Elaine Ng Only Hates Herself; Doesn’t Blame Jackie Chan

By on March 17, 2015 in NEWS

For Elaine Ng (吳綺莉), the pressure of being Jackie Chan‘s (成龍) ex-lover never left. Elaine had an affair with the superstar and gave birth to daughter Etta Ng (吳卓林) in 1999. Struggling as a single mother, Elaine suffered from alcoholism and even faced child abuse allegations recently. With her private life once again under scrutiny, Elaine said she does not blame Jackie for the mother and daughter’s circumstances.

While Jackie was heavily criticized for denying the status of his illegitimate daughter, Elaine never held a grudge. Rather than hating Jackie, Elaine only blamed herself, stating that both parties knew what they were getting into.

Elaine sighed, “No, I never blamed anyone. There’s pressure in every thing you do – it comes in a package. If you had to ask me whom I dislike the most, I would say myself. I’m not joking!”

Impossible to Ditch Pressure

Shortly after Etta’s birth, Elaine moved to Shanghai to avoid pressure from the Hong Kong media. Elaine used her artistic talents to earn a living and provide for Etta. Elaine denied that she had received $30 million HKD in financial support from Jackie.

No longer wanting to hide herself away from the public, Elaine moved back to Hong Kong with Etta several years ago. Elaine reasoned, “I felt that we would be able to handle the pressure! I need to work. Why is there a need to explain to others how we live? When a man and woman become involved, both willingly did so. The past is in the past; why keep talking about it?”

After starring in TVB’s Highs and Lows <雷霆掃毒> in 2012, Elaine filmed variety programs at i-Cable. She explained how she can never run away from her scandalous past, “Everyone knows who I am already – it’s impossible for me to leave the entertainment industry! There are some things you can never escape from! But honestly speaking, I’ve become very tired of being myself.”

The Future For Elaine

Similar to most single mothers, Elaine focused on raising her daughter while sacrificing her own love life. Although Etta is already 15 years old, Elaine said she has not dated. “It’s not something that I really think about, but it would be great if there was someone! I do want to find a partner, but these things have to come naturally.”

Besides working hard to provide for the family, Elaine promised to decrease her drinking. Reflecting on her family situation, Elaine admitted trying hard to compensate to Etta for the lack of a father figure in her life. “I gave birth to her. Some things are not Etta’s fault. Perhaps these [child abuse allegations] happened because in the last two years, there have been some details that escaped my notice. I think I have to slowly digest them with Etta.”

Source: Oriental Daily

This article is written by Su for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Elaine Ng Only Hates Herself; Doesn’t Blame Jackie Chan

• Etta Ng and Andi Autumn’s Marriage on the Rocks?(6)
  • Elaine Ng is “Totally Disappointed” in Daughter Etta Ng(10)
  • Elaine Ng and Etta Ng’s Unresolvable Differences(12)
  • Why? Elaine Ng Uploads Pictures of Etta’s Wife, Andi, to Social Media(9)
  • Jackie Chan Leaves Out Etta Ng in Memoire “Never Grow Up”(4)
  • Elaine Ng Hopes Etta Will Mature and Become More Responsible(6)
  • Etta Ng Doesn't Resent Her Father, Jackie Chan, Since She Never Met Him(8)
  • Elaine Ng Grew Up Without a Father Like Her Daughter(13)
  • Elaine Ng Accepts Etta Ng and Andi Autumn’s Same-Sex Flash Marriage(0)
  • Elaine Ng Reacts Sarcastically to Etta Ng's Engagement(6)

• 32 comments to Elaine Ng Only Hates Herself; Doesn’t Blame Jackie Chan

1. Queen says:

Old news already. Yawn. Mrs Chief Executive has taken over the top spot as abusive mother.

Login or Register before you can reply to Queen
    2. Maria says:

This makes me sick

Login or Register before you can reply to Maria
      • gary lau replied:

Jacky made me sick.
        He cannot deny he got a daughter.
        Sicko

Login or Register before you can reply to gary lau
        • Apple replied:
          Login or Register before you can reply to Apple
        • Apple replied:

Total support Gary lau. Jacky is a worst father. How could do that to his own blood. I feel sad for Etta. Hope mother n daughter will have a happy life ahead of them.

Login or Register before you can reply to Apple
        • kiwi replied:

Yeah, Jackie Chan made everyone sick. Elaine wasn’t sick when she got together with him knowing he is married. Give him time to get to know his daughter. A man got to do what a man got to do. LOL! 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to kiwi

Abundance of articles and responses and not one which simply says she will check into rehab. Maybe hk has no rehab. considering Jackie’s wealth 30m is not too high. Easy to finish it all in 15 years. Remember daughter has yet to state one word. I kinda find all these responses self serving.

• cuckoo replied:

Funn, is this 30m said by Jackie or it’s just a rumor? If Jackie paid this amount then it saved his bad father image. He is type that wants to have a good image, if she did refuse, then what’s his reaction?

Login or Register before you can reply to cuckoo
        • Funn Lim replied:

Kept being mentioned, she kept denying saying she got zero. Now why would anyone be so cordial to a man who won’t admit your daughter and won’t play nice and won’t pay anything if she hasn’t signed a non disclosure agreement?And why would anyone sign an NDA if she isn’t paid well? And why she keeps denying she was paid? I suspect there is an iron NDA somewhere and part of the NDA is daughter doesn’t go disturbing him, she can’t say anything bad abt him, etc etc. If true, 30m is cheap. He is worth billions from what I heard, if not at least close to it. If she never took a penny out of the goodness of her heart, why didn’t she think of that prior to sleeping with a married man?

• cuckoo replied:

Funn, kept being mentioned is from other people, she cannot control it. If she kept denying that means she is consistent about this. Anyway the above article does not mention when relating to “denying”, so it doesn’t mean “now”, maybe it’s just an extraction from the past events. It is not called cordial to this man, but she needs to have suitable behaviour, to protect her mean for earning a living, she works in the same industry with him, where he is very rich and powerful, while she’s tiny. If a person only money-minded, she won’t be fallen into such level of depression. I see money-minded people are usually very strong, if they failed at the first attempt, they still will try with other rich people/men. She didn’t, with the fact she’s beautiful. I can see she loves daughter very much and the daughter loves her very much too, and she’s honest. She slept with this married man, yeah maybe she admired his talent, his funny personality, his big image/super star, his wealth/spending on persueing her, his love experiences, which I see love experiences is the biggest factor.

Login or Register before you can reply to cuckoo
        • MW replied:

Why would Elaine Ng need to say anything negative against Jackie Chan when EVERYONE else is already doing so? Hmmm… 🙂

Why would Elaine Ng want to risk ruining the relationship between brother and sister by saying something negative against Jackie Chan? You think Jaycee Chan will tolerate that? You don’t think Jaycee Chan carried messages from Jackie Chan and Joan Lin when he meets Etta Ng?

Maybe Elaine Ng was advised by family members (Jaycee Chan, Jackie Chan, Joan Lin, etc.) to not say anything negative against Jackie Chan because he is her daughter’s father?

Elaine Ng said that she did not receive “alimony” (for herself) and I believe her. But, one must not read more into her “exact” words, which does not say Etta did not receive “any” child support (however little).

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
    4. Patrick says:

I wonder what artistis talents does she possess? Can she really act? I don’t recall seeing her in any popular HK dramas. Only got to know her because of her involvement with JC.

Login or Register before you can reply to Patrick
      • Funn Lim replied:

Not a good actress at all.

• Kidd replied:

She worked as graphic designer or something before she moved back HK. I read an article about it.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
      • kiwi replied:

You have the answer to your questions. Making the dragon seed. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to kiwi
      • kiwi replied:

You have the answer to your questions. Making the dragon baby. LOL 🙁

Login or Register before you can reply to kiwi
    5. coralie says:

Yes, it is mostly her fault. I highly doubt JC wouldn’t have requested she abort the child if he’d known. Which means she kept the baby without his consent. And then had the nerve to blab to the media about her kid’s parentage, hoping it’d get back at JC. Instead, it backfired on her.

Rightfully then she should abdicate all responsibility from him and accept all costs associated with the child. However, for the sake of the child’s health, the courts usually make the man compensate for costs of living. In this case, JC didn’t (as stated by Elaine at least). But it brings me back to the point of should he even need to – law aside? I think if a woman doesn’t want a kid and her partner forced her to have it, then she shouldn’t need to take responsibility over the child. Yeah she’ll get backlash as JC is getting backlash, but I find it difficult to fault him for not wanting to spend time with a child he didn’t want.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
      • Kidd replied:

You talk about abortion like it’s as trivial as throwing away a t-shirt. You don’t want it, you throw it away. This is a life. Jackie and Elaine both created this life. So, he has to share the responsibility.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kidd
        • coralie replied:

And you’re implying it’s harder than giving birth. Having a child who wants to commit suicide…is a life much better than not giving birth at all?

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
        • nomad 822 replied:

The “suicide” bit from a 15 yr old.

How much of that is high drama?
          It’s like when I hear of kids cutting themselves here – kids from privileged homes where stay-home moms bother to bake cookies for their school bake sales.

“Cutting” really? Go cut and end yourself then. Nothing better to do?
          There are far worse lives out there, and those people are valiantly living and soldiering on, despite all odds stacked against them.

Login or Register before you can reply to nomad 822
        • nomad 822 replied:

The “suicide” bit from a 15 yr old.

How much of that is high drama?
          It’s like when I hear of teens cutting themselves here – kids from privileged homes where stay-home moms bother to bake cookies for their school bake sales.

“Cutting” really? Go cut and end yourself then. Nothing better to do?

Login or Register before you can reply to nomad 822
        • nomad 822 replied:

The “suicide” bit from a 15 yr old.

How much of that is high drama too?

“Cutting” really? Go cut and end yourself then. Nothing better to do?

Login or Register before you can reply to nomad 822
      • nomad 822 replied:

I am neutral to abortion.

Have seen single moms who ‘romantically’ WANT to keep their kids, only to not be able to endure longterm parenting and end up with kids being taken away by social services, or being brought up in foster homes (some horrible places where security checks are quite lax as to parenting standards – it’s paid parenting by the state).

Is this a better existence really?

Login or Register before you can reply to nomad 822
        • coralie replied:

@nomad – exactly! These parents who don’t even know what kind of life they’re bringing their kids into, don’t deserve to be parents. That’s selfish behavior. If I know I have no means to raise a kid properly, I rather be childless. I’m not too surprised by the suicide confession from Etta cus imagine growing up knowing your dad didn’t want you, abandoned you and the whole world knows this and your mom is a home wrecker and you’re in the news no matter what. I’d suffocate! Sure her mom is still able to afford her a good life style but at the cost of being an alcoholic… Hmm. Yeah. No thanks.

Login or Register before you can reply to coralie
        • Kelly replied:

This is why I lost faith in humanity.

Login or Register before you can reply to Kelly
    6. Rachaael says:

Wow what is wrong with Jackie Chan? I thought he is a good man. that is your child and how can you deny the fact, and not want to be there for his daughter. Btw, the think the lady above photo is more attractive than his current wife.

Login or Register before you can reply to Rachaael
    7. Moon says:

I don’t know much about her or Jackie Chan affair. Through my own experience, having a baby as a single mother is really hard. I don’t quite believe what Elaine is saying because if she really did receive any money from Jackie then she shouldn’t say much from the beginning. To me, the more Elaine mention about the story the more Elaine wanted other to feel sorry for her.
      In general not all women will receive money from the man who left them when she was pregnant. Every women have their own different approach and how they handle the tough decision to keep or abort the baby. Some women are strong and tough to able handle the hardship in whatever but not all women can do it. In a way, I think Elaine it tough but she choice alcohol as a way to relief her pain. Everyone have a different ways to deal with their emotional pain. Those thing take times. I hope she can pull herself together.

I think she shouldn’t say much of the past anymore because it is already the past. The current situation right now is to hopefully get sober up and continue to raise her daughter.

Login or Register before you can reply to Moon
      • MW replied:

“Elaine Ng choice alcohol as a way to relief her pain”

Didn’t Elaine Ng say that she drank red wine for her insomnia?

Anyways, I think putting her in jail (perhaps, to sober up) was harsh. Separation, yes. But, not jail.

Login or Register before you can reply to MW
        • Moon replied:

I didn’t read other article on her. Base on the article it stated she was suffering from alcoholism and even face child abuse allegation.

Yes I agree going to jail is a bit harsh but the law stated if any child under age 18 is found of child abuse then the parents will be charge. I believe that HK law and it the saw law in US too.

Login or Register before you can reply to Moon
    8. Dot says:

Even if JC don’t want anything to do with the child at least support her financially. To deny her and not do anything just shows his lack of responsibility as a guy. Previously, he said he won’t leave any of his will to Jaycee. Then after Jaycee came out he said he would give him everything, wtf is wrong with the guy? Used to love JC when I was a kid growing up watching his movies. Armour of God, Project A, Meals on Wheels, to name a few. Totally lost respect for him as time went by. His antics and some of the crap that comes out his mouth.

Login or Register before you can reply to Dot
    9. dot says:

Why did the people here remove my comment? Not like I said anything offensive. Where’s freedom of speech????

Login or Register before you can reply to dot
    10. pjferjack says:

It’s easy to be a Monday quarterback saying what should or could have been done. This was an adult relationship with consenting people. They both knew and acknowledged that Jackie was a married man. Having said that however, NO ONE really knows what transpired between them before, during or after the pregnancy… just them. If this child was born without his knowledge, then yeah, the responsibility falls on the mother who decided to take this load on by herself. Whether Jackie chooses to have a relationship with his daughter or not is his decision and not the media or netizens. No one actually knows for certain if child support is provided for or not. In regards to Jackie’s wealth, he can give it to whomever he chooses to. It’s his money, not yours. And in as much to his popularity…. Chinese people in Hong Kong may hate him but here in the States, we love him.

Login or Register before you can reply to pjferjack