Kevin Cheng Plans to Ask Grace Chan on Dinner Date

By on June 1, 2015 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

Kevin Cheng Plans to Ask Grace Chan on Dinner Date

Since working together on their first collaboration Blue Veins <殭>, Kevin Cheng (鄭嘉穎) and Grace Chan (陳凱琳) became mutually attracted to each other. Although Grace said they “are not officially dating yet,” Kevin plans to ask her out on dinner dates.

At a Blue Veins celebration event last night, Kevin was asked if he felt unhappy that filming for the drama has ended, which meant that he will no longer see Grace at work. Kevin smiled and said, “Although we have finished filming, we’re still friends. Since my contract with TVB isn’t over yet, there are still chances for us to work together.”

Although Kevin will start filming in Mainland China in June, he plans to stay in touch with Grace and Anjaylia Chan (陳嘉寶). Probed further about development with Grace, Kevin said,”Give us some space. If you see us going out to dinner, it’s normal activity. Please don’t be shocked.”

Grace Goes Home in Kevin’s Car

After the Blue Veins celebration dinner ended at 10 p.m., the cast headed to a karaoke bar. Grace, Anjaylia, and Winki Lai (賴慰玲) boarded Kevin’s assistant’s car. Raymond Cho (曹永廉), Edwin Siu (蕭正楠), and Joel Chan (陳山聰) joined the group.

At 2 a.m., Kevin had not left the party yet, but asked his assistant to drive Grace home. Hoping to avoid the paparazzi’s attention, Grace left through the back door. When reporters asked Grace why Kevin did not personally drive her home, Grace did not respond and turned away.

Grace Calls Kevin Honey

Within three months of filming Blue Veins, Grace and Kevin’s relationship progressed quickly. After Grace was spotted entering Kevin’s home “to borrow DVDs”, a private text message conversation between the couple was exposed. In the exchange, Kevin allegedly called Grace “Honey”, while she expressed concern over his long filming hours. The pair later said they had no recollection of the conversation.

In response to their relationship, Kevin hoped it would progress further. In an earlier interview, he remarked, “Everything starts with being friends. With regards to room for development, I can’t flat out deny the possibility.”

Despite their 22-year difference, Grace had shrugged, “Age gaps are not a problem.”

Sources: East Week; ihktv.com

This article is written by Su for JayneStars.com.

42 comments to Kevin Cheng Plans to Ask Grace Chan on Dinner Date

1. Profile photo of jayne jayne says:

We need a celeb uni-name for #KevinCheng and #GraceChan ! What should it be? GraKev? KevinGra? Kevinace?

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
    • Profile photo of funnlim funnlim replied:

@jayne If they don’t start dating for real soon, my reaction will be their uni-name; #Ke-Ce as in ke… ceeeeeeeeee.

Login or Register before you can reply to funnlim
    • Profile photo of holiday holiday replied:

@jayne why not Gravin lol

Login or Register before you can reply to holiday
    • Profile photo of alien alien replied:

@jayne why not vince? #vince

Login or Register before you can reply to alien
  2. Profile photo of jayne jayne says:

Kevin is mentally preparing us that he and Grace will be seen together again. Don’t know why some fans think it’s a publicity stunt, when he’s dropped so many clues that they are already in early stages of dating.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
    • Profile photo of funnlim funnlim replied:

@jayne Shld do it like Korean celebrities who finally admits to dating by releasing a press release via PR company which always incorporates the words like “good feelings for one another..thanks the fans for their love and concern… they will together do good work for as appreciation to their fans for their love and concern…”

Must be some standard form somewhere.

Login or Register before you can reply to funnlim
      • Profile photo of alluka alluka replied:

@funnlim There are tons of way to announce the romance. Look at PBB and Li Chen, just a simple statement “We are” and create a storm.

However, why you suddenly sound so supportive to a 22 girl date someone 23 years older than her? I thought that you are disgusted at those “barely legal” dates 10+ old men? Or because it is KC in this case?

Login or Register before you can reply to alluka
      • Profile photo of amango amango replied:

@alluka I don’t see they “wont last for more than three years” here. I guess its like you said about Nicky Wu and Cecilia Liu couple. You are right, its stereotype.

MUST READ: You know what had happened earlier? I read your comment before replying to you. But then your original comment being revised to “stupid” then my response to you being revised to “You’re stupid you” Your other question to me and your replies to other people got deleted in a scary way (see the bottom page). If you read one of my older response on June 2nd at 4:44 pm, you might know what I’m talking about.

@jayne @admin I just want to let you know that I just replied to @alluka question and right away the persons on here (based on their IP address) revised @alluka comment to “Stupid” then revised my response to “you are stupid. Just so you know any users can make changes when the “Edit” is visible.

• Profile photo of amango amango replied:

3. Profile photo of funnlim funnlim says:

Eishhhh… every step of the way sort of reporting. Plans, likes, mutual feelings, borrowing DVDs, share a bowl of wan tan noodle next (which will be good for both of them who is as skinny as the other). They make a good looking couple if they ever move beyond public announcement of really really really really liking one another. Get on 2nd base already!

Login or Register before you can reply to funnlim
  4. Profile photo of tess tess says:

Well, despite their huge age gap, I hate but to admit they really look cute together.

Login or Register before you can reply to tess
    • Profile photo of amochi amochi replied:

@tess On the article before this one, You said “Grace was still an infant when her age is being 22 that makes you feel disgusted” lol It’s more disgusting to see your comment.

18 is legal age to get married and under 18 requires parent’s consent. It would be disgusting if Kevin to date a minority. It is not like Kevin is 22 dating a newborn or a 2 year old toddler or under the age of full legal responsibility. In this society kids start dating young between the age of 11 & 18 so no big deal for people to get married or to date at 18 or 21.

I’m glad Grace had shrugged, “Age gaps are not a problem.” It’s normal for people to think age is a problem and normal for people to not mind. Sometime we don’t know until we met that person. Whatever happens to K and G, I hope they find happiness although i dislike his acting skill.

Login or Register before you can reply to amochi
      • Profile photo of tess tess replied:

@amochi Well, first of all thanks for following my thread as I didn’t know you are so interested in what I’ve said and my comments on the so long ago post is that significant to you. On the other hand, my perception on the age wise still stays but my remarks that they are cute couple lies solely on the physical attributions on how they both look and have nothing to do with their enormous age gap.

Login or Register before you can reply to tess
      • Profile photo of amango amango replied:

@amochi I do remember her comment on this matter since there are so many articles of Kevin recently. She also said “Kevin is old enough to be her father. With Joey Yung on Marriage is to have kids: other users have asked if she is Joey’s mom b/c she thinks Joey should search for another guy as her biological clock is ticking.

Moreover, when it comes to someone she doesn’t like, for example Nic and Faye couple – “she said they’ll never tie the knot”.

@amochi I did not know being 22 is consider an infant for dating. Just the thought process is gross. Some users from the Mandy Lieu gives birth to baby girl, they think her comments were disgusting and gives people goosebumps.

• Profile photo of tess tess replied:

@amango I’m not sure if you are poor in math or your English needs to be improved. The 22 years age gap shows that Grace was indeed just a baby when Kevin is 22 years old.

I wonder if you and amochi are related, you are both really concerned with what I’ve posted and commented on the previous posts.

Login or Register before you can reply to tess
      • Profile photo of amango amango replied:

@tess lol 22y gap made Grace an infant

• Profile photo of patrick patrick replied:

@amango well, let me put it this way…imagine you just gave birth to a baby girl and suddenly one male friend of yours made a remark “You have a beautiful daughter, I will wait for her to grow up so that she could be my wife”. How would you feel? You still feel it’s ok and normal?

Login or Register before you can reply to patrick
      • Profile photo of amango amango replied:

@patrick My answer to your question is I feel your mindset is scary. I won’t reply to anymore post unless from the person I ask.

5. Profile photo of alluka alluka says:

Why dont they just admit their date? Grace is already snapped to be called Honey by KC. Seeing them “friend friend friend more than friend” over 2 months makes me kinda tired. Should state the actual stage asap.

Login or Register before you can reply to alluka
    • Profile photo of patrick patrick replied:

@alluka Everybody knows they are dating and probably they enjoy being in the limelight at the moment with paparazzi following them and keeping their fans in suspense will give them more publicity.

Login or Register before you can reply to patrick
    • Profile photo of amango amango replied:

@alluka In away they’re dating, just not being specific but I know how you feel. I rather them just hide it and shouldn’t have hinted anything if they don’t want to announce it. There have been many articles just “on having dinner date”, what a massive news.

I see your other question at the top page, I noticed each time you and I ask the question to the persons. We will get a new registered user for representation.

6. Profile photo of freedalas freedalas says:

If TVB has a best looking couple award, Kevin and Grace will win hands down. By the same token, if there’s a worst looking couple award, Wong Cho Lam and Leanie will win hands down too!

Login or Register before you can reply to freedalas
  7. Profile photo of anoninhk anoninhk says:

22 years is a huge age gap, but i am not as queasy with his coupling as i was with LF and karena since grace is almost 24 and should know her own mind (not saying karena didn’t but she was only back 18 then and i personally didn’t know any better at 18). it also helps than kevin doesn’t look that old, and grace doesn’t look that young.

Login or Register before you can reply to anoninhk
    • Profile photo of alluka alluka replied:

@anoninhk wrong age. Karena is 19 with 4 years of experience in the industry when the date is announced. Grace is 22 when the date is announced with 1 year of experience. I believe the one has more experiences in the industry know how to deal with matters better.

And why 22? KC was born in 1969 while Grace is a 1992 girl so the age gap is 23.

Note that I dont have a matter with KC and Grace but I hope ppl who are supporting them can see the age gap love less blindly.

Login or Register before you can reply to alluka
      • Profile photo of alien alien replied:

@alluka now that you state this, I realise that one is born in the 60s and another in the 90s… Age gap is not a problem as long as it is true love.

Login or Register before you can reply to alien
  8. Profile photo of kolo kolo says:

why is it so if there is a huge age gap in question,that the male is almost in every case the older one and not the female? why not a 40 year old girl with a 20 year old boy? strange…

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
  9. Profile photo of patrick patrick says:

Whoever thinks the age gap isn’t a problem is sick. 22 years gap is qualified to be a father-daughter age difference. Agree with one of comment above that Grace was probably just a baby when Kevin turned 22. And when Kevin turned 30 Grace was only 8 year old, probably in first grade and people would have mistaken for him for her father if he knows her at the time.

Login or Register before you can reply to patrick
    • Profile photo of freedalas freedalas replied:

@patrick

That’s really absurd reasoning. What you described is a pedophilia behavior by Kevin towards an 8-year Grace who is unable to make any judgement on her own. The real situation here is a relationship between two grown-up adults who are fully in command of their senses. As I have pointed out earlier and many others have done so too is that the 2 of them look very compatible and makes an attractive couple.

Login or Register before you can reply to freedalas
    • Profile photo of kolo kolo replied:

@patrick,agree 22 year is a huge age gap,but not impossible,love isnt something you can explain with age, its a feeling,and everyone is different in what they are searching for. i dont think they are in a relationship now but more good friends,they are in a “knowing each other better stage”.

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
  10. My friend became a father at 21 and his daughter is currently 4. I wonder if he’d take comfort in the thought that if he divorces/breaks up with his girlfriend in 20 years, he can just date his daughter’s elementary school best friend…

But all kidding aside, Chan and Cheng are two consenting adults they can date whoever.

Login or Register before you can reply to peanutbutterjelly
  11. Profile photo of amango amango says:

MUST READ: I read a question from @alluka but then after I replied to her question, her comment got changed to “stupid” and my response got changed to “You are stupid”. Be careful! Any users can delete or revise your comments by clicking the “Edit”. I’m in shock!

• Profile photo of admin admin replied:

@amango We have disabled the “Edit” link for all users at the moment. We will only re-enable it after we review the code.

Login or Register before you can reply to admin
      • Profile photo of amango amango replied:

@admin Thank you, I’m glad you got my email on this!

12. Profile photo of alluka alluka says:

I see a lot of my comments in this topic has been deleted in a mysterious way. I also see one of my comment has been edited to have only 1 word Fool. What is happening?

@jayne

Login or Register before you can reply to alluka
    • Profile photo of admin admin replied:

@alluka @jayne There may have been a bug where another user can edit/delete other user’s comments. We need time to review the code. In the meantime, we disabled all users from editting / deleting comments.

Login or Register before you can reply to admin
    • Profile photo of amango amango replied:

@alluka I tried writing to you earlier about this incident but that persons kept deleting it. I believe we both were online at the same time around 8:30 pm. I caught it right before I logged out, luckily. What happened? Look at the persons you commented on and look at who I commented on.

This is so Evil, isn’t it? Shall, we pray for this persons? Alluka, you can I are the victims here. Look at the message I responded to you at 4:44 pm.

• Profile photo of alluka alluka replied:

@amango I see. I quit at about 8:30 with confuse. Not sure why that person has to do so because I basically dont criticize anyone.

Login or Register before you can reply to alluka
      • Profile photo of amango amango replied:

@alluka I saw you kept reposting your comments a few time. I was at work watching all the actions from this persons. I just can’t believe this person got that much energy and time. I believe I know who based on tracking their IP address. Not that many users posted on this article, you can figure it for fun. The scary part is go to the Mandy Lieu’s page, you will see crazy actions there too. I’m done with this entertainment site, people are being overboard.

• Profile photo of amango amango replied:

@alluka The below “MUST READ” one of the comment I tried to deliver to you but it got deleted many times. They wrote “FOOL” on one of your post and another one “STUPID”. I was able to delete them for you because I know you didn’t call me Fool or Stupid.

13. Profile photo of amango amango says:

This is so EVIL. I’ll pray for this person.

14. Profile photo of orchid123 orchid123 says:

Based on the above photo, Kevin Cheng really looks too old for Grace Chan. He looks more like an uncle than a “boyfriend”.

Login or Register before you can reply to orchid123
  15. Profile photo of secretlone secretlone says:

that awkward moment when he’s probably the same age as her dad…..
    i remember my frd being a huge kevin cheng fan and her mom was like ” he could be your father!!” haha….cant believe this could be a possibility =P
    but hey whatever, as long as they’re happy and don’t mind the negative news, so be it!

Login or Register before you can reply to secretlone