Katy Kung and Patrick Tang Broke Up

By on November 6, 2012 in Hook-ups & Break-ups, NEWS

Twenty-two-year-0ld TVB actress, Katy Kung (龔嘉欣), broke up with 38 year old TVB actor, Patrick Tang (鄧健泓). They began dating after starring together in the TVB series, 7 Days In Life <隔離七日情> in 2010, however many people did not support the couple being together due to their 16-year age difference.

While dating, Katy and Patrick was a loving couple and had a stable relationship. However, Katy posted on her Weibo yesterday morning hinting that she has split with Patrick. Her message said, “Lately the media has been writing about how sweet my love life is, and I want to thank them. I have experienced many things in life, and I will use a different way to a get along with others after love ends. I want to thank my folks who have given me a lot of encouragement and support. I will focus on my work from now on.”

Yesterday at an interview, Katy admitted she had indeed broken up with Patrick for quite sometime, and believes that now is the right time to announce her breakup. Katy explained that the reason for the breakup was due to their incompatible personalities. She stressed that there was no third party involved. Although Katy and Patrick are no longer a couple, they remain friends. They will still see each other once in a while.

As to whether their large age gap caused their breakup, Katy explained that she is still young and did not go through enough life experiences. She said they both came to an agreement to break up and there are no ill feelings between the two.

Patrick has not made any response over the breakup. The last time he communicated with Katy on his Weibo was in August. He said to her, “What is love? Do you need it? Are you happy?” Several weeks ago, he posted some song lyrics on his Weibo. They read,  ” I had enough…who will be able to accept…who is like a monster…I ‘m tired and there’s no way to escape.” Perhaps this implies that Patrick is finally accepting being single again.

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Lance for JayneStars.com.

30 comments to Katy Kung and Patrick Tang Broke Up

1. pandamao says:

i think Patrick got some game. He’s dated Marsha Yuen, Selena Li and now Katy Kung. All the girls are not bad looking at all.

Login or Register before you can reply to pandamao
    • Addy replied:

I totally shipped him with Marsha Yuen, LOL!

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy
      • hanah replied:

Him and selena was the perfect couple :(

Login or Register before you can reply to hanah
      • looooooooooooooooo replied:

patrick’s career is demised.
        katy’s career resurgence

Login or Register before you can reply to looooooooooooooooo
  2. hanah says:

yes thank god!!
    Disliked this couple. Patrick is single again yay

Login or Register before you can reply to hanah
  3. Daisy says:

It seemed like a pretty clean break up.. I sorta knew they would break up. I wonder who he is gonna date next as he seems to get over relationships pretty quick..
    Like how Selena and him broke up after like what? 6? 7? 8? Years of dating and then moved onto Katy pretty fast.

Login or Register before you can reply to Daisy
    • Josie replied:

Maybe Patrick should put more effort in his career instead of focusing on dating all the time. Obviously he’s a sweet talker that can get pretty girls but they all end up dumping him in the end. Perhaps due to lack of ambition on his part.

Login or Register before you can reply to Josie
      • apple replied:

Exactly, I have the same thought..

Login or Register before you can reply to apple
      • chantilly replied:

i know right? hes so typically ordinary and yet both ex’s of his are quite good looking. hes so not popular, def work on his career first.

Login or Register before you can reply to chantilly
    • Linnh replied:

did Selina and Patrick admit that they ever dsted? im just curious.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
  4. Pinky says:

Never a fan of Katy so … hooray?

Login or Register before you can reply to Pinky
  5. b0nni3 says:

I thought he and katy were cute..
    lol I ship Selena with other people such as kevin cheng and kenneth but then again i kinda thought katy was cute with raymond wong so yah lol

Login or Register before you can reply to b0nni3
    • anonymous replied:

are you kidding me?? Katy with Raymond Wong??? He deserves a much better girl than her

Login or Register before you can reply to anonymous
      • Jen replied:

Isn’t Raymond Wong married with kids?

Login or Register before you can reply to Jen
      • chantilly replied:

Raymond Wong is unfortunately taken so no hahah…

Login or Register before you can reply to chantilly
      • anonymous replied:

I know he’d already married, but I meant even if he’s still single he deserves a much better girl than her

Login or Register before you can reply to anonymous

I always have this impression that Patrick Tang is gay. Isn’t he?

7. happybi says:

Not surprised at all. Big age difference between them and she’s still so young.

Login or Register before you can reply to happybi
  8. Ita says:

What do you expect, one is still twenty something, energetic and full of life when one is already near 40. By the time she is ready for party it is already past his bed time. Nvr expect the relationship would last.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ita
  9. hazel says:

Oh wow! She was actually 22 only! I thought she was older, around 27 28!

Login or Register before you can reply to hazel
  10. Michael says:

she is so skinny and ugly

Login or Register before you can reply to Michael
    • anonymous replied:

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! HATE HER NOSE

Login or Register before you can reply to anonymous
    • irene replied:

She is not very pretty but then Patrick is not gd looking too.

Login or Register before you can reply to irene
      • anonymous replied:

I’m not comparing her with Patrick, in general she is ugly

Login or Register before you can reply to anonymous
    • Cynthia replied:

I used to think she was pretty until I noticed her nose is crooked.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cynthia
    • chantilly replied:

i think so too but she calls her YOUNG and PRETTY in one of those series where she is a supporting i was awwww…. gosh ahhaa…pls…if she is consider pretty in HK then every actress is pretty haha..lol..

Login or Register before you can reply to chantilly
  11. Cali says:

She probably like him since she was a little girl from watching his kiddie show. Haha He should focus on acting. He did good in War of Genders.

Login or Register before you can reply to Cali
  12. Jen says:

Eh why are people showing her so much hate? I think she’s really good in playing wu li jing roles…

Login or Register before you can reply to Jen
  13. opium says:

Sorry to say this but you guy are weird and …… after all T,T!. Why is it that you guy all comment on how much ugly you have for her? Generally, i have no idea who was her but at least i notice that she is pretty than most of us. At least me i guess. What is the matter if someone is not perfect? In love, there is nothing mean deserve or not. It is what you give or receive. Geez, only criticized on girl and not boy. Such as you guy make me feel like i have study the history between men and women again.

Login or Register before you can reply to opium
    • anonymous replied: