JayneStars.com logo

“Bu Bu Jing Qing” Releases First Trailer

By on March 28, 2013

“Bu Bu Jing Qing” Releases First Trailer thumbnail

On March 26, Chinese Entertainment Shanghai (Tangren) released their first sneak peek trailer for their upcoming television drama, Bu Bu Jing Qing <步步惊情>, the sequel and modern retelling to their 2011 hit, Bu Bu Jing Xin <步步惊心>.

The four-minute trailer clip starts off with some reminiscing scenes from the first installment, which captures the tragic romance between lead characters, Ruoxi (Cecilia Liu) and Emperor Yongzheng (Nicky Wu). The nostalgic trailer ends with Ruoxi’s death, with Yongzheng voicing the words, “If you can’t come to my world, I’ll go to your world to find you.”

The trailer then pans to the blessing ceremony and some behind-the-scenes footage of Bu Bu Jing Qing in Tianjin, which commenced shooting earlier this month.

The trailer also provides an exclusive new look at the drama’s plot, which was kept relatively private since the serial’s cast announcements in early 2013. In the trailer, Cecilia’s character, Zhang Xiao, is revealed to be a designer who works at Zhentian Group, a large public company. The reincarnation of Yongzheng, Yin Zheng (Nicky), is the adopted son of Emperor Kangxi’s reincarnation, Kang Zhentian (Damian Lau), the Chairman of Zhentian Group.

Zheng, along with Kang’s eldest son Kang Sihan (Sun Yizhou), are both prospective heirs to the Zhentian Group. By getting herself romantically involved with the two brothers, Xiao reluctantly gets herself embroiled in the Kang family feud.

The teaser scenes also revealed Cecilia portraying a mysterious second character – Lan Lan.

Directed by Lee Kwok Lap (李国立) and produced by Karen Tsai (蔡艺侬), Bu Bu Jing Qing also stars Jiang Jingfu (蒋劲夫) as Kang Siyu, Ye Zuxin (叶祖新) as Jack, Annie Liu (劉心悠) as Ma Yiruo, and Ye Qing (叶青) as Meng Xinyi.

“Bu Bu Jing Qing” Trailer

Source: 21CN.com

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

Tags: , , ,

• Nicky Wu Too Busy Working to Have Time for Love(9)
  • Cecilia Liu Celebrates 26th Birthday with “Bu Bu Jing Qing” Cast(18)
  • "Bu Bu Jing Qing" Character Stills Released(20)
  • “Bu Bu Jing Xin 2” to Film on March 2(22)
  • Nicky Wu to Film “Bu Bu Jing Xin 2” in March 2013(36)
  • “Bu Bu Jing Qing” Overwhelms Viewers by Airing Three Alternate Endings(63)
  • Nicky Wu Responds to “Bu Bu Jing Qing” Criticism(66)
  • “Bu Bu Jing Qing” Confuses Fans, Rumored to Have Alternate Endings(40)
  • “Bu Bu Jing Qing” Shocks Viewers with New Trailer(4)
  • “Bu Bu Jing Qing” Broadcast Date Has Not Been Determined Yet(26)

• Readers' Comments (18)

1. Dramalover says:

I just finished watching the drama for the first time and I am totally obsessed with it right now!!!!…..I guess I picked a good time since it won’t be too long of a wait :)

The trailer seems good and I like how they tried to incorporate some items used in the first season (magnolia hair pin, the flower…etc)

But I didn’t like the fashion style of some characters….like the one with dark lipstick…it seemed very gothic, but I also understand this drama is about fashion so they had to show variety..

I am still very disappointed that more than half the princes from the first one are not in this one :( it is not enough to only have 4th and 10th prince……….8,9,13 and 14 princes are gone!!!!!!

• HeTieShou says:

I miss seeing the other princes as well but it is nice to see new faces too. Ah man, Han Dong won’t be in it then but too bad there was no mention of whether he will be in it or not before. I guess it is now confirmed that he will not be in it. But once again, there is more to a drama than the cast. I have a good feeling towards this new series so I hope everyone will give it a chance.

2. Nori says:

4th Prince’s favorite flower is magnolia. I saw the hairpin that he gave Ruoxi in the trailer. Trailer looks interesting. Definitely watch this drama. But it’s sad to know that not even half of the original cast return in BBJQ.

3. Melted says:

I am so glad they incorporated some of the elements from the previous instalment into this sequel. Hopefully we will get to see more of it during the drama. I wasnt exactly looking forward to this sequel since the other princes are absent from this sequel. Bubujingxin was the only mainland drama till date that I managed to finish every episode without any fast forwarding because I adore the cast a lot! Hopefully this won’t be a let down.

4. Bubblez says:

Yay for second installment! I really like the trailer and the musicc! Like some people, I am also happy that they incorporated some of the elements from the first installment (:

I’m a bit disappointed to see that some of the actors who acted the princes including Kevin Cheng and LGX won’t be starring. It won’t be the same but I’m happy to see that Annie, Nicky, Cecilia and Damien returned to act in this sequel!

5. hannahh says:

doubt this going to be as good as the 1st one. not a lot of going looking guys in this.

Seems to be riding on the success of BBJX which makes me respect this one less.

• sehseh says:

Will it be a dud in the making?

• HeTieShou says:

Isn’t that how it is for all soul called “sequels”??? Most already have doubts about any sequel and they are usually not as successful as the first installment. But I think I will still give this series a try if I get the chance to. I am not sure about others but I always prefer ancient over modern series anyways, especially for China series because I Mainland series are more known for their ancient series anyways. I have not seen a single modern series from China that I like yet.

7. ANGELA says:

I wish they actually made a proper sequel to Bu Bu Jing Xin. It is such a beautiful story and everyone absolutely loved it. I am sure everyone was really waiting for a #2.

I dont know how well the modern spin-off version would be like, but lets just wait and see!

I’ve watched #1 twice now and still cry and get sad over it. Best series I enjoyed so far for a long long time!

8. Larry 3 says:

Eh…I dont it will be successful as the first installment.

9. Woot says:

It’s gonna kill the fame of BBJX :( agh!!

10. Fox says:

Sorry BBJX fans but I think Gong 2 seems to have better plot in modern life than BBJQ.

11. Charbydis says:

I am open to BBJQ but I will treat it as a separate story from BBJX, though interested in how the jade hairpin got there.

Wah! Yu Tan is back but 9th is gone!

12. hotNcold says:

this gonna be my last watch for Tangren’s production

Readers are no longer able to comment on this old article.

• JayneStars News Subscription