Jackie Chan Does Not Plan to Retire

By on March 6, 2015 in Movies

Jackie Chan (成龍) has always loved to challenge himself. Despite turning 60 years old, Jackie does not currently have any plans to retire. Citing Clint Eastwood and Sylvester Stallone’s long-standing careers in Hollywood, Jackie continues to take on new filming projects.

Despite his age, Jackie is not worried about his physical abilities and continues to take perform daring stunts. “When I was filming New Police Story 2013 <警察故事2013>, I already told director Stanley Tong (唐季禮) to start developing Kungfu Yoga <功夫瑜伽>. While filming Dragon Blade <天將雄師>, I told the screenwriter to start developing the next film. The sequel for CZ12 (十二生肖) also has a lot of action stunts, but when filming starts, I will already be 64 or 65 years old. Hollywood’s MGM also wants to start filming a new movie about Shanghai and there’s also Rush hour 4. These are all films I like, so I won’t let them go!”

Collaborating with John Cusack and Adrien Brody in recent box office hit Dragon Blade, Jackie was full of praise toward his costars. He pointed out that Adrien is extremely professional and was instantly engrossed in his character when the cameras started rolling.

In regards to John, Jackie said, “One scene required me to use an arrow to shoot him. Because of the issue with angles, the director asked me to yell loudly and we had to film several times. John was also present. I felt embarrassed. He sensed it and took the initiative to ask me how he could help me. He then went behind the cameraman to play my counterpart to help me get into character. He is really great!”

Source: On.cc

This article is written by Huynh for JayneStars.com.

16 comments to Jackie Chan Does Not Plan to Retire

Who on earth is d-ick cusack?? Is it John Cusack who by the way is a wonderful actor?

• jayne replied:

Correction has been noted.

Login or Register before you can reply to jayne
  2. Tess says:

He should seriously think about slowing down… Not for his own sake, but his family especially his son.

Login or Register before you can reply to Tess
    • kolo replied:

no no,not before he has joint the expendables for 1 last time. i really want to see stallone vs jacky chan.

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo
  3. Dramas4me says:

@ Tess

I agree with you. I will avoid his movies/dramas because he is a very lousy father and husband. He is a very selfish man.

Login or Register before you can reply to Dramas4me
    • anon replied:

so are a lot of artists but people still go see them.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
      • Dramas4me replied:

@ anon

I think JC is the champion of bad father & husband.

Login or Register before you can reply to Dramas4me
    • msxie replied:

Jackie’s checkered life pales in comparison to the late Marlon Brando’s love life and dreadful parental skills.

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie
  4. MW says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jackie Chan has another family (or two) hidden away somewhere.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
    • nomad 822 replied:

Probably. He officially DOES have another one that he has no responsibilities or ties to.

And he just also declared this week that all his money is going to Jaycee … NOT all to charity as he proclaimed to the world before.

The dude is full of sh*t.

Login or Register before you can reply to nomad 822
  5. DooK says:

If he wants to continue to pursue different roles, it’s the perfect time for him to resume his career. If he wants to continue doing action, he better step back and work behind the scenes. I think he’s done enough already.

Login or Register before you can reply to DooK
  6. Gale says:

I am surprised that there will be a Rush Hour 4! I didn’t really enjoy Rush Hour 3, so I hope that the next installment will be really good and surprise me!

Login or Register before you can reply to Gale
    • JJ replied:

All his hollywood movies starting Rush Hour are garbage.

Login or Register before you can reply to JJ
  7. Elizabeth says:

I don’t mind if he appears as a guest star, but I no longer enjoy seeing him on screen as a lead after the latest police story movie. I think he should step back as a supporting cast and promote a younger artist in his place. He can be effective as an action director but please not as first male lead.

If I have to through another movie where he is flirting with a much younger actress who he had zero chemistry with, I would rather boycott all his future movies. Some actors work well when paired with younger actresses but gosh, not JC.

Login or Register before you can reply to Elizabeth
  8. Ika Chan says:

its not about Jacky Chan. its about girls going for rich, ugly, hamsap men. dont blame on the man.his son so useless. smoking pot. no wonder the father still working until his death.

Login or Register before you can reply to Ika Chan
  9. pjferjack says:

For real? All of you haters are so concerned as to where his wealth is going… guess what, it’s his money and not yours and he can give it to whomever he chooses. I like and support Jackie Chan as a performer and for his charitable involvements. I don’t give a rats ass about him as a husband or a father. Check out our history of over 5,000 years… Chinese men have had multiple wives and children since ancient times. Even today in the States, a man can have a wife and family here while maintaining a separate wife and family back in China. Does this make it right, no. But as adult men and women the choice is theirs to engage in an affair or relationship.

Login or Register before you can reply to pjferjack