Tight White T-Shirt Propels Eliza Sam to Goddess Status

By on September 8, 2012 in NEWS

TVB actress, Eliza Sam (岑麗香), has earned the latest “Goddess” status among Hong Kong male viewers.  Frequently appearing in a tight white t-shirt in Divas in Distress <巴不得媽媽>, the 2010 Miss Chinese International winner’s busty figure gained notice and provided a breath of fresh air in the drama.

Eliza had a cameo role in Ghetto Justice 2 <怒火街頭2> and was cast as Chin Ka Lok’s (錢嘉樂) love interest in Divas in Distress. Hailing from Vancouver, Eliza struggled with reading the Chinese script and has not received any formal acting training. Fortunately, she learned valuable pointers from veterans Liza Wang (汪明荃) and Gigi Wong (黃淑儀). “Both veterans are very willing to teach newcomers. One time, Liza Jeh showed me how to act a scolding scene. Days later, she asked me how the scene went; I was very moved.”

Tight White T-Shirt Stirs Viewers

In last night’s episode, Eliza had a shower scene which revealed her bare back. In addition, she wore sailor and nurse outfits in a fantasy sequence, which excited male interest. Regarding the recent attention lavished upon her, especially over her tight white t-shirt appearance, Eliza said, “It was not intentional to wear a white t-shirt while drenched in water. While filming earlier, we skipped ahead to film the scene.  I felt a bit embarrassed during filming. The wardrobe is arranged by TVB staff and I do not feel that it was especially sexy.”

Eliza added, “While filming, I did not feel that my figure was that pronounced. I think it is a matter of camera angles. I do not know how to read Chinese, but I am happy beyond words after learning of netizens’ praises. Whether netizens like or dislike me, I will accept it. Their opinions can help me improve. The most important thing is to improve my Cantonese right now. I truly love acting!”

Asked if the number of her male fans has increased significantly, Eliza said, “Perhaps, I did not pay close attention. Many people said this to me. Thanks!”

TVB was crowded with upcoming actresses who have signed with the company after competing in beauty pageants. Facing competitors such as Christine Kuo (苟芸慧), Oceane Zhu (朱璇), and Leanne Li (李亞男), Eliza was asked how she thought of distinguishing herself. Eliza replied, “I do not want to be compared to others. I will only compare to my own performances from my last drama and how I acted last month. I am happy as long as I have improved. It is most important to enjoy the process.”

Sources: Apple Daily via ihktv.com, Face Magazine via ihktv.com

82 comments to Tight White T-Shirt Propels Eliza Sam to Goddess Status

1. sandcherry says:

Eliza Sam did not look pretty in the above photo.

Compared with Christine Kuo, I think Christine looked prettier. Christine is very pretty, attractive, and feminine. However, Eliza is pretty cute and sweet.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • RLF Lover replied:

I agree that Christine Kuo is prettier but Eliza’s acting is much better. I still think Crystal Li is the best among the newcomers.

Login or Register before you can reply to RLF Lover
      • jacq replied:

christine looks very betrayal, uneasy, hateful and weird wheras eliza looks very soft, heart pleasing, easy going and most of all sexy.

Login or Register before you can reply to jacq
      • Kandie replied:

You’re more describing their characters that they potray rather than their actual look IMO. I think Christine looks prettier, but her acting is soo stiff, and although she has said she is trying her best to improve her cantonese, she needs a lot of work in crunching her words to make it sound clearer…

Login or Register before you can reply to Kandie
      • Larry 3 replied:

Eliza’s acting to me is sort of okay, not outstanding…. still in early stages of her acting career.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
      • Gar replied:

Comparison of Christine and Eliza:

Acting: same
        Beauty: Christine
        Cantonese speaking skills: Eliza

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
    • salamander replied:

Eliza is much more cuter than Christine!

Login or Register before you can reply to salamander
      • eliza_is_my_future_wife replied:

I agree!

Login or Register before you can reply to eliza_is_my_future_wife
      • Gar replied:

But Christine is prettier while Eliza is cute. Both are good looking girls no doubt.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
    • Hannahh replied:

Christine is indeed prettier than both Eliza n Crytal but i don’t find Christine is attractive lol mayb her annoying acting and can’t speak canto properly.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  2. ita says:

her acting in divas is quite raw and also her cantonese pronounciation kinda odd. Anyway she is quite cute.

Login or Register before you can reply to ita
    • jacq replied:

give eliza a chance and she may shine into a goddess of happiness!

Login or Register before you can reply to jacq
    • Funn Lim replied:

Cantonese ok. Quite cute. Acting is not only raw but very raw. But for all the hoopla about Mandy Wong, I can tell you for me Mandy didn’t do too great. something about the hat and the entire image and no chemistry with Him Law. Mandy is not ready yet for a love story.

• Lol replied:

I totally agree with you on this one. Although Eliza’s acting is raw but she’s definitely stealing the show from Mandy in this one. I think Eliza just has that likable factor that you can’t help but like her.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lol
      • salamander replied:

Mandy is good but I think Eliza has more charm! I prefer Eliza’s part than Mandy and Him’s romance line. Unlike many others I can’t find the chemistry between them too. Eliza and Chin Ka Lok are funny!

Login or Register before you can reply to salamander
      • DC replied:

o_o I thought I was the only one that didn’t find any chemistry with Mandy and Him. I liked them in Suspects in Love, but then I somewhat got tired of seeing them nowadays.

To me, Eliza IS really better than Christine… I wasn’t annoyed by her acting nor her Cantonese. Even when she cried and talk at the same time… I was like.. “okay.. need to improved but still okay” lol.. whereas Christine… FAST-FORWARD BUTTON -_-;;

Login or Register before you can reply to DC
      • shu replied:

for me mandy is not hot or pretty enough to be a first line fa-dan although her acting is quite decent,her memorable role for me thus far is in l’ergacot as kwan ji so.

Login or Register before you can reply to shu
      • salamander replied:

Maybe Mandy will shine again in her raped prostitute character in that Bosco/Niki series. Rape/Prostitute/Slapping scene always got high noise and attention among viewers :D

Login or Register before you can reply to salamander
      • Larry 3 replied:

Too raw.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
      • Anon replied:

Eliza is raw, but has charming appeal. She’s the surprise limelight of this show. She’s more appealing than Mandy and Him Law for me.

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
      • Ita replied:

I really cant stand it the background song always comes up when there id scene between mandy and him, no chemistry at all, plus the song is getting on my nerve. I think they tried to make the love story between mandy and him more like korean type love story and it didnt come out right for some reason.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ita
      • EL replied:

I think more credit shud be given to mandy. So far she is the best newcomer in terms of acting skills. Kinda reminds me of tavia.

Login or Register before you can reply to EL
      • Hannahh replied:

Agreed with u Funn! I love Mandy but something wrong with her acting and also think she and Him Him was kinda awkward and has no chemistry.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
    • salamander replied:

She’s doing well as a newbie for this big role. But Christine was just a pretty face.

Login or Register before you can reply to salamander
      • Kandie replied:

agreewith u on this one! Kuo was a pain to watch in Tiger cubs..

Login or Register before you can reply to Kandie
    • Kandie replied:

Keeping in mind that she comes from Vancouver and had just started fresh in acting, obviously there will be room for improvement, but hey, I think she does a pretty good job for a newcomer,dontcha think? :)

Login or Register before you can reply to Kandie
      • ann replied:

I agreed with you. For a newcomer, I thought Eliza is doing a great job! I do not like Christine Kuo at all in all the drama series that she has been in.

Login or Register before you can reply to ann
  3. eliza_is_my_future_wife says:

MY FUTURE WIFE! SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL! I NOTICED HER ON GHETTO JUSTICE 2!!! OMG TVB QUEEN!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to eliza_is_my_future_wife
  4. salamander says:

She’s soooo CUTE in Diva’s in Distress!

Login or Register before you can reply to salamander
    • shu replied:

yes, i agree with you she is cute and hot indeed,acting is raw but has potential,her pronounciation can better.

Login or Register before you can reply to shu
  5. sandcherry says:

I think Eliza’s character in “Diva” is more pleasant than Christine Kuo’s in “Ghetto Justice 2″, and easier to act as well.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • salamander replied:

I think so too. Christine should’ve started with a lighter characters to improve her expressions first. Eliza showed her potential in comedy from her expressions.

Login or Register before you can reply to salamander
      • sandcherry replied:

Agree. Christine Kuo’s acting was not mature enough for her to handle that kind of serious character, Lynette, in “Ghetto Justice 2″. TVB should have given her some easier or lighter characters to start her heavier roles.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • salamander replied:

I think Eliza has this charm that Oceane has too only different that Eliza is cuter while Oceane is more elegant. It’s something that can make viewers excuse their broken Cantonese. Christine is pretty but doesn’t have this likeable charm.

Login or Register before you can reply to salamander
      • salamander replied:

The characters play a part too. If Christine took a lighter character maybe she won’t annoy that much.

Login or Register before you can reply to salamander
      • josie replied:

“Princess heung heung” is really cute and likable but it’s cuz Eliza has natural charm. This is only the 2nd series I’ve seen her in and I already think she improved her acting & Cantonese f/ GJ2.

On the other hand, Christine has been in several series and yet her progression is moving at a snail’s pace. I don’t think the characters of lynette or Wai Wai f/ TC are difficult to portray at all. She just isn’t talented. Even Eliza can already cry better than her!

Login or Register before you can reply to josie
      • sandcherry replied:

Wai Wai’s character was not difficult to act, but it was not easy to act Lynette’s character.

Anyway, Christine Kuo does not have the talents to be a fast-tracked actress.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
      • salamander replied:

I agree! Eliza can cry quite well although with her raw acting. She doesn’t look fake.

Login or Register before you can reply to salamander
  6. vivien says:

I don’t care about her white shirt but she’s quite cute. Maybe that’s why she’s more likeable than Christine who has a serious and fierce pretty face.

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
  7. vivien says:

With cute babyface and sexy body I understand if she’s getting many male fans although the term goddess is really used loosely now.

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
  8. Addy says:

Eliza Sam has exaggerated acting, but it fits because DID is a comedy anyways. Also, Eliza’s crying is so much better than Christine Kuo’s. SO much better.

But out of the recent MCI’s, I still like Oceane Zhu the best.

Login or Register before you can reply to Addy
  9. TVBFanatic says:

” Facing competitors such as Christine Kuo (苟芸慧), Oceane Zhu (朱璇), and Leanne Li (李亞男), Eliza was asked how she thought of distinguishing herself.”

I guess the answer to this should be

“I will wear tight white T-Shirt to make the male audience swoon!”

:P

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
    • Anon replied:

That’s cheeky :P

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
    • a lot of replied:

tvbfanatic is a loser fan boy or a jealous fan girl. which one are you?

Login or Register before you can reply to a lot of
      • TVBFanatic replied:

Neither.

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
  10. Queen says:

My husband also have second glance at her normally he don’t stare at any new actresses but this time he did. Eliza do have some charm for men lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to Queen
  11. Larry 3 says:

She’s cute, but need to sex it up by boosting her breast up more.

Login or Register before you can reply to Larry 3
  12. elin says:

is it just me or do all tvb new actress look slightly the same

Login or Register before you can reply to elin
    • Anon replied:

There are clear distinction between ELiza, Oceane, Christine and Crystal. At least I can tell them apart better than telling one lengmo or mainland model from each other :)

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
      • elin replied:

tht i got to agree wth u.. mainland actree or lengmo r similirly so alike its creepy

Login or Register before you can reply to elin
  13. Anon says:

Likewise, I like this girl Eliza too. She’s cute! I can pass her raw acting for now because she’s very green after all :D

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
  14. TVBFanatic says:

Reading more about Eliza I was surprised to see that she was Miss Chinese Vancouver in 2009 (beating out Carat Cheung who placed 2nd).

That’s a lot of women from Canada staring on TVB now :P As a Canadian myself, I’ll have to throw my support behind her too ;)

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
  15. H says:

Yay! I think she’s great!

Login or Register before you can reply to H
  16. Eunice says:

All MCIs are becoming goddesses…

Login or Register before you can reply to Eunice
  17. Sammie says:

Cannot read Chinese, cannot speak Chinese, wonder why TVB cast such a woman in their drama ? Soon she will remove even her bra go gain publicity

Login or Register before you can reply to Sammie
    • u_jelly replied:

sammie get a life. u probably 5 foot 90 pound flat girl or a 5 foot flat guy

Login or Register before you can reply to u_jelly
  18. ehh? says:

sorry she’s no looker. in fact i find her plain, not captivating, and kind of chubby faced. if i stretch it, i mite call her cute but nothing more. i dont particularly find anything difficult to act for that character of hers. she just always made this incredulous n outraged look at CKLok’s char thru out the epis. i dont think she’s better than any of the girls mentioned. i just find her the most blah looking not very unique. ill pass on her.

Login or Register before you can reply to ehh?
    • u_jelly replied:

u jelly of her. by the way is this you?

Login or Register before you can reply to u_jelly
      • Lilly replied:

Woah, I was just reading through the comments and that’s actually MY FB. How did you get that?

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilly
      • ehh? replied:

and the rest of you sound very jealous of christine.

Login or Register before you can reply to ehh?
    • u_jelly replied:

i’m your classmate at school

Login or Register before you can reply to u_jelly
      • Lilly replied:

Umm I’m home schooled..so.

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilly
      • clamine replied:

Lily: lol! It’s an old trick link. Anybody who clicks on that FB link will be directed to his/her own FB site. Have your friend(s) test it out.

Login or Register before you can reply to clamine
      • Lilly replied:

@clamine OH!!! Lol, thanks for telling me! :D I was like “who’s this stranger with my FB??” haha

Login or Register before you can reply to Lilly
  19. kk says:

i actually starting to like Eliza, her acting is pretty good for a new comer in Divas, especially it a comedy too…and she’s actually pretty and cute imo. well, i didn’t feel any pain when i watched her acting lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to kk
  20. kk says:

@addy: agree w/ u on eliza’s crying alot better than christine kuo.
    i wonder who’s more puke worthy and has the ability to cause more “distress” to the audience, aimee chan or christine kuo, jaynestars should really have a poll on this lol. jk people, jk lol.

Login or Register before you can reply to kk
  21. joojaibao says:

I agree with everyone I like Eliza from the moment I saw her in Diva n Distress already unlike Christine Kuo she gives an impression that she’s likes the spotlight to be shining on her 24/7 I dont know I just dislike Christine Kuo so badly!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to joojaibao
  22. Hannahh says:

She’s pretty sweet girl! I like her in Diva n Distress

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  23. Hannah says:

The new generation of TVB actresses: No acting skills needed and accent is acceptable.

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannah
    • EL replied:

I knw. I feel bad for those who actually earned their way to the top, eg. ppl like charmaine or tavia. Nowadays, if u win some sort of pageants then u get to play supporting roles already.

Login or Register before you can reply to EL
      • salamander replied:

Charmaine was a girl who shrieked in a chicken voice and can’t act for nuts when she first appeared straight away in a big role. What a bad example.

Login or Register before you can reply to salamander
      • Little fishy replied:

Charmaine, however, is now so much better than when she first started lol. Though, she did get straight to support role from mhk, do its true that she earns her way to the top, but she was giiven easy ride like these girls due to being picked from the pageant

Login or Register before you can reply to Little fishy
      • a lot of replied:

It’s only one drama out of the 20+ that is broadcasted each year. You will still see your Linda Chung and Fala Chen in other dramas and maybe you will see Kate Tsui in 10000 drama next year

Login or Register before you can reply to a lot of
      • sandcherry replied:

I feel worse for those artistes (such as Nancy Wu, Elaine Yiu, etc.) who have NOT earned their way up to 1st lead roles after acting so many GOOD support roles in TVB for so many years.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  24. EL says:

Her acting is okay. Bt i stop watching divas in distress. The plot is not logical and quite redundant. I was tolerating the first few epi cause i was bored as hell so i had no choice. Bt i have limits. After watching epi10 i cnt stand it anymore. It shud be the worst tvb series of the year so far.

Login or Register before you can reply to EL
    • Samantha replied:

No its wish and switch with Myolie and Selena that series was bleh!!

Login or Register before you can reply to Samantha
      • EL replied:

I thought wish and switch wasnt that bad tho. At least it is tolerable. Divas in distress just doesnt make sense. Eg. Liza ‘forced’ ka lok to swear not to marry again. Seriously? Is she still stuck in the 19th century? It would even be more logical if she said she has a secret crush on him.

Login or Register before you can reply to EL
      • Hannahh replied:

I dont like Liza che, she annoyed the crap out of me. I just watched for Him Him n Mandy n now for Eliza lol

Login or Register before you can reply to Hannahh
  25. a lot of says:

A lot of girls here are jealous of Eliza. Eliza is a 95/100. While these haters are 40/100. Eliza speaks better cantonese than 95% of the readers here. Jealousy!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to a lot of
  26. stranger says:

i like eliza, and she gives off a better vibe than christine, leanne and oceane. yes, her acting is raw but she can work the comedy aspect very well and i do see talent in her. her crying wasn’t annoying either. this is her first role and she’s miles above christine kuo already. looking forward to see her progress.

Login or Register before you can reply to stranger
  27. sandcherry says:

Well, Eliza Sam is lucky to get this kind of light-hearted role to start with in Divas. I think she has some charms and talents in acting. She is now well-accepted by her audience.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
  28. Kristobeer says:

Eliza really rock, very refreshing. Shes pretty funny and fun to watch. I have seen a few interviews and her english is perfect too. I hope to see her in a movie someday.

Huge fan !