Tavia Yeung on Him Law: “He is a Good Person”

By on December 1, 2012 in NEWS, Star Interviews

Although Tavia Yeung (楊怡) and Him Law (羅仲謙) were caught spending time together numerous times by the paparazzi, the couple never directly admitted their relationship publicly. When asked if they were really dating, both Tavia and Him would unanimously reply, “Let nature take its course.”

Controversial Scenes in “Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles”

Tavia is currently seen in TVB’s anniversary drama, Silver Spoon, Sterling Shackles <名媛望族>.The period drama, which documents the lives of a privileged family living in 1930s Hong Kong, stars Damian Lau (劉松仁) as the patriarch of the Chung family, while Tavia, at thirty years his junior, stars as Damian’s fourth wife. Damian shares numerous intimate scenes with his wives in the drama, and among them was his lip-biting make-out scene with Tavia, which aired several weeks ago. The intense scene turned Tavia into the biggest talk of the town immediately after its broadcast.

“I expected the scene to get a huge response,” said Tavia, who is known for portraying intelligent and obedient roles onscreen. “However, I don’t think that the audience should stereotype the actors.” Tavia explained that the main reason for the lip-biting scene was to show how much she loved Damian. “If we fast forward to modern day, I’m sure that many couples would also react in a similar way.”

Tavia laughed, “When it comes to intense, Elena Kong (江美儀) had even more intense scenes!”

Regarding the rumor that the scene was suggested by Damian himself, Tavia defended, “That scene had always been part of the script. Before we filmed it, the scriptwriters gathered the Chung family together to discuss how to make the scene as relatable as possible.”

Tavia is Him’s Biggest Supporter

Would Tavia be able to accept a much older man as her husband like her character in the drama? Tavia expressed, “First of all, I have never had someone much older than myself to pursue me. Because I never had that experience, I don’t know if I will oppose it.” Tavia then added with a chuckle, “Maybe it’s because many men are able to take good care of their looks, so they look much younger than their age!”

But Tavia does not need to meet her own Damian Lau. She already has her Him Law! Tavia met Him, who is five years younger, on the set of The Hippocratic Crush <On Call 36小時> last year. Their relationship grew from close colleagues to extremely close friends. Asked if Tavia ever plans to make her relationship public, Tavia suggestively replied, “Let nature take its course. It doesn’t need to be obvious.”

With Him’s good looks and body, he is subjected to numerous negative rumors. Often, Him is accused for being too flirtatious and overly friendly with his colleagues, which often causes him to send the wrong message to his female colleagues.

According to Tavia, Him is not like what the media claims at all. Tavia supported Him and said, “I also thought he was like that when I first met him, but after a few months of working together, I realized that he is actually very honest and responsible. He is a good person.”

Last year, Him was accused for beating his ex-girlfriend, Theresa Fu (傅穎). At the same time, Him reportedly cheated on Theresa multiple times while they were still dating. With such a negative reputation, would Him drag down Tavia’s career? “Everyone has a past,” said Tavia. “As a third person, I am not entitled to criticize someone else’s relationship problems. Every family will go through their own problems. I never ask; as for the other person, he or she has no need to explain. If he wants to talk about it, he will eventually talk about it.”

Source: ihktv.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

56 comments to Tavia Yeung on Him Law: “He is a Good Person”

1. Woot says:

No matter. Don’t like them both.
    And yes, I just have to post this cuz I’m too bothered with their news, lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Woot
    • CL replied:

totally agree…don’t like them together…if they really don’t want to announ this relation, why always talk about it in the news???

Login or Register before you can reply to CL
    • Eden replied:

Tavia does look scary in the above photo, doesnt she ><

Login or Register before you can reply to Eden
      • che replied:

himhim’s face looks like a sandwich

Login or Register before you can reply to che
      • Funn Lim replied:

Sandwich? As in good enough to eat or all cramped together?

• che replied:

hehehe well as you suggested it, then i could be bot.
        initially i meant kinda cramped together

Login or Register before you can reply to che
      • che replied:

sorry it wa meant to say: well as you suggested it, then it could be both.
        initially i meant kinda cramped together

Login or Register before you can reply to che
  2. Mlove says:

Her nose is bothering me every time I see her in SSSS. Hahaha It would be okay if it’s smaller.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mlove
    • nosey replied:

i think she better fix her nose back to the normal size

Login or Register before you can reply to nosey
      • Victoria replied:

Everyone single person on this earth has flaws. Plus as an actress or really any other human, it is normal to want to look or become better. I’m not saying plastic surgery is right or that it made her nose look better or anything, but we should really all get over it and be more mature about it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Victoria
      • Victoria replied:

By the way, what I am saying is not aimed towards anyone personally. It is just absolutely tiring to see the same complaints about something so insignificant over and over again so I had to say something about it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Victoria
      • Nat replied:

Agree with Victoria. Nothing can be done about her Nose now, plastic surgery can’t really make her nose look smaller. Trust me, I did some research. Besides, it doesn’t bother me much cuz in SSSS, her make up is heavy enough and her whole face seems pretty balanced. I like her acting in that though, I might add. Especially episode 28 in the fight with Damien.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nat
      • Funn Lim replied:

“we should really all get over it and be more mature about it.”

I think many wrote the process in Tavia’s case is reversible. Much like the overuse of botox, too much of something that affects the overall aesthetic of a person’s face is bad. Truth be told Tavia is not beautiful, nor is she stunning with memorable face. She has talent and that is her good point. She has plain looks and I suppose in her one moment of insecurity maybe some fortune teller said change your nose, chance your luck. And I must say as her nose gets longer, people talk about her more and she gets more and more famous. And that is the point; she wants people to talk about her, if not why the drastic change? But the more her nose is talked about the more her talent is forgotten. It is a double edged sword.

Anyway I believe we can talk, but perhaps lessen the mocking itself. But some people set themselves up to be mocked. Her old nose was good enough.

3. Hannahh says:

Tavia did well in SSSS and i quite like her character. I get use to her nose now but sometime still kinda annoying lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    • lang replied:

maybe she would look younger, thus, a better match to him if she had left her nose alone

Login or Register before you can reply to lang

The only thing controversial about SSSS is it is still going on when it should have ended by now.

I am waiting for one of the sons to run away. Seems like there won’t be such signs. The Confidant at ep 20 at least is moving up and far far away and SSSS is still in the same tune.

5. Mindy says:

I think SSSS lacks suspense. Such as murder, extremely evil revenge, a main villian or something extremely tragic.

All of those are qualities I feel attracts viewers.

sorry I rambled off subject haha but anyways I support tavia as an actress and support her in her personal life and whatever decision she might make.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mindy
    • Catie replied:

You mean such as ‘violence’?

As far as tradegy goes, TVB will give us bad/sad endings, and the audience will start complaining.

But I do agree, SSSS is lacking suspense particularly in the middle of the drama. The beginning was a good fast pace and interesting imo, but then it slowed down a lot. I think there are too many characters involved..trying to exploreeach characters story is way too much. But I do appreciate and admire Damian’s efforts in the scriptwriting since they lost two of its scriptwriters in the middle of producing the script.

Hope it picks up pace soon. Tavia’s character was more interesting to watch before she got married. But it looks like her Zi Kwan will divorce soon, looking foward to the fiesty Zi Kwan to return. In terms of acting, imo Tavia is doing well! Though her character is bland at times since she is now a housewife- I dont think that makes her acting ability ‘bad’ or ‘boring’

Login or Register before you can reply to Catie
      • Nat replied:

I personally like Tavia’s acting in SSSS more than Kate in HAL. And no I am not a secret Tavia fan here to bash Kate, for those of you who are into conspiracy theories.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nat
      • jojo replied:

i just felt tavia’s acting over the years are same. not much improvement. feel bored looking at her on screen and her nose is really annoying especially from side view.

Login or Register before you can reply to jojo
      • LyNN replied:

Tavia has always been good in portraying any roles given to her.. whether it is a plain boring role or interesting one, she takes it all & deliver well. Her acting skill is not a question anymore.

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN
  6. sandcherry says:

SSSS would be more interesting if it ended in 25 to 28 episodes ……….. instead of dragging on and on.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  7. TVBfadan says:

Anybody else anticipating a bad break-up from these 2? lol. SSSS is boring and laggy. Not a surprise if Tavia doesn’t get BA this year.

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBfadan
  8. Josie says:

I don’t believe tavia has never asked HimHim about his previous relationships. She seems like the controlling type.

Login or Register before you can reply to Josie
    • Funn Lim replied:

Very funny! I was just suddenly thinking if all those bad stuff about Him Law is consistent and true, then why she never asked is probably because slapped her into not asking. Come on, how many girlfriends will want to open pandora’s box of ex girlfriends in current boyfriend’s life?

• Applelim replied:

I would not believe if someone says she has not never asked about her current boyfriend’s ex-girlfriends especially known to them and in the news. Its only human nature and if she cares enough of the relationship. One doesnt need to react negatively but curious to know

Login or Register before you can reply to Applelim
      • lang replied:

better to set things straight and get to know the real him before getting deeper into the relationship.. marriage, good example gallen and donnie, don’t think she and him will last, somehow, feels like puppy love or in that level, no commitment

Login or Register before you can reply to lang
    • Linnh replied:

while I was dating my ex, I got to hear some rules from my friends about the ex-gf/bf thing and it was: rule nr 1. Ex-bf/gf is something you should not talk about when you guys are in the level of getting to know each other rule nr 2. Never ask your bf/gf about his her ex-gf/bf it may scare him/her away.

This may be the reason why TY don’t. She may seems like a controlling person, but who knows, she may not be. plus even that they have been coming out in the media a lot lately (Please don’t beat Aimee and Moses) then i think they still are in the getting to know each other level.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh

““If we fast forward to modern day, I’m sure that many couples would also react in a similar way.””

No Tavia. We don’t. Probably just slap the guy and walk away because we modern girls do now show how desperate we are. Let the guy come running after us.

I find her 4th wife a contradiction. Which is why I don’t pity her when he wants to marry 5th wife out of spite since he married her out of spite too.

• sandcherry replied:

——————————————-
      Agree.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  10. lang says:

yeah, i am also a good person but good persons make mistakes too

Login or Register before you can reply to lang
  11. Linnh says:

By the look then Him Law looks to young for Tavia, she fits Kenneth or Ron more in look.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
    • Fox replied:

Ron chose Viann and chased Viann :D.

Login or Register before you can reply to Fox
      • Linnh replied:

lol i know! I was about to write that Ron likes big boobs, plastic girls, with barbie face, but then I remember that he was rumoured with Ella koon before, and she looks nothing like a barbie.

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
      • Linnh replied:

lol i should stop been mean to Ron, I actually like him, I like him in a way that he don’t complain about been not to popular, and is a really layed back person. He just s*cks on PR, and need more training on his acting, but he wasen’t to bad this year. And I loved him in the four

Login or Register before you can reply to Linnh
    • jojo replied:

feel like one day Him Law gonna dump her!

Login or Register before you can reply to jojo
  12. shu says:

tavia you should really think twice before you rely your future on him,i see some women unfriedly threat behind this boyish face.

Login or Register before you can reply to shu
    • lady replied:

that’s right but i think she’s under his spell already

Login or Register before you can reply to lady
  13. KW says:

whether him law is good or not.. no need announce to world.. stupid comment

Login or Register before you can reply to KW
    • CL replied:

agree…too boring

Login or Register before you can reply to CL
      • Woot replied:

Yeah, I mean, is there a need to report such news?? If it’s even considered as a news??

Login or Register before you can reply to Woot
  14. Nathan Wang says:

Tavia’s career is going down as report after incident she eventually lost lot of fans everywhere. I found SSSS is quite boring bc old actor Damian takes lot of senses :( I watch confident bc it has good story line and strong staff in. I am no longer tavia’s after she had rumor dating with Him. She lied to her fans on this and she is so caution to cover up for her career. And she cares too much about $$$
    More than that her nose and long face in SSS anoyse me a lot. She looks much older than Kate. Look at picx she took next to Kate. They are same age but see like sisters :)

Login or Register before you can reply to Nathan Wang
    • wink replied:

its her nose

Login or Register before you can reply to wink
    • sandcherry replied:

Agree. Tavia does not look good now …… with her long narrow face, big high nose, decent eyes and big mouth. She looks a bit funny now. Anyway she was never a pretty girl in the first place, but she looks even worse now.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • Mlove replied:

It’s okay to get plastic surgery, but she did a bad job on her nose. You look like a clown. Now go get another plastic surgery to remove ur big nose. It was was not necessary to get it in a first place. Be happy with yourself.

Login or Register before you can reply to Mlove
      • jojo replied:

maybe she wants to become a pinnochio.

Login or Register before you can reply to jojo
    • pop replied:

agree with u. She should not lied to her fans.

Login or Register before you can reply to pop
  15. Victoria says:

Tavia seems like a smart person to not bring up things that someone might feel uncomfortable with.

Login or Register before you can reply to Victoria
  16. John says:

Dont really like them as a couple, I would rather her dating kenneth in real life

Login or Register before you can reply to John
  17. Nicole says:

Man, she looks weird in this photo next to him law. Is she addicted to chinese opera make up? Her base seems as white as the one she used for chinese opera.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
    • SY replied:

Ya Tavia did looked weird in this picture. Nicole you were right. Too much make-up. Such a mix match couple. And I hate the way she talks. Annoying and irritating.

Login or Register before you can reply to SY
  18. Teece says:

If you actually think about it Tavia and Him’s personality are really similar both are pretty outgoing and humorous you can tell from the way they talk in interviews.

Why should she question about his past? It’s none of her business. I don’t think she deliberately announced her relationship it’s just the media asking her, she got nothing to hide so of course she admit it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Teece
  19. Edwin says:

Since every one has talked about Tavia’s nose too much these days. I didn’t get annoyed and didnt pay much attention, but I have started watching other actress’ noses in stead of watching the drama. Some of their noses are really weird too.

Tavia’s performance in SSSS is really good. But her makeups made her look 10 years older than she was.

It doesn’t bother me really much about their relationship because every one has their own styles to choose their halves. Why did s.o say she lied to her fans? It’s her business. The media have blown up their relationship.

Login or Register before you can reply to Edwin
    • LyNN replied:

u are totally right. it is their personal life, what does it has to do with outsider? even Linda has repeated many times that she won’t reveal personal things whether she is dating or otherwise because all these are personal matters and she wants to have own privacy. people nowadays are getting very immatured. i hope Tavia’s fans won’t be, but even if they’re that immatured, just be it. Tavia has lotsa supports from her colleagues – don’t need the immatured outsiders.

Login or Register before you can reply to LyNN
  20. Primrose says:

The lip biting scene is not new. Bobby Au-yeung and Maggie Shiu did it before in Mong Sheung Ching Yan (don’t know the English title)

Login or Register before you can reply to Primrose
  21. factor says:

she looks like a koala bear in this pic

Login or Register before you can reply to factor