friends” you’re talking about because, um, well, Fred didn’t bring any. Sure, there was one episode where he brought his own ‘band’ so to speak, but how those bandmates could be classified as ‘superstars’ is beyond me (sorry, but none of us even know their names).

I also don’t see the problem with Fred bringing his own bandmates because as someone pointed out earlier, Corinna did it too (remember that one episode where she brought her classmates from the APA to perform with her?).

If anything, I would say that Fred actually got the LEAST support from ‘superstar’ friends because if you noticed, most of the other artists who participated had alot of support from other artists and TVB colleagues who either went to watch the show themselves and give them encouragement backstage or pre-recorded video segments to show their support. Unfortunately, most of Fred’s closest friends don’t work for TVB anymore (and don’t have a good relationship with TVB anymore either), so of course they couldn’t come to support him.

Bottom line…the comment about Fred having an ‘unfair advantage’ is definitely unwarranted….

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
  8. Magic says:

I hope Corrina wins. 😀

Login or Register before you can reply to Magic
  9. Rachel says:

YES! Fred will definitely be able to win!!! 🙂 I am SO EXCITED!! happening in less than 30 minutes!

Login or Register before you can reply to Rachel
    • Angeline Chan replied:

Rachel: I am so happy that Fred won. He is certainly 實至名歸。This competition was just too long. I hope Fred could take a short break first.

Login or Register before you can reply to Angeline Chan
  10. Primrose says:

Yay! Fred and Hoffman!

Login or Register before you can reply to Primrose
    • pandamao replied:

I like Hoffman a lot too!

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
  11. Nelson says:

Yes ! Fred Won !

Login or Register before you can reply to Nelson
    • Lizzy replied:

Yay he deserve to win!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Lizzy
  12. azndoraemon says:

Of course Fred will win! I wish moon got into the finale too but I know it was b/c of his busy schedule. I”m happy for Fred

Login or Register before you can reply to azndoraemon
  13. Jessica says:

What website do you vote in?

Login or Register before you can reply to Jessica
  14. Peggy says:

Love this show! Probably one of the best produced show by TVB this year.

Login or Register before you can reply to Peggy
    • Bubblez replied:

I agree with you! I didn’t watch the first two installments, I wished I did.

I really love this show!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
  15. Crystal says:

Out of all the Voice installments, the first one and this one is the best in terms of team unity, IMO.

Login or Register before you can reply to Crystal
  16. louiskooFTW says:

Definitely one of the best shows produced by TVB this year. It is a very good platform for us, viewers to know more about the not-very-acknowledged-actors and their talents. Plus, we get to see many other artists coming to support their colleagues. Very touching, there’s unity and true friendships in entertainment industry afterall. GOOD SHOW FRED!!! ROAD TRIP TO STARDOM!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to louiskooFTW
    • Bubblez replied:

I agree.

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
  17. amazing says:

It is really a v v good show, Well done TVB. very positive
    and let people knows dream will come true. Everyone loves Fred, cause of his voice and performance, especially his 10 years experience :((
    Congratulation…. Fred…… keep on the great job
    we love you…..

Login or Register before you can reply to amazing
  18. karen says:

Great show! 🙂 well, the results were expected and Fred was deserving. I actually thought the pleasant surprise was Hoffman Cheng, who sang really well and was smart in choosing such a great song. (: I wonder why tvb didn’t let Hoffman Cheng onto the show earlier? I hope Hoffman gets signed into a company as well as Fred.

Login or Register before you can reply to karen
    • Lizzy replied:

Yes me too I don’t understand why they contestant come in that late . Why don’t they let them all sing in first ep!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Lizzy
  19. mun hon says:

I tear up whenever fred sings.

well done, fred. you deserve it.

chin up and keep it going.

Login or Register before you can reply to mun hon
  20. anoninhk says:

yay, happy with the results. i didn’t actually follow the show but know fred performed well throughout. i’m really pleased cheung sai ho nabbed runner up. didn’t hear him sing but i’m so just happy that such a minor supporting actor could have such a big breakthrough. i was expecting corrina to be runner up and him third at best.

Login or Register before you can reply to anoninhk
    • Alana replied:

I really like Ronald (Moon), but seriously cant complain about the result.
      To me, this show is fair and the judges do have valid comments.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alana
  21. bern says:

I watched it yesterday but no winner announced. So final over?

Login or Register before you can reply to bern
    • Alana replied:

Maybe you saw the semi-final.. The winner was announced on the last show.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alana
      • bern replied:

Dear Alana, Thanks for the information. I did hear last few days during interview with Dodo Cheng that final would be Sunday. (2 days ago). So I tuned in around 2am and saw the last 4 strong singers. They should play the final replay on Sunday. Fred was not bad.

Login or Register before you can reply to bern
      • Alana replied:

Hi Bern, if you saw the last 4 contenders, you would have watched the final….strange.
        Hopefully you get to watch the replay, it is very good.

Login or Register before you can reply to Alana
  22. gil says:

Fred wins!!! Congrats and he really deserved it! And the finale song “Chase” by Leslie was really well sang by Fred which added the extra mood and ambience in it. Well done Fred 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to gil
  23. AL says:

I am one of 160K votes for Fred…Yea…you deserve it. But it is just a start, and it is a long road. Fred, wish to see you become a very bright star!

Login or Register before you can reply to AL
  24. Elise says:

Congrats Fed!! Just to let you know you got fans New Zealand as well!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Elise
  25. Kidd says:

I like that all the performances in the finale and semi-final are done by the judges and contestants, and they didn’t invite special guest performers. It feels more close-knit this way, everything is done by the ‘Voice of Stars’ family.

I hope they do the same next year.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
  26. Oh hi everyone………I deserve that Fred with get to be a champion star……….I knew it……..but I just to say congrats Fred!!!!!!!!!!;)

Login or Register before you can reply to HolidaytvbLOL..........
  27. I meanjust want

Login or Register before you can reply to HolidaytvbLOL..........