Miss Hong Kong 2012 Will Be Crowned by Viewers

By on August 3, 2012 in Hot Gossip!, NEWS

The highly anticipated 2012 Miss Hong Kong Pageant will be held on Sunday, August 26, 2012. This year’s new scoring system will make the beauty pageant more exciting! The organizers have pioneered a brand new judging system which will involve the decision making by 7 million Hong Kong citizens. The Miss Hong Kong 2012 winner will no longer be crowned by the judges, but it will be selected by the TV viewers instead!

Viewers to Select Winner

Since this year is the 40th anniversary of the Miss Hong Kong Pageant, the organizers sought to implement a breakthrough in determining the winners. In the previous Miss Hong Kong pageants, the judging panel selected the winners. This year, Hong Kong citizens will be able to choose the winners among 10 pageant contestants.

The judging panel of 2012 Miss Hong Kong Pageant will only select the top 3 finalists. The top 3 finalists will then proceed to the questions and answers session, where the viewers will have a better understanding of the finalists. Viewers will have the next 10 to15 minutes of voting time to cast a vote on their favourite contestants. The results will be tabulated live, in which the 2012 Miss Hong Kong winner will be crowned with the highest number of votes.

To prevent any duplication of votes and to ensure a fair and equal standard, viewers can only cast their vote once. Thus, viewers will need to consider carefully within the short span of time to cast their precious vote on their selected contestants. Viewers can cast their votes through phones and online at TVB.com. To prevent any technical hiccups during the voting system, TVB has upgraded their system and engaged software consultants to help with the live-voting system.

Andy Lau and Carina Lau Will be Judges

This year, TVB has invited Andy Lau (劉德華) and Carina Lau (劉嘉玲) to be part of the pageant’s judging panel. In addition, the other judges include veteran actress, Angie Chiu (趙雅芝), previous contestants of Miss Hong Kong pageants, Mandy Cho (曹敏莉), Charlene Tse (谢宁) and Ellen Wong (王爱伦).

It will be interesting to see how the ten contestants will fare under the star-studded judging panel, and who will be the favorite choice of the Hong Kong viewers!

Source: Apple Daily via ihktv.com

This article is written by Stella for JayneStars.com.

43 comments to Miss Hong Kong 2012 Will Be Crowned by Viewers

1. lol says:

I almost forgot about Miss HK competition

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
    • kittie replied:

I wish im a hong konger…. so tat I can vote…. 🙂

Login or Register before you can reply to kittie
      • A replied:

Don’t bother. They claimed server was down & results were actually based on judges’ scores. Bet they already knew who they had to place. Amy Cheung who didn’t deserve to be in the finals was placed last minute. And what do you know,….she got 1st runner up. RIGGED!!!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to A
      • A replied:

Sorry , I meant to say Jacqueline Wong didn’t deserve 1st runner up

Login or Register before you can reply to A
  2. sushiroll says:

then we all know who gonna win…..miss michael jackson!

Login or Register before you can reply to sushiroll
    • Jack replied:

Leave the man alone. He’s no longer alive so there’s no need to bring his name up.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jack
  3. Gar says:

The above picture doesn’t look right. The last 2 girls on the right should be facing the other way like the other girls.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
  4. Gar says:

I sense that there will be controversy surrounding the voting system and the results and ultimately the winner.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
    • A replied:

Yup, you got it.

Login or Register before you can reply to A
  5. TVBFanatic says:

i really dislike this current format. It’s not a pageant, it’s a reality tv show. A pageant should be about style and grace, and choosing the best person. Having contests and contestants voting each other out? That’s not worthy of a pageant imho. if I am a contestant with the chance to vote someone out, I’m going to vote out the prettiest and most dangerous competitor! 😛

What a shame to ruin the 40th anniversary of the pageant like this. Hopefully next year common sense will return.

Login or Register before you can reply to TVBFanatic
    • Gar replied:

Agreed…there’s simply no elegance left in the MHK pageants anymore.

Login or Register before you can reply to Gar
    • HeTieShou replied:

I agree and MS Hk has truly lost the elegance and grace that it used to have.I am glad to see Andy, Carina, Angie, Mandy and others come back as judges though. I think they forgot that Angie was 4th place during the first Ms. Hk pageant in 1973.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • sandcherry replied:

Agreed…there’s simply no elegance left in the MHK pageants anymore. Miss Hong Kong Pageant shows are getting worse and worse ………….. meaningless.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry
    • Anon replied:

In these recent years only Rebecca got into future fadan position. What happened to the other Miss HKs?

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
    • vivien replied:

Tell the truth, last year look better. Rebecca and Whitney got something but this year favourites Carat and Roxanne can’t match up

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
    • Anon replied:

Rebecca is pretty

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
      • vivien replied:

Yah pretty face and nice body Rebecca Zhu

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
  6. gold4canada says:

sounds like a diaster waiting to happen. no matter the results, it will be viewed as unfair and rigged.

Login or Register before you can reply to gold4canada
    • vivien replied:

LOL

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
  7. HeTieShou says:

The results will definitely be accused of being rigged.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • Anon replied:

Whatever judging system is used it will be complained as rigged unless a media and audience favourite wins

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
    • vivien replied:

LOL I thought everything in TVB is rigged 😛

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
      • HeTieShou replied:

Good point Vivien!!!

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Veejay replied:

TVB can only avoid being called as rigging the game by Open for PUblic voting on the spot.

Login or Register before you can reply to Veejay
  8. simplyhk says:

I agree that the results are going to be viewed as rigged, if this happens then I think Roxanne Tong or possibly Carat is winning this pageant since Roxanne has won 2 awards and apparently those were based on audience voting or maybe TVB. heh. I find it so wierd there’s only 10 contestants left, which makes it boring.

Login or Register before you can reply to simplyhk
  9. Anon says:

I think Roxanne is actually quite good looking among these contestants

Login or Register before you can reply to Anon
    • vivien replied:

Roxanne has a vixen look. I’m not too sure

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
      • HeTieShou replied:

I agree and I do not know why people say Roxanne is good looking? I think if she looked like her uncle Kent when he was young, then she would be pretty good looking. However, she does not at all. I guess people think she is pretty compared to the other contestants since the quality of this year’s contestants is really poor.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
  10. vivien says:

None of them has MHK elegance

Login or Register before you can reply to vivien
  11. Jessica says:

A lot of them are unattractive but I’m a westerner so I guess I have different standards and ideas on beauty.

People mention Carat as one of the favourites to win and I think she is ugly. She’s from Vancouver, my city too haha.

Melanie and Roxanne are who I’d consider the best looking. Ivana is decent too and Wingto seems to have a lot of charisma.

Login or Register before you can reply to Jessica
    • HeTieShou replied:

Once again, I still do not get why many say that Roxanne is one of the best looking. But I guess my taste is different from many others. This pageant should be based on more than looks anyways.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • Jessica replied:

Apart from her nose, she’s the prettiest. Notice how I said “pretty” instead of elegant, gorgeous, beautiful, etc. She’s mall girl kind of pretty but still a whole lot prettier than the rest of the girls.

Who do you think is the best looking?

Login or Register before you can reply to Jessica
      • HeTieShou replied:

I guess it is because I am a nose person. I find that even if a person had other nice features, but did not have a nice nose then I do not consider them pretty at all. But even so, I still do not feel Roxanne is pretty. However, she may win due to her connections.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • HeTieShou replied:

I forgot to say that I like Wingto and a few other contestants, but Roxanne is not one of my favorites.

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
      • lol replied:

TVB must’ve had in mind who will won the crown. The audience poll is just a cover up of how rigged MHK is

Login or Register before you can reply to lol
      • A replied:

She probably has connections. That’s how it is. Not what you know, it’s who you know.

Login or Register before you can reply to A
  12. Amy says:

Oh no! If the voting system is implemented, Roxanne is bound to win,given the fact that she’s voted as favourite by the netizens before. Urgh i agree with HTS too, i find her not pretty. At all.

Login or Register before you can reply to Amy
  13. bl says:

I think Roxanne is the prettiest, I hope she will win.

Login or Register before you can reply to bl
  14. Nicole says:

Maybe they will rig it by selecting one popular contestant with 2 unpopular contestants for top 3, thus only the popular one will get more votes?

But based on performance, Carat seems very strong, although I don’t like her. She is a real pageant girl. She and Roxanne won the most challenges.

Login or Register before you can reply to Nicole
  15. tvbfan says:

None of them have the charisma yet now. No one stood out enough for me.

Login or Register before you can reply to tvbfan
  16. dd says:

The first five minutes will be the crowning of “Miss HK”.
    The remaining 2~3hours will be TVB asking Andy Lau about his new baby while laughing at newpapers and magazines by saying: “Hey, hey, look at who we interviewed about his new kid. Yeaaah that’s right, Andy Lau”.

Login or Register before you can reply to dd
  17. HeTieShou says:

Login or Register before you can reply to HeTieShou
    • sandcherry replied:

“Regardless of who wins, it will not mean anything since Ms HK is no longer the same as it used to be.” ………… Agree. It is like a game show now.

Login or Register before you can reply to sandcherry