New Action Film Reunites “Crazy Rich Asians” Stars Michelle Yeoh and Awkwafina

By on September 6, 2018 in Movies, NEWS

New Action Film Reunites “Crazy Rich Asians” Stars Michelle Yeoh and Awkwafina

An “interdimensional action film” produced by the Russo brothers will reunite Crazy Rich Asians stars Michelle Yeoh (楊紫瓊) and Awkwafina, kickstarting a new Hollywood epic for Asian Americans.

Crazy Rich Asians, directed by Jon M. Chu (朱浩偉), is Hollywood’s latest craze, hitting a worldwide gross of US$143.9 million. Starring Constance Wu (吳恬敏), Henry Golding, Gemma Chan (陳靜), Nico Santos, Lisa Lu (盧燕), Ken Jeong, Awkwafina, and Michelle Yeoh, Crazy Rich Asians is the first Hollywood studio production to feature an all-Asian cast since The Joy Luck Club in 1993.

According to the report, Michelle and Awkwafina’s new movie, Everything Everywhere All At Once, will be directed by Swiss Army Man directors Daniel Kwan (關家永) and Daniel Scheinert. The film will be produced by brothers Anthony and Joe Russo, known for their work in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

In a post-credit scene for 2017’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, it was revealed that Michelle would star as the superhero Aleta Ogord for Vol. 3, but with the director being fired from the franchise, the sequel’s production is currently in limbo.

Source: On.cc

This article is written by Addy for JayneStars.com.

20 comments to New Action Film Reunites “Crazy Rich Asians” Stars Michelle Yeoh and Awkwafina

1. anon says:

Awkwafina is as awkward as she looks…

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
    • msxie0714 replied:

@anon

Unlike chinese bloggers, foreigners didn’t make fun of her looks, but gave her raves for her perfomance.

Login or Register before you can reply to msxie0714
      • anon replied:

@msxie0714

I was referencing her looks to her music… Foreigners also think Lucy Liu is attractive.. But i think otherwise.. To each their own.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
      • @anon you clearly have not seen Charlie’s angels.

Login or Register before you can reply to peanutbutterjelly
      • anon replied:

@peanutbutterjelly

Yes, I’ve seen Charlie’s Angels and I still think Lucy is ugly.

Login or Register before you can reply to anon
      • @anon I think she’s beautiful but you can’t argue taste I guess.

Although I find it sad that more traditionally Asian features are looked down upon by Asians themselves usually…

Login or Register before you can reply to peanutbutterjelly
      • jimmyszeto replied:

@peanutbutterjelly
        So Asians shouldn’t have opinions on appearance or features of other Asians? We should all stick together and show more patriotism than western countries?. Looks like you have a chip on your shoulder…

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
      • @jimmyszeto of course Asians can have opinions on other Asians’ appearances, where did I deny that may I ask? I said what I said, Asian ethnocentric features are not appreciated amongst Asians and I find that regrettable.

Login or Register before you can reply to peanutbutterjelly
      • jimmyszeto replied:

@peanutbutterjelly
        What features of Asians are you referring to? Shouldn’t be evaluate appearance on a wide scale rather have specific rules for each race.

Login or Register before you can reply to jimmyszeto
      • potatochip replied:

@peanutbutterjelly I think Lucy is attractive, too. I remember first seeing her in Ally McBeal and loving her sexy, hilariously witty, tough character. I watch Elementary here and there and enjoy her performance.

She doesn’t have soft “pretty” features but she is charismatic and looks timeless. There is a funny fashion blog, Tomandlorenzo.com, that features a wide variety of actors. When you search her name, she is consistently praised for looking fashionable.

Login or Register before you can reply to potatochip
    • m0m0 replied:

@anon
      seriously, she’s got some quite unsually looks but the west always have a different opinion when it comes to looks.

Login or Register before you can reply to m0m0
  2. cutie777 says:

Lol. What kinda name is awkwafina? Never heard of it I would say she made it up herself?

Login or Register before you can reply to cutie777
    • tiffany replied:

@cutie777 Sounds like the water brand Aquafina lol

Login or Register before you can reply to tiffany
      • cutie777 replied:

@tiffany I know right? I guess so many people came up with a funny name this day.

Login or Register before you can reply to cutie777
    • llwy12 replied:

@cutie777 That’s her stage name. Her real name is Nora Lum.

I don’t see anything wrong with the name Awkwafina actually. She’s a rapper so it makes sense to have an interesting sounding stage name like that.

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
      • cutie777 replied:

@llwy12 well I just find a little funny with the name like that that’s all. Any idea what nationality she’s from? Her last name is Lum? Does it mean Lam also? She looks a bit like Korean to me.

Login or Register before you can reply to cutie777
      • llwy12 replied:

@cutie777 Her father is Chinese (don’t know from where though) and her mother is Korean. She was born in Queens (New York) and after her mother died when she was just 4 years old, her grandmother (whom she affectionately calls Grammafina) stepped in to help her father raise her. As for how her stage name Awkwafina (which is indeed pronounced same as the water brand Aquafina) came to be, she had said in an interview that she made up the name herself when she was 15 years old — she chose it because it was a funny name for one (she was a comedian growing up so it was intentional to make up a name that sounded funny), and two it has part of the word “awkward” in it, which she feels is a fitting description for herself…

Login or Register before you can reply to llwy12
      • potatochip replied:

@llwy12 That’s very endearing. Thanks for the interesting info!

Login or Register before you can reply to potatochip
      • cutie777 replied:

@llwy12 thanks for your reply. I can tell she does looks a bit Korean and it’s sad that she lost her mom when she still a kid.

Login or Register before you can reply to cutie777
  3. kolo says:

i think awkwafina is the ideal actress for the role as mulan and henry golding is perfect as james bond.

Login or Register before you can reply to kolo