Myolie Wu Wants Everyone to Guess the Gender of Her Baby

By on May 8, 2019 in NEWS

Myolie Wu Wants Everyone to Guess the Gender of Her Baby

Despite being seven months pregnant with swollen feet, Myolie Wu (胡杏兒) attended a charity event hosted inside a supermarket alongside supermodel Coco Chiang (蔣怡). As she was working throughout her first pregnancy as well, the actress does not plan on going on a hiatus until June – about a month before her expected delivery date in July. When reporters asked her for her baby’s gender, Myolie remained tight-lipped.

“I want everyone to take a guess,” the mother cheekily said. “I’ll tell you after I give birth because it’ll be boring if I reveal the answer so soon. But I know someone photographed me buying boy clothes before. They were actually for my helper; her expected delivery date is the same as mine, which is really amazing, but she already went back to the Philippines.”

Although Gigi Leung (梁詠琪) gifted Myolie’s baby yellow clothing, Myolie stressed that yellow is a neutral color and can be worn by both boys and girls. “The clothes are from her brand, Nanos. I didn’t reveal the gender to anyone except my family. Even my friends don’t know,” Myolie shared.

She added that her one and a half-year-old son, Brendan Lee, doesn’t know he’ll be a brother soon either. The actress said, “He would hug and kiss my belly, but I don’t think he understands there’s a baby in there. He’s probably curious as to why my belly is so big.”

When asked if Brendan will get jealous of his sibling, she said she carries other babies to test him sometimes. “For example, last time my husband carried Linda Chung‘s (鍾嘉欣) son when she came back, and my son was so stunned. He didn’t cry or yell, but he was probably wondering why daddy is holding another baby. He was a little jealous, so we might have to train him a bit. I’ll wait for the baby to be born [to teach him how to be a brother],” Myolie said.

While it may be hard for Brendan to adjust at first, Myolie said she also feels bad for the baby in her belly. “Being the second child is kind of sad because everything will be hand-me-downs. We’ll be using a lot of old stuff, so we don’t have to rebuy a lot of things except for clothes,” she laughed.

Myolie revealed she is going to try for a natural birth again this time. However, she is a bit scared after watching videos of childbirth earlier.

Source: Oncc

This article is written by MelodyC for JayneStars.com.

How do you feel about this article?
Myolie Wu Wants Everyone to Guess the Gender of Her Baby

• Myolie Wu Announces Second Pregnancy with Baby Ultrasound(5)
  • Weight Gain and Thicker Waist: Is Myolie Wu Pregnant Again?(4)
  • Friends Throw Myolie Wu a Surprise Baby Shower(2)
  • Jessica Hsuan, Myolie Wu, Flora Chan Reunite in the UK(1)
  • Hong Kong Celebrities Embrace the No Makeup Trend(25)
  • Pregnant Myolie Wu Wraps Up “The Last Cook”(0)
  • Myolie Wu Filmed “The Last Cook” While Pregnant(0)
  • Myolie Wu: "My Ex Made Me More Mature; My Hubby Pampers Me Like A Child"(7)
  • How 3 Pregnant Celebrity Moms Celebrated Their New Year(9)
  • Mandy Wong Believes It Will Be Hard to Win for the Third Time(0)

• 8 comments to Myolie Wu Wants Everyone to Guess the Gender of Her Baby

1. mi520 says:

“We’ll be using a lot of old stuff, so we don’t have to rebuy a lot of things except for clothes”

Baby Girl? <3
      I've always wanted an older brother ~

Login or Register before you can reply to mi520
    2. Most likely a girl based on what she posted on Instagram

Login or Register before you can reply to pineapplecake
    3. janet72 says:

”We’ll be using a lot of old stuff, so we don’t have to rebuy a lot of things except for clothes,”
      her older one is only 1.5 years old.
      so the baby clothes shouldn’t be that old. if the 2nd one is a girl, she would want to buy new ones.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
    4. prettysup1 says:

She is going to try for a natural birth again, meaning she already had one for her first child? Then why is she scared now?

Login or Register before you can reply to prettysup1
    5. jimmyszeto says:

Hate it when celebs think they are something big by think it’s a big reveal. Similar to when Ruco pulled down a banner to reveal the sex of his baby…

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
      • janet72 replied:

@jimmyszeto yah…what’s the big deal? either you just tell people the gender or say you want to keep it a surprise.
        royal family doesn’t allow the gender to be known before the birth. so many were betting on the genders of George, Charlotte, Louis and Archie.

Login or Register before you can reply to janet72
      • littlefish replied:

@jimmyszeto well celebrities are a bit of an air head sometimes 🙂 Just like how she said “Being the second child is kind of sad because everything will be hand-me-downs“. I grew up with hand me down stuffs, and even for my first son, I’m happy to have him have hand me down stuffs, not because we couldn’t afford brand new stuffs, but he’s a child, he doesn’t know new things, or old thing, as long as it’s his first time seeing it, he gets to keep it, he’s more than happy. Maybe what she mean is things of his/her own, as she/he will have to share with her brother. But even so, all those are good personal skills. What’s sad about being the second child is unlike the first child who has a certain amount of time where he/she’s the sole centre of his/her parents’ universe, the second child will never know that feeling lol 🙁 but then I heard from my friend, who has a younger sister, how to this day, she still remember the feeling of loosing that position, and how when she was a child, she never asked for a brother or sister lol. You win some, you lose some.

Login or Register before you can reply to littlefish
    6. cutie777 says:

Maybe it’s a girl for her? Since she said she doesn’t have to buy anything much but clothes? If she still have her son old clothes maybe no need to buy too I’m sure it will fit the newborn. That would be perfect if this one is a girl.

Login or Register before you can reply to cutie777