Kate Tsui Blasts: “Vote for Me for TV Queen!”

By on December 12, 2012 in NEWS

TVB organized a two-day, million dollar feast and invited 3,800 artists and company employees to attend. TVB’s gesture is meant to show off the stations’ strength and resources in the face of growing competition. At the feast, Kate Tsui (徐子珊) showed her support for TVB and opposed the issuance of new broadcasting licenses, while urging people to not forget to vote her for TV Queen.

TVB has been strengthening its tactics to oppose the Hong Kong government’s approval of new free TV broadcasting licenses. Concerned that its monopoly will be threatened if rival stations such as City Telecom (CTI) receive the license to operate, TVB executives stand united in making their strong opposition heard. However, several artists, including Fala Chen (陳法拉), said they supported the approval of new licenses. TVB  sent a text message as a “warm reminder” to all its internal staff, hoping that a more unified stance can be coordinated.

On December 10, a 179-table feast was held at TVB City, with nearly 2,000 artists and employees in attendance. Artists, Wayne Lai (黎耀祥), Moses Chan (陳豪), Myolie Wu (胡杏兒), Kate Tsui (徐子珊), Eric Tsang (曾志偉), Christine Kuo (苟芸慧), Mandy Wong (黃智雯), Sharon Chan (陳敏之) and Roger Kwok (郭晉安) attended. An additional 153-table feast for 1,800 people will be held the following day.

At the feast, Kate Tsui openly stated that she is against the approval of new TV broadcasting licenses. “The Hong Kong market is not very big. Too many television stations will result in a terrible fight,” Kate added that TVB’s reduced advertising revenue will also lower artists’ incomes.

Kate acted as a politician yesterday, wearing a sash with her name printed on it and urged everyone to vote for her as TV Queen in the 45th TVB Anniversary Awards. She blasted into the loudspeaker, “Please cast your vote for candidate #8 Kate Tsui!”

Kate spoke of her own antics, “It doesn’t matter if it’s dumb as long as I’m able to draw votes. I’m afraid that everyone will forget to vote. I also asked overseas friends to vote. If you don’t know how to vote, you can give your ID number to me,” Kate joked and said she will even approach TVB Chairman, Norman Leung (梁乃鵬),  to ask for his vote.

Source: Oriental Daily

90 comments to Kate Tsui Blasts: “Vote for Me for TV Queen!”

1. LyNN says:

OMG! she is just so DESPERATE!

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN
    • cloud9 replied:

Lol..tell me which actress or actors is not desperate ?… Maybe Tavia ..lol

Login or Register before you can reply to cloud9
    • Janelle replied:

when tavia asked ppl 2 vote for her, they said she is so desperate but when kate does they said she is doing a good job..

hmm.. seems something fishy here.. hahaha..

Login or Register before you can reply to Janelle
      • LyNN replied:

that’s rite. thanks for speaking the fact! Kate is obviously proving to TVB that she will be an obedient pet provided she wins the BA award. unlike Wayne who gains respect from the netizens & not afraid to speak what he thinks.

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN
      • sandcherry replied:

I just said that Kate is doing a good job to get herself more votes. Anything wrong with my statement?

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • jasmine7 replied:

Nail on the head ***

Login or Register before you can reply to jasmine7
    • jasmine7 replied:

She relies on ‘rape ‘ and ‘seductive scenes’ to attract audience attention.

Login or Register before you can reply to jasmine7
      • Fox replied:

In 1 sec? Can?

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • lol replied:

yep just like wayne but who wouldnt want the award

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • variel replied:

Lol, everyone is desperate for that award. They can say they don’t care but they actually do. Kate is just more open about it and it’s actually a good thing.

Login or Register before you can reply to variel
  2. sandcherry says:

Wow, Kate is obviously doing a good job to get herself more votes for the TV Queen award.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  3. TN1 says:

MG! Looks like d earth doomsday=factor=voting riots o mann! lol

Login or Register before you can reply to TN1
  4. cloud9 says:

Add Oil Kate !

Login or Register before you can reply to cloud9
  5. ahumanbeing says:

omg kate is so cute!!!!! :)

Login or Register before you can reply to ahumanbeing
    • Ki replied:

Sure, i thiks so. Lolz

Login or Register before you can reply to Ki
  6. cloud9 says:

Beside being photogenic , she pretty and cute in real life. Also humble

Login or Register before you can reply to cloud9
    • Clementine replied:

Yes very humble: “It doesn’t matter if it’s dumb as long as I’m able to draw votes. I’m afraid that everyone will forget to vote. I also asked overseas friends to vote. If you don’t know how to vote, you can give your ID number to me.”

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
      • pop replied:

LOL! U call tat humble? LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
      • Clementine replied:

…if you didn’t realise, I was being sarcastic -.-“

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
      • Clementine replied:

If anything, she is anything BUT humble…

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
      • skinnymocha replied:

Well, at least she’s straightforward. “Oh no, I don’t need an award – it’s an utter privilege to act and work for TVB already,” whilst inwardly thinking, “Give me the bloody thing already!” (Not that it’s meant to be a slight at everyone who thinks that way; I realise some genuinely don’t care about the piece of junk.)

Login or Register before you can reply to skinnymocha
      • Clementine replied:

“Still a bit weird campaigning for votes though. Your work should have been done INSIDE the drama. Not out of it.” –> Very well said. I agree with you on this.

It’s great that she’s confident in pulling in votes for herself, but at the same time it makes her seem as if she really wants the award for the title, not because she wants ppl to vote for her bcos they agree and accept her performance. I just find it weird as you said, to campaign like that in order to get ppl voting for you LOL..

Login or Register before you can reply to Clementine
      • pop replied:

@Clementine- I was talking to cloud9. LOL!

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
      • 939393 replied:

LOL!

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
      • Fox replied:

Yes still humble. Or having to be hypocrite to say I dont vote for myself I vote for blah blah to be humble? And then being called hypocrite by you?

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • variel replied:

Fox, I completely agree with you.

Login or Register before you can reply to variel
  7. a-pop says:

so funny tat tis voting for award making it like Political election of hk. Hope winner result in 17 Dec will come out wat I wish.

Login or Register before you can reply to a-pop
    • cloud9 replied:

This gonna be fun ..enjoy it

Login or Register before you can reply to cloud9
    • Fox replied:

Txb has the most interest so they have to force them to sell themselves.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  8. Victoria says:

Kate is so cute, just gotta love her despite all the hate some have for her out there.

Login or Register before you can reply to Victoria
  9. Pyro says:

Hah that’s creative and she has a lot of spirit, keep it up Kate! Even though I can’t vote I’ll support you

Login or Register before you can reply to Pyro
  10. goldrush says:

she’s so wrong to support monopoly, competition will increase your salary, my dear

Login or Register before you can reply to goldrush
    • Ric replied:

Not necessarily true. Their filming fees might increase with competition but their event and advertising fees will likely go down if their TVB dramas lose viewership to CTI. Completion will likely benefit veteran and supporting artistes than sui sang and fadans.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ric
  11. apple says:

Yeah ! Good spirit & good PR.

Login or Register before you can reply to apple
  12. Abigail says:

Oh Kate why….(-_-”’)

Login or Register before you can reply to Abigail
  13. charlie says:

pls vote for Tavia…..

Login or Register before you can reply to charlie
  14. Bubblez says:

Interesting.. :s

Login or Register before you can reply to Bubblez
  15. P. Tan says:

Kate is certainly making voting more interesting. Maybe campaigning for votes will soon be the norm.

Login or Register before you can reply to P. Tan
    • LyNN replied:

that’s insane!

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN
  16. dt says:

speaking of CTI, since Directv doesn’t support TVB anymore, I have CTI for Directv now. Apparently its all mandarin which I don’t understand at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to dt
  17. Nat says:

Kate is so cute to be petitioning like this! I am liking her more and more. She obviously doesn’t care if people think she’s desperate, and that’s a pretty authentic quality. However, I thought Tavia did a great job in SSSS, so I would vote for her if I could vote. But I still think Kate is cute and like her more as an artist ( though Tavis is a better series actress, IMO).

Login or Register before you can reply to Nat
    • LyNN replied:

well said Nat. Tavia deserves to win this year.

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN
    • Gwendas replied:

totally agreee :D its gona be a tough fight between the two

Login or Register before you can reply to Gwendas
  18. Victoria says:

ah such an accurate comment lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Victoria
  19. Nicole says:

wait can overseas people vote now???

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
    • clamine replied:

Anyone with a HK id can vote and that of course include overseas Chinese.

Login or Register before you can reply to clamine
      • RAYLEILAFAN replied:

You need to have both combination of HK ID and HK phone number to vote because to complete the voting a confirmation code will be sent to your phone.

Login or Register before you can reply to RAYLEILAFAN
      • RAYLEILAFAN replied:

You must also be over 18 yr old.

Login or Register before you can reply to RAYLEILAFAN
      • clamine replied:

@RAYLEILAFAN, so what? Just type in any random HK id and any Hk phone numbers with proper prefix (to get proper prefixes just google for Hong Kong id, HK phone# and random HK address on google. And to it even more convenient to voters, HK Id# generator is available for years in many tvb artist fansites/blogs.

These so called preventive measures cannot keep out savvy fans — just like how netizens can come up with fake Singaporean ids and phone# and residence addresses to ‘vote’ for their idols in Starhub.

And then there are the speedy or power redial, and computerized phone call faking HK id. etc. Besides fraud there is of course, the ever present hacking.

Truth be told, it is easy for computer savvy fans to circumvent all these so called security measures.

Login or Register before you can reply to clamine
    • Fox replied:

Faken HK ID and phone to vote. I saw some fandoms did that and posted the software to do so on forums. Lolz, kinda funny to watch now. Providing that they said they wanna fair game and confidence in their idols’ fanbase.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  20. exoidus says:

Thumbs up for Fala at least she knows that competition is a good thing.

Is Kate stupid?! She is damn annoying can’t stand her fake apperance *pukes*. TVB has downplayed the size of the adv. pie in HK.

In a well functioning market i.e perfect competition deadweight loss is minimized. The society as a whole will suffer if TVB is allowed to continue to operate under monopoly.

Is survival of the unfittest the new standard in HK e-cicle? Truth is talented artists won’t earn anything less only those without talent who are heavily promoted as “goddesses” will suffer as a result of the TV-battle.

Guess Kate has much to worry abt, haha.

Login or Register before you can reply to exoidus
    • 939393 replied:

Agree totally on your statement

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
  21. Magic says:

While Kate definitely seems desperate, I found her extremely impressive in HAL. Tavia, while having consistently good acting in most, if not all, of her series, has not had a breakthrough role like Kate has. Since TVB nominates people on specific roles, I prefer Kate winning over Tavia. But either winning is fine with me. I prefer Charmaine or Michelle winning, to be honest.

On a side note, TVB is turning into Apple. Competition brings products (or in this case, TV programmes) of higher quality, something TVB has been lacking in the past several years.

Login or Register before you can reply to Magic
  22. pop says:

MICHELLE!!!!!!!!!!!! MICHELLE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
  23. skinnymocha says:

Haha, TVB sending a warm reminder. I’m glad Fala spoke her mind.

Login or Register before you can reply to skinnymocha
  24. Joey says:

I think Kate has a sense of humour trying to make light, what appears to be to TVB, a very serious issue. I admire her guts to openly support TVB, she certainly has alot of confidence in winning the title for BA.
    To be honest, after watching HAL, I expected her to get more grittier in her role. I must admit, she performed better this time compared with other series, but I was still disappointed considering all the hype. In saying that, I must say she is a gorgeous girl and I like watching her, even if the fake lashes and pout annoy me.
    As for tavia, I think shes beautiful. Consistent in her acting and find myself convinced in the portrayal. I only have begun to watch SSSS so cannot comment on her performance

Login or Register before you can reply to Joey
  25. Kathy Chan says:

Are they allow oversea people to vote?
    If yes how and what Is URL web?

Login or Register before you can reply to Kathy Chan
  26. Daisy says:

At least Kate doesn’t give a dang that she looks desperate like everyone says every vote counts XD

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
  27. Rachel says:

Kate Tsui all day <3 vote for her!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Rachel
  28. Gar says:

Go Kate!

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
  29. light says:

I love this girl so pretty on this pic :D

Login or Register before you can reply to light
  30. 939393 says:

Kate just lost my respect by stating that narrow-minded statement of supporting tvb’s stance of limiting competition, while Fala gained mine. Doesnt she know that the industry will only improve with competition?

On another note, I’m definitely against these artistes giving out coupons or any sort of benefits to people so that they’ll vote for them. What difference does it make with politicians giving the people “election-goodies” right before election begins?

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
    • rei replied:

I agreed totally.

Login or Register before you can reply to rei
    • Fox replied:

You had?

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
    • light replied:

Lol have you ever respected kate ? Oh please :p

Login or Register before you can reply to light
    • 939393 replied:

@Fox and Light: Go on, prove me wrong. ;)

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
      • Fox replied:

You proved it yourself.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • 939393 replied:

@fox: dont you understand the principle “those who assert must prove”? since you’re unable to prove me wrong, your accusations are invalid.

Login or Register before you can reply to 939393
  31. shu says:

come on tvb is just afraid to loose their monopoly position. so they can’t making sh #t program anymore. i hope the hk gov will provide some new licence as soon as posible,its not only good for the quality of the dramas but also for the artists and of course the audience.

Login or Register before you can reply to shu
    • shu replied:

thats the reason the why the management staff feel so powerfull if you dont listen to them you will simply be frozen,no matter if you have a good reason or not. because there is simply no choice to choose.with the new tv stations tvb’s monopoly position will be broken so they can’t abuse their own employees anymore.

Login or Register before you can reply to shu
  32. ruby says:

is it even kate’s fault that she is supporting tvb’s stance i mean she’s works for tvb?!

Login or Register before you can reply to ruby
  33. clamine says:

What a farce this pppv voting for BA has turned into.

Login or Register before you can reply to clamine
    • RAYLEILAFAN replied:

Thanks to TVB who turn this into a reality TVB series.

Login or Register before you can reply to RAYLEILAFAN
  34. Hannah says:

Haha, TVB is probably not too happy with Fala holding a different stance.

Oh, Kate. Hope your effort will not be in vain.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
  35. Skyler says:

I don’t see anything wrong when Kate asking ppl to vote for her. Keep it up Kate.

Login or Register before you can reply to Skyler
  36. AL says:

i am not her fans…but i don’t see anything wrong when she work hard to what she want… this is her career…since i don’t have any favor actor…you get my vote this year…I am little bit like Linda more…but this is not Linda’s year…maybe next year…so i might vote for Linda next year…

Login or Register before you can reply to AL
  37. rei says:

She come across as low class…I agreed with Raymond Lam, Fala and Linda…free liecense to CTI is a good thing and it makes sense, HK is a free city dispite that it belongs to China. It is unfair and immoral if the HK gov’ doesn’t allow its own ppl to start a business. Ppl already think the Gov’ are so corrupted and if they don’t allow the liecenses there will be major lawsuit and resentments. Kate is totally overated and low class. It is not cute to praise herself in front of everyone and the reporters. It might back fire her…

Login or Register before you can reply to rei
  38. Fox says:

She sells herself, wat is so wrong? Or must stepping on others to be considered as goodie? She dun sell others or stab them. So if she wins with this method, its cleaner than stepping on others.

Btw if her method works, the losers might regret why they dun sell themselves or next we will see someone harder, on weibo perhaps.

I have my popcorn here.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
  39. Ric says:

Kate is hilarious. People should be more like her instead of acting like they don’t care. Love the campaigning. If you don’t have confidence in yourself, who will?

Login or Register before you can reply to Ric
  40. Pop says:

Will you guys be saying the same thing if tavia was doing this? I don’t think so. U guys would say tavia is selfish.

Login or Register before you can reply to Pop
  41. Larry 3 says:

I hope TVB voting system will blow up to pieces again!

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
  42. Veejay says:

I tot Kate is an open minded person butis really dissappointed with her shallow remarks. No competition, no improvement.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
    • LyNN replied:

she just wants to polish TVB for more awards coming Monday.

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN
      • June replied:

@ LyNN
        So what. At least she is not shooting darts at others to fish votes.

Login or Register before you can reply to June
    • June replied:

@ Veejay
      Put yourself in her shoes and tell us what are you going to do ?

Login or Register before you can reply to June
      • Veejay replied:

if i were kate, i’d say something rational just like what fala said becuz Kate shouldn’t be so scared if there are other new artist rising if other tv stations got their lics.. when its time for u to go..u just have to go.. and this is 20th century!! we’re not living in some kind 30’s or 40s’

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
      • wingz replied:

@ Veejay WTH !! this is 21st Century NOT 20th Century.
        You must be from 20th Century..WTH !!

Login or Register before you can reply to wingz
  43. Sand says:

C’mon, she’s just having fun, and being a good sport by making pple laugh along with her..

Login or Register before you can reply to Sand
  44. Gabby says:

I think Kate has a sense of humor for doing this. It’s like she’s having fun and Enjoy herself. Not really care if people bad mouth her

Login or Register before you can reply to Gabby
    • sandcherry replied:

I am glad that Kate has the nerve to ask people to vote for her. Brave and smart girl! Since it is a voting system, this approach is appropriate. She is just acting like a politician.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry